The Dove's Vow || Kamitani Ha...

Galing kay AeKa20

Where a Dove and a Hawk find each other... "Hey you." "Yes...?" "The baseball club needs a manager, want to j... Higit pa

Summary
Prologue
Character Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
A Note of Thanks!

Chapter 24

2.9K 132 18
Galing kay AeKa20

Yuna was with Hayato, walking together with Taka to the daycare room. Taka was telling the girl about what he did when he met Santa in the department store.

Yuna, who was weak against children and sincerely hoped for their imaginations and dreams to stay intact, nodded with a grin as she listened to the boy.

They soon arrive in the daycare room, seeing Usaida, Kashima, and Kotarou who was staring at a pachinko flyer.

"Kashima, Kotarou is too young for gambling." Yuna scolded as she neared the boy. "A-Ah you got it wrong Hatogai-san! Kotarou was looking at the Santa in it." Kashima nervously explained as the girl glanced at the poster.

Indeed there was a Santa image on it, albeit small, and that seemed to have gotten all of Kotarou's attention.

As Taka told Kotarou about his meeting with Santa in the department store, Usaida piped up, "Sorry to tell you, Taka, but Santa only visits good boys and girls. So he might not come see you this year." He stated.

"I... I am a good boy!" Taka said with tear-filled eyes. "But you never eat your broccoli, do you?" Usaida said back, though in pure amusement. "That's 'cause... I don't like... bokkody..." Taka said, just like any other toddler who hates certain kinds of foods and are picky eaters.

As Usaida remarked that he won't be visited by Santa because he couldn't eat his broccoli, Taka then agreed to eat broccoli to become a good boy for Santa and Christmas gifts.

This made both Usaida and Kashima shocked at the boy's decision, not expecting the boy to do so.

"Cut the act." Hayato punches Usaida's head for bullying his little brother into tears. "I made him want to eat broccoli. What's the problem?" Usaida said, rubbing his hurting head.

Yuna lets out another sigh, "Your method of doing it is disappointing. You just want to see Taka cry." She bluntly stated to the older man.

"Couldn't help it, it was funny." Usaida admitted, since he was caught red-handed by both students, Kashima sighing at the adult.

Taka ran to hug Hayato's leg, "Nii-chan, w-will Santa come to our house?" he tearfully asked. Hayato being Hayato looked down to his brother and stated the obvious. "Of course he won't. Our mom got our presents at the depart-"

His mouth was sealed by Yuna's palm. "Hayato you fool, don't ruin Christmas for him!" she scolded as Kashima nodded at her. "Kamitani, how could you tell him that?! You can't shatter his dreams! You can't!" he exclaimed.

"How would I? He was with us when she bought them." Hayato replied to them both, voice muffled due to Yuna's palm.

Before Yuna can sigh and tell Hayato to stop being so blunt for once for the sake of the children being so expectant of the season, Kotarou approached Taka and tugged on his jacket.

As Taka turned to his friend, Kotarou patted his head, "Taka-chan. Good boy." He comforted. "Will Santa come?" Taka asked as Kotarou nodded at the boy in answer.

'Christmas huh... I wonder what should I get for everyone?' Yuna mused to herself in thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

12/18

"I asked Santa for... I asked Santa for... Actually, I'm not gonna tell!" Kirin cheered with giggles. "Kirin! You're so cute! Did you see that, Ryuuichi-kun, Yuna-chan? Did you see that?!" Kumatsuka said, doting on his daughter.

He leaned towards to two teens, "It's so darn cute, I can't stand it! But don't you dare fall in love with her!" Kumatsuka then threatened Kashima.

Yuna finger-saluted the dad, "I will do everything I can to preserve Kirin's innocence!" she exclaimed as Kumatsuka took her hands in his hold, very grateful. "I knew you could be trusted Yuna-chan! Please look after my Kirin!"

12/19

Everyone was playing around in the daycare and the club members were still handling school affairs. Usaida, being the only guardian, watched over the kids with a yawn.

He turned to the window and saw Inomata and Ushimaru both peering into the daycare room, watching the kids. They saw that they were caught by the man and flushed red in embarrassment.

Usaida though puts his fist on his palm, an idea in his mind.

12/20

"I asked Santa to make sure me and Kazuma can be together forever!"
"M-Me too... to be with Takuma..."

"Ryuuichi-kun, what should I do? Takuma and Kazuma are such good kids, I can't decide on a present for them!" Mamizuka cried as he held Kashima's hands.

"Mamizuka-san, please wipe your face first with tissues." Yuna offered a pad of tissues to the actor, who took it gratefully.

12/21

Midori came into the daycare in a cute bear designed jacket with the ears on the hood adorably. "Listen to this, Yuna-chan!" Sawatari-sensei called to the girl with a smile.

"I finished the Santa outfit for Yutaka-san to wear! I might not be as good at sewing as Usaida-san, but I'm sure it'll be perfect on Yutaka-san!" the mother cheered with her little daughter also chirping in the background.

"Sawatari-san sure is prefect for the role!" Yuna chuckled at the thought of the beard dad in a Santa suit.

12/22

"Hey Nezumin, Yagikemen, what do you two want for Christmas?" Yuna asked them during lunchtime.

"For you to not buy me and my family anything extravagant." Chuukichi answered without mercy. Yuna slightly shrunk at his remark, "I-I will try..." she mumbled out.

Yagi hummed with a smile, "I don't really know... A pass to poke Kotarou's cheeks?" he suggested with his ikemen sparkles. Yuna sighed, "It's hopeless, I don't know what to give to everyone..." she whined out.

"Does it really matter what it is? The fact that you gave something out is already good." Chuukichi said as he gave Yuna a part of his egg. Yuna in return gave him a karaage, "I guess but it has to at least mean something or be useful." She stated with furrowed brows.

Yagi chuckled, "I think what matters is the good intention behind it. You don't have to worry, Hatogai." He comforted his friend. Yuna blinked their way and lets out a smile, "You're right, I was overthinking." She said while sheepishly laughing. She will pick what she thinks will make them happy.

It was dismissal as Hayato and Yuna walked together back from baseball practice. "Oh I see, you talked to the Chairwoman about Kashima's phone." Yuna mused out before smiling. "You're quite a good friend, Hayato~!" she chirped at the guy.

Hayato looked away with a scoff, "You're just teasing me, you idiot." He said before flicking her forehead. She rubbed the reddish spot and laughed out loud.

"To skip PE for it though... What would Kamitani-sensei say?"
"If you say a single word of this, I will strangle you."
"My lips are sealed..."

12/24

Yuna, clad in a green button up dress with a white cardigan over her figure and black stockings covering her legs paired with white slip-on shoes and lastly a green bonnet on her head, was walking with the Kamitani family to the Morinomiya estate, a large bag in her hands.

"You look like Santa's apprentice." Hayato bluntly told her as she laughed at his remark. "Oh come on, let a girl give out the gifts she bought for the people who matter to her." She lazily waved off his comment. Her friend shrugged his shoulders and shook his head at the girl.

Before she met up with him and his family, she apparently went to the Nezu's house to distribute her presents for the family.

"She's a Christmas Elf!" was apparently Kichi, Suekichi, and Kyouko's exclaim as Shoukichi laughed out loud.

Chuukichi on the other hand kicked Yuna out right after while the Nezu couple looked at how expensive the gifts' prices were with slight gratefulness and admittedly a small portion of sheepishness and worry.

They love Yuna with all of their hearts but once again, her pricey gifts keep worrying the married couple.

They all arrive in front of the estate, with their other companions such as Yagi, Nezu, Inomata, Ushimaru, the babies in the daycare with their parents (with Sawatari-san dressed as Santa), Usaida, and the Chairwoman and her butler. Everyone was here and ready to surprise Kashima and Kotarou!

With a doorbell, the big group positioned themselves in front of the door and waited for Kashima to answer the door. Indeed, both Kashima and Kotarou answered the door with surprise, seeing everyone in front of them. "Merry Christmas! Ryuuichi-kun! Kotarou-kun!" everyone greeted.

"Ryuichi." The Chairwoman called out as the chairwoman neared the boys and exchanged the paper bag in Kashima's hands with her small wrapped up present for him, though hitting him on the head with the gift.

"I dislike children who fail to mature, and children who show unnecessary consideration. Remember that." She stated as Kashima accepted the gift.

"Um. Ma'am... What about your important dinner?" Kashima asked worriedly. "That nonsense? I left early, of course!" she answered the concerned teen.

Everyone went in the estate to celebrate Christmas together and feast on the dinner Saikawa worked hard on cooking. Everyone had a fun time together, the holiday full of laughter and cheer.

This warmth around them making Yuna sincerely smile, this was happiness at work, making joy overflow in the moment.

Soon enough, it was time for present giving. All the adults had gifts for the younger teens and children, but there was one girl who, as usual for her close friends, went all out.

"Yosh! Everyone, I have gifts for all of you!" Yuna cheered, raising her bag up as the kids cheered. She gave the kids different kinds of toys that they wanted. The Moms and Dads have matching mugs for the season. For Kamitani-sensei's case, Yuna sneakily gave her other matched mug to a certain chemistry teacher.

Shizuka, knowing this, gave the girl a playful glare but was happy, nonetheless. She knew the girl wanted her ex-husband to become a father to her kids and to at least be on friendly terms with her. She understood her good intentions and just accepted the help with a weak and moved heart.

Yuna gave Usaida a neck pillow with a snicker, gave Saikawa a French cook book, and the Chairwoman matryoshka dolls as table top displays. She excitedly gave Nezu the navy-blue sweater she always wanted to buy for him, as he accepted sheepishly with an exasperated sigh. She gave Yagi a light green muffler with a smile, one he smiles back to. For Inomata, Yuna bought her newly released books and for Ushimaru, she bought her a few blouses.

She gave Kashima a new jacket, "Something for yourself for once!" she cheered his way as he laughed sheepishly and gratefully accepted the gift. Lastly, she got Hayato new baseball shoes, Hayato tried hiding a small smile and patted her head as a thanks.

Yuna saw all the smiles and felt joy rise from her own chest as well. This was her small happiness, making others happy in her very own way. Nothing beats this feeling in her heart.

After the present giving and dinner, everyone positioned themselves in front of Kumatsuka's camera. They all took a commemorative photo of the celebration, the picture capturing all of their smiles.

"Today was fun!" Yuna chirped as she and Hayato walked together back to her place. Kamitani-sensei told Hayato to walk the girl to her apartment home so here they were under the starry night. "It was." Hayato answered back as she hummed at his reply.

She looked up to the sky and felt herself smile, it was a chilly night too, but the stars were brightly stunning to the eyes. Under the same sky, Hayato stared at the small delicate smile on her face and felt his chest warm.

"Hey Yuna." Hayato called out, his tone a bit softer, as Yuna turned to her friend. "Yes Hayato?" she asked, a bit bashful at his tone.

She slightly flinched in shock at the feeling of cloth being wrapped around her neck. "Ha-Hayato...?" she questioned, reaching a hand to touch the scarf he just gave her as a gift.

"It matches your eyes." He stated, eyeing the similar shades of blue on the scarf and in her eyes.

Seeing Hayato's gaze at her made her flush red, "O-oh, is that so..." she mumbled out bashfully.

Hayato sees this and lets out a little smile. One so small but full of sincerity as he tugged at the ends of the scarf. "Merry Christmas Yuna." He said as she stared into his green eyes and fell into a small daze.

How come she keeps feeling warm in this cold winter season?

"Yeah, Merry Christmas Hayato." She greeted back, smiling up to him with mirthful eyes. Hayato stared into her eyes before averting his gaze and leaning away to hide the red on his face.

"Yeah let's get going before it's too cold." He said as he took her hand and started to walk once more.

Yuna eyed their held hands, these days they've been holding hands more often without them realizing much, maybe there is something more than what they already have...?

"Of course, let's go." She discards the thought with a small bitter smile and walked next to her best friend.

What mattered is that she made her loved ones happy, she didn't want to overthink actions that may just be what it really is.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

286K 8.2K 37
꧁"you look breathtaking, Baby owl"꧂ Y/n and Kotaro had been friends since ever they could remember. no one could tear them apart, it was like they we...
190K 7.9K 15
❝ you could see it in their eyes. they weren't quite friends anymore the way she looked at him? friends don't smile like that the way he put his hand...
494K 23.2K 24
"Bokuto why are both of you sitting in the freezer?" "It's hot." "So... you thought sitting in the freezer would be a good idea...
207K 6.7K 34
Tokimatsu Kazumi didn't have many friends at Ouran. As a Third Year, she didn't care about the majority of the things the other girls fawned about...