A Prince of Dathomir (Darth M...

By Kimageddon

Darth Maul's fate was all but set the moment Darth Sidious stole the child away from Dathomir. He was indoctr... More

Memory - Part 1
Memory - Part 2
Dreams - Part 1
Dreams - Part 2
Intent - Part 1
Intent - Part 2
Conviction - Part 1
Conviction - Part 2
Contracted - Part 1
Contracted - Part 2
First - Part 2
Reputation - Part 2
Reputation - Part 2
Concordia - Part 1
Concordia - Part 2
Reunion - Part 1
Reunion - Part 2
Fate - Part 1
Fate - Part 2
Training - Part 1
Training - Part 2
Apprentice - Part 1
Apprentice - Part 2
Update of Chapter Edits
Tested - Part 1
Tested - Part 2
Disobedience - Part 1
Disobedience - Part 2
Padawan - Part 1
Padawan - Part 2
Kaitis - Part 1
Kaitis - Part 2
Reconnect - Part 1
Reconnect - Part 2
Enslaved - Part 1
Enslaved - Part 2
Broken - Part 1
Broken - Part 2
Emancipation - Part 1
Emancipation - Part 2
Return - Part 1
Return - Part 2
Recovery - Part 1
Recovery - Part 2
Clouded - Part 1
Clouded - Part 2
Kamino - Part 1
Kamino - Part 2
Madness - Part 1
Madness - Part 2
Signal - Part 1
Signal - Part 2
Q&A - 50 Chapter Celebration
Lost - Part 1
Lost - Part 2
Home - Part 1
Home - Part 2
Brothers - Part 1
Brothers - Part 2
Duel - Part 1
Duel - Part 2
Ritual - Part 1
Ritual - Part 2
Successor - Part 1
Successor - Part 2
Arrangements - Part 1
Arrangements - Part 2
Infiltrated - Part 1
Infiltrated - Part 2
Bide - Part 1
Bide - Part 2
Sleeper - Part 1
Sleeper - Part 2
War - Part 1
War - Part 2
Instructor - Part 1
Instructor - Part 2
Phantoms - Part 1
Phantoms - Part 2
Amends - Part 1
Amends - Part 2
Proven - Part 1
Proven - Part 2
Radical - Part 1
Radical - Part 2
Sister - Part 1
Sister - Part 2
Downtime - Part 1
Downtime - Part 2
Consequences - Part 1
Consequences - Part 2
Guilt - Part 1
Guilt - Part 2
Invasion - Part 1
Invasion - Part 2
Mistakes - Part 1
Mistakes - Part 2
Escaped - Part 1
Escaped - Part 2
Together - Part 1
Q&A - 100 Chapter Celebration!
Together - Part 2
Afterglow - Part 1
Afterglow - Part 2
Junked - Part 1
Junked - Part 2
Nightsisters - Part 1
Nightsisters - Part 2
Selection - Part 1
Selection - Part 2
Monster - Part 1
Monster - Part 2
Witches - Part 1
Witches - Part 2
Shockwaves - Part 1
Shockwaves - Part 2
Family - Part 1
Family - Part 2
Hunt - Part 1
Hunt - Part 2
3 Year Anniversary Q&A
Interference - Part 1

First - Part 1

293 17 6
By Kimageddon

The next morning it seemed that the hunters did not need to go find her, as she was already up and her room vacant by dawn. She admired the sunrise from a high vantage point, it was so different than being at home. The red fog and twisting flora was not here, it was simple and common forests in the distance, and plains stretching to the horizon. She munched on one of the dried meat sticks she had snagged from what she assumed was the mess hall. It wasn't too bad, if a little tough.

It was a lot longer than she was used to before noticing movement over the compound once more. Eventually the drunken asses of Hondo's men dragged themselves up and about, lazily beginning their duties and struggling through their hangovers. She chuckled as she watched one of the pirates languish over how much he had lost the night before to one of his friends. When he looked over at her, she just flashed a white grin, her sharp canines glinting in the morning light. He rolled his eyes, deciding it not worth messing with her, or he still felt too messed up to do anything about it.

Hondo found her a short while later, wearing his usual white shirt and brown vest, helmet and goggles.

"So, little one," He chirped, clapping his hands together. "Are you ready to start your first venture as a bounty hunter?" He asked, a smirk on his lips. Zaiya nodded enthusiastically.

"I look forward to getting some hands-on knowledge." She stated with a grin. He let out a short laugh and placed a hand on her shoulder, guiding her with him to the ship. She wondered why he seemed so friendly this morning, perhaps she was appearing useful to him. Well, if that were the case, then she would keep it up.

---

It was within the hour that Adaji had been dragged out of his bed by Bane and the four of them were all aboard the ship. They did have a droid with them this time, a squat little service droid that talked, unlike the cleaning droids that just beeped at her. The little bunny looking robot bounced as it walked, though it seemed uncomfortable by how the Nightsister, again in her own form, stared at it.

"She does that." Was the only thing Hondo told the droid as they had prepped takeoff.

It was an exciting moment, though memories of her friend, visions of red and black in her dreams still haunted her. She knew he was in trouble, but part of her knew he was alright in a way. She continued to reach out in the dreams, to try and prepare him for her arrival. She wanted to go to Coruscant at once, but she knew she needed more skills when it came to the galaxy itself. The great Mother had told her to train, and she would have to do so. She loathed to wait but... if she was going to reach him properly, she had to be patient. Something she was rapidly running out of.

---

The trip was smooth and calm, thank the Goddess, but a little boring. Cad Bane of all people was the one to teach her about blasters and the quality of them, disassembling one and showing her the parts. She pawed over them curiously, seeing how they fit together, and learning what the difference was between a good and a poor quality blaster. After a while of showing her the different pieces, he had her put it back together. With amusement, he noticed she picked up things quickly, and for all her messing about with the pirates and cute reactions to hot chocolate, she seemed to have a decent head on her shoulders. There seemed to be a drive in her that meant she was dedicated and not a total fool, despite her age. In fact, he was willing to play a game with her, and timed her on her skills on taking the blaster apart and reassembling it. Luckily for him it was a spare, so he wasn't having to rely on her skills, though it seemed that wasn't much of a worry as after a few times, a few mistakes and do-overs, she got her time down significantly, even beating him once. She seemed to be someone that he could count on to have his back... and fatten his purse if her gambling skills were anything to go by. With the disguise ability as well, she would make for a great spy. He just had to be sure she could fight.

Adaji had her practise on the ships guns, and while he was a far better shot, she picked up the skill quickly, adjusting from her bow skills to the cannons after a few misses and watching the movements of the target through space as opposed to a planet's atmosphere as well as the rate of fire of the cannon. She picked it up quickly, proving to be a good shot.

"It seems the only thing we have to see for ourselves, is how well you do under pressure." Hondo commented after one of the practise sessions.

"Well.." Zaiya began thoughtfully, "I have been on hunts, though that is different from other people, so I can't say." Her hand lingered on her chin for a moment in thought.

"You're strangely insightful for an infant." Hondo mused with a tilt of his head.

"I am not an infant!" Zaiya responded hotly, tired of the little barbs.

"Oh yeah? What are you then? Ten?" Adaji added, chuckling at the pouting face she made.

"I'm... hang on..." She paused, adding up the numbers in her head, then having to convert the number into Galactic Standard Years. "... Thirteen... I think?"

"You don't know?" Hondo laughed.

"When's your birthday?" the Mandalorian questioned.

"Birthday? Uh... I was born in... the cold season..." She began.

"No, as in what day do you celebrate it?"

"Why would I celebrate it?" She retorted with a tilted head. The human looked almost aghast and Zaiya rolled her eyes. "Oh don't tell me your people have a party every Standard year you age? Isn't that tedious?"

"No parties, no birthdays... and they call my people savages--" Ohnaka began, but the mood in the room shifted suddenly as a glare was leveled at the weequay. How dare he insult her people. The tension froze the conversation, and it wasn't until Bane stepped in that things relaxed a little.

"Not all peoples share the same customs, Ohnaka, you know that." He scoffed. Hondo looked between Bane and Zaiya again, not sure why that feeling of dread had come over him so suddenly. It did seem to be fading however. After a tense few seconds, he threw up his hands.

"Whatever! It is not important, in a few cycles we will arrive at our destination, no point in getting into petty squabbles. I am making myself a cup of kaf!" He announced and wandered past them into the kitchen.

Zaiya followed him with her blue eyes, letting out a pouty little huff, having nothing to add to the conversation.

"Get me one while you're at it!" Adaji called over his shoulder, going back to the data pad he was perusing before the topic came up. Well... now this was awkward.

About ten minutes later the service droid, of whom Zaiya had nicknamed 'Bunny' came waddling over, it distributed a hot cup of kaf to both Adaji and Bane, but the third cup had a now familiar scent coming from it.

[Here.] The droid spoke, it's electronic voice box crackling slightly.

Zaiya eyed the cup suspiciously, then her gaze flicked back to Hondo who had reentered with his own cup and was decidedly not looking at her. Her eyes narrowed slightly but she gently took the cup from the tray with one hand, petting Bunny atop his little cold metallic head softly. It let out a tiny chirp of joy at the sign of affection, having grown more accustomed to her over the past few cycles. The mood in the room changed again, but this time she swore she could feel them smirking at her.

"Shut up." She huffed quietly, still pouting as she took a sip of the delicious beverage. Adaji cracked first, letting out a tiny snort which he rapidly tried to cover, but there was no hiding it. The three bounty hunters, deadly men of the galaxy, were hiding their sniggers from a little girl.

---

With the situation smoothed, the trip again became an educational one. Without much else of an incident, their arrival on Toydaria was one of no notice, landing at a spaceport on the southern hemisphere of the planet. The four disembarked, Zaiya disguising herself as a human child again.

Bane had already explained in more detail on the ship. The area they were headed was a rather run down area of the city Grent. They first had to meet the contact to get more information in person so as not to be traceable. They had to make a stop at a local dive, apparently the client could not go off world for reasons he had not been willing to share.

Zaiya was curious as usual about their surroundings, but tried not to make her staring too obvious. The cloak did something to cover her features, and she was working on her disguise skill so as to make herself older, or look like a different race. It seemed mostly the humanoid races were at her skill level, so she could not yet make herself look like a Toydarian if she wished, the most varied she could do so far was a Togruta or a Twi'lek. Still, she was improving all the time, and managed to make herself look less fresh-faced this time. With this gap in her skills, she had to wonder if this is why her mother had not wanted her to leave the planet yet. She shook her head inwardly, this was not the time, she had a mission to focus on. 

---

Notes: 

Hello my lovely readers! 

I am very VERY excited about Bad Batch coming out tomorrow, and in celebration, I will be releasing TWO chapters this week! Chapter 6 - First is a big moment for Zaiya and because I want to celebrate Star Wars, I want to release it close together.

As always, the entire chapter is available for download a week before the release on my Patreon: patreon.com/misskima
I also have a piece of art I commissioned for the story posted on there and when I get a chance to draw, I will be drawing sketches of the characters.

I am in need of an editor still so let me know if you are one/know of one.

I love comments, I welcome questions if you have any. I won't release spoilers but if you want to ask the characters anything OC, I will see if they will answer questions!

Thank you again for reading and I would love a comment or a like or favourite or a share! I love to know if people are enjoying my work!

As a celebration, I have dragged in a few characters to say hello!

Bane: Am I getting paid for this?
We-well yes...?
Bane: (grumbles) I'd better.
Zaiya: Well isn't this cute. You have invited me for a panel? There is not much I say to outsiders.
Hondo: Well *I* for one am happy to talk to your lovely readers, they obviously have good taste if they have come to talk to *me* after all! I have *hundreds* of stories to tell... so many of them true...!
Uh, yes well... for the first question - What is your favourite food?
Bane: Really? That's all you have? This is a waste of my time. (gets up and leaves)
Uhm... crap... uh- Zaiya! What about you?
Zaiya: (grins) The hearts of my enemies.
Hondo: ... (scoots away from her)
...
Hondo: *Well*! As for me, you know it is hard to say, there are *so many* places I like to go... Not just the *pretentious* places on Coruscant, but the *little* places, out of the way, you know? There is a *wonderful* little place on Nar Shadda--
Anyway! Since there seems to be only two of you, uh... what is your favourite place to visit?
Zaiya: (stares in deadpan) ...are you serious?
Hondo: Oh! There is a *charming* place on Eufornis Minor... the girls at that establishment--
Okay! Well... I should have expected that. Last question - who is your favourite Jedi?
Zaiya: If I met one, I might be able to answer that. (gets up) Bane had the right idea (leaves swiftly)
Hondo: Oh that is a shame, but since you asked, let me tell you about the time I was boarded by one of these *mysterious warriors*! I was travelling with my *trusted crew* and then suddenly--
Alright well that's all we have time for folks!
Hondo: Now wait a minute--
Join us later in the week for more updates!
Hondo: This is not good business!
This is the May!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.4K 1K 43
This is the old, unedited version of Vader's Lost Daughter. A galaxy gripped in turmoil. The Galactic Senate has fallen, and in its place, The Empire...
851 29 10
what if Darth Sidious didn't exist in the Star Wars Galaxy what if a different entity took his place? This story follows the journey of a creature c...
584 18 12
Over the past few months, I have been developing an original Star Wars trilogy. Finally, it has come together in a brand new story. A brand new timel...
4K 48 4
Starkiller was an apprentice to darth vader, he would follow his commands without question, he would hunt jedi that survived the massacre and give in...