The Treehouse

By angelcakelove123

Despite the title, this isn't a story about a treehouse. This is a story about love. This is about two peopl... More

Welcome
Cast
Prologue
O N E
T W O
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
Author's Note

T H R E E

2K 86 19
By angelcakelove123

I couldn't help that feeling of disappointment that flooded through me when I discovered Myles gone the next morning.

I couldn't help but internally scoff at myself.

I should've known better to get my hopes up.

What did I even think was gonna happen?

He just needed a place to stay Jesse that's it.

No matter how much you miss him, it's doesn't mean he misses you.

Deciding not to dwell on the events last night, I quickly got dressed for school. Deciding to forget whatever happened.

I should've known it wasn't going to be that easy.

The moment I caught him staring at me in the halls I couldn't help the flutters that arose in my stomach.

I even went as far as smiling at him.

I wanted to slap myself at my own stupidity.

I don't know what compelled me to do such a thing.

Again, Jesse just because he came by yesterday doesn't mean anything.

However, my resolve wasn't strong as I found myself replaying the events of the other night, not being able to pay attention in any of my classes.

"What's good with you? You've been spaced out all day," Talia asked me.

It was currently the end of the day and we were standing by Talia's car waiting for Malia, who had to stay behind to talk with a teacher.

"I swear I've never seen you look, so down,"

"You okay?" Talia asked again worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm okay just have a lot on my mind right now," I answered, giving her a small smile to ease her worry.

"Okay, just know I'm here whenever," She said giving me a small smile of her own.

"Hello, ladies," A new voice said from behind.

Turning around, I looked at the newcomer.

"Hi, Lance," I greeted, send him a wave as Talia nodded at him briefly.

Her attention was solely on the boy behind Lance. Who had his head cocked down to his sketchbook, his pencil running frantically across the page.

"Hi, West," Talia said sweetly, a wide grin on her face.

Wow, she has it bad.

It was then West finally looked up from his notebook.

"Hi, Talia," He spoke gently sending her a small smile, a small blush on his face.

I had to hold myself back from releasing a gasp as I never heard West speak until now.

Despite his deep voice, his tone embodied softness.

Beside me, I can tell Talia was about to burst with joy.

With a boost of confidence, Talia walked over to West, engaging in a conversation about their project.

Lance sent a wink in West's direction before turning his attention back to me.

"What great thing did I do to be graced by the presence of Lance Cunningham," I said with a slight smirk, diverting my attention from the pair beside us.

"I'm honored Jess, but I'm the one who's lucky to be in your presence," He said with a smirk of his own, bowing a bit making a small laugh slip from my mouth.

"However, it would do me greater honor if you would make your appearance at a very special event this Friday," He said with feigned innocence.

"And why is this occasion so special?" I asked suspiciously, seeing the hint of mischief in his eyes.

"Nothing terrible, I promise," He replied making me roll my eyes.

Says the guy who burned off our chemistry teacher's eyebrows.

With a wave of my hand, I motioned for him to continue.

"You this Saturday, someone very special to the both of us will be celebrating their nineteenth birthday, and being the wonderful friend that I am I decided to have a small get-together to celebrate such a great day!" He said cheerfully.

It was then I remembered that it would be Myles's birthday.

" I don't think that would be such a good idea," I stated hesitantly.

I mean last night was the first time we spoke in years.

Just because I gave him a place to stay, doesn't mean he'll want me there.

"I know what your thinking, so stop. You being there will make his birthday ten times better, trust me when I say he wants you there," Lance said, his tone coated in honesty.

"Come, please! It will just be Myles, West, Lance, and I! You can even bring along Talia and Malia," He begged

Though the joy that sparked in his eyes at the idea of Malia coming didn't go unnoticed by me.

Interesting

My head and heart were at war.

On one hand, my head said not to go as I would only embarrass myself.

But, on the other hand, my heart was telling me to go.

However, I was always one who followed her heart.

"I'll go," I murmured, releasing a sigh.

I squealed came from my mouth as pulled into a bear hug, my feet lifting off the floor.

"YES! Thank you, you won't regret it!" He shouted with glee, before placing me back on the ground.

A grin on my face as I found his reaction to be amusing.

"I'll text you the details later. By the way, it's a surprise party, so don't tell anyone else! Lance called out to be as he dragged a flustered West away from a grinning Talia.

"See you on Saturday Malia," Lance said shooting a smile at a confused Malia, who just came out of the school building.

"Can someone explain to me what just happened?" Malia asked once she was in close enough proximity to Talia and I.

"We were invited to Myles surprise birthday party Saturday,"

"I have a date with West on Friday!"

Talia and I spoke at the same time.

"WHAT!" We yelled staring at one another in shock.

"Yeah, you guys have a lot of explaining to do," Malia said as she entered the car, deciding it would be best to discuss the events that just transpired away from nosy people.

"You have a date with West?" I asked with both surprise and joy.

"We're going to your ex-best friend aka the boy you've been in love with since you were five, birthday party? Talia asked back with the same tone as mine.

However, the smile on my face soon slipped off as she registered in my head.

"HEY!" I shouted, slapping her shoulder.

"Ouch," She said rubbing her shoulder, shooting me a glare.

"Okay, can one of you explain already," Malia said both amused and slightly annoyed at our lack of a response.

"I'll go first," Talia said excitedly before giving a run-down on her, and West's conversation went.

While they were talking Talia brought up how one of her favorite artists Kanitha Tith was having a gallery opening Friday night.

Kanitha Tith is a Cambodian female artist whose sculptors explore the fast-changing nature of Cambodia, as well as the relationship between her personal experiences to that environment as such. Embodying themes of community, gender, and feminist identity.

Seeing that West was Cambodian himself, she thought he would be interested.

West, was touched by Talia's offer and surprised by her broad knowledge of various cultural groups.

Talia then when on a spew about how she takes it upon herself to learn about everyone's culture. She believes the world is so crap because everyone is too observed in their own lives, and the world would be a better place if we took it upon ourselves to learn more about one another.

Talia says that West was so in awe of her response that he immediately agreed to go with her.

Just before Lance dragged West away, she slipped in that it was a date, which explained why West was so flustered.

In short, Talia has a date with West Friday night.

After we congratulated Talia and planned to facetime later to plan her outfit, I gave a quick summary of the conversation that went down between Lance and I.

To say they were excited would be an understatement.

"FINALLY!"

"This is the perfect opportunity for you to reconnect with him after all these years. It extremely obvious that you miss him and the longing glances you shoot him in the hallway is quite sad now," Talia said as Malia nodded in agreement.

"Thanks for making me sound like a loser guys," I said rolling my eyes to them, leaning back in my seat as Talia began to pull out of the parking lot.

"What are best friends for," Talia side giving me a wink as Malia chuckled softly in the back.

Looking out the window I released a sigh, my thoughts running haywire.

Malia and Talia's conversation about the upcoming events for this weekend, fading out into the background.

The last 24 hours playing on repeat like a broken record.

One thought stuck out most of all,

Crap! What do I get him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 2.9K 32
Leroi's lifetime list of bad decisions has just gotten longer than he ever imagined. He pissed off rival jocks, fell in love with the school's outcas...
192K 3.8K 30
when the boy who doesn't even notice her, falls for her at the worst possible time... October 10, 2021 - July 14, 2022
103K 2.7K 39
A story about a Delinquent and a goody two shoes who has different perspectives but has romantic feelings towards each other. Will it work out for th...
6.5K 248 30
[complete] #2 "This isn't amusing. You're smiling, and your face is all bruised and bleeding. Is that not putting you in more pain?" Ren shifted on h...