Sky: The Truth Untold (III)

By Elin_Writes_Stuff

After defeating Demille, peace reigned in the world of Sky once again. However, boredom came along with it. T... More

I: The Beginning
The Prayer
II: Discovery
The Melody
III: Visitors
Afterlife
IV: Dark Indentity
The Unexpected
Broken Heart
VI: The Dark Clash
VII: Distant Memories
VIII: Encounter
IX: Rising Risks
X: Gray Flashbacks
Origins
XI: Final War
XII: Peaceful Endings
Extras: True Love
Extras: Oliver's Escape
Extras: Trustworthy
???

V: Step To Reality

75 3 2
By Elin_Writes_Stuff

"Um, Lake? I think you have some explanation to do."

"Oh, you're right. About that Flockya thing..."

He then proceeded to explain it all. Skye had taken care of the blood in Nathan's face from Demille's punch, which he seemed very grateful about. On the other hand, Lake didn't have the time (and interest) to check on him. He was always really stealthy and very aware of their surroundings, and he constantly checked on Skye as well. It reached a point where she was close to feeling uncomfortable. But at the same time, she felt safe.

"Flockya is how all of this world is called," he continued. "The name is not known because it slowly faded away... Actually, no. It faded away pretty quick, now that I think about it." He liked to talk to himself out loud.

"It goes a long way back. Back when Flockya was divided into two tribes, Light and Darkness. There were two kings, Lumi and Foscor. They reigned in peace, but it all went downhill when this Demille dude arrived. He was filled with pride from his past life, and he wanted to keep that feeling in his veins. He ended up destroying everything, he even murdered both of the kings, just so that he could take it all for himself. Thankfully, someone else arrived to Flockya at the same time as Demille did. She is known by most children of Light by the name of Samira."

"Wait, Samira? I remember that name! I've seen her before!" Skye said enthusiastically.

"Well, I guess that explains a lot then, but allow me to continue." Lake said respectfully. "Believe it or not, Flockya is in a state of war right now. Demille has been haunting thousands of innocent children of Light so that he can gain a power that would let him take control over everything. Samira has hidden this power very well, but she can't hide it forever. That's why I've been trying to help her, even though I've never seen her. Which reminds me..."

"Oh? What is it, Lake?" Nathan asked curiously.

"Oh, actually, Nathan," Lake replied. "Could you, um, leave us alone for a moment?"

"Sure thing!"

"Just keep going forward. You'll find my sister at the end of the hall." And so Nathan did as he said.

"Wait, you have a sister?" Skye asked now that they were alone.

"Yeah! Emily's the name, and she's been really helpful keeping my spirits up. Though I wished she wasn't here. There's no need for her to be here. She could be back in her past life, happy..."

"What do you mean past life?"

"I'd tell you, but I honestly don't think you are ready for it. Anyways, back to the main point." Lake took a deep breath and held Skye's shoulder.

"Listen, Skye. I don't want to scare you or make you nervous, but... You are in grave danger. You have the power I talked about before. You can purify things no one else can. Samira chose you, Skye."

"Wh-What!? So, what am I supposed to do?"

"You must stay safe, and I can help you with that. Demille will eventually come, considering the fact that Nathan is with us. But when he does, we will be ready. We MUST be ready. And I'll make sure it goes that way. I..."

He stayed silent for a moment, and he lowered his head. Before Skye could react, Lake hugged her with a lot of strength.

"I don't want him to hurt you, Skye..."

Skye was a little shocked at this. She honestly wasn't expecting such a nice treatment from someone that still was a stranger for her. She felt something weird in her heart, but she ignored it. She just lifted her arms and hugged him back.

"Lake?"

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Thank you..."

She couldn't help but break into tears in that moment. She was really grateful, but she also wanted to return home. She missed Penny and Eli, but the chances of her seeing them soon were really low, realistically talking. She eventually pulled herself together, took a deep breath, and remembered something she wanted to figure out.

"Wait, can we go see Nathan? He must have some important information about Demille."

"Sounds legit. Ok, follow me!"

They walked through the hall, but something in Skye had changed. She looked at Lake in a different way, as if he was special. She thought it was weird, considering they met not too long ago. So she just ignored it, but that didn't mean that the feeling would go away.
They eventually made their way to the end of the hall, and Nathan was there along with a girl she didn't recognize.

"So, you're telling me he isn't dead? The rumor spread everywhere, and it's fake!?"

"Well, it's not my fault! Or is it, Emily?" Nathan said back.

"Well, I guess you are right. But, like... how? How is he still alive? She wondered.

She looked at the floor and thought of how that was possible. And as she did, she heard footsteps approaching. She looked up again and saw his brother along with Skye.

"Oh, you're finally back. Took you long enough, Liv!"

"DIDN'T I TELL YOU NOT TO-!" Lake screamed.

"Liv? Lake, I think you have something to explain..."

He sighed and looked at Skye. He took a deep breath and admitted it.

"Ok, maybe Lake isn't my real name. Liv is just an abbreviation, and I don't plan on saying the real thing. And hopefully no one else screws it up." He said as he looked at Emily with a menacing yet playful face.

"Ok, ok, fine! I forgot, ok? You know I don't mess up like that all the time."

He laughed a little and went to hug her. They were really united siblings, and even looking at them being together was cute. Skye couldn't help smiling, but then she saw Nathan and remembered what they had hurried for.

"Nathan! What were you talking about?"

"About Demille, why do you ask?"

"I planned on asking about him. Wasn't he dead?"

"He did talk about this before. He said something about being in a fight..."

Skye thought about it in her mind as Nathan told her everything. She visualized what Eli had told her before as well. She could see both Penny and Eli fighting against him and how the battle came to an end. It seemed like he had faded away, but he was still conscious. His will was the only thing keeping him alive, and it also was the little power he needed to teleport back to a safe place. He had to recover for a long time, and as he did he thought of different ways of reaching this forbidden power he desired. He had heard Skye's name before and thought that she would be the answer. And so he found Nathan and possessed him to try and find her. She then opened her eyes and looked at the present. It all made sense now, and she was more aware of how crucial this truly was.

"I don't know if he can still come to me, considering I'm purified," Nathan said. "But if he still can, we are going to be in some trouble... I think I have to go, I wouldn't want to put you all in danger!"

"No! Don't go!" Liv said. "Maybe we can lure him into a trap. And if we do, it's game over for him."

"I guess we better start working on that then," Emily said trying to join the problem.

"But... What if he catches me? What if he truly gets the power he wants? What will be of Flockya then?" Skye wondered desperately.

"You don't have to worry about that. You'll be ok. Everything will be ok..." Lake said trying to lift her spirits. They looked at each other in the eyes, feeling like something was different between them. But they noticed it and quickly looked somewhere else.

"Well, I don't know about y'all, but I'm reaaaally tired." Emily said breaking both the silence and the thin ice that they created. "I'll go get some rest, and I think all of you should do that as well."

She walked away to find a place to sleep. Nathan stepped away as well to find a place to spend the night. Whereas Skye and Liv still stood there, thinking. He gently held her hand and took her to a safe place to sleep. She laid on the floor, looked at Liv once again, and hoped for the best.

"Good night, Skye. I'll be here tomorrow, take care."

"Good night, Liv..." She said softly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 135 13
Children of Light have always been a thing. Always giving the best out of them and being as pure as they possibly can. Always believing that Darkness...
75 2 6
//WARNING!! THIS STORY CONTAINS VIOLENCE!! PLEASE MOVE ON IF YOU DISLIKE VIOLENCE!! THANK YOU!!// SPOILER ALERT: there are spoilers for Sky: childre...
8.9K 855 62
A sequel to Hannah and her Happy Harem, however Hannah is not required reading before reading this story. Light in a Storm is a stand alone book. Als...
207K 8.8K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...