Innocently Falling

By Imisshoe

Meet Ella a simple minded girl who just wants to go out of her small town to grow as a person. She is quirky... More

Chapter 1: Here I come
Chapter 2: It Begins
Chapter 3: Interview day
Chapter: 4 Work. Work. Work.
Chapter 5: Curious
Chapter 6: A fabulous Friend
Chapter 7: Routine
Chapter 8: Crush
Chapter 9: Meal
Chapter 10: Something fishy
Chapter 11: delivery
Chapter 12: just a stomach ache
Chapter 13: Am I dead?
Chapter 14: Nurse
Chapter 15: Caring for You
Chapter 16: Hospital Vacation
Chapter 17: Furious
Chapter 18: Hallucination
Chapter 19: Microwave
Chapter 20: formal wear not required
Chapter 21: Coffee date??
Chapter 22: D-Day
Chapter 23: Missing you.
Chapter 24: Giddy
Chapter 25: Daddy
Chapter 26: Warmth
Chapter 27: My Escape
CHAPTER 28: Teflon
CHAPTER 30: The Boss
CHAPTER 29: Impossible
Chapter 31: What If
Chapter 32: IG official
Chapter 33: Save the Planet
Chapter 34: Dark side
Chapter 35: Reunion
Chapter 36: Amen
Chapter 37: Displacement
Chapter 38: Oh brother
Chapter 39: Meeting
Chapter 41: Bitten fruit
Chapter 42:BJ
Chapter 43: Hooker
Chapter 44 Spongebob
Chapter 45: SleepOver
Chapter 46: Physical
Chapter 46: $100
Chapter 47: 4.0
Chapter 48: Assignment
Chapter 49: Hybrid
Chapter 50: Bleeding
Chapter 51: College adventures
Chapter 52: let it go
Chapter 53: M.I.B
Chapter 54: looney toons
Chapter 55: The pre-nup
Chapter 56: I do not!
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 4 ver. 2.0
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 5 ver 2.0
Chapter 5 version 3.0
Bonus Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter 7
Bonus Chapter 8
Bonus Chapter 9
Bonus Chapter 10
Bonus chapter 11
Bonus Chapter 12

Chapter 40: Birthday

31.6K 1.2K 238
By Imisshoe

Chapter 40: Birthday

JAMES POV

It's Ella's Birthday today and she doesn't have any idea.

My Ella is an oblivious person. She will not know anything unless you say it directly to her. So adorable.

I want to surprise her with a party with numerous guest, extravagant gifts but I know she wants more simple celebration. So on that note I organize a dinner with one of the most exclusive restaurants and as for her gifts yes in plural form she will have to wait.

To start her special day I woke up at 6am to prepare personally her food. I kissed her forehead first and slowly disentangle myself from her grasp. Ella is a heavy sleeper. A bomb may detonate beside her and she will sleep through it.

The staffs were both shock and terrified when they saw me waltz inside the kitchen. One of the chef was hovering at my back repeatedly asking if he can help me on whatever I am cooking which I coldly decline. This is for my angel so I will do it by myself.

I know that rice is available 24/7 in this damn house because my Ella prefers  rice instead of bread , mash or pasta so I made sure to buy a rice cooker and a sack of newly milled rice so my Love can have it anytime she wants.

Ella is a big eater and I love it. So I scoop 4 cups of rice and made an egg fried rice. She doesn't want bacon at all instead I fried some hotdogs, omelette with diced veggies, corned beef and of course her favorite chicken nuggets. Hell she can finish a whole box of nuggets in one sitting so I let the staff stock at least 3 box every week. I don't want to run out.

I can cook but I chose not to. I am very busy and cooking will take too much time. Giacomo which is the head chef always write a weekly menu which I approve in advance. Before Ella I don't really care what they prepare but when my love comes to my life I realize that I want her to eat all the food that she wants. I also want to introduce various kinds of food to her.

Everytime she see food her eyes lights up immediately even if it is just a damn scrambled egg. She will thank the staff profusely as if they climb mountains just to harvest that egg. All the staff loves her. I know what is happenning inside my estate. Well except that one time when Ella got angry at me and the whole staff backs her up. Whenever I ask them where she was with shaky voice they lie in front of my face and told me they did not see her at all. Protective assholes. As If I am gonna hurt my angel but at the same time I happy that they will protect her if I am not around.

I place all the food that I prepare on the cart covered with silver dome to maintain the heat. I made sure that there is also a pitcher of iced tea, orange juice and chocolate drink. Only the best for my love.

I quietly entered our room and saw Ella still bundled up in our bed but now she is hugging my pillow.
Every morning I always see her hugging my pillow which make my heart beats faster. In my twisted mind I always think that she misses me that is why she is always doing that.

I get on the bed and kissed her to wake her up. After multiple kisses she woke up giggling because my kisses tickles her. Again. Adorable.

"Sit up love I brought your breakfast."
Her eyes light up immediately.

Ella and her food. They are inseperable.

I set up the table on my bed and laid out all the food in front of her.

She looks on every food that is in front of her with a delighted smile on her face.

I place a plate in front of her and served her the food in small portions. She may not know it but she has a habit of separating her food. She doesn't want her food getting mixed up.

She closed her eyes and said her grace. She always prays before eating. That is one thing I love about her she did not take anything for granted.
"Thank you Gideon." She smile and kissed me on the cheek.

The fuck? Kiss on the cheek will not do.
I stare at her demanding with my eyes that I demand MORE kisses

She giggled and kissed me on the lips as soon as she starts to pull back but I grab her head with both of my hand kissed her deeply.

Fucking fireworks.

I released her when I am a little bit satisfied already. Ella's face was so flushed it made me grin.

She pouted when she saw me smiling. So cute.

"Your food is getting cold love."

"And who's fault is that?" She demanded. I roll my eyes at her.

I watched as she eat the food that I prepare. She offered a scoop of each and everything to me which I ate happily.

She finished all of it. Not a crumb is left.
I got worried for a second that I might not prepare enough for her and I ate a portion of it. I admonishes myself for being glutton. My worries was erased immediately when she thank me again for her food.

"So what's the occassion?"

See? Told ya. She can't even remember the day she blessed the world with her presence.

"Nothing love. I just felt like cooking some breakfast for you. Do you like it?"
I ask.

"Nope." I hide my disappointment. Thank God for my inborn blank face. Shit. I knew it. I should have cooked 7 cups of rice instead of four. Maybe I should have doubled all the portions.

"I love it Gideon. You should cook more often for me. I love you!" This woman is killing me.

"I love you too sweet girl." The queen have spoken. She demanded that I cook for her everyday. Like I said before, her wish is my command.

We showered together but we still wear our undergarments. Ella is not quite ready yet for the next step. Heck I don't even know if she is aware of the next step. I will wait for her to catch up and when she did I'll pounce.

I hurriedly wear my 3 piece suit and clasp my classic black rolex on my wrist and close my chain links with mine and Ella's initials carved in it.

Cheesy? Yes.

Do I care? Fuck no.

I walk to Ella's closet and saw her sitting in her vanity chair waiting for me to do her hair.

"Can you do it with the same hair style like britney spears Gideon? You know like a pony on both side of my head?"

Ah. The school girl look. Easy.

"As you wish love."
She grins and kiss my cheek again to thank me. I will rectify that. Kiss on the cheek is not enough.

I started to blow dry her hair. I don't want her to get sick.
I brush her hair gently. I apply some leave on cream to make her hair soft and easier to manage. I sound like a hairdresser right now.

I got some purple bands and loop it on each pony that I did on her hair. Perfect.

"Done."

She stand up and grab her small purse that contains her money which she really did not need since the card that I gave her is still attached to her ID. She just doesn't want to spend my money. So stubborn.

I know that she always donates a chunk of her salary to the soup kitchen and she gave money to various homeless people she passedby on the streets.
She is really one of a kind.

I decided to go to work to leave an illusion that there is nothing unusual on this day. All the people that are involved were sworn to secrecy if not I'll kill them personally. This day should be perfect.

We rode my black lincoln navigator SUV to the office.

"Mr. Shades can you step on the gas? Were going to be late."Ella demanded.

Liam just glance at me on the sideview mirror showing his amusement.

"Love relax. We will not be late." As if she'll get fired. If she decided to take a vacation leave for a year. No questions asked approved immediately heck I'll even join her and extend this vacation for 2 years.

8am on the dot we arrived at the office. I was so shocked as soon as I open her door she dashed inside to scan her ID.

I just shake my head in amusement. I followed her inside and saw her chatting  one of the guards. The said guard stands straight when he saw me approaching.

I hold Ella's hand towards my private elevator go to our specific floors.

As a ritual she comes to my office at lunch time and as soon as 5pm came I close my office and goes down to her floor so we can go out at the same time. Scott already goes to the restaurant first to make sure all are perfect and her 2 close friends made up some excuse so they can come early at the venue. I saw Ella spinning on the rolling chair which she specifically requested to be place on the room because according to her it is "fun".

We went down and this time my silver Bentley was park outside the building.

We drove around for 20 minutes to fool Ella that we are going home. I don't even know why do we need to loop around the city to confused Ella when that same person was not even aware what is the occassion today.

We arrive at the restaurant and Ella does not even look suspicious.

"We're going to eat out?"she asked. I just nodded at her.

We entered the place and were immediately ushered at the back of the restaurant.

I look at Ella and ask. "Ready Love?"

She skeptically nodded.

I nod at the server and he opened the door.

Ella jumped out of shock when she heared a loud "surprise!" And a confetti bomb going off on each side of the door.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA!"

Her brother and my Bestfriend Blake and his wife Cara is here. Her 3 friends. The staff that are close to her namely her 2 guards Liam, Jared and Alred. Not many yes but this are the people who loves her so dearly.

Ella suddenly slumps on the floor and cried.
Shit.

I got down on my knees and see what is wrong with her but when I remove her hands from her face she immediately buried her face on my chest.

"Thank you. Thank you." She repeatedly chants that word on my chest which makes my heart constricts.

Don't cry for fuck sakes James. You'll look like a fool.

I whisper "you're welcome love." On her ear which makes her cry more.

I wiped her tears with my handkerchief and helped her stand up.

To my disappointment she hugged and thank everyone even the servers.

When she starts to hugged them the second time around I stopped her and just guide her at the head of the table.

"Let's seat." One by one they sat on the long table that was prepared.

I made sure that all the food that was served are her favorites. Roasted chicken, slow cooked pork tenderloin, ribs, steak, the spag that she always eat at least weekly and all the drinks that she might like it is prepared.

For the cake I requested a triple layered chocolate cake with a sparklers attached on the side and a candle that 23 is written.
Unfortunately I missed her 22nd birthday since I did not made a move immediately. I am a dumbass.

We sang happy birthday to her and I literally loose 3 years of my life when she attempted to blow the sparklers.

No sparklers on her next birthday.
Damn Scott that is his idea.

After she blows the candle Blake hands her a wrapped present. She opened it and inside is a sketchpad with various markers and a faber castel set of colored pencils.

"You mentioned before that you love coloring things so we bought you some art supplies and some coloring book will be delivered on your house tomorrow."

She loves coloring? Why did I not know this? I glare at Blake who is looking smug right now. Damn him. I need to remodel on of the rooms as her art room. It needs a good lighting. I mentally noted.

The couple Mark and Eric gave her a book "Relationship for dummies" what I thoughtful Gift. I might borrow that from her later after she read it of course. Maybe I'll learn a thing or two.

Scott gave her a band T shirts of AC/DC, nirvana, my chemical romance, simple plan and even the beatles. Ella squealed when she saw what is inside the box.

My staffs contributed and gave her a box of snacks and chocolates all Ella's favorites. I might need to lock that box. She might eat all of it in one sitting and a hyper Ella is hard to manage.

Even if it is a simple celebration Ella loves it. I commend Scott for organizing this party inspite of his heavy work load in the office. I am satisfied that all my request and expectations are met well except for that damn sparklers.

My Ella's smile stays on for the whole night and my heart is overwhelmed with love for her. I'll try my damndest to maintain that smile on her face.

With sadness we end her party at 11pm. I promised her that we will gather again this time at our house once our schedule is free which made her perk up.

We said goodnight to all of them and I did not forget to glare at Blake still salty that he knows something that I don't.

"Are you tired love?" I ask Ella.

"No. I don't want this day to end."

"I still have a surprise for you love."

"Gideon no. The party that you throw is enough already."

"That maybe love but I still have remaining gifts and I hope you'll love it."

We arrive at the house and I saw the staffs are still awake. As soon as we step inside the house they bow and greet Ella a happy Birthday. She stutteringly thank them and I told them to gather at the backyard because I ordered the same food that we ate at the restaurant enough for all of my 70 staffs. Same food was delivered to my warehouse where some of our guards stays.

They thank us and silently followed my command.

"Close your eyes love."
She excitedly close her eyes and guide her on the pool area. "Okay open your eyes love."

The pool area is dark but when I snap my finger it suddenly lit up and I see that my loves eyes widen.

I renovated this area without her knowing. I told her that the pool water needs to be cleaned that is why she can't use it but in reality I revamped it.

There are palm trees around the area like in a beach. I personally selected the sand that will be used. It is good for sand castle. I made sure of it. The jacuzzi is still there. We attached some sprinklers on the side. Colorful lights was placed around the pool. Various slide is also placed. A lazy river surrounds the whole thing. There is a highlight.

I nodded to one of the staff and a wave started to form until a decent size of wave is forming.

Ella is frozen. No sound is coming out of her. I don't know if it is a good or bad surprise.

To my surprise she suddenly dragged me and towards the pool. And she jumped yes you read it right jump straight into the pool with me in tow in my 3 piece suit, rolex watch and leather shoes.

I can hear the laugh of my staff but I don't care as long as Ella is happy.

In a few second we resurface.
"Best day Ever!!" Ella shouted.
She jumped on my back and kisses my cheeks repeatedly.

"I love it Gideon. So so much." She whispered in my ear.

There is one last surprise.

"Look to your left love. " And as soon as she do she squealed again and for godsake drag me out of the pool and runs to the enormous bouncy castle beside the pool hidden at the back of the palm trees.

She decides that I am moving slow for her taste so she left me and immediately jump inside the castle.

I found her lying in the middle and I crawl my way inside this thing wet clothes and all.

I lie beside her. We are both looking at the sky.

"This is the best birthday I've ever had Gideon. Thanks to you I experience this things. I don't deserve all of this."

I lie on my side to look at her. "No love. You deserve more. I am happy that you enjoyed your birthday even if you forgot about it."

"My birthday is just a normal day. I never celebrated it Gideon not even once. That is why I tend to forget about it." I saw a tear leaked out of her eyes and I wiped it immediately.

"I love you Gideon. Thank you for everything. I don't know what did I do in my past life to deserve you but I'll not question it."

She roll on top of me and she kissed me under the night sky with wet clothes and muddy feet not what I expected but I will not question it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4M 453K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
56.3K 4K 18
He's taking the middle child syndrome into another level. He loves to experiments, chaos follows him wherever he goes. He's too smart for his own goo...
2.1K 17 51
In which a ruthless billionaire who believe love is a waste of time and clumsy poor girl who had so much to live for meet by accident. Will he accept...
44.7K 1.9K 41
"Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for coming to the party we have collected a good amount for the charity. I also would like to say that this party is no...