A New York City Dream ~ Eliza...

By grw255nyc

Y/N is just a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. One day she esc... More

Parks and Strangers
Nicknames & Hobbies
Texts & Obsessions
Secrets & Escapes
City Lights & Subways
Students & Sisters
Air Matressess & Iron Man
Waffles & Dancing
Breaks & Sweatshirts
Music & Groceries
Dancing & Chicken
Math & Spam Messages
Cleaning & Shopping Bags
Vessel Views & Subway Talks
Gym & Jim
Poetry & Picnics
Teasing & Selfies
Fights & Rumors
Morning Snuggles & Rooftops
Confessions & Kisses
Morning Kisses & Conversation
Boats & Bikes
Plans & Rules
Outfits & Hips
Confidence & The Interview
Dinner Plans & Moodiness
Grinding & Drinks
Hangovers & Serenading
Playlists & Breaking the Rules
Turtles & Lists
Emotions & Solutions
Comfort Show & Hickeys
Avengers & Chocolate Cake
Buttons & Tongues
Fingers & Strawberries
Adoration & Showering
Magical Fingers & Realizations
Love & Roof Fun
Flight & FaceTime
Tattoos & Chaos
Flowers & Tension
Wrists & Dimples
Mom & Little Italy
Presents & Promises
Apartments & Movie Marathons
Mood Swings & Massages
Articles & Fallon
TSA & Flight Naps
Exploration & Bath Time
Recap & Soulmates
Stonghenge & Dinner
Fight & Flight
Home & Reassurance
Week 1: Soho & Shopping
Week 2: Transitions & Movie Night
Week 3: Museum & Memories
Week 4: Olsens & Approval
Week 5: Tattoos & Packing
Dreams & Reality
Author's Note

Laundry & Insecurities

24K 672 251
By grw255nyc

Y/N POV
I end up sorting out the dirty laundry taking up a good portion of my room so we can get Lizzie some clean clothes. I put the clothes in my laundry bag, make sure I have coins, and put my shoes on to leave while Lizzie is continuously tapping away on her computer.

"I'm going to go get the laundry done, are you good here?" I ask.

"Hm? Oh yeah, I'm good. I have to get some work done but I can come if you want?" She suggests.

"No, you finish up, I won't be long," I assure her and lean forward to plant a kiss on the crown of her head. I turn to head out but a hand on my wrist stops me.

"I require I proper kiss for passage." She teases, puckering her lips at me. My mouth stretches into a half-smile at how adorable she is and give her a couple of pecks before she releases my wrist. "You may go now."

"See you a little later babe, and don't make dinner, I'm doing that tonight." She hums in response, probably not hearing me since she's focused back on her computer. I head out and get the laundry started at the spot around the corner. A wash isn't that long and in no time I switch over some clothes to the dryer. I leave out more delicate clothes to head home and hang up.

When I enter my apartment about 30 minutes from when I left, Lizzie's voice calls out, "That was quick," She comments as she pulls one of my shirts over her head. I bite my lip at the peek of her stomach I got.

"Just coming to hang up some stuff, I don't like drying all my stuff," I explain. She nods in acceptance walking up to me. Her arms wrap around my neck and she gives me a sweet kiss before letting me go to hang up the clothing. She helps me out and we get everything hung up. I head back out to get the dried clothes and I'm back home by the time dinner should be getting started. Lizzie offers to fold everything and put it away and it makes me smile at how domestic this all is. I get started on some pasta since that's at my skill level. Lizzie puts on one of my The 1975 records and comes up behind me, wrapping her arms around my hips and kissing my clothed back between my shoulders.

"What ya making?" She inquires, swaying slightly to the music even though the song is upbeat.

"Some pasta, it's about the only thing I can make without burning the building down" I explain. "I feel bad for my mood earlier so I wanted to cover dinner."

"You don't need to apologize, everyone has those days." She assures me. "Dance with me?"

Her request makes me smile, "Oh how the tables have turned, Miss Olsen." I tease.

"Shut up and dance with me." She demands softly. I turn down the heat a little and turn around giving in just as Heart Out starts playing. I can already tell she's in a playful mood by the grin and mischievous look in her eyes. She grabs my hands and tries to get me moving around. "Come onnnnnnn" She whines. I give in pulling her close to me, twirling her around making her giggle. She spins into me, her back up against my chest and I grab onto her hips pulling them into mine rocking back in forth in a playful manner, and slide my hands across her stomach keeping her close. I lean my head down to plant a few kisses on her shoulder before twisting her hips back around. I rest my forehead on hers, pulling her as close as possible by wrapping my arms around her lower back, singing the words why don't you figure my heart out into her mouth before she closes the gap and kisses me softly. I strengthen my grip on her lower back and slowly lift her off the ground and she wraps her arms around my neck. Our lips remain locked and I shift one hand to grab one of her thighs prompting her to wrap her legs around my waist. I hold onto her thighs and find my way to my bed, sitting down resulting in her straddling my lap.

She pulls away slowly, pulling my bottom lip a little bit and burying her hands in my hair. The song switches to Settle down as her lips travel down my neck.

"No more dancing?" I tease

"Shut up." She replies.

"I have to continue cooking," I remind her, holding in a sigh of pleasure at the soft bites she's leaving on the base of my neck. She ignores me, biting down a little more harshly on the side of my neck, soothing the pain with her tongue and a kiss. She continues her journey up my neck to the underside of my jaw and I let out a soft moan that makes her grin. Apparently, that was what she wanted because right after her lips are back on mine, claiming them as her territory. I kiss back eagerly for a few seconds before she pulls away abruptly and smirks at my flushed face.

"I think your pasta needs attention." She teases, standing up and heading back into the kitchen. What a fucking tease. I join her in the kitchen to get back to work. She picks out another poetry book to entertain herself while I sing Girls softly under my breath. When it gets to the chorus I can't help but sing a little louder. I use my spoon as my microphone putting on a show for Lizzie. She giggles at my goofiness and dancing around like I'm on stage. I smile at her and turn back to my task finishing up the simple pasta with red sauce. I plate it up while continuing to hum.

"I like your voice," Lizzie states sweetly when I hand her the plate.

"Thanks, sweets." I wink at her. "Try your pasta." I request watching her reaction. She hums in appreciation.

"It's really good, I'm proud of you baby." She compliments. I smile to myself at her approval. We listen to the music and eat our dinner. My mind wanders a bit, which isn't a great thing because I start to overthink. Why is this beautiful woman with me? She was literally engaged to a musician. I'm a nobody. How long is this going to even last? She's only going to be here for the summer. What happens when she has to leave for a project? My insecurities start to flood my mind and I try to push them back down so I can enjoy whatever time I do have with her, but she seems to notice my anxious mind."Hey? What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" She asks.

"Uh, nothing, don't worry about it. Just stupid things." I reply, my eyes on the pasta on my fork, not feeling hungry anymore.

"That pained expression on your face says otherwise. Talk to me." She requests softly. I sigh, if this is going to work I have to be honest.

"There are a lot of worries running through my mind. I'm overthinking and I'm spiraling." I inform her.

"What can I do to ease your mind?" She grabs my hand which is now free since I put my plate down.

"I, I don't know," I reply.

"Can you tell me what the thoughts are?" She questions quietly.

"Um, I don't want to hurt you because like, it's a lot of insecurities kind of showing up all of a sudden, and it's freaking me out," I explain. She sets her plate down and grabs both of my hands, rubbing her thumbs over the backs of my hands.

"I'm with you." She states. Reminding me of our conversation from earlier this week. I smile slightly Maybe I'm with you will be our always.

"Well, uh. I don't know. Sometimes I wonder why you would pick me. You were engaged to this awesome musician and I'm just some no-name teacher that has no idea about anything in your world. I worry about how long you'll even stay. With your job, you are bound to leave me at some point. I'm scared because I don't know how this is going to work. I'm scared." I ramble. My heart aching. She scoots closer to me, trying to meet my worried eyes.

"Y/N, can you look at me?" She requests. I look up at her slowly, afraid that I hurt her.

"Thank you for telling me. Otherwise, I would have no idea how you feel. I know this is a lot and our worlds are different, but I want to figure out how we can mold them together. You are worth it. I don't care that no one knows your name because you are a breath of fresh air. You are so kind, and treat me like a queen. You let me stay with you because I didn't want to face my sisters, who even does that. You show how much you care in every little thing you do and I'm so lucky that you chose me. I might be a celebrity but that doesn't mean I'm perfect. I have my flaws, I'm a person. Our jobs don't have to determine if we are good enough for each other. I want to grow with you and I know it isn't going to be easy, but no matter where we end up, I'm with you." She concludes.

"I'm with you too," I state, afraid if I say anything else I'll break down. She smiles softly and pulls me into a hug.

"You mean so much to me. I know this is happening so quickly, but that doesn't mean I don't value our relationship. There isn't a time requirement for these things. Sometimes it just happens." She continues. God, I could fall in love with this woman tomorrow. A part of me thinks I already have.

"You are everything to me, and it's kind of scary because we did just meet. But, as you said, sometimes something in us just knows." I share her sentiment. She squeezes me tighter at the confirmation I feel the same.

"I'm really glad we talked about this, I can't imagine how this would have turned out if we let it fester." She states and it makes me smile that she uses we, like we are already a team.

"Well, you know I value honesty and communication. I can't expect that from you if I don't give you the same." She grins as she pulls away from the hug.

"I think that mature relationship you are wanting is closer than you think," she winks. I blush at the insinuation since we haven't really labeled anything yet. We end up finishing our dinner that was set aside during our conversation then get ready for bed. Even with her clean laundry Lizzie picks one of my NYU shirts and some of my sleep shorts. The shirt is slightly big on her and it makes her look so soft and adorable. We settle into bed, me cuddling into her chest wanting to be held after the slightly intense conversation. She massages my scalp and it lulls me to sleep before I can even say goodnight.

______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N Hi! If you've made it this far you must be enjoying this so I'm glad! A mix of things happen in this chapter, but that conversation about Y/N's worries needed to happen. They will continue to talk about those things since they are pretty valid worries. But! There will also be lots of fluff too. I want an angsty fight to happen but I haven't figure out exactly how I want it to happen yet, but that should be coming too. Have a lovely day/night!

(Going to try to have Grammarly edit as I go from now on so any mistakes are now Grammarly's fault lol)

Edited 5/27

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

681K 19.7K 109
Elizabeth Olsen x Fem Reader Y/n is a senior NYFA film student in LA, with past's demons that still haunting her life; while Elizabeth grapples with...
I love you. By M

Fanfiction

36.5K 1.2K 40
Y/N is a 24-year-old in Colorado living her life as a physical therapist. Her life is in a simple routine when it gets mixed a little by a conference...
30.3K 2K 14
Right after Wanda destroys Mount Wundagore, she is transported to another universe where superheroes don't exist, rendering her powerless and making...
182K 4.6K 45
whatever the title says. i'm sorry for the awful and poor writing, english is not my first language. [ request open + slow updates ]