Wrong turn

By flwrsdaisy

wrong turn. I got a wrong turn. I, Alexa Johnson, make another huge mistake in life by believing in someone a... More

prologue
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29

chapter 1

4.9K 77 13
By flwrsdaisy

Heartbreak anniversary - Giveon

##########################################################

Alexa

Six Months Before

I open my eyes when I heard the door of my room open and close back. I sit up and see my husband. "You just got home?" I ask Jared when I see him walking towards me. I look at the time, it is 6:00 in the morning. I scootch a bit to give him space to sit on the bed. 

"Sorry, did I wake you up? You go back to sleep, I will be quiet," He said stroking my hair.

"No you don't, I just can't sleep much since you're not next to me," I said to him. 

"I am so sorry babe, there's an emergency at the hospital as usual but last night was very tiring. I'm exhausted. " He said. I can see that he is tired because his eyes red and the bag under his eyes is visible. 

"Awe poor my husband. Come and sleep next to me, I will wake you up at 7:30," I said and he smiles at me. Even though he is tired, smiles never leave his face. That's what I love about him. No matter how hard life is, he always smiles. 

"Thank you, my love," He said and give me a peck on my lips before close his eyes. He drifts to sleep as soon as his head touches the pillow. I adjust the blanket to cover him and I kiss him on the cheek. He looks so handsome with that face. It's been more than ten years but I guess I am falling for him more day by day. I smile and continue to sleep. 

***************************

I am now in the kitchen making breakfast for my family.

 For the question that do we have a maid? 

The answer is, Yes. Of course. We do have a maid and also a nanny to take care of Austin and Helena. I just love to cook for my family. Besides, they love to eat my cooking. Sometimes, I give the maid a rest from cooking, so that I can conquer the kitchen. 

Then Gabriella comes into the kitchen. "Good morning mom. What are you making?" 

"Good morning sweetheart. Today, for breakfast, I'm making you all avocados toasts." I said and I know that is her favorite.  "You want to help me with it?" She nods her head and we started to make it together. My daughter is big already and now I feel that I have another best friend since she always shares her story and problem with me. That's a perk of having children at a young age. 

"Mommy!" I heard Austin screamed from upstairs. "Mommy!" He called me again.

"Well, can you continue to do the rest? I need to get your brother," I said and she nods her head. I walk upstairs to Austin's but then I am surprised by him standing in front of his room naked while crossing his arms. 

I shake my head while chuckle to see him, "What's wrong with you, Austin? Why are you naked?" I ask and he grabs my fingers and leads me into his room. " Austin, why you take out all your clothes from the wardrobe?" I ask him and looking at the mess that he did. The morning not even starts yet and here he is, already makes a full mess.

"I want to wear superman's shirt but I can't find it," He said. "Mommy, can you help me?" I smile looking at my five-year-old son. I can't be mad at this cute face in front of me. 

I take his blue bathrobe and make him wear it. I don't want him to catch a cold though, "Next time, don't do this okay? You can just ask your brother to find it for you or maybe you can ask me for help before you make all this mess. Got it?" I said and he comes to me then hugs me.

"I am so sorry mommy. I promise won't do it again but he didn't want to help me like always," Austin said pouting. Gabriel always helps him to shower and even find his clothes but I don't know why he didn't help his brother today. "He is being grumpy old man," Austin tells me. Austin always wants Gabriel to help him get ready in the morning. Even though I hired a nanny to help him, but he always wants his brother. It's good that Gabriel is actually willing to help his younger brother. I wonder what is going on with him tomorrow. 

"Come and wear your pants first. You're getting cold," I reach the pants and let him wear them. I search for the shirt that he wants and luckily I found it or else, he will make a fuss about it. That's what kids always do when they didn't get what they want. "Here you go, my handsome boy." He finally wears his favorite shirt and now he is grinning happily. 

"I know," He replies to me and giggles. He is so cute. "Mommy, I'm hungry," He said, and when we both get out of the room, Helena also ready. Helena is the calm one and never makes any fuss in the morning. She is the calmest kid in this house. 

"Good morning my princess," I said and give her a kiss on the cheek. "Sandy, can you take Austin downstairs too? I need to see my husband," I said to the kid's nanny. She nods her head and brings them downstairs. I walk to my room and see Jared is still sleeping even though I already wake him up many times. 

"I wake up babe, seriously," He said and get off the bed as fast as he can. " I just resting my eyes just for a few more minutes," He said.

"Oh, really? I see," I look at him and cross my arms together. He walks towards me and cups my face with both of his hands. "You're going to be late," I said to him.

"I won't besides, my shift start at ten. I still have lots of time," He kisses my forehead. "Don't be too serious, love. Smile a little," He kisses my nose. I can't help but smile at him. "That's what I love," His lips went to my lips and give me a kiss. 

"Alright, I don't want to kiss you now, go and take a shower. You stinky," I said and he pouts thinking I will give in. "It's not going to work on me now," 

"You want to take a shower together?" 

"I already take a shower, no thanks,"

"There's nothing wrong if you take a second shower," He smirks at me. I know what he meant. "So?" He wiggles his eyebrows while looking at me.

"The kids will be late for school, maybe next time if you wake up a bit early, your wish will be true," I said and wink at him before leaving him alone in the room. 

"Babeeee," I hear him calling me but I decided to ignore it and walk downstairs to see how my children doing.

*********************

After sending the children off to school, I went back home because I forgot to take the file that I need for the meeting this morning. "Hello, Hera, can you adjust to starting a bit late because I need to get my file at home. I think I will be a bit late,"

"I will ma'am," 

"Thank you," I said and hang up. I hate when I need to turn back just because I forgot one thing but what to do, I need that for today's meeting. I walk out of my car and walk to the house to see Jared's car still here. Of course, he is since his shift start at 10. I walk into the house quickly and straight to the bedroom. 

"I can't last night-" I heard he said but stop midway when he saw me at the door. "Hey babe, I thought you left?" He looks at me surprised.

"Yes I did but I forgot my file. Who are you talking to?" I ask him because he looks weird. Like he didn't want me to hear anything.

"Oh, no one. It just my colleague asking about work," He said and I nod my head. 

"Well, I gotta go now, see you later," I walk to him and kiss him before leaving the house. I don't know but he seems weird when he saw me at the door because he immediately hangs up the phone. Maybe he was shocked to see me but why though?

It's nothing maybe. I put all that aside and drive away. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, I took so long to update the first chapter. I've been busy because I have an interview coming in two weeks. I need to be prepared for that first but I promise I will update the next chapter on track. Thank you to those who still waiting for the update though and I am truly sorry again. 

So, how are you feeling after reading this chapter? ;)

Don't forget to vote and comment. 

love you, 

little munchkin, xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 680 57
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
899K 30.7K 64
#1 in Devil on December 24, 2019 #2 in Emotional on August 13, 2018 #7 in Paranormal on December 18, 2018 Book 1 - Saved By The Devil ✅ Book 2 - Retu...
173K 4.1K 60
Ally is just trying to make it through until she can get to school and train to be the pack doctor. Tate is the next in line to be Alpha. Everything...
151K 7.4K 134
Hey Guys!!! This is Book 2 of my Realize series. If you haven't read the first book yet, I highly recommend that you do to avoid any confusion. But...