The Blind Waterbender

By DayDreamerBookReader

Her name is Lyra. Twin of Katara and youngest daughter of Chief Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. At the ag... More

Blinded
Aang
Breakfast and introductions
Zuko
Air Temple Part 1-
Air Temple Part 2
Ocean and Moon
Gonna Show You
Kyoshi
Blind not Stupid
Found
Distracted
Explanation
King
Three Deadly Trials
2 Out of 3
Showdown
Out of Omashu
Stranger
Low Profile
Escape
Scarred Valley
Winter Solstice
Agreement
Promises
Blockade
Sages
Lovers Quarrel
Split
Puddle
Market
Siblings Pt. 1
Siblings Pt. 2
Funny Photos of How I Imagine Asura Acting
Instincts
Jet
Suspicions
Support
Theories for Branch Bending
Soaring
Pre-Dinner
Psychopath
Cyriptic Warning
Injured Asura
The Town
Flood
The Great Divide
Didn't Mean To Publish!
Two Tribes
Hi- Bi!
Loyalty
Nightmare
Apologies
The Ratty Old Man
More Cute Asura Pictures!!!
Confessions
Cinnamon
Fever
Time
All in Your Head
Taunting Fish
Aunt Wu!
Meng's Crush
The Reading
The Story of The Great Spirit
Stop Asian Hate
Sokka the Skeptic
RIP Philece Sampler
Cloud Reading
Can't Have Light Without Darkness
Discovery at the Volcanoes Lip
Eruption Pt. 1
Eruption Pt. 2
Who The Blind Ones Really Are
The Abbey
Memories & Nightmares
Take a Bow
Snap!
So We Meet Again
Can You Not
Unknown Dreams
The Fire Festival
That's Not Suspicious
Friend or Foe? How Should I Know?
The Warrior Turned Soft
A/N
Foraging
Chores & Training
Coaxing
Fire, Good or Bad?
Nightmares Come to Life
What's To Come
A Visit With Tui and La
Pranked or Pranksters?
Airbenders?
Premonitions
Airborne People
The Northern Air Temple
Loopy Lyra
Sibling Relations
Book Cover for Book 2?
Tricks and Traps
Even Aggie?
The Battle For The Air Temple
Naptime!
Arrival in the North
Talking To The Master
Energy Dip
People Are Irritating
Hahn's Threats
Chief Arnook
2 vs 1
Siege of The North Pt. 1
Siege of the North Pt. 2
End of Book 1!
New Book Out Now! Book 2!

Canyon Guide?

3K 84 2
By DayDreamerBookReader

Kelly Clarkson- War Paint. As usual not my song or video. Just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose

-----------------

Lyra's POV

I was urged awake by Sokka at midnight.

"It's your turn to guard, Lyra." He whispered.

I sighed tiredly, the one night I don't have any insomnia.

"Got it." I groaned inwardly.

Sokka went to the tent to sleep until morning.

Judging by how much sun I felt, (which was nothing) that meant that the moon was at its peak.

Sokka took no issue falling asleep with loud obnoxious snores.

It was gonna be a long night..

--

Hours passed and I spaced my bending out in a thicker layer which meant it'd be more accurate.

The trees, and foliage lit up with water like a full bulb. Drops fell from the sky which I shielded everyone from. Keeping my arms moving until a large dome formed above everyone.

Until it stopped and I moved my arms in a fast movement breaking my palms apart to make the water smaller until the air was humid and the ground dry.

So much for the dry season.

I sat back breathing fast and my arms burned.

Shouldn't of done that.

My head spun slightly and the beginning of a migraine gripped the base of my skull, its jagged tendrils gripped my head, the way one did a cats scruff.

No more water. I flipped the switch on my head to disconnect my vision from my waterbending which was much harder then I first thought. I'd had it on for so long that the switch was stuck in place. It'd take more effort, and chi to turn it off rather than keep it on.

So I settled down, trying to keep my waterbending vision to a minimum. The area was big enough that I'd detect the danger long before it could detect any of us. Even with Sokka's snores.

The minutes went by painfully slow, and I struggled to stay awake.

As the minutes passed I allowed my mind to wander. I kept a ball of aerated ice in my hands and stretched back on a a fallen log.

My mind wandered to Jet and I briefly wondered what happened to him. I hoped he was paying for what he'd done.

My fists clenched, and the aerated ice cracked, and crumbled in my tight grasp with a satisfying crunch.

I relaxed at the satisfying sound when the sun hit my face.

The birds changed their song to greet the sunrise, alongside the other inhabitants of the forest.

I pushed myself off the dead log and walked through the squelching mud to the campsite.

I gathered myself a breakfast of fruit, and got some for Aang.

I washed my face with some cold water in a nearby stream.

Asura had also awakened with Momo following behind her in a starstruck fashion.

She dipped her head down into the water as Momo dived to catch a small fish.

The fish flapped violently in his arms but Momo teetered himself over to Asura with the fish pounding in his grasp.

He presented her with the gift and Asura seemed to blush flusteredly.

What a ladies man.

Asura was quick to grab a huge fruit from the peach tree that I had just come from.

She returned to Momo carrying the fruit from its stem.

Her feathers brushed the ground as she dropped the peach in front of Momo and nuzzled him after taking the fish with a deep coursing blush.

Momo licked her head, purring with delight. The two took little time in digging into their gifted meals.

Asura was insistent for me to keep one of the fish bones.

Not as a treat. No, when I reached to place it in her treat pocket she hissed.

It was clear she wanted it kept as a reminder of Momo's gift.

When Asura had finally settled down Momo ran to Aang handing him the peach stem.

"What's this?" Aang asked Momo.

Momo chattered his answer and I smiled at the adorable little crush the two shared.

Aang finally put it away with huge confusion. Momo chattered licking Aang's chin and ran to Appa.

Aang left not long after and I began to worry until he returned with a huge water filled melon.

He placed it down when Appa snatched it.

Momo was quick to protest and snatched it away until Appa could eat it. He carried the melon to Aang who chucked the melon high into the air cutting a bit off for Momo.

I 'watched' as Momo's piece landed in front of him and Appa was quick to eat the biggest majority of the melon.

Momo protested with an angry chatter.

"Come on Momo, that's fair." Aang sighed, "Appa's got five stomachs!" Aang pointed out.

My eyebrows raised in suprise, five stomachs! Huh, good to know. I shrugged to myself.

"Alright come on! We've got a lot of traveling to do." I clapped my hands.

Everyone nodded, spare Katara. She still seemed a bit agitated about yesterday.

She's gotta get over herself!

Aang was quick to stop us and Katara kept me back from the cliff.

"Careful, Lyra" she warned me.

I nodded my thanks, but I really didn't need help.

"There it is guys- The Great Divide!" Aang said with awe.

Katara looked over the cliffs in amazement,

My eyebrows raised.

"Wow. I could just stare at it forever!" Katara gasped.

"Ok. I've seen enough." Sokka said with about as much amazement as a pile of mud.

"Woww, it's incredible. It's almost like a huge pile of rocks!" I said in fake amazement. My mood was swinging like a pendulum and my stomach was tight and painful with moon cramps.

And before you ask no you can't bend the gross stuff out. It's like pulling off a piece of skin and accidentally pulling off another layer.

"I get how Lyra can't be amazed. But, how can you not be fascinated, Sokka? This is the largest canyon in the entire world!" Katara said, ignoring my sarcastic comment.

"Then I'm sure we'll be able to see it very clearly from the air while we fly away." Sokka said unamused.

I saw a guy coming, maybe he'd scare Sokka, that'd be funny. I needed a good laugh.

"Hey!" Called the guy "if you're looking for the canyon guy, I was here first!"

Cue Sokka's surprised squeaks.

I snorted and bit my lip,

"What's so funny, Miss Ugly Face?" The guy asked me pointedly.

My eyebrows raised in a smirk,

"Oh, we're talking about ugly? Where's your parents? Maybe they can tell you where to get a life." I smirked.

That felt good.

He fumed unable to form a quick response but turned the subject back,

"Ooh, canyon guide. Sounds informative." Katara thought aloud.

"Believe me, he's more than a tour guide. He's an earthbender, and the only way in and out of the canyon is with his help, and he's taking my tribe next." The man said.

He had begun to sound more like a babbling, angry toddler to me, than anything.

Well, fun conversation. But, that's a no for me.

___

Sooooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Stay safe and healthy, and have a great day! Until next time my Bookworms I'll see y'all in the next one!
-Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 178 29
"You love him, don't you? I see the way you look at him. It's like he's your whole world. I can't possibly blame you for falling in love with someone...
3.3K 69 4
WARNING!!!! The following story contains spoilers of Netflix's new live-action series; "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Read at your own risk. Water ๐Ÿ’ง ...
38K 1.9K 44
Heimat: a place that you can call home; a sense of belongingness, acceptance, safety and connection to homeland A decade has passed after the final b...
441K 11.9K 35
๐Š๐š๐ข๐๐š ๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ˆ๐œ๐ž | ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡: แดกแด€แด›แด‡ส€ โ I only came because I wanted to protect the people of my tribe and my family. โž โœŽ ๐€๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐š๐ซ:...