A New York City Dream ~ Eliza...

By grw255nyc

Y/N is just a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. One day she esc... More

Parks and Strangers
Nicknames & Hobbies
Texts & Obsessions
Secrets & Escapes
City Lights & Subways
Students & Sisters
Waffles & Dancing
Breaks & Sweatshirts
Music & Groceries
Dancing & Chicken
Math & Spam Messages
Cleaning & Shopping Bags
Vessel Views & Subway Talks
Gym & Jim
Poetry & Picnics
Teasing & Selfies
Fights & Rumors
Morning Snuggles & Rooftops
Confessions & Kisses
Morning Kisses & Conversation
Boats & Bikes
Plans & Rules
Outfits & Hips
Confidence & The Interview
Dinner Plans & Moodiness
Laundry & Insecurities
Grinding & Drinks
Hangovers & Serenading
Playlists & Breaking the Rules
Turtles & Lists
Emotions & Solutions
Comfort Show & Hickeys
Avengers & Chocolate Cake
Buttons & Tongues
Fingers & Strawberries
Adoration & Showering
Magical Fingers & Realizations
Love & Roof Fun
Flight & FaceTime
Tattoos & Chaos
Flowers & Tension
Wrists & Dimples
Mom & Little Italy
Presents & Promises
Apartments & Movie Marathons
Mood Swings & Massages
Articles & Fallon
TSA & Flight Naps
Exploration & Bath Time
Recap & Soulmates
Stonghenge & Dinner
Fight & Flight
Home & Reassurance
Week 1: Soho & Shopping
Week 2: Transitions & Movie Night
Week 3: Museum & Memories
Week 4: Olsens & Approval
Week 5: Tattoos & Packing
Dreams & Reality
Author's Note

Air Matressess & Iron Man

25.1K 740 368
By grw255nyc

Y/N POV
As we walk up to my building door I get nervous. Is my apartment clean? Will she like it? As my mind runs wild it's like she realizes my nerves.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" She questions softly, trying to meet my eyes.

"Uh, yeah, I'm good. Um. Let's head up, sorry if it's a mess, I don't really remember what state I left it in." I smile awkwardly as I find the right key.

"I don't care Y/N, I'm just thankful I've escaped the questioning for the night." She assures me as we walk up the two flights of stairs. We reach my door and I fiddle with my keys trying to unlock my door and hide my nerves. I finally get the door unlocked and push it open for her, gesturing for her to go inside. She slowly walks in her eyes scanning the small living room/kitchen. I watch as she patiently walks around the small space, taking in the pictures and other decorations of the space. I continue to observe her as I shrug off my jacket and hang it up. I walk up behind her and slowly help her take hers off too. It breaks her out of her observant state and she smiles, "Thanks, its cute and homey. I like it."

I smile back and turn to hang up her coat. "Well, Mi casa es su casa. Make yourself comfortable." I give her a quick tour. It's only a 1 bedroom so it doesn't take long.

"Here is the bathroom, if you need a shower or anything you can totally do that. This is the kitchen living room area of course. Um and then this is my bedroom. Which is fitting since it's made up of mostly my bed." I smile awkwardly, feeling a little embarrassed at the small apartment. Thankfully it was clean, I had cleaned it last night when I couldn't calm myself down from my day with her. I watch as she looks around the walls, at the trinkets on my desk, my messy bed and the sticker-covered desk drawers.

She turns and makes eye contact with me, "Obsession with stickers confirmed." She smirks.

I huff out a laugh and nod. She continues her look around pausing at a poster on my wall. Oh, I forgot that was there.

"You really do like Iron man huh? Where's your Wanda poster? I'm offended." She teases. I blush and scratch the back of my neck.

"I honestly forgot I had that up," I state simply, trying to hide my embarrassment.

Her eyes fall to a photo mural I have up and she gets closer to it, observing quietly. Once she's done she picks up a tiny Thor's hammer spinner from my desk and spins it around, smiling softly but doesn't say anything. She keeps playing with it as she sits on my bed and looks up at me watching her from the doorway. I raise an eyebrow at her in question.

"I like it, it's very you. Although, the amount of poetry books is surprising, I thought you were more of a STEM teacher than an English teacher with all the math puzzles on your desk." She tilts her head in question.

"I teach math, so you'd be correct. But, the only type of books that I enjoy have little words or lots of pictures. Hence the poetry obsession. " She nods in understanding. I notice her eyes sparkle in the light of the lamp I turned on and try to look away as her eyes continue to sweep around like she's trying to find out even more about me. My focus shifts to her hands, still fiddling with the spinner in her hold. It makes me smile. She perks up when her eyes land on something.

"You sing?"

I nod, "From time to time." I follow her gaze to the microphone set up and guitar leaning against my wall. My stomach twists and turns as she finds out more and more about me with her observant eyes. She's really smart, so I wouldn't be surprised if she unearths some of my deepest darkest secrets from a random thing in my room. "Do you need anything? I can get some food ready?" I ask calmly.

"Actually, can I do dinner? You got to pay for lunch, I think it's fair if I make dinner." She requests sweetly. I swear she widened her eyes to some subtle puppy dog eyes. How could I say no to her? I smile and nod.

"Of course angel, I don't have much to work with, but have at it." She jumps up and makes her way to my fridge scanning what I have.

"You need groceries." She opens the freezer and takes out a frozen pizza. "This will have to do, even though I wanted to make an actual dinner with my fantastic cooking skills." She teases. I turn to my closet and find some clean sheets and the air mattress.

"Yeah, yeah I know. My fridge is not to your liking got it." I reply as she opens up the box and finds what she needs in my kitchen.

I start changing my bed, making sure it's clean for her. There's no way am I going to make her sleep on an air mattress. I look over into the kitchen and smile at how comfortable she looks. As I finish up, she turns her attention back to me.

"What are you doing?" She questions, tilting her head. I repeat, a puppy.

"Making sure the bed is nice and clean for ya," I reply, straining a little to tuck in the last corner of the bottom sheet.

"Uh, what do you mean? I can take the air mattress." She suggests.

"Hell no, you are my guest, guests get the bed." She huffs in reply but leaves it, knowing my mind is made up. She walks into my room and sits on my desks chair, laughing softly at my struggle. I finally get it all set for her and she continues checking on the pizza periodically. I put on a Frank Sinatra record to fill the silence and calm my nerves. When I turn, she's plating a few pieces of pizza for us and pouring some water out into glasses. I smile, she's adorable. This feels so domestic, but I shake away the thought. Just two friends having a sleepover of some sort. She turns and hands me my plate and shoots me a wide smile. Ugh, that smile. She has a sunshine face, without much effort she can light up a room.

"Thank you, Miss Olsen." She nods and sits down on my couch. I settle in next to her and we eat together listening to Fly Me to the Moon. She swallows and takes a sip of water.

"Sinatra, nice choice by the way." I nod and wink since my mouth is full of pizza. We continue to eat and once she finishes up she turns to me. "I think I'm going to shower if that's okay?"

"Of course," I walk over to the cupboard and grab her a clean towel and a face cloth, "I'll leave these on the sink for you. You can use whatever you find in there." She smiles in thanks and nods, making her way over to the bathroom I just vacated. While she showers I clean our dishes and set up my bed for the night. I can hear her light humming to the music that continues to play and it makes me smile. The water turns off as I finish setting up the blankets on my bed.

"Uhhhh Y/N? I don't have any clothes." Her voice makes me shudder. It's so soothing. Oh, clothes, right.

"Oh, right, one second I'll get you something to sleep in." I head to my dresser and get out some sleep shorts, and a random t-shirt. I grab some underwear and socks too just in case. I knock on the bathroom door and it cracks, her hand sticking out palm up. "Your clothes M'lady, let me know if you want something else." She murmurs a quiet thank you and shuts the door. I use the time to get in my Pj's too. I put on some shorts and a Whitney Houston shirt quickly, having no idea how long it would take her to change. I turn on the TV in front of my bed and check the time. Only 8 pm, maybe she will want to watch something. I hear the bathroom door open and she walks up to me, her clothes folded and towel in her hair. She looks adorable in my slightly bigger clothes. She places her dirty clothes on the couch and turns back noticing what I'm doing. She walks back to the bathroom to comb out her hair before returning to my room.

"Movie night?" She questions, her eyes following the movies I'm scrolling through. I nod simply.

"What would you like to watch, Angel?" She sits down on my bed and holds her hand out for the remote. I give it to her and lay myself dramatically on the foot of the bed.

"I'm tempted to put on a Marvel movie to see you squirm." Her evil smile tells me she isn't joking. "But, its gotta be an earlier one, I really don't want to watch myself." She scrolls to phase one and picks iron man. Thank god.

"You want to torture me huh?" I ask teasingly. She nods with a cute grin on her face. She shuffles up to the head of the bed and gets comfortable. She pats the space beside her for me to join her and I shuffle up following her silent command. Our attention is on the screen as I hum the AC/DC song. We were pretty quiet watching the movie, mostly because I was trying to act normal and resist pointing out some stupid detail about the movie. I notice Lizzie turn her attention towards me a couple of times but ignore it.

"I was expecting more rambling, I'm deeply disappointed" She states and crosses her arms. I look over at her and smirk.

"I do have self control, I don't want to give you any satisfaction for this evil plan." She rolls her eyes and pouts. My eyes flicker to her bottom lip jut out as her focus returns to the screen. I force my eyes to look back at the movie. We let out laughs here and there, Lizzie comments a few times about how RDJ thinks he is actually Iron Man. It was nice and comfortable. As we got more comfortable and tired, we naturally slumped, our body's becoming naturally closer by the end of the movie. As it ends, I sit up, stretch, and yawn. I look over at her half-open eyes and smile softly. "Bedtime," I say softly. She hums and nods in response. I get up and say a soft goodnight to the already half-asleep woman in my bed and settle into my makeshift bed in the living room. It was hard to sleep at first, but soon head into a deep comfortable sleep.

______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N It's hard writing about someone you don't really know, but this is what I imagine her to be like, kind, calm, but also playful. Hope you enjoy :)

(Edited 5/19)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 262 17
After getting a phone call from her cousin, Y/N, is offered an assistant job to an A-Lister Celebrity. Although it's not her dream to be an assistan...
2.3K 99 19
Y/N is the daughter of infamous witch Agatha Harkness. Living in the shadow of her mother always made Y/N resentful, but especially more so when her...
101K 3.6K 26
Story is about Elizabeth olsen, the woman who is amazing and talented but doesn't know what real love is, she thinks that her relationship Is good an...
44.5K 1.5K 21
Y/N L/N is not ordinary. Well, a 27 year old criminal is not ordinary, isn't it? She likes to be chased and hell, she likes every minute of it. For o...