Gut Feelings (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey! This is my first story so I know it's not that great! I don't own any of the tangled series character! ... More

Eyes Watching
Sapphire
Adventurine
Spirit Guide
Old Memories
Witch Hunt
Raccoon Trouble
Meadow Dance
Loving Eyes
Comfortable Silence
Wand Search
Unexpected Visitors
Conflicting Feelings
Fake Shop
First Customer
Phony Scientist
Pushed
Constant Interruptions
Not That Handsome
Nose Bleeds
Familiar Locket
Red Mist
Legends
Powers
Familiar Faces
Zodiacs
Comfy
Bruising
Dirty Cheater
Can it, Dwayne
New Friend
Great Moms
Constellation Quiz
Protect Her
Ride home
Protection
Letters
Blizzard
Hot Chocolate
Pillows
Shivers
Art Class
Portals
Strange Liquid
Secrets
Graphtyc
Masked Men
Daddy Daughter Talk
Finally Back
Tunnels
The Flower
Stirring Patterns
Distraction
Walking a Tightrope
Automaton Attack
All My Fault
Ready as I'll Ever Be
Flickering
Invitation
You Can Count on Me
Cupcakes
Go Big or Go Home
Quiet Night
I Do Adore
Money Solution
Spiders
Missing
Secret Plans
Wedding Crashers
The Weasel Returns
Bees
The Collector
Goodwill Event
The Gopher Grab
Late Night Talks
The Package
Meeting Fate
Surprise
Entering the Forest
Story Time
Taking a Chance
Manipulation
Waiting
Cursed Teapot
The View From Up Here
Egg Thief
Vigor the Visionary
Wheel of Fortune
Blood of the Coven
The Spire and the Box
Friends on the Other Side
To the Spire
Offerings and Scroll Pieces
Shipwrecked
It's Tough to be a God
Fire Trouble
The Beginning of a Love Story
Hookfoot's Magical Date
Little Pumpkin
According to Plan
Sadness Brings Happiness
Sea Shanties
Avast Ye
Screams
Lazy Morning
Cleansing and Counter Curses
Moose Teeth
The Eye of Pincosta
The Big Match
Wand Beats Karate
Mixing Incantations
The Great Tree Attack
Livin' the Dream
Wild Dance Off
Uncomfortable Atmosphere
Day One
Everything Stays
A Place to Stay
Mirror Image
Spinning Top
Shadow
Puppies
Where Are They?
Obvious
With You By My Side
Would He?
Unfinished Business
Sequel???
Just A Hunch

Bubblegum

1K 20 10
By boxxieofbox

I woke up and sat up stretching. Sunny meowed and jumped into my lap purring. He rubbed his cheek against mine and I scratched behind his ears and under his chin. I opened my mouth to say good morning to him to feel something oozing out passed my lips. I quickly closed my mouth and leaned forward and opened my mouth again to see orange filling my hand. 'Okay that's embarrassing. So it actually meant oozing from the mouth. I thought it was being figurative.' I thought to myself.

Sunny meowed and rubbed against my cheek once more. I hummed softly and picked him up. I placed him on the ground and uncovered the large mirror in the caravan. I tapped my chin and smiled only to close my mouth as pink and blue started to drip down the corners of my mouth. I stared at myself before snapping my fingers and pink surrounded my body. Once it disappeared it revealed me in a pastel pink dress, a small black corset, and a shear black skirt over the pink. On my feet were a pair of long black leather boots with a small heel.

I covered the mirror with a cleansed cloth and looked up to see Rapunzel and Cassandra still asleep. Sunny rubbed against my boots and went onto his hind legs and stretched up scratching my legs a little bit. I picked him up and placed him in a basket. I grabbed a tea pot, cups, and different things I might need placing them carefully in the basket. I picked up the basket and quietly left the caravan. I looked around and noticed I was the only one that was awake.

I started a small fire and started boiling my water for tea. While I waited, Sunny joined me in searching through all of our food. I grabbed an orange. I made my way back to the water to see it wasn't ready yet. I peeled the orange and placed the peel aside to use later. I after most of the orange and buried the last small piece in the ground. I prepared some peppermint, jasmine, cinnamon, mugwort, and a few different seeds for the tea.

I picked up a small jar that was full of honey from Quaid as well as a small spoon. I dipped my finger in the honey and placed a little on my bottom lip. 'Honey on the bottom lip to speak sweetly.' I thought to myself and watched as the water boiled. I placed all of the ingredients into the teapot and poured the hot water into it. I took a rose petal and put honey on it and let the wind pick it up from my hand. I watched as it blew away. 'Offering to nature.'

I was waiting as the tea steeped when I heard the caravan door open quietly. Out ran a raccoon and Varian with what looked like a journal. Ruddiger ran around causing some things to fall over and Varian quickly caught him. "Ruddiger, you have to be quiet." He said and I giggled while covering my mouth. Varian's eyes locked with mine and he smiled. "What are you doing up so early, milady?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders before patting the spot next to me. He quickly sat down next to me and I checked on the tea I was making.

"What are you making?" He asked and I quickly picked up a small journal from my basket before flipping to a page. I handed it to him as I stirred the tea counter clockwise. "Herbal tea to enhance psychic abilities. Mugwort, jasmine, peppermint, cinnamon, anise seeds, celery seeds, and an orange peel. Let seep and stir counter clockwise. Serve each cup with a spoon full of honey." He read aloud and I started pouring a glass of tea for both of us. Varian was about to turn the page when Sunny jumped onto the journal making him stop. I picked up Sunny and the book placing them both back in the basket.

I put a spoonful of honey into both of our cups and stirred counterclockwise. I handed Varian one of the cups and he carefully took while I sat next to him. "Thank you, milady." He said and I nodded carefully taking a sip of my tea. Varian sipped on his tea as he opened his own journal and handed me his cup to hold while he wrote in it. Sunny soon came over to lay in my lap and Ruddiger climbed up my back and went around my shoulders.

I finished my tea and pet Sunny with my free hand. Every so often Varian would carefully take the cup from my hand and take a sip before handing it back to me. Once he'd finished I placed the cup next to mine and tapped his journal wanting to know what he was working on. "O-oh um...I've been thinking of other ways I can get my dad out of the amber when we get back." He said and I nodded. "You haven't talked to me at all this morning. Are you okay? Are you sick?" He asked and I gave him a closed mouthed smile and shook my head no.

Varian was about to say something when the caravan door opened and the others pulled out of it all groggy and tired. I picked up Sunny and placed him where I was sitting and started pouring cups for everyone. They all thanked me and I sat back down next to Varian placing my head on his shoulder as I watched him write. He would go between several different pages that had different inventions for different things and added onto them. 'He's had a lot on his mind lately. Not exist his dad either.' I thought to myself as I stared down at what he was working on.

"How does that sound you two?" Rapunzel said and Varian and I both looked up to her confused. "You weren't paying attention were you?" Eugene asked and I shook my head no while Varian rubbed the back of his neck. "N-no sorry." He said and Rapunzel giggled. "That's alright. There's a town nearby and we're all going to go and get some supplies. Can you both stay here and watch the caravan?" Rapunzel asked and I nodded with a soft closed mouth smile. "Great! We'll be back later!" Rapunzel said and we watched as the others all left.

"What would my lovely lady like to do today?" Varian asked and I shrugged my shoulders before pointing at him trying to ask what he wanted to do. "Well I would like you to talk to me today." He said raising an eyebrow and I crossed my arms into an X to tell him no. He sighed and threw me over his shoulder and made his way back into the caravan. "S-Sapphs! Put me down!" I said hitting his back and watched as blue flowed out of my mouth and onto the ground. "Oh so you can talk?" Varian said and I could hear the smirk on his lips.

He placed me down and we were in his small area of the caravan. I patted down my dress and gave Varian a soft glare while he had a smirk on his lips. We both had our arms crossed as we stared at each other. "I know you can talk, milady. Now what do you wanna do today?" He asked and I only pointed at him while he stared at me confused. "If I decide what we do will you talk to me?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders looking down at the ground. He sighed before grabbing a few things and handed me a couple things to carry as well. "I've noticed that the caravan has been sort of, how do I put it, falling apart? I think that we should try and make it better than new." He said and I nodded.

We grabbed everything he'd need and headed outside to start fixing everything that was broken on the caravan. Varian sat down on the ground and went under where the steps of the caravan were. He asked me to hand him tools and would sometimes messing up on what he wanted, but he was always patient with me. Ruddiger ended up helping me and Sunny got in the way of what Varian was doing. Varian would talk to me and I'd nod or shake my head when he asked me questions if he could see me. If he couldn't I would just reply normally.

"Where do you think we're even headed to? I know it's Rapunzel's destiny, but none of us know what her destiny even is. For all we know we could be following her into our doom." Varian said and he glanced at me from under the caravan and I shrugged my shoulders causing him to let out a huff. He went farther under the caravan and out of my sight. "I mean no one really knows what's going to happen to all of us after this." He said from under the caravan and I heard a small hiss as well. Varian came out from under the caravan holding Sunny and he had a small scratch on his cheek.

"Hold this for me will you?" He asked as he glared at Sunny and I covered my mouth as I laughed as he went back under the caravan. I held Sunny and he purred before climbing over me and jumping back down on the ground. "He's coming back isn't he?" Varian asked and I giggled. "Yeah sorry." I said and purple went passed my lips. "How come you only talk when I can't see you? Did a spell go wrong and you switched bodies with Sunny?" He asked and I laughed as more purple poured from my mouth. "No although that would be a fun story." I said and Ruddiger started handing him tools he asked for.

Varian was working fixing the hatches that lead up to the roof of the caravan. They often squeaked and one was falling off. He was currently working on the rusting hinges and I was watching him while on the roof. I was laying in my stomach and he was on a ladder inside the caravan. "Milady...can I ask you a question?" He asked and looked into my eyes. I nodded and he sighed. "Is...is there any magical way to erase someone's memory?" He asked softly and I tilted my head to the side confused. "I-it's just...no one in the group really trusts me. A-and I know what I did was really bad, and I feel horrible about it all. My head wasn't in the right place, and maybe if everyone forgets about it...then...we can all be real friends again." Varian said and his eyes showed just how much this was bothering him.

I turned so I was laying on my back and I heard Varian sigh as I left his sight. "I won't lie to you Varian. There is a way. There are wands made specifically to erase people's memories, but that's not the best solution. It's an easy fix and life doesn't work like that. If you really want to be happy and move on from everything that happened, you need to talk to her." I said and looked up at the clear sky. "What if she doesn't want to talk to me? What if we just stay like this?! Just seeing each other and acknowledging that the other exists! I-I don't think I can handle this anymore." He said and I knew he was about to continue when I cut him off.

"Then talk to her. Besides this is Rapunzel we're talking about! She probably just doesn't know how or when to bring it up. I'm sure she still even views you as a friend, Varian. I understand that you don't want to make anything worse, but you can't just magic everyone's memory away and hope for the best. The guilt will catch up to you and eat you alive and if you try to tell someone about it they most likely won't believe you or he even more upset." I said and I turned to look back down at him to see him staring down at the caravan floor. I reached my hand out and ran it through his messy hair. "You really think she'll forgive me? After everything I've done?" He asked looking up at me with soft sad baby blue eyes. I gave him a soft nod and my hand ran through his hair.

He went up a couple steps on the ladder so his head was through the hatch right in front of mine. His gloved hand went to my cheek and I felt a blush cover my cheeks from how close we were. He slowly pulled me towards him and I glanced between his lips and his eyes. Our lips touched and I smiled softly into the kiss.

It wasn't long before he pulled away and smacked his lips looking away from me. His was thinking hard before his eyes widened. "You're seriously not talking to me because you have bubblegum and don't want to share?!" He asked and I tilted my head to the side confused. He raised his hands up in defense as he looked at me. "It's fine I didn't want any anyways!" He said before going down the ladder and going back to what he was doing before. I turned away from the hatch and opened my mouth to see pink and stared at it. 'I guess pink magic tastes like bubblegum.'

It had been a few hours and Varian had fixed up everything that was wrong with the caravan. "Can you please talk to me?" He asked me with big puppy dog eyes and I almost broke. Almost. I crossed my arms and shook my head no. "Why not?" He asked whining and I shrugged my shoulders. "Fine if you won't talk to me the easy way, we'll do it the hard way." Varian said with a smirk on his lips and my eyes widened. He slowly walked closer to me and I back up before making a run for it around the caravan.

"You did this to yourself, milady!" Varian said as he chased after me. I waved my hand above my head and I appeared on the roof of the caravan. I watched as Varian looked both ways before looking up. "Really? Now that's not fair!" He yelled before running inside the caravan. "No one said that we had to play fair!" I yelled wiping the orange from my mouth and jumping into the caravan once he was on the roof. I ran out of it and tried to make a break for it when I was tackled to the ground.

Varian and I rolled and he was on top of me pinning my hands next to my head. "Last chance, milady." He said with a smirk playing in his lips and I shook my head no trying to get him off of me. "Oookkaay I did warn you." Varian said and he pulled both of my hands up so one of his hands could wrap around both of my wrists. I felt my cheeks heat up after realizing the position we were in and I stared up at him with big eyes. His now free hand went down to my side and started tickling me.

I started thrashing around trying to get away from him as he continued his tickle torture. "Come on, milady. You know you want to talk to me." He said in a teasing tone as I shook my head no and tried to keep my mouth shut. I started laughing and I felt magic oozing out of my mouth. "O-Okay! I give up! S-stop tickling m-me!" I yelled laughing and Varian's hands left me and I panted as I stared up at him giggling lightly and magic came out from the corners of my mouth.

"U-um...I hate to alarm you, but you have, um..." Varian said pointing to the side of his mouth and I nodded. "One of the things that can happen while I gain control is magic oozing from the mouth." I said and closed my mouth and wiped away the magic around my mouth. Varian got off of me and pulled me up. "I-I'm sorry for not talking to you a lot today. It's just...embarrassing." I said looking down and Varian's gloved hand cupped my cheek. "I'm sorry for doing what I did. I just wanted you to talk to me and you weren't talking to me unless I couldn't see you." He said and I smiled. "It's okay! I probably would have done the same thing." I said and he nodded. "We're back!" I heard Rapunzel yell and I quickly wiped my mouth and turned to face her and the others.

"Just so you guys know, (Y/n)'s voice is gone for the day. So if you need anything ask me." Varian said and turned to me and winked. I felt a blush cover my cheeks and the others nodded. "Oh no! I know just the thing to make you feel better!" Rapunzel said about to drag me away when Varian stepped in between us. "Don't worry it's already been taken care of. She put together one of her healing spells and should be back better than every by tomorrow." He said and Rapunzel nodded. Varian held my hand and we went inside the caravan with the others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4.6K 44
Complete! I Hear A Symphony ✔- A Varian X Reader Story As the younger sister of Rapunzel, your parents were strict. Your sister had been taken as a...
540 0 45
(UNDER REVISION) Dear Journal, Flower gleam and glow, End this destiny, When I started this journey Shine into the dark, And let the darkness grow, I...
13.1K 459 15
[Newsies Crossover] Visiting the kingdom of Neserdia in France, the king and queen of Corona finalize trade deals with King Joseph and Queen Erica of...
22.2K 552 25
━━━ 夢見るような " INDULGE IN DAYDREAMS. " 彡★ preferences & imagines ; a bunch of stories about my favorite alchemist, varian. ꒰ requests are CLOSED ꒱