Here To Stay | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

❝Wнαт ιғ I αм нere тo ѕтαy?❞ • • • Indiana (Indy) Wilson was left heartbroken after her father walked out... More

Author Note
Character Aesthetics
Cast
Prologue: "Don't talk to her like that."
Chapter 1: "He is going already?"
Chapter 2: "Good choice."
Chapter 3: "Damn, this looks good."
Chapter 4: "Who would've thought?"
Chapter 5: "You're one of those girls."
Chapter 7: "Yeah and Mars doesn't have a president."
Chapter 8: "Where are your pills?"
Chapter 9: "I miss you, Gwen. So much."
Chapter 10: "Reed! Off the field. Now!"
Chapter 11: "You have been looking for him all night, haven't you?"
Chapter 12: "We need to talk."
Chapter 13: "Your shirt looks nice today."
Chapter 14: "No problem, shorty."
Chapter 15: "I am scared Indy. So, fucking scared."
Chapter 16: "Oh my god! Finally!"
Chapter 17: "Can I kiss you?"
Chapter 18: "Friends?"
Chapter 19: "I was on the phone."
Chapter 20: "Still a gentlemen aren't you, Reed?"
Chapter 21: "Blushing now, aren't we?"
Chapter 22: "Are you okay?"
Chapter 23: "Is he your boyfriend or something?"
Chapter 24: "Would you like to wear my jersey?"
Chapter 25: "Don't fucking touch her."
Chapter 26: "What the hell is going on here?"
Chapter 27: "What if I am here to stay?"
Chapter 28: "My dad left a few years ago."
Chapter 29: "Be my girlfriend?"
Chapter 30: "What's going on?"
Chapter 31: "Wanna video call?"
Chapter 32: "You and I both know that's not going to happen."
Chapter 33: "Good things only, I hope."
Chapter 34: "I love you."
Chapter 35: "She sounds amazing."
Chapter 36: "You and my butt, I swear."
Chapter 37: "Together."
Chapter 38: "Shut up, you look at my brother the same way."
Chapter 39: "Oh my god, it's like having kids all over again."
Chapter 40: "We'll make it work."
Epilogue: "You're pregnant."
Character Interview
Bonus Chapter: "Love capacity, remember?"
Bonus chapter: "Surprise."
Bonus Chapter: "Will you marry me?"
Bonus Chapter: "I love you, Mrs Reed."

Chapter 6: "Oh, for the love of God. It wasn't a date!"

6.6K 149 92
By yourneighbourhoodcow

"Alright listen here... Amanda." I hear a high-pitched voice say from behind me on Monday morning. I furrow my eyebrows and close my locker before turning to face... Britney Smith. "Britney! H-Hi. Also, my name is Indiana not... Amanda." I correct her. She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms on her chest, the two girls behind her doing the same.

Britney Smith. The queen bee, in our school. She is the cheerleading captain and is probably the most 'hottest' girl in our school, as she likes to claim. Britney is very popular around here. And she changes boyfriends the way you change clothes, if you can actually call them 'boyfriends', they are more of... sex buddies. The amount of hearts she has broken is uncountable. The two girls behind her are also part of the cheerleading team, I think the red head on her left is Natasha White and the bleached blonde on her right is Charlotte Johnson.

"Yeah whatever. Anyway, all I am here to tell you is Austin is mine. So back off." She scoffs as she rolls her eyes at me again. Geez, I wouldn't be surprised if her eyes got stuck in the back of her head. "I am sorry, what?" I ask genuinely confused.

"Are you like deaf or something? I said, Austin. Is. Mine. So back off." She repeats. "Um yeah sure. Anyway, I got to go to class. Bye!" I say and am about to brush past her before she grabs my arm and pushes me against the locker. My eyes widen and I look up at her, she glares down at me so intensely I almost cower back.

"I don't want you anywhere near him. Am I clear?" She hisses. As her grip on my arm tightens making her long nails dig into my skin. "W-What do you mean?" I ask. "I saw you both at that small little café on Friday after school. It's so obvious you like him. Well listen here, he doesn't give a fuck about you and never will. We have history and something happened so now he is just playing hard to get and trying to make me jealous." She spits and both the girls behind her smirk at me. It's history for a reason, I almost blurt about.

"I think you have got it wrong. I am just tutoring him." I whisper trying to pull my arm away from her. "Yeah right. Listen here Amanda or whatever your name is, stay away from him. He is mine. If I see you near him, trust me it won't be good." She growls before leaving my arm and walking away.

I sigh and pick up the books that feel out of my hands somewhere in between from when she pushed me into my locker. Just as I am picking up my last book, I see huge Vans appear in front of me. I look up and find Austin looking down at me. I stand up, making sure all the books in my hands are arranged properly and don't fall.

"Hi." I smile, he nods before his eyes dart down to my arm and he looks back at me with a raised eyebrow. My eyes go to where he was looking and I see deep nail marks from where Britney was holding my arm. "Oh that." I mumble.

He gives me a stiff nod and by the looks of it urges me to tell him what happened. My eyes go around the hallway, before they land on Britney who is talking to some guy who happens to be on the swim team. Her hand is on his arm and she throws her head backs and laughs, the guy is blushing and one of his hand is rubbing the back of his neck nervously. As if sensing me looking at her, Britney turns in my direction she gives me a fake smile before her eyes land on Austin who is still looking at me and then her eyes turn hard and she glares at me.

I gulp and look back at Austin. He is still waiting for an answer. I shrug in response. He does it a lot, so why not I do it to? He sighs and shakes his head at me. Just then I see Zac walking towards us, a big grin on his face as he stands next to Austin and slings his arm over Austin's shoulder. I see Austin roll his eyes at Zac, but he doesn't make any attempt to remove Zac's arm from over his shoulder.

"Indiana, right?" Zac asks. "Yes. But you can call me Indy." I smile. "Indy. Cute." He nods. "So, I heard you were tutoring this dumb fucker huh?" Zac asks with a smirk. "Oh, for God's sake Zac." Austin mumbles. "Yeah." I nod. "This dude has been talking about you all weekend-" Before he can continue Austin places his hand over Zac's mouth.

Austin gives me a tight-lipped smile. "Um ignore him Indy. Anyway, text me any time you are free today after practice so that we can meet up and start on the English tasks and also maybe get some studying done." He says and I nod. Just like that Austin dragged Zac out the hallway.

"Boo!" A voice says from behind me and I jump slightly and drop my books. "Well shit. Didn't mean to scare ya." The voice says again as the person comes stands in front of me. "Alec." I frown as I look down at my books. "Let me get that for you." He says and bends down, picking up my books. He hands them to me and flashes me a grin.

He then leans against the locker next to mine. "How have you been?" He asks wiggling his eyebrows in front of me. I laugh at his actions before shaking my head and leaning against my locker. "Good. Ooh, how was your trip to the Bahamas?" I ask. "It was great! I learned how to surf, well kind of and I went snorkeling!" He says happily.

Alec West. He is a good friend of mine. I met him during my sophomore year when he moved here from Dallas. He happened to sit next to me in History that day. He was quite shy and I tired to make conversation. Then before you knew it, we had a whole conversation on how working at McDonalds was underrated and then he started sitting with us at our lunch table and became of a good friend of ours.

He isn't in any of the sports team, though he is on the robotics club and math's club. He was also in the book club last year, both him and Jay before the both of them started reading all the books out loud as a Shakespeare play and were kicked out.

He went to Bahamas this summer and missed almost two weeks of school since his parents decided to extend the trip to just get away from normal life, quiet a smart decision if you ask me. And now after a month in Bahamas and super tanned here he is looking happier than ever.

"That's great. Now why are you here?" I ask. "What do you mean? Can't I meet my best friend?" He fakes a frown. "You can. But you usually always go meet Jay first, who is your actual best friend before coming to me or Paris. So, either you want something from me or you caught Jay aggressively making out with a girl today and are here to pretend you didn't see anything." I say.

"What makes you think I haven't met Jay already?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. "Well, he is currently looking in our direction, walking towards us and glaring at you, clearly mad at the fact that you didn't inform him of your amazing arrival first." I say just in time Jay reaches us.

"Well Damn Wilson, you might as well be a detective, huh?" Alec whistles ignoring the glare his best friend is giving him. Jay clears his throat way more dramatically them needed. "Jay, didn't see you there bud. So how was your summer?" Alec smiles. Jay rolls his eyes.

"I am pissed." He mumbled. "Are you now?" Alec asks, slinging his shoulder over Jay's shoulder. Jay rolls his eyes, again before shrugging his hand off. "What kind of best friend are you? You were supposed to meet me first. Not my twin." Jay huffs like a two-year-old. "Well your twin is your other half. I have heard you feel and think almost the same thing. So, if you use my logical here technically, I came and met you first." Alec says. My eyebrows furrow.

What?

Jay seems to get it though, because he laughs and high fives Alec. There are times like these that I sometime reconsider my life choices. "Well, well, well. Look who is back. Alec White." I hear Paris say as she comes stands next and slings her arm around my shoulder. "Sure am. How's life Jay's future wifey?" Alec teases.

Alec ships Jay and Paris. A lot. To Alec they are soulmates who just need a little push and before you know it, they will be getting 'freaky in bed', his words not mine. Believe it or not, I ship the both of them too, more secretly though unlike Alec who has no problem wearing a shirt with both Jay and Paris's face printed on it with the caption 'Couple to be'. I guess now you know why Jay and Alec are best friends, they are similar. In so many ways, sometimes it gets gross.

"Alec..." I hear Paris say warningly as she glares at Alec and clenches her jaw. Alec just grins, used to seeing this side of Paris. "Really dude, drop it. Its not going to happen, she like a sister to me." Jay says as he looks at Alec with a glare of his own. "Mhm-" Alec leans forward and whispers in my ear not so quietly, "-That's what they all say," he stands back properly and smirks at Paris and Jay who are bright red.

"No one says that!" Jay scowls just as Alec starts to walk away. Jay runs after Alec leaving me with Paris.

"I love Alec. But he is so fucking annoying. Nothing is going to happen between Jay and I. The guy thinks of me as a sister. But no to Alec that is 'sexual tension'." Paris scoffs as she crosses her arms.

I laugh and shake my head. "Anyway, fill me in on what you guys did on Friday. We couldn't call and have all the deets since my stupid little brother decided to rat me out by telling mom I snuck out last week and she grounded me and took my phone and practically everything away. I almost died Indy. I died. I had nothing, no Netflix, no internet, nothing." She sighs dramatically. "Poor you." I nod as we start walking to class.

"Tell me about it. Anyway, tell me how was your date with Austin Reed." She says and wiggles her eyebrows. "It wasn't a date." I grumble, a blush on my cheek. "Shut up. That is for me to decide. Wait a second. Friday after school you went to Macy's Café- OH MY GOD YOU TOOK AUSTIN REED TO MACY'S CAFÉ! YOU TOOK AUSTIN REED TO YOUR FAV-" I cover my hand on her mouth, which much difficulty might I add due to our height difference.

I give an apologetic look to all the people around us who are looking at us with wide eyes. I turn back to Paris who is looking at me sheepishly. I sigh and remove my hand from her mouth. "I didn't take him. I called him over there. We sat there for a few hours, studying, talking and eating. That's pretty much it." I say. "Okay. But who paid?" She asks. "He paid. As a thank, because I am tutoring him." I say as I push open the doors to our Lit class.

"That's it. It was a date. And you took him to Macy's. That's practically life-long commitment. God your going to have so cute babies." She whispers the last part dreamily. I elbow her in the stomach, subtly as we take our seats in the middle of the class.

Just then the bell rings and Mrs. Blake walks in. She places her laptop and books on the table before turning towards us. "Oh Alec. Hi. Its good to have you back." Mrs. Blake says as she spots Alec next to Paris. "Thank you." He grins.

"You missed quiet a lot. You can ask Indiana for her notes and to fill you in on what happened in the last two weeks." She informed and Alec nodded. "Alright class go sit with your partners and discuss your task, I want all of you to complete reading your chosen novel by the end of this week and have your book essay started, Alec since everyone already has pairs you can work with Indiana and Austin. They will fill you in on what you're supposed to do." And with that she sits in her chair and opens her laptop while the rest of the class moves around sitting next to their respective partners.

I hear both the chairs from my side being pulled out and I see Alec sit on my right and Austin on my left. "Hi!" Alec grins cheekily at me. "Hi." I chuckle as I smile back at him. Just then Austin clears his throat from beside me. We both turn towards him; he raises an eyebrow when none of us say anything. "Alright.... Alec let me explain the task to you..." I say looking at him. Alec nods and I begin explaining.

♡♡♡

"Alright then. Now that all of us are clear on what we have to do then today we can meet up at the Library after Austin's practice and start with reading our book and doing the book report." I say once I finish explaining the task. "Sure." Alec shrugs and Austin just nods.

Alec and I then just talk randomly about stuff while Austin just stays silent and stares at me. Soon after the bell rings and we all start packing our stuff, ready to leave class. Austin is the first one to leave, by the looks of it he seemed to be in a hurry.

I pack my stuff and sling my bag over my shoulder before walking out the class with Alec and Paris. "So... Austin Reed huh?" Alec says in a 'suggestive' tone. "Oh, for God's sake." I mumble. "Yep. Austin Reed. Not only has she been paired up with him for a lit assignment. She is also tutoring him and he happens to be her neighbor. Oh, did I mention she took him to Macy's on Friday for a date?" Paris says innocently. "WHAT!?" Alec exclaims looking at me with wide eyes.

"Oh, for the love of God. It wasn't a date!" I argue. But its too late. Alec is already fangirling.

X-X-X

(Alec Above ^^)

Hi ppl whats up.

I know I havent updated in a while. But like as I said finals. Just gimme me some more time and updates will be back to normal.

Anyway, I forgot to add Alec in the cast list, so I guess I will add him here.

Alec White

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

Info:

Age: 17

Height: 6'1"

Birthday: October 23

Zodiac: Scorpio

~

Yep, thats pretty much it.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading. 

Hope you liked the chapter, make sure to vote and comment.

{P.S: Next chapter in Austin's Point of View ;)}

Also, do you think our little Austin might have caughten a slight case of jealously...

Hehe, let me know.

Love,

Your Author, Human <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.8K 3.5K 53
A shy high school senior jock and a closed-off girl battling an immune disorder fake a relationship to win a social media contest. Being shy isn't ea...
29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...
1M 25K 29
"You should really tell him soon," Austin said as he walked closer to me. "It's complicated," I sighed, avoiding eye contact with the greek god stan...
223K 4K 19
Meet Isabel. She gets along with most people, not super popular but she's not a wallflower either. Isabel doesn't need anyone else in her life not to...