When The Whistle Blows

By NotTheMainCharacter

*Rule #1 Don't stare. It's rude and suspicious. *Rule #2 Don't look them in the eyes. It can sometimes be se... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 46

10K 478 58
By NotTheMainCharacter

Astrid

I passed by Luka who was currently stretching Tucker's leg. The latter groaned as Luka brought his leg to his chest.

"Hang in there," I called out to Tucker as I opened the mini fridge and pulled out a popsicle.

Tucker chuckled as I unwrapped the frozen treat that I had randomly decided that I wanted. Luckily, Luka always made sure the mini fridges in the training rooms were stocked with them.

"I might feel better if a prettier face was currently hovering over mine," Tucker teased while Luka picked up his other leg and started stretching it.

"I don't know what you're talking about, this is the prettiest face around," I patted Luka's back as I spoke.

Luka just chuckled while shaking his head. "You flatter me."

Tucker groaned again when his leg stretched to its max and I took my leave.

Slipping out into the hallway, I noticed that most of my teammates were doing exercises or throwing tennis balls with each other as they got themselves into the zone.

"Hey cap," Issac called out to me while pulling one of his ear buds outs.

"What's up?" I asked before going back to sucking on my popsicle.

"Corey said he was looking for you, I think he's still in the locker room," he explained.

I thanked him and then went to the locker room.

A couple of rookies sat around on their phones, looking to be playing some game together. A few upper class men were eating and talking about their last night adventures. The only other person in the locker room was Colten, who was looking down at his phone.

"Hey," I called out to Colten and he looked up. A bright smile crossed his face as he reached out and grabbed my hips.

"Hello pretty lady," He grinned at me. His hands  gripped my hips tightly and he pulled me closer to him. I pulled the popsicle out of my mouth and smiled down at him, his eyes made a show of going back and forth between my mouth and the frozen treat.

"Have you seen Corey? Apparently he was looking for me," I asked his twin who's smile all of a sudden faltered.

A look of confusion and surprise seemed to filter his face as he leaned back, his hands letting go of my hips.

"What?" I asked the twin who's attitude just completely changed.

"How long have you known me?" He asked, his voice taking on a distant tone.

"Why? What's wrong?" I was very confused as to the sudden change.

"I just figured you would be able to tell the difference between us by now," He refused to make eye contact and I felt a sudden wave of sickness roll through me.

"I... I d-"

"Hey Colt, have you se-" A twin left the bathroom and paused when he saw me and his brother.

My mind sputtered and raced to keep up until I looked at the male who sat in front of me. My glare was met with a bashful look from the bastard twin.

"You bastard," I reeled back and swatted at his reaching hands.

He managed to look bashful for a few more seconds before a giggle erupted from his throat. "I'm sorry, we had a plan and it was not well coordinated apparently," Colten said around fits of laughter.

"You bastard," I repeated. "I really thought you were upset," I shook my head but didn't swat his hands away when he reached for me again.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him, his chin rested against my stomach as he looked up at me with those big round amber eyes.

"Please don't be mad," The doof begged me. "It was Corey's idea and I just went with it."

I brushed my hand through his soft hair and pulled the popsicle out of my mouth. "If he jumped off a bridge, would you too?"

Corey scoffed from beside me. "You're starting to sound like our mother and you don't want the answer to that."

I grinned at the twin to my side before turning to the twin that still had his chin in my abdomen. "I highly doubt your mother would say this," and with that I leaned down into Colten's ear and whispered things that normally would've made me blush, but for some reason I had a bravado.

Colten stuttered when I straightened before he looked up at me with a dark smirk. "I hope you mean those things," he said - a threat hanging off his words.

I just smiled as I went back to sucking on my popsicle, the action not going unnoticed by the twin who slowly released me from his grip.

"You're a vixen," Colten sighed before turning to his brother. "We better figure out her room quick or else Imma be sleeping really uncomfortably tonight." He told his twin, a strained look emphasizing his words.

Corey rolled his eyes, "tell me what she said later. I don't need extra perverted thoughts blocking my game mentally," he waved his twin off.

I left them on their own, deciding I had gotten my pay back for trying to make me think that I had mixed them up. 

Once out in the hallway, I met up with Bentley. He was doing some stretches and I decided to join him.

"What's with the popsicle, love?" He asked while lunging.

"Well I just wanted a treat, but apparently its effective incentive against men. More specifically - my men," I told Bentley, who broke out into his usual smile.

"You are a dirty player. Who did you torture this time?" He inquired, his light green eyes watching as I bent over and touched my toes.

"The twins," I chirped musically.

"Evil," Bentley shook his head, his brown locks moving across his forehead with the action.

I stared at him before removing the popsicle. "It doesn't seem to have an affect on you?" I pointed out before moving to a sitting position and slowly worked through all my ground stretches.

His dark chuckle was one I hadn't heard from him before. "Oh Love, never assume such inane things. I may be able to hide my desires better than my mates, but that doesn't mean I am - as you put it - unaffected," his accented voice threatened to lure me in.

I could've sworn his eyes darkened when I put the popsicle back in my mouth. My sweet, quiet Bentley apparently has a bit of a dirty side.

Suddenly, footsteps pulled me from my thoughts and I turned to meet icy blue eyes.

"Ryder," I greeted the towering male.

"Grapes," his scolding tone didn't go unnoticed. "I have gotten several complaints about that popsicle," he pointed to the wooden stick that was hanging out of my mouth.

I batted my eyelashes innocently. "Why I don't know what you mean," I played it off sweetly before pulling the popsicle out and giving it a long lick from bottom to top.

His eyes widened before he got himself under control. "Fuck, that shouldn't have been as hot as it was," he cursed before grabbing the popsicle from me and throwing it in the nearest trash.

"Hey! That was mi-" I protested but was cut off.

"It's for the best, Grapes," Ryder pointed out. "You might not know this, but it's kind of difficult to play with a massive bon-"

"I got it. I got it." I cut him off with a grumble. "But you owe me a popsicle," I poked him in the chest with a finger as I walked past him.

He caught my wrist and pulled me into him before whispering in my ear. "Oh I have a popsicle for you, it just wouldn't be appropriate to show it right now."  I felt his grin as he kissed a sensitive spot behind me ear.

"Now who's the dirty player," I grumbled again with a glance in Bentley's direction who was watching the whole exchange.

They both chuckled and followed as I walked back to the main hallway where most of out teammates were. Ryder rounded up the rest, and we all went somewhere else to do team warm ups.

It was then that I was finally able to slip in to the game headspace and focus on the game ahead. After all, it was a pretty important game so I was glad to finally be taking it seriously. It appeared my teammates were all on the same wavelength too, as all the messing around died down and they all had their game faces on.

Together, we would all win this game - and gosh help the team we are about to spank.

~~~~~~
Thank you for reading Chapter 46. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I don't know if y'all can tell, but what was holding my back from updating so much has recently left my life so I find myself with lots of free time once again (reminds me of a year ago). I appreciate all y'all 's support and I absolutely adore reading some of you guy's funny comments. Some of you heathens are comedians. Anyway thanks for the feedback and laughs! Have a great rest of the week!

~Until Next Chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.2K 35
A single mom with a past, and a tattooed bad boy who needs to change his future. Macy Roberston knows better than to get too close to the bad boy hoc...
199K 9.1K 30
(Though highly recommend to read the book "Obsession, Madness & Love" first, this book can be read as a standalone.) ________________________________...
317K 17.4K 156
Neara and Shay looked to the future (read 'pastries') to forget their past, but are interrupted by being transported to a world of beastmen strugglin...
124K 6.5K 99
Hannah And her Happy Harem After spending her entire life training to become an Olympic level gymnast only to suffer one too many injuries for her bo...