Almost Honest

Da honeysympathy

With dreams of chaos and destruction , June Liera is no stranger to getting her own way . Using what she has... Altro

prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
chapter Twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine

Chapter twenty four

29 4 3
Da honeysympathy

Half an hour later and the door to the Liera's household reopened , Leon's grim face still trying to uphold his smile as he hugged Sarah warmly , saying their goodbyes .

It made June scoff at the ridiculousness of it all , watching with narrowed eyes as Sarah , Tyler and lulu all got into the car before pulling out of their driveway .

She felt nothing but a grid of darkness swirling in her chest , chewing on her cheek angrily as she fought to push down the urge to do something that she couldn't reverse the damage of .

Recalling how they had doubted Jett , and even called him a freak making her fists tighten on her lap . Jett was the only reason she hadn't lost her fucking mind and hiked it out of this town already .

He fed her all her favourite food . He showed her how to do new things without being condescending , patiently guiding her until she could do it herself .

Jett wasn't the freak in this town . Everybody else was the problem , everyone was trying to too damn hard to portray the perfect little picture of family , success and everything in between .

Afraid of the cracks in there big modern homes, instead using every vanity tool they could use to disguise it .

Not of it was fooling June . Everybody in this town were afraid of being themselves . Were afraid of being seen as something other than the perfect 'normal ' they had structured in there heads . When not of it even existed or held out as soon as the door clicked shut .

She hated it . There was no such thing as 'normal'.

What was insane to one person was a haven to another .

What was beautiful to one man was fake and ugly to another . There's always two sides to the coin . Man and woman . Vague or a liar . Green and blue . Rich or poor . Bad and good . Heaven or hell.

There was always a painted vision on the other side of the glass , it just depended on which side of the illusion you were viewing it from .

Evil and godliness . The evil man does not think he is evil as he rids the toxic world of sin . He is doing a favour to his community , to his people .

He slays in the name of religion , of peace , of freedom . He kills the rapist because it would be his honour . He sees it as the right thing to do .

A warrant is put out for his arrest because it is wrong . This makes the man angry because this evilness had raped the innocence and light out of a hundred women . Yet he is to be punished because his actions are wrong . He doesn't see it this way .

Two different minds , two different eyes , two different beliefs .

A young girl believes in being herself , even if being herself means being there version of ugly . She finds the ugly to be so soft and warm , they know what's it like to fight for everything that they have .

Her smile and prettiness would not get her out of this mess , she payed for her drink with her own money and felt the satisfaction of earning it . Not because she was beautiful but because she worked hard and was able to reward herself with a treat .

Not because another man found her attractive but because she was in control .

She's rather be ugly than someone who only respected what they thought was beautiful .

Every skin is made to stretch and every mouth is made to smile . So she bared her teeth and snarled because she wanted to . She got to , in the face of the most beautiful woman in the world .

June thought that everyone cared to much about pleasing another who was not made to please anyone but themselves .

She wondered why her father was still trying so hard to fill the gaps of there inherited home so badly .

He seemed to think that if he pretended that everything was okay then it simply would be .

But the longer you ignored a ache the deeper it would sink until you knew nothing but pain .

Till you became angry , so angry that all you wanted to do was ruin everything just like they had ruined it for you .

June wasn't some little kid anymore who was too afraid to open her mouth and tell him no. She wasn't going to sit back and let him change something that had been feeling so good lately .

She didn't want another woman in there house , she didn't want a temporary fake family to look good with . So that her father could brag about how it all came down to his own bidding .

This woman could not become a pretty feature on the wall . She wouldn't allow it .

A clearing of the throat startled her out her invasive thoughts , turning her head to look over at Syd who was looking at her pointedly .

"So you gonna tell me why you wanted me to pick you up and only wear black ?" He wanted to know , eyeing his black jeans and jumper.

"There's another one in the backseat by the way ." He then added . Noticing her looking down at her own denim shorts and shirt .

He looked like a shadow next to her . Fingering the black gloves on his fingers reflexly .

Reaching for the large black sweatshirt over the console , she pulled it over her head before popping her head back through the hole with a sigh .

Eyeing him curiously , wondering just how much she could trust him.

"My dads got this new woman ." She muttered after a moment , frowning deeply .

Picking up her own black gloves from the top.

"Two teenage kids and one of them is fucking mouthy piece of gossiping shit that doesn't know what he's talking about ." She gritted her teeth while shaking her head , still seething from him insulting Jett.

Raising his brow in confusion , Syd carefully nodded his head .

"Right . So what we gonna do then ? I'm guessing they pissed you off and now you want revenge or some shit ?" He guessed .

Starting ng the car as he talked , following behind the car in front of them , leaving a good few meters so it didn't look suspicious .

He had been more than surprised when June texted him to pick her up at the end of her street , being vague in her details when he asked her what it was exactly that she wanted to do.

Judging by the furious look on her face and the tight fists in her lap , he could figure that it was nothing good .

He knew that he should probably have refused and stayed the hell away from whatever mess she wanted to drag him into but syd was bored of his bland  life .

Nothing exciting ever happened here until June arrived and he wanted to feel a thrill of something good , or not good in this cause , just for once .

And who was he to say no to a pretty girl wanting him to be her partner in crime for the night ? The script couldn't write itself after all .

Someone needed to have her back and Syd was more than willing to help .

It was either this or listen to Lennon moon over his new girlfriend or whatever the hell Cora was now.

Smirking , she laughed under her breath while eyeing Sarah's car in contemplation . She hadn't really thought far ahead in her plan , she wasn't really sure what she wanted to do .

She just wanted to relieve this cloud that stormed her chest .

She didn't like her or her fucking weird kids , she wanted to make that clear .

She wasn't welcome in there home . Not by June .

"I don't want to hurt them ." She told Syd quietly, telling half the truth .

Not yet at least .

"Just scare them a little . Put them on edge ." She said .

Working his jaw as he pulled his car up onto the curb behind a large dark tree , obscuring them enough from sight as they watched the tired little family stumble into their home .

The hall light flickering on and the large living room window allowing them to watch as they all climbed up the stairs and into there respective rooms to get ready for bed .

"They must be pretty loaded ." Syd muttered bitterly . Eyeing the large plasma TV and Chesterfield couch he could see .

Comparing it to his own second hand leather couch that was falling apart and faded to an unattractive Grey.

It had been barely black when he bought it for $30 two years ago . They couldn't afford to have a tv and instead had a ratty old computer that they could play dvds in .

This was a luxury he could never afford .

Scoffing , June pursed her lips. "Well at least my father had the sense to pick the bitch with money at least ."

Chuckling lowly as he hummed in agreement .

"That's true . I can't even afford to pay the fucking rent this month . They must have spent at least a grand on that stupid statue too ." He said in disgust.

Nodding towards the lawn where a weird shaped stone was proudly displayed .

"What the hell is that even supposed to be anyway?" He voiced incredulously .

Leaning forward in her seat as she squinted at the imposing figure judgementally .

"A body without legs ? Maybe a wannabe Caesar or something ? I have no fucking clue ." She laughed amused .

Scoffing loudly , he looked over at her with wide eyes.

"That's the problem with these money flys , they have absolutely no fucking taste! If I had all that money I'd be getting a outdoor bar or even just a functioning AC system ! I mean , what the fuck . How is that fair ? They get a Caesar and I get the flu from the damp on the fucking walls ! Jesus Christ ." He ranted more than annoyed and jealous.

Snickering to herself , June leaned over the console and rested her arm on his shoulders making him come to a halt in his passionate speech .

Her big icy eyes digging into his own with mischief.

"Fancy making a few bills?" She whispered to him playfully.

"I'm sure a Caesar owner with a chandelier has a few things she could share with us don't you ? Plus finders keepers and all that jazz right ?" She sang while wiggling her eyebrows at him cheekily .

His eyes lighting up at the thought of money , grinning along with her slyly.

"You're totally on to something devilchild . They should be all tucked up and cozy in dreamland by now ." He but his lip looking on towards the now dark house , the curtains drawn shut .

"What'd ya say we have some fun huh?" He offered.

Leaning over to push open the side of her door before pulling back to open his own . His grin bright enough to make her forget any lingering doubt she might of had .

Her heart beating excitedly in her chest as she followed him over the lawn and around the back of the house silently , her hand reaching out and grasping his own behind his back .

He looked over his shoulder at her as they carefully walked around the side of the house , shielded by the bricks and 6ft gate , easily blending into the dark.

"There's got to be a window or something . These fancy houses always have some sliding shit going on ." He whispered to her under his breath before grinning and nodding over to a large double sliding door that led to the patio .

Putting his finger to his lips as he gently pressed his glove hands over the handle and soundlessly pulled it to the side , exhaling joyfully as he looked back over to june who was buzzing beside him .

"The stupid fucks forgot to lock it ." He muttered victoriously before carefully sliding it open enough so that they could both fit through without attracting any attention .

Holding back a hysterical giggle that wanted to burst free June followed him into the house , light on there feet as they scanned the room and paused , waiting to hear any noise that would indicate they had been heard .

After a moment of tense silence syd's shoulders loosened and he gestured for June to move further inside .

Making the okay sign with his fingers and wandering further into the kitchen area and looking around .

Eyeing the spotless front room june wandered into it , quickly spotting the familiar handbag that had been hung on there coatrack back at her home when she had walked in.

Making sure her gloves covered all off her hands. she slowly opened the bag and her eyes lit up , pulling at the designer purse with a excited wave to get syd's attention .

"Jackpot." She whispered to him grinning as she pulled it open , being greeted by a bunch of green notes .

Quietly but quickly hurrying to her side he held back a gasp as he took the money from her outstretched palm , flicking through the notes quickly .

A amazed breath escaping his chest as he looked back down at June with wide eyes.

"There's eighty dollars there ." He mumbled excitedly .

He would only need another hundred and ten to cover this months rent seeing as he split half of it with Lennon .

Shoving it Into his back pocket he then grabbed June's face in his hands and kissed her roughly , only for a second , pulling away before she could even react .

"You're a fucking godsend June . " he pointed at her happily before wandering over to the cabinets on the other side of the room .

Leaving june to gape at his back before fighting back a giggle , rolling her eyes at his enthusiasm .

Putting the purse back into the bag and putting it back where she found it .

Then her eyes caught the photos on the walls , slowly walking over to them with a frown .

"This must be the ex husband ." She mumbled to herself curiously .

Looking at the photo of Sarah , who was beaming up at a tall handsome man with blonde hair and blue eyes , a crooked nose and a bright smile that matched her own .

There were more pictures of the man . Only this time with Tyler and lulu , one each from when they were a baby . The man looking down at them with love in his eyes .

She found a pang of bitterness twang deep inside her chest , her father had never looked at her like that .

She wondered what had happened to him , they had looked so happy in the pictures . It only went to prove that not everything was ever as it seemed .

Scoffing under her breath as she recalled the heart eyes that sarah had flashed Leon as she said goodbye .

Compared to this guy her father was a real fucking downgrade , the poor cow had no idea what she was getting herself into .

She obviously wasn't over this man either considering there were memories of him all over the house . She pushed away any pity she might have felt and wandered over the bookshelf .

Her eyes scanning all the unfamiliar titles and a lot of self help books .

How to be happy

How to make money and keep money , snorting softly at the irony of that one .

How to fake it till you make it .

There was at least ten of them . It was pitiful , really it was .

Then her eyes fell onto a small round blue curved bowl that was painted with small with the daisies around it . Inside where different stoned rings and dainty silver and gold necklaces . There was even a silver Jaguar broach in there , the size of her pinky finger .

Picking up one of the necklaces and two rings , one silver one with a big fat diamond in the middle and the other a gold bang with pattern engraved onto it .

"Syd." She called over to him in a whisper making him look over at her from where he was pocketing a silver fancy looking letter opener.

"What about these?" She asked him quietly .

Taking them from her hands he looked them over with a soft hum .

"Could make some money at the pawn shop." He mumbled shrugging before adding them to his pocket . His eyes then catching on to the silver Jaguar broach.

"Ooooh that's looks expensive ." He cooed with a wide smirk , turning it over in his gloves palm before also putting that with his pocket collection .

Inhaling through his nose as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder lazily .

"Are you ready go now devilchild? We don't wanna risk them waking up ." He reminded her under his breath .

Looking around at the room she then got an idea , eyeing the perfect white rug and the somehow even whiter pillows on the couch .

Shrugging his arm off of her , she tiptoed into the kitchen and grabbed one of the many bottle of wines from the counter .

Lifting it up in front of her and motioning for him to a grab a bottle , which he did without any question.

Following her back into the front room and watching as she unscrewed the cap leaning over the spotless rug before gently tipping the bottle upside down .

Shaking his head with a amused grin at how petty she was being he copied her movements , walking over to the couch and pouring the staining deep red wine all over the fancy white pillows and blanket till they were bleeding red .

As she got to the last few drops she carelessly sprinkled it over all of those stupid self help books that were obviously no help at all .

Satisfied with herself , she took a step back and paused before grabbing one of the books with a grin.

How to be more approachable and a better person that people will gravitate to .

Jett would love that one .

Fighting back a giggle she grabbed syd's hand and quietly pulled him back out of the house .

Watching as he slid the door back closed like it had never even been opened in the first place.

Then they hurried silently back to the car , throwing the empty bottles into the back .

No evidence of them ever even being there as they drove away from the perfect house , the owner none the wiser of their visit .

Syd was laughing freely now as they sped away , pulling off his gloves and throwing them into the backseat as june did the same .

"That was fucking awesome!" He exclaimed. Feeling the money and jewellery heavy in his pocket .

He would be able to eat this week .

He was positively beaming as he reached over to shake her hair with the palm of his hand .

Making her squeal and bat his hand away , unable to stop her smile from spreading .

His happiness was infectious . She felt alive again .

Poor little Sarah was going to be so confused and worried when she woke up in the morning to find her money gone and house stained with red wine .

She should have never have gotten involved . June wasn't going to let anybody interfere with her long term plan . No matter how pretty Leon thought she might be .

She already had a mother . It didn't matter that she was dead or that june had never been met her . She didn't need a replacement , neither did she want a figure to be put in her place .

She flipped the loose coin in the palm of her hand .

Heads I win . Tails you lose .

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.4K 119 16
Who knew my life could be this complicated? So many lies, so much hate, and so much drama. It may get out of hand and murders, mysteries and killers...
63.5K 845 19
Christina accidentally spills a powerful love potion on Kevin. The real problem is, because of what she did a dangerous yellow eyed Witch now wants b...
634 40 26
Hannah Bradstone is more than excited to revisit her hometown after two years of living in the city. She is all so pumped up to see her old high scho...
28.8K 1.9K 182
MC has always had your normal typical life which many times she wishes she could change. However, with one text message her life would change in ways...