Trust (A SPM Story)

By JimmySMASH4daWIN

Luigi finds the worst has happened. He's lost the most important thing in his life, and will do anything to g... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 "Familiar"
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 "Trust"
END OF PART 1
Part 2, Chapter 1
Part 2, Chapter 3
Part 2, Chapter 4
Part 2, Chapter 5 "Dreams"
Part 2, Chapter 6 "Dreams Pt. 2"
Part 2, Chapter 7
Part 2, Chapter 8
Part 2, Chapter 9 "Auld Lang Syne"
Part 2, Chapter 10
Part 2, Chapter 11
Part 2, Chapter 12
Part 2, Chapter 13
Part 2, Chapter 14
Part 2, Chapter 15
Part 2, Chapter 16
Part 2, Chapter 17 "Broken"
Part 2, Chapter 18 "Fixed"
Part 2, Chapter 19 "Epilogue Pt. 1"
Part 2, Chapter 19 "Epilogue Final"
End Credits

Part 2, Chapter 2

66 6 10
By JimmySMASH4daWIN

Mr. L POV

I returned the money, then went home to get some rest. I lived in a tiny little apartment because that's all I could really afford. Being a normal person sucks. You have to pay rent, get a job, all this junk. I couldn't even afford to buy parts to make another robot or anything. I could steal some, but I've been being careful about what I steal, since I could get fired if people found out I was a thief.

Anyway, I had to figure out what was up with that girl. She acted like she knew Luigi, and she saw him about a month ago, so we must have gotten separated at the Ultimate Show or something. But... she mentioned a book. A book changing him or something. That couldn't be good. She said she was looking for him and worried about him. I wonder what happened to him.

It doesn't matter. As long as he stays out of my life, I'm fine. I hope that girl doesn't keep bothering me. I want nothing to do with Luigi or Mario, or anyone!

I woke up the next day and made my way over to work. When I arrived, I saw a bunch of....toads. There was a female, shoving a wanted poster in Val's face. I could see tears in her eyes. What the heck?  She wasn't getting arrested, was she? I quickly ran in.

"Hey, whoa, what's going on here? Leave her alone!" I called. A female toad turned to me, then shouted, "THERE HE IS, GET HIM!"

I cocked my head to the side, when about five toads tackled me to the ground and started tying my wrists behind my back. Val looked at me, shock and fear in her eyes. "L, L! They're saying you're a criminal! Tell them they must be mistaken!" She cried. 

I squirmed. "Don't call me L, and hey! Unhand me! I have no quarrel with you!"

The female toad snapped her fingers. "Gag him." Suddenly, a toad stuffed a gag into my mouth. Val covered her mouth in shock. "W-What are you doing to him! He's not some master criminal! Let him go!"

The female toad crossed her arms. "Sorry Ma'am. But we received a call saying that the unstable plumber was spotted here. You clearly don't know your friend at all. We're taking him in."

I squirmed. Unstable plumber?? What the heck was happening. I saw Val grab the toad's arm. "I can't just let you take him! He's innocent!" 

Unstable plumber. They couldn't mean-

"He's been at the top of our wanted list for years. He's anything but innocent. Now, boys, let's go. We've got to bring the Man in Green back to the Mushroom Kingdom."

No! They couldn't take me there! I spat the gag out. "Hey! You're not taking me anywhere!"

I heard the toad laugh. "Oh ho, feisty. I'm not letting you get away this time. I'm going to take pleasure in finally turning you in." I snarled as two toads picked me up by the shoulders and started dragging me away. I began frantically kicking my legs. This could not be happening. "Whoa! Hey now, you've got the wrong guy!"

I was dragged away. "NO! STOP! UNHAND ME YOU FIENDS! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE DEALING WITH?"

My hands started glowing green. I could probably take all these guys down, even though it had been so long since I used my thunderhand.

The female toad nodded her head. "Yes. We know exactly who we're dealing with." She pulled out a strange taser looking device. "Now, this taser was designed for your friend, but I found it to be very effective for knocking out regular people as well." My eyes went wide as she approached me. Did she say it was designed for my 'friend'? What friend? What was even happening?

If my hands weren't tied behind my back, I could easily get out of this, but there was no escape. Two toads held me tightly as the girl thrust the taser into my stomach. 

"I know I'm technically not allowed to hurt you, but don't worry. Nobody needs to know."

"GRAMBI, THAT'S HURTS!" I cried, as my vision began to blur.

"Huh...he's still conscious. I'm gonna hit him again." 

I felt another wave of pain, then everything went black.

Daisy POV

I slept on the ground just outside of town. I gotten myself a couple mushrooms and stuff, so I was good on food for now.  

Now to find Luigi. I saw him around that shop I robbed yesterday, so that's where I'll start my search.

But when I got there, he wasn't there. There was only a crying woman. Strange. I approached her. Maybe she knew something about where he was.

"Umm, hello Miss. Are you alright?" I asked her. She looked to be about a year younger than me. She rubbed her eyes. "T-They took him away. For no reason!" I cocked my head to the side. "Who?" She sniffed. "My friend. Well, I'm not sure if we're actually friends or not. He doesn't really do friends. But they took him away!"

Okay....so something clearly just happened. "Oh, I'm so sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. Are you here to buy something. I can help you at the register," she said through sniffs. I shook my head. "Actually, I just wanted to ask you if you knew anyone by the name Luigi."

She shook her head. "I-I'm sorry. I don't know anyone with that name."

"Are you sure. I thought I saw him here last night." She shook her head. "I can't recall anyone with that name. I'm sorry."

I could see tears falling down her face. She seemed very upset. I tried comforting her. "Hey, hey, it's going to be okay. If your friend was innocent, then I'm sure they'll bring him back."

She rubbed her nose. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be sharing my problems with you. Is that all you needed to know?" I nodded. "Yes. That's all the information I needed. Thank you."

With that, I turned around and left. Great. Luigi was nowhere to be seen. 

I made my way behind the building and sat down. I looked at my sword.

"OW! Your stupid sword keeps poking me!"

Dimentio's voice played in my head. I smiled at the memory as I felt tears coming to my eyes.

Oh, Grambi, I missed him. I didn't think I'd miss that clown boy this much.

But he was never coming back. He was gone, and I didn't even get to say goodbye. And now, I had no idea where Luigi was yet again. How could he just disappear so quickly??

If I had known what would happen, I wouldn't have helped them. I wouldn't have handed them those stupid scrolls, gotten that stupid key, any of it. 

But then again, those years I spent with them, all those moments, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Oh, what I would give to hear one of Dimentio's ridiculous similes again.

But at least I could maybe see Luigi again. I know he's out there, somewhere. And I'm going to find him.

Mr. L POV

I opened my eyes to see marble floor. I looked around. "Heh, this place is fancy." I muttered. There were still two toads, one on each side of me, holding me. My wrists were still tied around my back, and everything hurt. The female toad stood in front of me. "Hey! Where did you take me!" I called to her. She quickly turned around and faced me. "Oh, good, he's awake. The princess should be here any minute. She wants to talk with you."

My eyes went wide. "Wait, a princess. Where are we? I don't owe you guys anything! Why did you take me??" The toad just laughed. "You're in Princess Peach's castle. Now, before you go in and talk to the Princess, I need to ask you a few questions myself."

She stepped towards me. "Where is your partner?"

I raised an eyebrow. "My partner?" She nodded. "Yes, and don't play dumb."

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about." 

I could tell she was beginning to get annoyed. She grabbed my collar and pulled me close. "Listen here, don't play dumb. Just tell us where your friend is. It's a simple task." I scoffed. "I don't know who this 'friend' you're referring to is. I have no friends."

Unless....that girl said she knew Luigi. Maybe that was who this toad was referring to. "Unless, you're referring to that girl." The toad shook her head. "No. Not the girl. We don't care about her. The clown. Where is the clown??"

My eyes went wide. "C-Clown?"

The doors opened, causing the toad to turn around. She clenched her fists. "The princess will see you now, but this conversation isn't over. You WILL tell me where your friend is hiding. I will find him, and he'll be sent back to the Underwhere, where he belongs."

She snapped her fingers, and the two toads dragged me into the next room.

I was set down, facing the Frilly Pink Princess. The toads still held onto me tight, so I couldn't move.

"Ah, I remember you, Dearest Princess." I said. She gave me a concerned look. "Luigi, what are you doing? Where have you been?" 

Wow. Rude. "How many times must I say it, I'm not Luigi." She shook her head. "Luigi, I've been trying to get ahold of you for years. Please, I want to help you!" 

Oh My Grambi, I literally just said that I wasn't Luigi. "Are you deaf? I. Am. Not. Luigi." She held her arm out. "Oh, you must be so confused. Listen, I know losing your brother was hard, but this isn't you. Luigi, you went to the Underwhere and released a criminal! I can help you. Just let me!" 

Um, what? I must have misheard that. "I'm sorry, Luigi did what now?"

Princess Peach covered her mouth. "And now you're pretending to be Mr. L. Luigi, he must be manipulating you. Look what he's done to you!"

Another realization hit me. "Wait a minute.....did you say 'losing your brother'?" She nodded. "Yes. I know it was hard, but please. I can help."

Wow, what a day this was. I find out Luigi's his own person, I get arrested in his place, I find out that he's broken someone out of the Underwhere, and Mario's gone! Just....wow.

I shrugged. "Well, hate to break it to you Ms. PinkAndFrilly, but I'm not Luigi. And I don't need your help."

She sighed. "Luigi, then you leave me no choice."

She snapped her fingers and more toads came running in. "Take him to the dungeons. He's not well. He needs some time before we can let him go." 

My eyes went wide. "THE DUNGEONS?? I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG! I'M INNOCENT! UNHAND ME!"

I could see her sigh as I was dragged out of the room, kicking and screaming.

"YOU'VE GOT THE WRONG GUY!" I cried. This couldn't be happening.

They took me all the way down to the dungeons and violently threw me into a cell.

Oh, Grambi, the ground was cold. They undid my wrists, and slammed the door shut. The female toad stepped forward. "I'll be back, and when I return, you WILL tell me where your friend is. Oh, and be nice to your new cellmate. No trouble, or else."

What? Cellmate?

"L-Luigi?" Came a small voice. I turned around to see a tall, skinny teenager staring at me.

"Luigi, Oh My Grambi, it's you." He said through tears.

I cocked my head to the side. "Uhh, and you are?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 1.6K 12
Mario and Luigi are starting a business called "The Plumber Brothers." They even had a little sister name Y/N that dreams of becoming a dancer, but t...
9.5K 384 28
(Y/N) is a long time friend of the Mario Brothers for as long as he can remember, almost like he was the 3rd brother, but there is one thing that is...
512 19 10
Mr. L and Flamethrower, the city's heroes, face off against two new foes. With hopes to keep their superhero lives separate from there civilian lives...
63K 2.2K 39
Luigi and Mario were simply going to do a simple job: set up a factory's plumbing system, get paid, and go home. What happened next was unimaginable...