My Best Mates Sister

By M241294Y

George Russel is entering F1 at Williams this year with two of his best mates including Lando Norris. Rosie... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12
13
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
NEWS
57.
58.
Epilogue

10.

5.9K 76 3
By M241294Y

Rosie

Baku was an eventful race for us, George managed to finish P11 but Charles crashed into the wall at the castle sector. I talked George through the race but I was concerned about my Monegasque friend down at Ferrari. I kept my focus on the race and felt immensely pleased that George stayed out of trouble. I knew I had a few minutes before I would need to be in the debrief so I rush down the paddock to Ferrari. I don't recognise anyone outside but then I spot Andrea "Hey!" I say to grab his attention "Rosie so good to see you!" He gives me a brief hug "you too! I was hoping to check up on Charles" he nods "let me grab him" he pops back into the garage and I loiter outside looking like a sore thumb in a sea of red. A few of the team members give me a strange look and I avoid eye contact but Seb then comes out of the garage with Britta "Rosie?" He questions and I grin at him "Hey Seb" he gives me a small hug "are you lost?" He questions me "I'm actually just hoping to check in on Charles" his expression turns sympathetic "he could use a friend" he tells me giving me shoulder a squeeze and I look up just in time to see Charles walking over "I had best get to my interviews good to see you" Seb tells me "you too" I say as the Germans take their leave "Hey Charles" I say wrapping him in my arms "Rosie" he breathes out "are you okay?" I ask him and he nods into my shoulder "just a stupid mistake, a rookie error" I knew he would be berating himself "it happens, perhaps you might need to take Baku out of your top 5 circuits" I joke in an attempt to cheer him up and it works. He pulls away laughing "I suppose I had" I smile at him "next weekend is a new chance" he nods "thank you for coming to check on me" he tells me "of course, you are one of my friends Charles and I know I need cheering up if I feel like I made a mistake" he nods "you can get quite grumpy" he pokes my ribs earning a squeal from me "oi! Well I just wanted to check in but I should get back for our debrief" he nods "thank you again" he hugs me lightly before I pull away "you know where I am if you need me" I say as I walk back towards Williams "of course, same for you" he shouts heading back into the Ferrari garage.

UK
We arrived home from Baku on Monday and George drove us home from the airport. But today is Wednesday and the day I'm moving into Lando's "you sure you are okay with me going?" I question George and he nods "absolutely, he makes you happy why wouldn't I want that for you?" He asks and I shrug "I just thought you might miss the company" he has a knowing smile on his face "well actually Alex is moving in" my guilt seeps away "replacing me already?" He laughs "well you are the one leaving" he jokes and we both know how content we are with the new arrangement "am I still okay to leave some stuff here for the time being?" He nods "this is still your home Rosie" he says and I know he means it "let's get your stuff in the car, when will Lando be here?" He asks and I check my phone "should be about now actually" I say following him up the stairs to what was my bedroom "is lando bringing a van?" George jokes looking at the boxes on my floor "ha ha very funny" I say as George laughs. I don't actually have much to bring as I don't need furniture "do you think we are moving too fast?" I ask and he shakes his head "you guys are hardly home anyway and you stay together on race weekends so it's the most obvious step and it's clear he loves you" George reassures me and I calm down "you are right, I just don't want to regret this" I say as I hear a horn beep outside.

It takes us half an hour to load up both cars "I didn't realise you had this much stuff" Lando jokes "well I've left some stuff here" I say trying to justify the amount of boxes in the back of our cars "I'm just messing with you" Lando says kissing my forehead "ready to go?" George asks and I feel a wave of sadness wash over me "I'm going to miss you" I tell my brother and he looks down at me sadly "me too but we do work together" I reminds me and he pulls me in for a hug "I'm always here if you need me, that will never change" I reassures me "I know, same for you" he grins "right now off you go" he pushes me towards my car "look after her" I hear George telling Lando "I will" he says as I climb into my car missing out on the rest of their conversation. I wind my window down "love you bye" I shout at George "love you bye" he shouts back.

We arrive at Lando's around an hour later "welcome home" he tells me. I grab a couple of smaller boxes as Lando unlocks the front door "so I have sorted out the spare room as a walk in wardrobe, one side is all yours" he informs me and I walk in seeing a rail completely filled with his jumpers "this is fantastic Lands" he wraps his arms around my waist "please put your stuff wherever, this is our home so please treat it as yours" he kisses me "I'm really happy you are here" I can't hide my smile "me too"

We spend the next hour bringing in boxes and putting them in the appropriate rooms. It's a good job we haven't got a race this weekend. I've been sat in the walk in wardrobe sorting out and hanging up my clothes and putting them where I think it will work for me. I have just emptied my usual travel suitcase and tuck that next to Lando's. Suddenly living here feels really real and I start to cry, I'm not sure what has come over me. I look around seeing all of my belongings in a new place and I feel even more alone. "Rosie, what's happened?" Lando quickly asks from his spot in the doorway. He is holding two cups of tea and he quickly places them on the window sill before coming down to sit next to me on the floor. He wraps his arms around me "I'm just feeling slightly overwhelmed by all of this" he nods "I get that, I'm sorry if it feel like I'm rushing things" he tells me "no it's not that, I guess this is my first home without George. I'm just being silly I'm sure I will get used to it soon enough" I force a smile and relax into Lando's side.

I was fully determined to get all of my stuff sorted today but there are a few bags still full sat on the floor of the wardrobe when Lando called upstairs to tell me that dinner was ready. I felt my knees seize up when I stood up and I knew that I had been sat on the floor for too long. I went downstairs as quickly as I could manage and saw Wagamama takeaway bags on the kitchen side "I got you ramen as you mentioned before that it's your favourite" he tells me with a grin "thanks! I say pulling the lid off to reveal Chilli Beef Ramen and a side of crispy chilli squid "I'm surprised you actually ordered squid with your hatred of fish" he laughs "well I'm not the one eating it and it's not near my food" he says digging into what looks like Yaki Soba. It's quite quiet while we practically inhale our food, I hadn't quite realised how hungry I was "thanks for this" I say to Lands once I'm finished "thanks for agreeing to move in" he says back with a grin on his face. I decide to post a photo on Instagram to mark the occasion

@Rosierussell63 moving to a new house is exhausting!
@alexalbon now I get to be the one who annoys @georgerussell63
@charles_leclerc so happy for you both!
@georgerussell63 it's going to be quiet without you banging around the house! I am going to miss you
@landonorris CONSTANT SLEEPOVER!
@sophia237 so happy for you both! Cannot wait to come visit!

One week later

It's been a week since I moved in and so far I am not regretting my decision. Waking up beside Lando every morning seems to always put me in a good mood. We make sure to have breakfast together every morning even if one of us is leaving earlier to get to the factory. It's the day we fly out to Barcelona for the Spanish GP and I've just lugged my suitcase down the stairs and I can hear Lando singing in the kitchen. I leave my case my the door and creep through the living room hoping he doesn't hear me. He has his usual playlist on and is dancing about the kitchen making pancakes? I take a seat on one of the bar stools and enjoy the show. He spins around to grab something and spots me before letting out a small scream "Shit Rosie, you scared me half to death" the look on his face sends me into fits of giggles and I struggle to calm myself down. "You never mentioned that you are a ninja on your application to live here" he jokes crossing his arms trying to look annoyed but the smile on his face gives him away "perhaps I did and you just didn't read it?" He shrugs "either way!" I start laughing again and this time he joins me "I've made banana pancakes for breakfast I hope that's okay?" I nod my head "I'm impress you have cooked this much" knowing from the boys that it isn't his strongest skill shall we say "don't expect it to last" he jokes placing a plate in front of me.

I decide to drive to the airport as Lando has somehow managed to get us on the same flight. "It's weird not having George taking the piss out of me like usual at the airport" I say to lando as we walk through duty free hand in hand on the way to the departure lounge "I can if you want" he jokes with me "I said it's weird not that I miss it" I say sticking my tongue out "sure" he drags out ticking my side causing people to glance over "Lando" I say and he stops "sorry" he looks sheepish as he notices people staring "Are you Lando Norris?" A girl asks and Lando nods "I am, I take it you watch F1?" He asks "I do! Could I get a picture?" He nods "I can take it" I say taking the girls outstretched phone. I take a few photos to make sure she has a decent one "lovely to meet you" she says walking back to where her family were seated. I'm still glad I'm relatively anonymous, not that me and Lando are hiding our relationship at all! "I'm still getting used to that" Lando says with a smile "I don't think I ever will" he laughs "well let's hope you don't get too famous"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

950K 18.7K 85
"𝙤𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙜𝙤𝙙, 𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨" "𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙥 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙚" in which two awkward adolescents...
316K 3.7K 68
sky morgan, female f1 rookie for red bull lando norris, f1 driver for mclaren one love story •••• complete, currently editing highest rankings: #1...
87.4K 1.4K 32
Olivia Madelyn Johnson a 20 year old girl. She has a troubled past but with help from her best friend Max Verstappen she managed to get herself into...
6.2K 40 13
Penelope Norris is Lando's sister. She's 2 minutes older than him. She was married to Max Verstappen. He cheated. She did the same and now she's preg...