A New York City Dream ~ Eliza...

By grw255nyc

Y/N is just a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. One day she esc... More

Parks and Strangers
Nicknames & Hobbies
Texts & Obsessions
Secrets & Escapes
City Lights & Subways
Students & Sisters
Air Matressess & Iron Man
Waffles & Dancing
Breaks & Sweatshirts
Music & Groceries
Dancing & Chicken
Math & Spam Messages
Cleaning & Shopping Bags
Vessel Views & Subway Talks
Gym & Jim
Poetry & Picnics
Teasing & Selfies
Fights & Rumors
Morning Snuggles & Rooftops
Confessions & Kisses
Morning Kisses & Conversation
Boats & Bikes
Plans & Rules
Outfits & Hips
Confidence & The Interview
Dinner Plans & Moodiness
Laundry & Insecurities
Grinding & Drinks
Hangovers & Serenading
Playlists & Breaking the Rules
Turtles & Lists
Emotions & Solutions
Comfort Show & Hickeys
Avengers & Chocolate Cake
Buttons & Tongues
Fingers & Strawberries
Adoration & Showering
Love & Roof Fun
Flight & FaceTime
Tattoos & Chaos
Flowers & Tension
Wrists & Dimples
Mom & Little Italy
Presents & Promises
Apartments & Movie Marathons
Mood Swings & Massages
Articles & Fallon
TSA & Flight Naps
Exploration & Bath Time
Recap & Soulmates
Stonghenge & Dinner
Fight & Flight
Home & Reassurance
Week 1: Soho & Shopping
Week 2: Transitions & Movie Night
Week 3: Museum & Memories
Week 4: Olsens & Approval
Week 5: Tattoos & Packing
Dreams & Reality
Author's Note

Magical Fingers & Realizations

24.2K 592 494
By grw255nyc

Y/N POV
I wake up before Lizzie on Sunday morning and decide I'm going to make breakfast for us. I only know how to make waffles so I guess that will have to do. I'm humming along to Hozier's Like Real People Do while waiting on the waffles to be done when a soft "Baby?" comes from my bedroom. I walk over to the doorway and smile at Lizzie's adorable confused face.

"Hey babe," I reply and her eyes find me in the doorway once she realizes her search for my body with her arm around my bed isn't going to succeed. She pouts.

"Come back to bed, I want to cuddle." She slightly whines. I sit on the edge of the bed and lean down to kiss her forehead and peck her lips before standing back up. Her arms flail to try to catch me before I get up and she huffs in frustration.

"I'm making breakfast in bed for you, it's almost done, I'll be right back." She lets out a quiet fine and grumbles rolling over to snuggle into my sheets.

I plate up some waffles continuing to hum the same song that's stuck in my head. I bring her plate to her and pat her thigh prompting her to sit up. She hums out a thank you and starts eating, a soft moan escapes her lips and I smirk.

"These are good, what did you put in them?" She asks.

"It's a secret." I grin and she rolls her eyes.

"What's that song you were humming?" She inquires, tilting her head in curiosity.

I swallow my bite of waffle before answering, "Like Real People Do, by Hozier." I reply.

"Play it for me?" She requests and I find my phone. She shakes her head softly taking it from me. I look at her in confusion. "No, you play it. On your guitar." She clarifies.

"Oh, I don't know. It's not one I'm good at playing." I reply, stuffing my face with waffles. She lets me swallow before replying.

"Please baby? It doesn't have to be perfect. I want to hear your version. You get so passionate when you play and I love it." I swallow at the word love and sigh in defeat. She asked so nicely so I set my plate down and pick up my guitar tuning it. (Play video)

I start plucking the strings trying my best and focus on my fingers so I don't mess up. I know the melody and words by heart at this point, loving the song with my whole heart so the singing comes naturally. It's a little messy but I scrunch my eyebrows in concentration, closing my eyes here and there at lyrics I love. I'm in my own little world when I play, so focused on the song which is good because if I looked at Lizzie I'd probably screw up. I smile at the lyric Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips We should just kiss like real people do also loving the melody escaping my mouth. As the song comes to an end I slowly peek up at Lizzie, momentarily afraid of her reaction.

"Wow," Lizzie breathes out, "It's such a simple sweet song, what is it about?" She questions tilting her head and taking her last bite of waffle,

"It's about a northern Irish bog and I think he said something about somebody digging up somebody up from the earth and falling in love with them," I explain what I remember from my research. She hums in response still studying me. I smirk

"I knew that look dear, eyes always seeking" I sing softly, pointing out her always curious eyes. She smiles and blushes.

"I love that song, and I love your version." She compliments. I blush and whisper out a thank you as I put the guitar away. "Now I know why your fingers are so skilled." She teases and I choke on the milk I was drinking once I sat back down. She giggles at my reaction as I try to compose myself.

"I'm not the one with actual magical fingers babe." I tease back and she rolls her eyes. I grab her hand and kiss her knuckles before setting her palm on my cheek loving the feel of her touch. Our eyes connect and she smiles as her thumb rubs my cheekbone. She goes to say something but stops herself. "What's up?"

She shakes her head softly, "Nothing, it's nothing. Um, want to go for a walk?" She deflects, taking our plates to the sink to wash them. I furrow my eyebrows, she's not one to hide something from me, so I shrug it off deciding if it was important she would tell me.

"Sure, I'll get dressed" I change into some shorts and a simple t-shirt, finding my sunglasses and putting on a baseball cap. Lizzie gets dressed to and I watch her while laying on my bed. She looks like she's off in her own world so I don't say anything. I watch as she rubs at her eyebrow, a telltale sign she's thinking hard about something before she sets one of my hats backward on her head. It looks adorable and I can't help but smile. She looks over at me and smiles back. "You look cute" I compliment.

"Thank you, baby," she replies pecking my lips. She pulls me up and I grab my keys following her out of the building. It was a nice walk around the block while we listen to the music in the AirPods we share. She swings our hands between us and playfully skips around making me laugh. I pull her close to me, pulling the same move I did on the Brooklyn Bridge, wrapping my arm around her shoulder but keeping our hands together. She smiles up at me and I lean down giving her a short kiss. Whatever was bothering her seems to be old news, her bubbly attitude back and it makes me smile. We make our way to my apartment and she answers a call from someone on her team. I make lunch while she talks in my bedroom.

I only hear bits and pieces on the conversation but it seems like Lizzie's stress is back. She eventually hangs up after a short goodbye and sighs. She comes up behind me to hug around my stomach and rests her forehead between my shoulder blades.

"You okay, Angel?" I check-in.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just have to go to LA this weekend to take care of some things." She explains.

I nod, "Okay, that's fine. My moms coming to visit this weekend, she may be sad that she won't meet you but she'll get over it." I explain and she freezes.

"Wait, your mom is coming this weekend?" She clarifies.

"Uh yeah?" I respond confused. She grabs my hips turning me to face her and makes intense eye contact. She looks slightly frustrated and I'm still confused.

"Your birthday is this weekend?" She clarifies again and I realize. Oh right, I didn't tell her that part, only that my mom is visiting on my birthday.

"Uh yeah, it's Friday. Mom will get here Friday afternoon." I explain. She sighs and rests her forehead on my sternum. I notice the soft 'fuck' she lets out in frustration. I feel bad for not telling sooner. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I honestly forgot I was withholding that information." I try to make her feel better.

"No baby, I'm not mad at you. I'm mad that I won't be here because of this stupid thing. I have to go check on my house and sign some stuff for Sorry for Your Loss. Maybe I can go a little earlier and be back for your birthday" She brainstorms.

"It's okay Lizzie, it's not a big deal." I try to make it easy on her, it really isn't a big deal. She can always meet my mom another time.

"No, but it is, I want to celebrate your birthday with you and meet your mom."

"It's not that important," I shrug and she glares up at me. Oh shit.

"Yes, it is. It's your fucking birthday and what kind of girlfriend would I be if I leave on your birthday. And I want to meet your mom. It's an important step and she's expecting to meet me." She explains and I'm surprised by her determination.

"Oh, um, okay. I just, if it's a problem with work I get it, that's all." I shrug my eyes avoiding hers.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to take out my frustration on you. I got so used to our little bubble that the idea of having to leave put me on edge. And you being a little shit not telling me about your birthday only mildly upset me." She teases trying to lighten the mood. I nod and think about how our bubble isn't going to last forever. She's going to have to leave in the fall for Sorry for Your Loss, she'll have press for Dr. Strange this year and maybe more filming for Marvel. The thought of not having her here with me for longer than a few months makes my stomach drop and I feel sick.

"Hey, whoa, what happened. What's wrong?" She notices the change in mood.

"I um, I just uh. I guess I just realized you can't stay here forever. You have shit to do. a house in LA, and I have a job and. And eventually, we won't be together every day and I. I um. I don't know what to do with that." I stumble over my words feeling the emotions bubbling up, tears forming in my eyes.

"Y/N, hey, look at me." She places her hands on my cheeks forcing eye contact. "I know it seems like a lot, and me having to leave for a few days definitely reminded us that this isn't going to be a normal thing forever. But, that doesn't mean I won't want to be with you while we have time physically apart. I'll visit as much as I can, and I can fly you out to me when you have time off. We can make it work. That's something we can figure out in a few months okay?"

"I don't want you to leave, I. I want you here." I sigh realizing I'm not going to get what I want.

"Trust me, if that was an option, I'd never leave you. I, uh. I adore you, and I want to make the most of this time together okay?" I notice she stumbles over her words and I try to calm myself down huffing out a breath. I nod, not being able to formulate words, my mind still racing. "Let's take a bubble bath, those always make me feel better." She suggests. I nod and furrow my eyebrows when she pushes at my bottom lip. "You were pouting." She whispers and I nod in understanding. "Can you say anything baby? Just so I know you're okay?" She requests.

I sigh, looking into her eyes. The three words that I want to say bubble at the tip of my tongue but I swallow them back. "I'm okay," I whisper. She smiles sadly at me and pulls me to the bathroom, sitting me down on the toilet while she fills the tub. I let her undress me, only mildly helping while I'm in some sort of daze. She holds my hands and leads me into the tub helping me in. She leaves the bathroom and I pout not wanting her that far away. She walks back in with my speaker and notices the look on my face. She quickly sets up the music and gets undressed to join me and I pull her close as she sits between my legs. I kiss her shoulder a couple of times before snuggling my face into her neck inhaling her unique scent. I never want this to end.

______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N Kind of a heavy chapter for the lovebirds. Hope y'all are okay. Y'all are endgame don't worry! Just might be a little complicated. Probably one more chapter coming tonight, then more tomorrow :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 261 17
After getting a phone call from her cousin, Y/N, is offered an assistant job to an A-Lister Celebrity. Although it's not her dream to be an assistan...
788K 21.3K 61
Y/N is far from a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. She's a twenty something year old engaged to Elizab...
665K 19.3K 109
Elizabeth Olsen x Fem Reader Y/n is a senior NYFA film student in LA, with past's demons that still haunting her life; while Elizabeth grapples with...
100K 3.6K 26
Story is about Elizabeth olsen, the woman who is amazing and talented but doesn't know what real love is, she thinks that her relationship Is good an...