The Blind Waterbender

Per DayDreamerBookReader

Her name is Lyra. Twin of Katara and youngest daughter of Chief Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. At the ag... Més

Blinded
Aang
Breakfast and introductions
Zuko
Air Temple Part 1-
Air Temple Part 2
Ocean and Moon
Gonna Show You
Kyoshi
Blind not Stupid
Found
Distracted
Explanation
King
Three Deadly Trials
2 Out of 3
Showdown
Out of Omashu
Stranger
Low Profile
Escape
Scarred Valley
Winter Solstice
Agreement
Promises
Blockade
Sages
Lovers Quarrel
Split
Puddle
Market
Siblings Pt. 1
Siblings Pt. 2
Funny Photos of How I Imagine Asura Acting
Instincts
Jet
Suspicions
Support
Theories for Branch Bending
Pre-Dinner
Psychopath
Cyriptic Warning
Injured Asura
The Town
Flood
The Great Divide
Didn't Mean To Publish!
Canyon Guide?
Two Tribes
Hi- Bi!
Loyalty
Nightmare
Apologies
The Ratty Old Man
More Cute Asura Pictures!!!
Confessions
Cinnamon
Fever
Time
All in Your Head
Taunting Fish
Aunt Wu!
Meng's Crush
The Reading
The Story of The Great Spirit
Stop Asian Hate
Sokka the Skeptic
RIP Philece Sampler
Cloud Reading
Can't Have Light Without Darkness
Discovery at the Volcanoes Lip
Eruption Pt. 1
Eruption Pt. 2
Who The Blind Ones Really Are
The Abbey
Memories & Nightmares
Take a Bow
Snap!
So We Meet Again
Can You Not
Unknown Dreams
The Fire Festival
That's Not Suspicious
Friend or Foe? How Should I Know?
The Warrior Turned Soft
A/N
Foraging
Chores & Training
Coaxing
Fire, Good or Bad?
Nightmares Come to Life
What's To Come
A Visit With Tui and La
Pranked or Pranksters?
Airbenders?
Premonitions
Airborne People
The Northern Air Temple
Loopy Lyra
Sibling Relations
Book Cover for Book 2?
Tricks and Traps
Even Aggie?
The Battle For The Air Temple
Naptime!
Arrival in the North
Talking To The Master
Energy Dip
People Are Irritating
Hahn's Threats
Chief Arnook
2 vs 1
Siege of The North Pt. 1
Siege of the North Pt. 2
End of Book 1!
New Book Out Now! Book 2!

Soaring

3.7K 122 33
Per DayDreamerBookReader

Noah Kahan- False Confidence- as usual not my song or video as usual I don't own the image. I was listening to this while writing this chapter. I had a lot of fun writing this chapter, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!

----------------

Lyra's POV

I woke up to find myself becoming overheated. It was very unpleasant. But, it was livable.

I sighed finding myself caught up on some sleep. It sounded like it had begun to approach evening. The sun, and the somewhat chilling breeze ushered me up.

Asura seemed to have the same idea and finished grooming herself clean.

I fetched my now clean clothes from the river. As I ran my finger over them I realized how old they were. It was time for and outfit change. The charred and burnt fabric would catch far to much attention.

I found Asura's saddle and opened the pouch for spare items. It was my favorite clothes.

I pulled on my lower garments, since it was 'that time of the month'. Either way it wasn't much help for my exhaustion, and sour mood.

I was lucky that I'd managed to get some rest. I'd probably use it tonight.

I went to wrap my chest, but found my normal wrappings no longer fit me. My chest had grown significantly. I was starting to gain some shape in my hips. The aching in my muscles was enough to tell me the effects of the hot bath had worn off.

I took apart the scorched material, and stored what I didn't use in my bag on Asura's saddle.

I sewed the cloth together to make an odd shaped chest covering.

It made my back a bit less tight and I found myself satisfied with its comfortable effects.

I pulled on my new pants and found the material softer than I had at first predicted when I bought them at the market.

They were oddly stretchy, the lady said they were made from a softer material called cotten and not woven animal fur.

The dress shirt was a nice even cornflower blue.

I brushed through my hair again and braided it. Then I did the hanging ponytails I wore and secured them with a silky ribbon.

I pulled my pants down again, nearly forgetting the wrappings I wore to stop blisters, when I rode on Asura for too long. I nodded, satisfied, and continued on. I pulled the dress over my head and secured the pins.

I pulled my boots on then finished by sliding on my gold bands that sat on my shoulders and clicked together my wrist cuffs.

"Not bad for being blind, eh Katara?" I laughed bitterly to myself as La shared his vision with me. I created a mirror of ice and nodded in satisfaction as La gushed,

"Dammnnn!" He gushed, I posed to humor him, "yeahhh, work those hips!!" He cheered like a teen girl.

"Alright, are we ready, Darling?" I asked Asura as the mirror fell back into water.

Asura nodded, and I secured my blindfold. I took a breath, calming myself. I needed to find out what Jet was up to. But for now I needed to make it to the dinner he had invited us to.

I approached Asura and dusted off non-existent dust from her saddle.

I secured the straps below her wing joints for freedom of movement. I secured the saddle straps on her stomach.

Oddly enough, she seemed to enjoy it. Perhaps it felt like she was being pampered. I'd never know.

I mounted her, securing myself.

I locked my knees in place once I had secured my arms at the base of her neck. I gave a sharp whistle as her signal to go.

She took it without hesitation, and we were sprinting until her wings flapped and we took air.

I gave a whoop of delight, I'd never cease to enjoy the freedom I felt as the wind rushed past my face and around my braid.

Asura gave a delighted hoot as we took a sharp incline up.

I was hit by a bunch of water as we flew through a cloud.

The thin air was incredible on my somewhat hot skin from the hot bath. Asura skimmed over the clouds like flying over an ocean. I leaned over with my hand and touched the soft cloud which materialized away from my touch.

"Ready, Baby Girl?" I grinned.

We'd never done this before but it was as if we were on the same wavelength.

Asura was excited and I closed my eyes taking a leap of faith.

I pushed off the saddle with my hands and legs out like a starfish.

I heard the wind whistling in my ears and felt my palm brush Asura's wing.

It was a few more seconds and the air thickened and I ravished in the peace of the air in my face and my hair.

I heard Asura hoot,

Okay, that was the signal we were getting close.

I grasped the saddle and pulled myself onto it with some minor difficulty.

We shot up again and the adrenaline raced in my blood like shooting stars across a midnight sky.

It was exhilarating, I wished the feeling could last forever.

But, alas as the saying goes- all good things must come to an end.

We descended onto a high platform much to my disappointment. I reurned to the confines of my mind bidding the taste of freedom a bitter, 'until next time.'

Perhaps my luck wasn't out. I had just ran into someone, and that someone was Sokka.

"Hey, where have you been? We haven't seen you in ages" Katara mimped (to speak in a prissy manner usually with pursed lips).

I winced, her voice was somewhat high. She was in another stubborn mood. I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes through she likely wouldn't see it. But, whatever.

Convincing her of Jet's possible danger would be difficult.

Luckily, Sokka seemed to share my same hesitation.

Aang however, was oblivious. Or perhaps he was denying the possibilities that he'd likely encounter in the future. It was clear he was covering his anxiety with innocence (though a high majority of that was likely just innocence). Still my point remained.

"Sorry, guys. Asura got hungry, and she didn't want to go alone" I blurted an excuse.

Katara accepted it with some reluctance but continued forward to catch up with Jet. She was practically glued to his side.

Aang definitely seemed jealous at Katara's lusted expression as she stared at Jet. Each word he spoke she practically swooned.

Aang walked forward with a gulp. It was clear he was not enjoying watching the two. But he continued forward.

Sokka stopped next to me,

"Something's up" he muttered with narrowed eyes glaring holes in Jet's skull.

I nodded,

"I agree, but we can't act suspiciously." I said narrowly, "we need a plan, a meeting place.. Tonight we'll take turns keeping watch. We can discuss anything we've found out tomorrow around two hours after noon. Asura will come find you, you'll have to ask where I am and she'll take you to me. I think I'm beginning to come down with something.." I hinted.

Sokka nodded,

"Stay low, don't change any of your behavior. We want to avoid suspicions" I advised.

"Guide me to dinner?" I said, and changed the topic.

Sokka shook his head in exasperation.

"Of course, how cound I refuse Lady uhh- Mirin-"

"Mirin, as in the stuff used on rice? That's really the best you could come up with?" I laughed.

I elbowed him as he laughed with me,

"Ah, of course Lady Mirin- I mean Lord Mirin" he grinned as I gasped and put my hand over my chest mockingly,

"You dare mock me, peasant?!" I laughed in mock astonishment, and offense.

"It is Great- uh-  Lord Chickenbutt Mirin to you!" I laughed as Sokka snorted.

"Forgive me Grate Lard Chickenbutt Mirin" he laughed.

I could no longer hold it and howled in laughter.

Sokka was literally crying from laughing so hard.

We continued to laugh as we walked to dinner as we said some inappropriate jokes, Asura leapt off the bridge we were walking across and returned seconds later with a rabbit in her mouth.

"Hunting, eh?" Sokka pointed out to me. I coughed akwardly,

"I was bathing, Sokka. Also I had some female issues-" I poked knowing he'd edge away from the topic once I mentioned womens natural bodily functions.

"I don't wanna hear it!" He said and threw his hands over his ears after covering my mouth with his sweaty, gross hands.

I cringed away and pulled his hand off my mouth,

"Did you wash your hands?" I said with a disgusted face.

He looked in a different direction,

"So this meeting place-" he said quickly in an attempt to change the topic.

"Did you wash your hands?" I asked again.

He lifted his head up to look at the trees,

"What happens if I say I didn't?" He questioned innocently in a higher voice.

"Hmmm, I wonder" I trailed putting my hand under my chin and tapping it with my pointer finger in mock thought, "I'll make you wash you hands. Especially before dinner" I said in a unimpressed tone.

Sokka slumped,

"Fine, I didn't. Actually! Wait I technically did! This morning after I went to the bathroom!" He said proudly.

"Nasty." I said simply with disgust.

I pulled water from my pouch and split it in two. I washed my hands with one and returned it to my pouch since they were already pretty clean.

Sokka washed his hands somewhat childishly.

"Happy?" He questioned.

"Yes" I nodded and threw the water onto the ground and heard a splash.

"What the fuck?!" I heard from below.

Oops,

"Hey Sokka let's go to dinner they're probably waiting" I said quickly and innocently before we were spotted.

"Eww! It smells!" I heard the same voice cry in disgust.

Sokka raised his eyebrows and pouted,

"Okay my hands weren't that bad!" He whisper yelled.

I tapped his back and we were out of there, like a bat out of Hell.

That was fun...

-----------

Sooooo, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Y'all are saints!

Sappy ahead if you wanna skip I have one below that say, 'Sappy stuff over :)'
____________
The comments I've gotten are all so positive, and I can't express in words how much each and everyone means. But I want you guys to know how truly grateful I am. You may find yourself to be just one person, but each like, vote, or comment drives writers, and artists of all types forward. Without that one person it could crumble, so you may be a grain of sand in your eyes, but without you there might not exist a beach. I love you all! But anyway, past all the sappy stuff.

Sappy stuff over :)

_________
I hope you guys have a lovely day! Stay safe and healthy! Bye my Bookworms, and I'll see you in the next one!
-Rosw

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

116K 6.4K 42
*This is the SECOND book of the "Daughter of the Moon" series, so go read "Book One: Water" if you haven't already* Elara finds herself on the run wi...
37.9K 1.9K 44
Heimat: a place that you can call home; a sense of belongingness, acceptance, safety and connection to homeland A decade has passed after the final b...
3.3K 69 4
WARNING!!!! The following story contains spoilers of Netflix's new live-action series; "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Read at your own risk. Water 💧 ...
201K 6.5K 30
𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ ❝ I'm doing this because I care about the people who need help. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭...