A New York City Dream ~ Eliza...

Por grw255nyc

Y/N is just a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. One day she esc... Más

Parks and Strangers
Nicknames & Hobbies
Texts & Obsessions
Secrets & Escapes
City Lights & Subways
Students & Sisters
Air Matressess & Iron Man
Waffles & Dancing
Breaks & Sweatshirts
Music & Groceries
Dancing & Chicken
Math & Spam Messages
Cleaning & Shopping Bags
Vessel Views & Subway Talks
Gym & Jim
Teasing & Selfies
Fights & Rumors
Morning Snuggles & Rooftops
Confessions & Kisses
Morning Kisses & Conversation
Boats & Bikes
Plans & Rules
Outfits & Hips
Confidence & The Interview
Dinner Plans & Moodiness
Laundry & Insecurities
Grinding & Drinks
Hangovers & Serenading
Playlists & Breaking the Rules
Turtles & Lists
Emotions & Solutions
Comfort Show & Hickeys
Avengers & Chocolate Cake
Buttons & Tongues
Fingers & Strawberries
Adoration & Showering
Magical Fingers & Realizations
Love & Roof Fun
Flight & FaceTime
Tattoos & Chaos
Flowers & Tension
Wrists & Dimples
Mom & Little Italy
Presents & Promises
Apartments & Movie Marathons
Mood Swings & Massages
Articles & Fallon
TSA & Flight Naps
Exploration & Bath Time
Recap & Soulmates
Stonghenge & Dinner
Fight & Flight
Home & Reassurance
Week 1: Soho & Shopping
Week 2: Transitions & Movie Night
Week 3: Museum & Memories
Week 4: Olsens & Approval
Week 5: Tattoos & Packing
Dreams & Reality
Author's Note

Poetry & Picnics

22.3K 747 550
Por grw255nyc

Y/N POV
I finish up my meeting a little while later, while Lizzie continues her mission to read every one of my poetry books. She's currently reading Home body, by Rupi Kaur. I've noticed she will softly murmur some words to herself and it's the cutest thing I've ever witnessed. As I'm finishing up some work I play the playlist I've been playing for her since the grocery store visit. I notice her foot sway side to side in response. I notice way too much about her.

Oh so Protective One starts playing as I finish up my last task. I push away from my desk and turn to face her. She peeks up from the book in her hand, smiles then continues to read. I get up and use the bathroom then flop down onto my bed.

"Tired?" She questions. I grunt in response. "This song sounds like it should be in dirty dancing." She comments. I hum and sit up. I start walking towards her with my hands outstretched towards her. She quirks an eyebrow then sighs when she realizes what I'm doing. "More dancing?" she whines. I take the book out of her hand and she grumbles but allows me to pull her up. I pull her close to me, our usual position with my arm around her lower back and her hand gripped onto my shoulder feels natural at this point as we start swaying to the music.

"It could also be a song in grease," I comment. "The baseline reminds me of those magic changes" I share. I love comparing music. She hums in response and rests her forearm on my shoulder snaking her fingers into the baby hairs on the back of my neck. A shiver runs down my spine but I ignore it. We simply sway back and forth to the music, no silliness of me twirling her around. The song eventually ends and I'm the one to pull away. "Would you like to join me for a walk, Miss Olsen?" I ask softly, looking into her beautiful eyes. She nods softly and we both get our shoes on and grab our necessities. I hand her one AirPod and we head out listening to music and walking in silence. It gives my mind time to wander about tomorrow and how meeting her sisters will go. We naturally make it back to my apartment and instinctually guide each other through the doors that lead us to my apartment. She returns to her book on the couch and I take a shower.

After a lovely dinner made by my guest, we both settle into my bed to watch a couple of episodes of The Office. I end up falling asleep, beat from the long week. I wake up disoriented and confused and feel the same weight as yesterday morning on my chest. Oh, we cuddled again. I shut off my alarm and look down at the sleeping woman nestled into my side. I smile softly, she's absolutely beautiful. Her sharp cheekbones and soft eyelashes are the only features I can see, but it's like her soul emits this beautiful aura at all times. I'm incredibly infatuated with this woman.

"Staring is rude you know" she states softly, her voice crackling in a sleepy tone. I blush softly, busted.

"I can't help but stare at beautiful people," I state simply. Her hand moves to rub her eyes before they connect with mine. I smile softly and whisper out a small hi.

"We fell asleep." She realizes and I nod in response."Do you have to get up?" She questions softly, wrapping her arm back around my stomach. She snuggles closer to me awaiting my answer.

"Hm, I do, but I'm comfy here." She hums in response, her eyes closing again. I move my hand up to rest on her jaw, softly rubbing her cheek.

"Time to get up Angel" I whisper to her, She grumbles out a no and it makes me smile. She's usually ready to go in the morning before I even wake up. I run my fingers through her hair pushing it back off her face, then rest my hand back on her side.

"Hey, that felt nice." She pouts softly, eyes still closed but bottom lip jutted out. I sigh in response. I would do anything for her, but I really have to get up.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I have to get up." She sighs in response and rolls off of me snuggling into the pillow on the other side of her instead. What a bed hog. I get ready for work and log into the morning meeting I have. The rest of the day is boring. Meetings make up my Fridays, hence why I go to the park every week. Lizzie gets up at some point and makes food that I devour easily, then she's back to reading. I wonder if she gets bored while I have to work. Sometimes she goes on walks or does work on her phone. She now has her computer that she picked up from her sisters, but she's neglected opening it today. I shut my computer aggressively and mock one of my more annoying coworkers. I hear a soft giggle and turn to see Lizzie laughing at my antics. "You ready for our park date?" I question.

"It's a date?" She questions.

"Of course it is, I'm going on a picnic date with the Olsen twins, this is the best day of my life." I joke back at her covering up how much I want to take her out on a date. That will never happen.

"Oh," she softly states, her eyes flickering to her shuffling feet, "makes sense." She continues as she gets up to get ready. I look at her in confusion, that was a weird reaction. I was expecting an eye roll at least. Once we are both ready, I hand Lizzie her AirPod and off we go to the subway. As usual, she stays close with her huge sunglasses and my baseball cap on her head. "Can you play that October song?" She requests. I nod and find it for her to play it. We make it to Central Park and I grab a hold of her hand since it tends to get busy at this time and I don't want to lose her. I take off my backpack once we get to the spot in front of my usual bench and start setting up the picnic. Lizzie made sandwiches and I packed other snacks and drinks too. We put our shoes on each of the four corners and she settles in next to me once everything is set.

"Did you send your sisters our location?" She nods in reply studying me. "What?" I question.

"You seem calm, I was expecting some excited rambling." She smirks.

"Oh, I am freaking out on the inside. I just hope they like me, and for that to happen I have to just be me. Not some crazy fan that will scream you got it dude at them." I joke back at her.

"But you are crazy?" She teases. And I playfully push her away. She scans the area and I lay back on the blanket taking in the sunlight and slight breeze. I'm wearing sunglasses today too so I don't burn my eyeballs out. Lizzie may have suggested them since she got recognized here already and doesn't want me to get hounded by anyone for being out with her. It's sweet that she cares. I rest my head on my hands and cross my ankles, waiting for her sisters to arrive. "Comfy?" She asks quietly. I hum in response, glancing over at her. She's looking off in the distance so I allow myself to let my gaze wander. Is it even possible that she gets more beautiful every day? She perks up and I slowly sit up realizing she must have spotted her sisters. She stands and waves at them and I take a deep breath. Alright, no need to be nervous. It's fine. Everything is fine. I stand beside her smiling.

She turns to me placing her hand in the middle of my stomach looking for my gaze that eventually meets hers. "You ready?" She asks with a smile. I smile back and nod before pushing the butterflies in my stomach away.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"You'll be fine" she assures me. I nod in response. Her sisters finally approach us and take their masks off revealing their smiles. I smile back as Lizzie moves over to give them hugs. I reach a hand out to I think, Ashley to introduce myself.

"Hi, I'm Y/N, its lovely to meet you." She takes a hold of my hand and I softly kiss her knuckles bending slightly. Is it old-fashioned? Maybe, but a part of me really wants her sisters to like me. I see her eyebrows shoot up in response.

"Likewise, Y/N. You're sweet." Ashley responds. I nod softly in thanks giving her a half-smile. She's brought into a hug so I shift my attention to Mary-Kate and repeat the process. She seems equally surprised and I momentarily feel embarrassed.

"Wow Lizzie, she's adorable." Mary-Kate lets her sister know. I bit my lip and shuffle on my feet awkwardly as my face flushes even more. Lizzie says something I don't catch and they begin sitting down so I follow suit making sure there's room for everyone. I find myself closer to Lizzie compared to before. I rub my palms up and down my pant legs trying to calm my nerves. Lizzie leans close to my ear and whispers a soft "Relax" before turning to my bag. She gets out the sandwiches and snacks. I help her and ask the twins what they'd like to drink, passing over a couple of waters once they let me know.

"So, Y/N, we've heard a lot about you" Ashley starts, and I look up at her then over to Lizzie. It makes me smile and I relax slightly.

"Only good things I hope" I tease and she smiles nodding.

"I don't think there were any complaints about you at all actually," Mary-Kate adds in a teasing tone. I realize I can still hear soft music and pluck out the AirPod from Lizzie's ear, tucking some of her hair behind it before returning the pods to the case and stuffing it into my bag. I turn back and see a couple of smirks thrown my way. I glance at Lizzie and she seems to be blushing. Uh, did I miss something?

"So, how long have you lived in the city?" Ashley asks, taking a bite of her sandwich allowing me to answer.

"A little over a year now, although I've lived in dorms for the past 4 years for school." I offer up and continue eating.

"Oh wow, you're young!" Ashley observes. I hum in response nodding a little because my mouth is full of food.

"Yes, she's in her twenties and has her life together, would you let the poor girl eat?" Lizzie cuts in and I give her a grateful smile. Why do I feel like I'm being interrogated? I mean they are being kind, but the nerves I can feel from Lizzie make me nervous too.
______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N Will Y/N find her chill? Nah probably not.

(I gave up on editing back in chapter 2)

Edited 5/19

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

6.7K 286 14
Life hasn't been that easy on Y/N since her teenage years: losing her mother who was one of the brightest broadway actress of her generation, an unkn...
512K 12.1K 73
Elizabeth Olsen x Fem!Reader one shots. Requests encouraged! 18+ for mature content. 🏅#9 in the ElizabethOlsen tag, thank you all so much!! 🏅#1 in...
443K 21.5K 61
Y/N meets Elizabeth Olsen in her first week at NYU and instantly becomes enamored by the girl. While Lizzie studies acting, Y/N studies music composi...
54.2K 1.8K 21
Y/N is the daughter of a famous director. After a breakup, she decides to return home to California where she meets Scarlett Johansson and Elizabeth...