The Daughter of the Moon Volu...

By Mitsunea

And here, for the followers, is the continuation of Elenwë's adventures 😉 After learning who she was, surviv... More

Chapter 1 : Where we talk about trees
Chapter 2 : The Battle of the Pelennor Fields
Chapter 3 : Loss
Chapter 4 : Farewell
Chapter 5 : Where despair turns to hope
Chapter 6 : Saved! But... at what cost?
Chapter 7 : Horror and comfort
Chapter 8 : Is it a dream?
Chapter 9 : Awake
Chapter 10 : Homecoming
Chapter 11 : Eowyn
Chapter 12 : Voice
Chapter 13 : Travel
Chapter 14 : The Black Gate
Chapter 15 : The futility of talks
Chapter 16 : At the heart of the conflict
Chapter 17 : The pathways of Time
Chapter 18 : Return
Chapter 19 : Stopover
Chapter 20 : Back to Minas Tirith
Chapter 21 : Resting and waking up Sam
Chapter 23 : The king of Minas Tirith
Chapter 24 : The end of the Community
Chapter 25 : Eryn Lasgalen, enchanted forest
Chapter 26 : Family, a precious asset
Chapter 27 : Official announcements and revelations
Chapter 28 : Fights and explanations
Chapter 29 : Preparations

Chapter 22 : Reunited

79 2 0
By Mitsunea

They all listened attentively as the blond hobbit told them of their journey through the dark lands of Mordor. He told them about the passage through the stairs. Sam told of Gollum's plan to oust him. A plan that had finally failed, just in time. The hobbit was able to reach Frodo and take the ring from what he thought was his friend's corpse.

Then he told how, listening to the conversation, he had realised that Frodo was alive. He then followed the group of orcs, freed Frodo and they disguised themselves to make it easier to get through. He then describes their arrival at Mount Doom, the final battle between Gollum and Frodo. The fall of the creature that took the ring with it. The volcano had begun to rumble. Streams of lava flowed, surging from the volcanic rock.

The two hobbits had thought their end was near, and Sam could not remember anything from the moment he felt himself faint.

Elenwë had congratulated Sam on his courage and loyalty before telling him:

- If you want to visit the White City, you should ask your fellow hobbits, they would be delighted.

- And Frodo? he asked thoughtfully.

- Frodo is safe," Mithrandir murmured, putting a hand on his shoulder. He'll wake up soon.

Sam smiled broadly and a few tears welled up in his eyes.

- Thank God.

Slowly, everyone left Sam's room and Legolas left with Gimli, who had to talk to him about something. When Elenwë came out, she saw Aragorn, silent, not far from there. She went towards him.

- Mellon nin.. You are very quiet.

He looked into Elenwë's grey eyes and sighed.

- My coronation is fast approaching.

- Does that frighten you?

- A little. murmured the descendant of Isildur.

Elenwë smiled as she took her friend's hand.

- Do not be afraid. You will be an exceptional king, I know it.

The old Ranger smiled and thanked the elf with his eyes, who decided to go for a walk with Ebene.

"Hello my beautiful she-wolf!" She transmitted to him as soon as she reached the main gate of the city.

"Elenwë. I have something to show you. Get in!"

Tilion's daughter wondered what it was about and climbed on the wolf's back. The latter travelled for a few moments at the speed of light rays. When the scene finally froze, they were in the middle of a forest, not far from a clearing.

"It's here."

Ebene gently nudged Elenwë with the tip of her muzzle and the elleth entered the clearing, discovering a long translucent crystal coffin.

The elf, understanding almost immediately, walked slowly towards the tomb. She had not been mistaken. There, under the crystal, a beautiful elf lay sleeping her last sleep.

Her long jet-black hair surrounded a thin, pale face. Her features were delicate and her attire sumptuous. She looked like Elenwë. Or rather. Elenwë looked like her, since this elf was her mother.

With emotion, the half-Maia placed her hand on the coffin, praying in the silence of the forest.

After a long moment, she whispered to Ebene:

- Where are we?

- Southeast of Fangorn.

- So this is where my mother died.

Elenwë felt the she-wolf put her head gently against her arm. She smiled and whispered:

- We should go back.

She climbed back on her back and soon they were back in Minas Tirith.

Elenwë waved to the she-wolf, who left, and the elleth saw her brothers on the ramparts.

She climbed up the Serpentine and came to them.

- Elladan, Elrohir. How are you?

They smiled at her.

- Where have you been nethig? Elladan asked.

- I went for a walk and you?

- We stayed here and helped with the work during the day. Elrohir replied.

- Oh... I... Maybe I should have stayed and helped a bit too. I hadn't thought of that.

- But no, don't worry, we managed just fine without you!

Elenwë smiled, embarrassed.

- Oh, you'll never guess what you missed! Elladan said cheerfully.

- No, tell me, what happened?

- Faramir... began Elrohir.

- Asked... Elladan continued.

- Eowyn's hand! they said together, smiling.

Elenwë then felt a smug smile appear on her lips.

- Did she accept?

- Yes! replied a voice behind them.

They turned and saw Mithrandir emerge from behind a column.

The old white mage laughed softly before saying:

- A friend is here for you!

He stepped back and Elenwë saw long, wheat-blond hair.

- Haldir!

She jumped on his neck and he tightened his arms around her.

- I am so happy to see you again! How is your leg?

- Wonderful!" he replied, smiling. I had an excellent nurse! I mean. An excellent nurse.

- Who is it? Elenwë asked gently.

- Do you remember Mauwën? Well, that is she.

The elleth and her brothers smiled slightly and Haldir blushed a little.

- Well..." he murmured. Shall we go and eat? I'm dying!

Stopping suddenly, he saw the ring on Elenwë's finger.

- Elenwë? What? he said, pointing to the engagement ring.

She blushed and whispered:

- Ah, it's true you didn't know. Well... Legolas and I are engaged.

The guardian of the Lorién smiled as he took the sheth in his arms.

- Oh dear... the little terror has grown up... I don't recognize her anymore!

Laughing, the twins, Haldir, Elenwë and Gandalf went to the dining room.

Aragorn told them that the coronation would take place a week later.

Tillion's daughter smiled at her fiancé, who sat next to her at the meal.

As the talk began to die down, Legolas smiled and whispered to her:

- Perhaps you should go to bed?

She looked up at him.

- Why should I? I am not tired.

He slid his hand under the table, brushing her thigh and gently taking her hand. Elenwë shuddered and the son of Thranduil leaned into her ear and whispered:

- It is not true. I know, you cannot hide anything from me, melleth. You are exhausted, but you are putting on a brave face, even though for the past two hours you have been struggling to keep up with the conversations.

The elleth looked down at her knees and answered:

- But... I wanted to wait until after dinner to spend some time with you.

As she said this, she blushed softly and Legolas found her just adorable.

He smiled broadly.

- He smiled broadly. But there's no reason why we can't both leave the table.

Elenwë's face turned a real peony red as a smile appeared on her lips.

The elf prince stood up and extended his hand to his fiancée to lift her up.

- We wish you all a good night, may Elbereth watch over your sleep.

Then he turned his back on everyone, taking Elenwë with him.

They walked for a while in the deserted corridors of the palace, hand in hand. She really appreciated this contact, which she found reassuring.

- I saw... My mother today.

- Your mother?

- Anselm.

There was a brief silence and she continued:

- The coffin Manwë made for her is beautiful.

Legolas did not know what to say and clutched his fiancée's hand tighter.

When they arrived at the sheth's chambers, Legolas leaned over and kissed her gently.

- Amin. Mela le, Elenwë.

She smiled as she pressed her lips tenderly to his. Time stood still and they breathed softly, in rhythm with each other. But it was late, and Legolas finally stepped back and whispered:

- What a resta.. Melleth.

- Quel resta, Legolas.

He walked away into the darkness and she entered her chambers, sighing softly. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 4.2K 23
Aearel just found out that Elrond, Lord of Rivendell, is not her real father. He has kept her safe all her life from the truth behind her parents dep...
106K 3.9K 44
❝There's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.❞ - Samwise Gamgee After Erebor was reclaimed Athena reu...
290K 8K 36
Farren and her brother Aragorn have wandered Middle Earth for the best part of a century, however with the discovery of the One Ring Farren is thrown...
6.7K 388 18
COMPLETE! Book one in the 'A Face in the Crowd' trilogy, a LOTR fanfic. In the final days of the War of the Ring, meet Keren, a healer of Minas Tirit...