Fix me // Thomas Sangster

By newtcute

Natalie is a social outcast. She has no friends and no one notices her. Until one day a boy comes and moves... More

A/N
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13

9

5.4K 214 163
By newtcute

Thomas's POV

I stood there staring at the road. It's all Hannah's fault! If she hadn't kissed me I wouldn't be in this mess. I stormed back inside and saw Hannah standing there with a smug look on her face.

"Get out." I said blankly.

"What?" She replied startled.

"You heard me. Get out. Also your gonna need to find a new assignment partner." I pointed to the door.

"You don't know what your missing out on! You will regret this!" She yelled as she stomped her glittery mini skirt self out of my house. She slammed the door behind her.

I walked to my room and shut the door behind me. If only Hannah didn't come over and force herself onto me. I didn't want to kiss her, she made me. She pushed me against the couch and smashed her gross plastic lips onto mine. I wriggled out of her grip but she slammed me back again and didn't stop. Then Natalie had to walk in.
Now she hates me.

I took out my phone and called her.

No reply.

I tried again.

No reply.

And again.

No reply.

After 37 tries she still didn't answer. I left hundreds of texts and voicemails.

Still no reply.

Wow. I've stuffed up big time.

Natalie's POV

My phone buzzed continuously, but I had no intention of checking it. It was the same ringtone over and over and over again... Thomas's. I left it.

Thomas's POV

I tried everything. I even went to her house but Wendy said that she was asleep.

Natalie's POV

Thomas came over but I made Wendy say that I was asleep.

Thomas's POV

I laid in bed and played the music that Nat gave me over and over again. I listened to one song - tenerife sea by ed sheeran - for about an hour until my eyes fluttered to a closing.

The thing was, I couldn't fall asleep. I kept on visioning Natalie's face when she saw Hannah and me kissing. I wish it never happened. I wish that Hannah hadn't come over. I wish for Natalie back. She broke up with me because I broke her heart.

Tears wet my pillow and saturated my blanket.

Natalie's POV

I couldn't sleep. I stared up at the ceiling tears forming long trails across my face. My heart ached with pain. The pain that he caused. It stung my body and made me tense up. The scene played in my head over and over again. It was like watching your loved one die right in front of you.

Every time I thought about it, I died a little inside and my heart cracked.

Why?

Why would he do it?

I asked myself the same question over and over, before I finally fell asleep.

Thomas's POV

The rest of the weekend went by and I left more messages and I rung her millions of times but still, no answer. I visited her 3 more times but she was asleep or not home.

I got up from my bed and got dressed.

I will see Nat today so then I can explain and beg her to take me back.

I walked down stairs quickly and out the door. Natalie is always walking at this time to school, so hopefully I will see her. I began walking. I walked past the big oak tree. I walked past the corner store. I walked past Natalie's house. I walked past the bench that Natalie and I kissed. I walked past the broken down house. I walked into school.

_

It came to the third period and still there was no sign of Natalie.

Natalie's POV

I stayed home today. I just couldn't face him. I just couldn't.

Wendy and I were watching Horrible bosses when I heard yelling from outside. I got up from the couch and walked toward the window. Thomas was standing there absolutely soaked from the rain and he was yelling my name. I ignored him and sat back on the couch. He kept on yelling.

I walked up to the window to give him a piece of my mind.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT THOMAS!!?? DO YOU WANT TO KISS WENDY WHILE YOUR AT IT AS WELL!!??" I yelled at him with all my anger.

"No, I just want to explain-" he yelled back.

"EXPLAIN WHAT!! THAT YOU'VE GOT NO HEART, THAT YOU NEVER LOVED ME?!! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT THOMAS! GO! JUST GO! AND NEVER COME BACK!!" I screamed in agony tears rushing down my cheeks. The barriers that I once created around my heart are now knocked over completely and shattered.

"But-"

"NO! Go. Just. Go." I sniffled and closed the window. I walked back toward the couch and sat down.

"You wanna talk about it Hun?" Wendy asked and looked at me.

I shook my head. Then the explosion of tears came out. I held my head in my hands and sobbed quietly.

"Oh come here baby girl." Wendy pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back.

_

I explained the whole thing to Wendy and then when mum came home from yoga I told her as well. They both comforted me as well as they could. But it didn't work as much.

Thomas's POV

I walked inside and shut the door behind me. My shoes were filled with water and whenever I took a step they squelched and made a weird noise.

"Is that you Tom?" My mum called from the kitchen.

"Yeah." I sighed and sat down on the stairs.

"What's wrong dear? Is it the Natalie problem still?" My mum asked.

I sighed a heavily breath.

"Yeah." I slipped off my dirty vans and threw them at the door way.

"Go and talk to her-"

"I already have, mum it's no use. She won't listen or talk to me," then I got a brilliant idea "but she would talk to Ava." I smiled widely and ran up the stairs.

I ran down the hallway and stopped at Ava's room. Without knocking I barged into her room, to only find her kissing Jake cooper the most popular guy in our school.

"Thomas!? What do you want?!" Ava snapped and pulled away from jake.

"I- argh, your friends with Natalie right? Well could you talk to her for me? Please?" I begged.

"Yeah, ok. Just go away, I'm busy." Ava motioned to the door.

"Oh, ah... Yeah.. Sorry... Carry on." I quickly ran out of her room and shut the door.

I walked into my room and laid in my bed. God do I miss Natalie. I miss her so much. I miss holding her. I miss behind around her, I miss kissing her. I miss seeing her. But the thing that I miss the most is to call her mine. Nat is mine. Well she was.

Natalie's POV

After I explained they smothered me in hugs and kisses. Wendy made me a chocolate ice cream sundae with extra M&Ms. My mum said that I could go to the bookshop and pick out as many books as I desired, but I had to go to school tomorrow. Of course I agreed to that, but who wouldn't.

I got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen to see Wendy and my mum cooking.

"Hey mum, can I please go for a run?" I asked as I pushed myself up on the marble kitchen counter.

"But it's raining." My mum replied.

"So?" I shrugged.

"Ok, but try this first." My mum shoved a wooden spoon into my mouth with some sort of soup. A sensation of flavours bursted around my mouth that sent tingles along my taste buds.

"Mmmm. This is so good." I smiled.

"Awesome." Wendy wooed and high fived my mum.

I smiled at the two of them and made my way up the stairs.

I walked into my room and shut the door behind me. For a while I just leaned against my door and looked out the window. I watched as the grey clouds impaled the sky and made it dark and murky. I watched the rain hit the window and slid down the smooth surface.

When it rains I always feel so happy, I guess it's just the fact that I feel like I'm not the only one crying, because I look up and water is everywhere, to me it's like the 7 billion people out there are all crying and so is the sky. It's kind of like the gods are crying and unhappy. I know it's stupid but that's how I feel.

I walked to my wardrobe and quickly pulled out my white and black Lorna Jane sports bra and shorts. I put them on and quickly slipped on my black Nikes.

_

I ran out the door into the viciously cold rain. The feeling of it was almost inhuman like. The feeling of the icy water splashing onto my bare skin sent a rush of surge through my body and my pulse went slower. It was the calmness that made me feel asleep, the sensation of feeling so alive.

I ran.

I didn't know exactly where I was going, but I ran.

I ran for my life.

My feet picking up speed. My heart bumping. My hair blowing in the small breeze.

Everything about this was perfect. I always loved running in the rain, it was the best thing. The best feeling.

My legs soared threw the air as they moved. I threw my head back in the air and tilted it so I was looking directly at the sky. I stopped on the footpath and closed my eyes, just letting the rain drops fall on my face.

Thomas's POV

I got up from my bed and grabbed my sketch pad and pencils. Whenever it rained I loved to draw. I walked toward my window and sat in the small chair that sits underneath it. I stared out the window my eyes glued to the person who stood there in the middle of the footpath with their heads thrown back and eyes closed.

It was beautiful really. Watching the person be filled with wonders and probably dreaming right there.

Natalie's POV

I started twirling slowly with my arms stretched out feeling the water splash against my skin.

Thomas's POV

The person began spinning around slowly.

It was so fascinating to watch. I opened my sketch pad and began to sketch the person out there. Then the person came into view.

Natalie. My Natalie. The Natalie that I love. The Natalie that I will always love.

Natalie's POV

I put my arms down and stopped spinning. I dropped my head back to normal position and started running again. I just realised where I was. I was in front of Thomas's house. Hopefully he didn't see me.

I ran for a while longer until my legs began to fail me.

I ran back home and up to my room.

"Did you have a good run baby girl?" Wendy called from the kitchen.

"Sure did." I called back to her.

"That's good sweetheart, also you've got a letter," Wendy yelled "I put it on your bed."

I looked on my bed and there was too a letter. On the front was my name and nothing else. I picked it up and unsealed it. I pulled out a piece of sketching paper that was in it and opened it up.

There was a beautiful sketch of me standing on the footpath in the rain. A tear flew down from my eye and my heart exploded.

Because I saw how you like the rain.
- T.S x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 184 17
A tomboy meets a bad boy and she never seen him before in school and she has no brothers or sisters but she had her friends, she meets the bad boy of...
36.4K 1K 26
Alexis Cade is 15 years old and lives with her big brother Johnny. She always talked about meeting his gang and she finally gets to meet them. She st...
6.4K 234 30
He's the boy next door. She's the new girl. He's popular. She's not. He's annoying. She's ignoring him. He sneaks in her window, and she becomes conf...
5.3K 213 40
Isabella is a 13 year old girl, who's mother and little bro died two years back now it's only her and her dad, but that all changes when she finds ou...