Voices ☽ Teen Wolf {Book 1}

By TamiaDemarest

When Lea Martin, Lydia Martin's adoptive sister, begins to hear voices in her head, she finds it hard to con... More

Prologue
one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
Sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forth one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven

three

266 7 7
By TamiaDemarest

Voices

➳➳➳➳➳

"I DON'T KNOW, Lydia. I just remember cleaning the house, getting ready for bed and going into bed and falling asleep. The next thing I know is...I'm in the middle of the woods. Alone." I explain the previous nights events. I had a feeling that I shouldn't mention the creepy creature that stalked me, as she would probably call me crazy and say it was all a dream.

"I know you're a sleep walker, but I didn't know it was that severe." Lydia says.

"Should we tell Natalie?" I ask. Lydia let's out a sigh and she shakes her head.

"I wouldn't tell her. Not until it gets worse." Lydia says. I furrow my brows and stared at her.

"Uh, Lydia. It's already gotten worse. Yeah, it's one thing if I'm sleepwalking around the house. But the woods?"

"Look, Mom already has a lot on her plate. The divorce? We don't need to add your severity of sleepwalking to the list." She says.

"If it avoids me getting hurt, I'm sure she wouldn't mind." I suggest.

"Just...don't eat cheese, chocolate or anything before you go to bed." Lydia suggests. I frown at the sudden tip. I know how smart Lydia is, and I know when Lydia is being a complete idiot and a fake around Jackson. Yeah, Lydia is very smart, like, smart. But when she's around Jackson, she acts totally clueless. It's annoying.

"What? I read." Lydia nods. We get to our lockers and exchange the books for the appropriate class- math. Two lacrosse players pass by and I couldn't help but tune in their conversation.

"I don't know. He's not playing the game tomorrow."

"McCall? He's good. Maybe even the greatest, we need McCall tomorrow." Danny says. The players pass by and I turn to Lydia.

"Lydia. Scott McCall. Allison's...boyfriend...he's not playing the game tomorrow." I say.

"Yes, he is." Lydia frowns.

"He's not. Danny just said he isn't playing." I argue. Lydia scoffs and slams her locker door. We walk into math class and take our seats. The teacher begins class and he volunteers three students, me, Lydia and Scott.

Lydia and I stood next to Scott as we solved the presented equations on the blackboard. I stood frozen with the chalk marker in my hand, staring at the equation. I found myself breathing heavy, trying to figure out how to solve the damn thing. I was on the verge of an anxiety attack when I hear Lydia's voice, completely distracting me.

"Why is there a rumor going around that you're not playing tomorrow?" Lydia asks Scott.

"'Cause I'm sort of not." Scott says.

"I think you sort of are." Lydia snarks. "Especially when you brutally injure my boyfriend by ramming into him." She frowns.

"He brutally injured himself by ramming into me." Scott argues.

"Jackson's gonna play tomorrow. But he's not gonna be his peak, and I prefer my boyfriend at peak performance." Lydia says.

"Okay." Scott rolls his eyes.

"I date the captain of the winning lacrosse team, and if they start off the season losing, I date the captain of the losing lacrosse team. I don't date losers." Lydia argues.

"Losing one game isn't gonna kill anyone!" Scott growls. "In fact, it might even save someone." He utters. I pick up on his words and I found myself curious by what he meant. Was it a threat? Was it a warning? What did he mean?

"Fine!" Lydia exclaims. "Dont play. We'll probably win anyway. Then we'll go out after, like we were planning- and I'll introduce Allison to all the hot players on the team. And Scott McCall can stay at home, surfing the net for porn." Lydia slams the chalk down and turns away, smiling at the teacher. She stops and turns to me.

"X equals 5." She says. I quickly wrote the answer down and placed the chalk marker down. Lydia walks back to her seat and I look at Scott.

"Mr. McCall, you're not even close to solving your problem." The teacher sighs disappointingly.

"Tell me about it." Scott utters. Before I was able to stop myself, I hear my own voice speaking out.

"Sorry, Scott. Lydia can be...a jerk sometimes." I say. "Uh...I know I may sound like I'm making excuses for her, but, she's just...hard on people. She's got reasons I'm sure." I utter. Scott's eyes widen a bit and he shakes his head.

"It-It's okay." He says. "You're Lea, right? Lydia's adopted sister?" I drop my head and nod. "Sorry, Stiles told me about you. He, uh, he really likes you." I fall  confused at his news.

"He doesn't know me." I frown.

"Not-Not like that. He doesn't like you. I-I mean he likes you, but he doesn't like you, like you. He likes you as a friend, you know? He says you're a good friend." He chuckles. A smile forms across my face and I nod my head.

"Yeah, he's really cool." I say. "Tell him I said hi." I chuckle.

"Okay." He smiles back. We finally part ways and make no further conversation for the rest of class time.

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳
Lydia and I make our way from the parking lot to the lacrosse field. Students and parents take their seats in the bleachers, watching the players prepare themselves for the game.

"Scott!" Lydia shouts. I continue walking and spot Allison in the stands. Allison waves and I smile, heading over to her.

"Lea!" I turn my head and see the familiar buzzed cut haired boy.

"Stiles, hi." I greet. He approached my small figure in lacrosse gear and jersey. His number being 24. "Wow! You're on the team?" I ask.

"Yeah!" He chuckles. "I-I didn't know you were coming or even into these things." He chuckles.

"Oh, Lydia wanted to come and support the team." I explain.

"You mean Jackson? Support Jackson?" He chuckles. "I know their dating so I figured she'd only come to the games for him and him only." He shrugs.

"Yeah. Right." I chuckle. "We're close, Lydia and I. Anywhere she goes, I go." My eyes widen at my words and I shake my head. "N-Not everywhere, everywhere. You know, not the bathroom. We like alone time for ourselves. I, uh, I'm making myself look more and more like an idiot..." I sigh.

"I totally get it." Chuckles Stiles. "It's almost the same for Scott and I. We're best friends and have been since we were kids. We're like inseparable." He laughs.

"I'm glad you understand." I chuckle.

"Stilinski!" Coach suddenly shouts. Stiles looks back and clears his throat.

"Well, I'd better go." He says. "I guess...enjoy the game?"

"Thanks." I chuckle. "Kick ass out there." Stiles smiles and nods before turning away and jogs over to Coach. I finally enter the stands and greet Allison.

"Hey!" Allison greets. My eyes lock with the older man sitting next to her. "Uh, Dad, this is Lea, Lydia's sister." I shake hands with Allison's father, both of us smiling.

"Pleased to meet you." I greet.

"Chris Argent." He smiles. "Allison's mentioned you before. Glad you two girls are her friends." He says.

"I'm glad I have a friend other than my sister." I chuckle. The whistle suddenly blows and the stand cheers as the players run out to the field. The players begin playing and the girls and I noticed something off already. Scott wasn't getting much ball time. We all knew Scott was good at lacrosse, maybe even great. So why wasn't he getting any ball time? Scott's almost like the quarter back of the team, but yet, he isn't doing anything.

"Which one is Scott again?" Chris asks.

"Number 11. Otherwise known as the only one who hasn't caught a single ball this entire game." Lydia scoffs.

"I hope he's okay." Allison utters.

"Maybe he's just nervous? It's his first game. Players can be nervous, right?" I comfort Allison.

"I hope we're okay. We need to win this." Lydia says. She suddenly stands up and holds up the homemade sign for Jackson. "Uh, Allison. Little help here?" Allison hesitated before standing up and holds the sign up with Lydia. I look out to the field and see Scott, seeing his girlfriend-whatever the hell these two love birds are- holding a sign for the wrong player. I noticed Stiles breaking his neck to turn to them and his face drops. Yikes.

"Down! Set!" The referee blows the whistle and Scott snatched the ball. Repeatedly, Scott finally has ball time. Allison and I cheered him on, feeling excited and happy. The team seemed happy and excited for their player, celebrating each time Scott made a goal. Everyone except for Jackson.

"Set!" The ref blows the whistle again and the opposing player searches for a teammate to pass the ball. He makes eye contact with Scott and he throws the ball over to him. Scott turns away and runs off.

"Uh...did the player just-"

"We're not gonna question it." Allison shakes her head, causing me to laugh.

"Down!" The teams set their positions. With only thirty seconds on the clock, the scores are tied. This is the moment where we either make it or break it.

"Set!" The ref blows the whistle and Scott scoops the ball into his basket. He dodges every incoming player and stops at the net, looking around. The goalie prepares himself for Scott to throw the ball, eager and jittery in place.

"You can do it, Scott." Allison utters. Scott turns to the stands before he finally throws the ball. It was as if everything fell into slow motion. The clock ran down to zero and everyone held their breaths as we watched the goalie throw his stick out to catch the ball.

The students run from the stands and onto the field, clashing into the lacrosse team. We all screamed and cheered, celebrating the unbelievable game that just played.

"Hey! Hey! Lea! We won! We freakin won!" Stiles screams. He's quick to disappear and I look around for Scott and Allison. I notice Allison standing still in the middle of chaos, staring out in the distance. That's when I noticed a lacrosse player running off towards the school, the jersey number being 11. It's Scott.

I approach Allison's side, looking at her. "Wouldnt hurt to check on him." I say. Allison smiles lightly and grabs my shoulder before going after him.

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳
I walked silently through the hallway with my books in my hand. Lydia ran into a friend of hers. Knowing Lydia, she talks about Jackson, dates and all with him, I grew tired of it and walked away.

"Attention students, this is your principle." The hallway speakers blare out and the students either paused or continued walking. "I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled." The speakers cut quiet. I find it odd that a literal murder or some sort of animal attack happened on the school property and yet, we're still attending school. But then again, it's Beacon Hills. Beacon Hills is odd for me, I just don't understand it.

I turn the corner and I immediately run into a body, knocking my books out of my hands. I connect eyes with Stiles, which came as a shock to me.

"Oh, god. You scared me, Stiles." I huff out.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention." He chuckles. "Are you okay?" He asks as he bends down and picks up my books for me.

"I'll be fine once my heart starts beating again." I chuckle. Stiles chuckles lightly and hands me my books.

"So. That murder, huh? What do you think happened?" He asks.

"I think an animal did that." I say.

"Yeah? But what animal?" He asks. An idea pops into my head and I wondered how Stiles would take my joke.

"Maybe a werewolf did it." I tease. "After all, it is Beacon Hills. Crazy things happen all the time." I laugh.

"Yeah, maybe- wait what?" His eyes widen and he holds a stare with me.

"Yeah! You know, full moon, blood lust, urge to kill, kills anything in its path. Maybe the bus driver was heading home for the night and the werewolf just happened to cross paths with him." I laugh.

"What do you know? Who told you? What have you heard?" Stiles questions me, more like interrogated me.

"What...do you mean?" I question him.

"You know something, don't you?" He furrows his brows.

"Stiles?"

"Yeah?"

"It was a joke." I utter. Stiles' face turns pale and he forces out a laugh.

"Oh! Ha ha ha! Ha! Ha! Ha. Ha...g-good one, Lea. Good one." He says. He clears his throat and rubs the back of his neck. "Well, we'd better get to class then." He says.

"Well, I-"

"See you later!" He shouts as he runs down the hallway. He leaves me dazed and confused.

"Funny, sweet...kinda crazy." I utter. I shake my head and finally head to class, picking up the pace when the bell rings.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

326K 8.3K 117
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
193K 9.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
51.7K 189 10
As the title says
920K 81.8K 38
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...