A New York City Dream ~ Eliza...

بواسطة grw255nyc

Y/N is just a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. One day she esc... المزيد

Parks and Strangers
Nicknames & Hobbies
Texts & Obsessions
Secrets & Escapes
City Lights & Subways
Students & Sisters
Air Matressess & Iron Man
Waffles & Dancing
Breaks & Sweatshirts
Music & Groceries
Dancing & Chicken
Math & Spam Messages
Cleaning & Shopping Bags
Vessel Views & Subway Talks
Gym & Jim
Poetry & Picnics
Teasing & Selfies
Fights & Rumors
Morning Snuggles & Rooftops
Confessions & Kisses
Morning Kisses & Conversation
Boats & Bikes
Plans & Rules
Outfits & Hips
Dinner Plans & Moodiness
Laundry & Insecurities
Grinding & Drinks
Hangovers & Serenading
Playlists & Breaking the Rules
Turtles & Lists
Emotions & Solutions
Comfort Show & Hickeys
Avengers & Chocolate Cake
Buttons & Tongues
Fingers & Strawberries
Adoration & Showering
Magical Fingers & Realizations
Love & Roof Fun
Flight & FaceTime
Tattoos & Chaos
Flowers & Tension
Wrists & Dimples
Mom & Little Italy
Presents & Promises
Apartments & Movie Marathons
Mood Swings & Massages
Articles & Fallon
TSA & Flight Naps
Exploration & Bath Time
Recap & Soulmates
Stonghenge & Dinner
Fight & Flight
Home & Reassurance
Week 1: Soho & Shopping
Week 2: Transitions & Movie Night
Week 3: Museum & Memories
Week 4: Olsens & Approval
Week 5: Tattoos & Packing
Dreams & Reality
Author's Note

Confidence & The Interview

25.1K 684 565
بواسطة grw255nyc

Y/N POV
Waking up to kisses all over my face is becoming one of my favorite things ever. I pull myself out of bed with Lizzie's encouragement so I can get ready for work. Lizzie plants herself on the couch, opening up her computer to get some work done as well. The day goes by slowly, the anticipation for tonight making me antsy. Lizzie's makeup artist comes during my last period to get started with Lizzie and brought our clothes with her. By the time I'm done teaching, it's my turn to get all dolled up. My hair dried nicely so I'll be able to just wear it down, but I have to suffer from some light makeup. I haven't seen Lizzie's finished look yet since she was in the bathroom once it was my turn. The pro makeup artist keeps having to tilt my head back to her, my instinct to turn away with things close to my eyes causing her issues. But, she's gentle and patient and chats about random things with me. She calls me sweetie and she's nice.

"All done! Now, go take a look then get dressed." I hop up and grab the garment bag with my suit. I knock on the door since Lizzie is getting her dress on. She opens it up and I swear I stop breathing. Holy shit.

"Wow......uh.....wow" I breathe out. She smiles shyly at my reaction and I stand there frozen, my eyes sweeping up and down her body and around her face. She looks stunning.

"Get dressed, ya goof." She breaks me out of my trance.

"Right, okay yeah, I'll do that," I reply. I move into the bathroom, hang up the bag and unzip it. I run my fingers over the material, jeez this must have cost a fortune. I take out the shirt and button it up to the top button, slip the pants on, which fit perfectly somehow and tuck in the shirt. I take out the jacket and slip it on and take a look in the mirror. The makeup is subtle which I appreciate. I don't look too different than normal and the suit is a perfect fit. I walk out as Lizzie is putting her heels on. I clear my throat awkwardly shifting between my feet.

She stands up, "Wow, you look great." She states walking up to me, the heels giving her the height to almost look me in the eye. "I'm glad I got the sizing right." She states, running her hands along with the jacket and tugging at the waistline. Her hands move to the buttons of the maroon shirt and she unbuttons a couple to show a little bit of my chest. "There, perfect. More of a musician look with a couple of buttons loose." She explains.

"I guess that's okay since I am technically a musician." I agree. My eyes rake over her face again and she smiles. I return the smile and I go to kiss her, but she stops me with a hand to my chest.

"Lipstick." She explains. I nod in understanding. She pulls away, smoothing out my jacket and buttoning the top button, then runs her hands along her dress making sure everything looks in place.

"You're stunning, Elizabeth Chase Olsen." I let her know in a whisper.

"Thank you, you little charmer you." she teases with a blush. "You look hot. I know that's not the nicest compliment but damn." She quirks an eyebrow as her eyes run up and down my body again.

"Alright, enough of that, when do we leave?" I ask, noticing her make-up artist smirking to herself as she cleans up shop.

"In like, 10 minutes. Here are some sunglasses and make sure you have your phone." I nod and head to grab my phone, slipping it into my jacket pocket. I slip the new sunglasses onto my shirt, letting them hang there until we head outside. "Baby, come here." She calls me over and I smile at the new pet name. She pulls me into the bathroom. "I want to get a picture, we look amazing." She explains. She pulls me slightly behind her to take a mirror picture so we both fit. I get slightly distracted though, moving her hair from her neck, revealing her soft skin. I softly kiss the base of her neck and hear the sound of the picture being taken. I look up and smile at her through the mirror and she smiles wider taking another one.

"Did they come out okay?" I ask, returning my lips to her shoulder.

"They are really cute, I'm sending these to my sisters. They are going to shit their pants." She giggles evilly.

"Speaking of, do they know about us?" I ask. We walk out of the bathroom to get my shoes on and Lizzie gets her clutch ready.

"They do, they knew I had a crush before I knew. I'm surprised you didn't pick up on the teasing during our picnic." She explains.

"Oh, I was way too nervous to even pick up on that, and in my mind, I didn't even have a chance," I explain.

"Okay, we are going to talk about that, but in the car, let's go." She grabs my hand pulling me out of the apartment, her make-up artist following behind. Lizzie locks the door then puts the keys in her clutch. I smirk, maybe I should get another set of those. We head into the car and get on the road. I bounce my leg up and down, a nervous tick I have. Her hand slides to my thigh trying to soothe my anxiety.

"Why on earth would you not have a chance with me?" she questions seriously.

"Well, you were freshly out of an engagement, straight, and a movie star. I didn't think it was even an option. But, I still fell for you even if I tried my hardest not to." I explain, looking out the window, afraid of her response.

"Hey," she tilts my head to look at her, "I don't care who I am, or who you are. It doesn't matter and I don't ever want to make you feel lesser, because you aren't. I think you are an amazing person, better than many celebrities I know, so please don't ever think you aren't good enough just because no one knows your name." She explains seriously. I nod in acceptance and she searches my eyes for any leftover doubts. She doesn't find any, I trust her, so she smiles and lifts my hand to kiss my knuckles, not wanting to get lipstick anywhere. We are silent the rest of the way to the studio while I fiddle with my thumbs. Lizzie takes one of my hands softly and sets it in her lap to try to calm me down. I end up resting my hand on her exposed thigh and she sets her hand on top of it to keep me comfortable. We pull up to the doors and I see a few cameras flashing. I look over to Lizzie and she smiles reassuringly.

"It will be fine," she states taking the sunglasses off my shirt and placing them on my face, "Just follow me straight in and ignore anything they say. I nod and purse my lips getting ready for whatever this night will bring. The door is opened and I get out first, being closer to the building. I hold my hand out helping Lizzie out of the car, but drop it following her in. I ignore any words thrown my way and do as told, following her in. I find myself strutting a little, feeling pretty cool with the sunglasses and fit. I slip one hand in my pocket and unbutton my jacket with the other before holding the door open for Lizzie, rushing a little to get there before her. She smiles at me, quirking an eyebrow at this new air of confidence I have all of a sudden as she passes and I follow her in, security making sure we aren't followed.

"I don't know what got into you in the last minute, but okay that was attractive." She states, pulling me with her to the dressing room.

I shrug, "I look good and I'm with a stunning woman getting my picture taken, I feel badass." I state with a smirk. She smiles back enjoying my attitude. Her make-up artist is waiting for us for some touch-ups. I watch as she puts some highlighter on Lizzie's face and make goofy faces at her. She rolls her eyes with a small smile. Her eyes shift behind me to the door and she smirks.

"Hey, Scarlett." She states simply. My body runs cold. Holy shit, is she really behind me? My previous cool as a cucumber persona fades as my body tenses, I take a deep breath trying to find my cool, slipping my hands into my pockets and turning around. Holy shit.

"Hey, Lizzie! And you must be Y/N, it's a pleasure to meet you." She reaches out a hand towards me. As I did with Lizzie's sisters, I take it softly and bend down slightly to leave a kiss on her knuckles before standing straight to face her, making eye contact.

"The pleasure is all mine." I smile.

"Lizzie, where the hell did you find this one?" Scarlett's attention switches back to Lizzie as I softly drop her hand. I blush.

"I know right" Lizzie smirks, winking at me. Her make-up is done so she gets up and walks towards us. Her hand slips into mine while the other curls around my forearm. "She's very charming." She states looking up at me.

"Well, uh I don't know about that," I say embarrassed, the blush still painting my cheeks a hand rubbing the back of my neck.

"You look good too, love the suit," Scarlett states looking me up and down. I shift a little under her eyes but feel a little bit of confidence return.

"Thank you, Scarlett, you probably know this but I'm a huge fan." I blurt out. She smiles kindly.

"I like her." She directs at Lizzie before looking back at me. "She may have mentioned that, and I think we are both impressed with how calm you appear to be." She teases. They continue to tease me a little before Lizzie is called to her interview. Scarlett and I follow, and I'm not nervous to be left with the older woman. She's very sweet and welcoming. We settle on a spot backstage near a screen showing the show. I get comfy on the couch next to Scarlett and she rests an arm on the back of the couch behind me.

"So, are you nervous?" She questions with a caring tone.

"A little bit, this is all a lot. I'm just trying to keep my cool." I explain, rubbing my clammy hands along my pants a couple of times.

"It will be fine, Lizzie is good with these things. She gets nervous for interviews but her nerves manifest in being an awkward lovable dork." She smiles.

"Oh trust me, I know. She's probably the cutest little shit I know." I smile thinking about her, listening in to the interview now that Lizzie is sat down.

J: So Lizzie you've been in London filming Dr. Strange for a while, is there anything you can tell me about the movie or your character?

E: Jimmy you know I can't. But, I guess I can say that Wanda is great. She shrugs smirking.

J: Listen, I at least have to try, Marvel is so secretive with this stuff. But, you are also renewed for another season of your Facebook show Sorry for your Loss right?

E: Yes! The show will get a third season. We haven't confirmed when filming will start but it should start in the fall at the latest. I want to have a summer break.

J: That sounds so exciting, now there have been rumors floating around.

E: Oh have there? I have no clue what you are talking about.

I smile at her sarcastic teasing tone. Scarlett snorts out a laugh.

"What a tease." She states. I laugh, "You have no idea" I reply and Scarlett raises an eyebrow at me. I motion that my lips are sealed.

J: Alright alright, so you know what I'm going to ask then, are they true?

E: Well there are a couple floating around, the one about Robbie and I calling off the engagement is true. She pauses as the audience reacts in a mixture of ways. But, it was mutual and healthy, we both were on different paths. He's still my best friend and I care about him a lot.

J: That's really sweet actually. I'm glad that everything is good between you.

E: Me too, I love his music so I'm glad everything ended civilly so I can still listen without crying

The audience laughs at her joke and I smile at her adorable reply. I notice Scarlett is observing me and look over at her, quirking an eyebrow in question.

"Is there something you need Scar?" I ask.

She smirks, "No, it's just cute how much you adore her." She states and turns her attention back to the screen.

J: So what about the other rumor about this mystery woman? The smile on his face creates an excited reaction from the audience.

E: Well, yes I know who she is, her name is Y/N.

J: How did you meet? Are any sparks flying?

Lizzie hides a smirk.

E: We met in Central Park, she likes to go there and I happened upon her one day. We got to talking and have been pretty inseparable since.

She doesn't answer the second question but Jimmy seems to forget about it.

J: Can you tell us any more? Everyone is curious about this new person in your life. Did she meet your sisters?

E: Yes she did, they adore her. They even have a group chat without me in it. We are going to go clubbing at some point together.

J: Oh that sounds fun!

E: Yeah I'm pretty excited, Y/N is a dancer, she's always dancing around or tapping her foot. But, she's also a teacher, and I admire that a lot. Teachers don't always get the appreciation they deserve.

I raise my eyebrows in shock. She remembers my rambled response about teaching from one of our first interactions.

J: Oh wow that's amazing, I agree too! Teachers deserve more. She sounds like she's an awesome person.

E: Oh she is, even though she won't admit it. I really enjoy her company.

J: But no sparks? No future relationship? He teases trying to get something out of her.

E: I just ended an engagement, Jimmy! He laughs, But, who knows. Right now we are just enjoying our friendship.

I get a little nervous at the non-answer but understand why she said it. She doesn't like being dishonest, so if we do end up coming out to the public, she doesn't get any shit for denying it. The interview wraps up and I shift my attention to Scarlett as Lizzie and Jimmy chat before the next segment.

"That wasn't so bad," I state.

"She did really well." Scarlett agrees. We chat a little bit waiting for Lizzie to come backstage and my nerves finally subside.

______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N A long but fun chapter! Scarlett has arrived. :) Let me know what you think!

Edited 5/25

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

741K 23.7K 71
Y/N is not a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. But she is married to her celebrity wife Elizabeth Chase...
45.1K 1.5K 21
Y/N L/N is not ordinary. Well, a 27 year old criminal is not ordinary, isn't it? She likes to be chased and hell, she likes every minute of it. For o...
I love you. بواسطة M

قصص الهواة

36.6K 1.2K 40
Y/N is a 24-year-old in Colorado living her life as a physical therapist. Her life is in a simple routine when it gets mixed a little by a conference...
5.4K 216 3
The one where Reader plays Vision in the MCU and she falls in love with her co-worker Elizabeth Olsen. || From my tumblr @randomshyperson