I'm Cupid

By mia_harley

"They say that Cupid is the most beautiful creature in the world. Flawless hair, lips, skin, eyes, everything... More

I'm Cupid
I'm Cupid - Chapter 2
I'm Cupid - Chapter 3
I'm Cupid - Chapter 4
I'm Cupid - Chapter 5
I'm Cupid - Chapter 6
I'm Cupid - Chapter 7
I'm Cupid - Chapter 8
I'm Cupid - Chapter 9
I'm Cupid - Chapter 10
I'm Cupid - Chapter 11
I'm Cupid - Chapter 12
I'm Cupid - Chapter 13
I'm Cupid - Chapter 14
I'm Cupid - Chapter 15
I'm Cupid - Chapter 16
I'm Cupid - Chapter 17
I'm Cupid - Chapter 18
I'm Cupid - Chapter 19
I'm Cupid - Chapter 20
I'm Cupid - Chapter 21
I'm Cupid - Chapter 22
I'm Cupid - Chapter 23

I'm Cupid - Chapter 1

2.9K 99 12
By mia_harley

Chapter 1

I've always wondered what would be the feeling of walking calmly down the street. Not hiding in a bunch of clothes and sunglasses. I've always wondered how would it feel to find my mate.

But those are just wonders. Dreams that probably will never come true. I live with my mother, a 45 year old women, that is completely eager for love. Legend says, that if you have Cupid by your side, love will come faster.

My mother believed in that legend. So, she kept me in the house 24/7. She knows that once I find my mate, I'll chase him for all eternity. So, I'm to always stay close to her, even if I don't want to. I hide my face from the world. But I am okay, I can help people from where I stand.

Okay, but not happy. Not finding my mate at my 20 years of life has been so painful and emotionally impossible. I am bound to have a daughter with my mate, and she will be the next Cupid. If that's not possible, the world will have to wait 100 years to have another Cupid close by.

"Angel! Dinner is ready." My mother yelled from downstairs. I cursed softly, leaving the window, and leaving the couple I was watching. I walked down the stairs, with my natural elegance and grace. As I entered the kitchen, I saw yet a different man talking to my mother.

This was an every day thing. Mum would bring some stranger to the house, and silently ask me if he was the one. Right now, she was looking at me with sharp eyes, her way of asking if he was made for her or not. I looked into the man's eyes and sighed. No glint. I softly shook my head and looked back at my mother, giving her a small sad smile.

She gritted her teeth, I knew she was frustrated with me. I've came to understand her frustration, but it never ceased to bother me. It actually wasn't my fault that my mother couldn't find a suitable man for her. It was always like this after my father died. I knew that he was her true love, that he would be the only man that had that glint in his eye for her, but as much as I hate what my mother does to me, I can't bring myself to tell her.

But I wasn't planning on staying here. Some day, I would have enough courage to buy a house or an apartment for myself, find a job, and hopefully, one day find my mate. But I knew that I had to wait for the right time. I looked at the window, and sat on my usual seat.

I hated that my mother brought men to the house. They always looked at me like I was a piece of meat. Even though it was a natural attraction, it bothered the hell out of me. They were supposed to respect me, not hope to get a three way with mother and daughter.

This were the kind of man my mother brought home. Not respecting men that looked at me like a father would look at her daughter, she brought horrible men that thought they had an easy lay, and probably thought that I was one too.

Dinner started awkwardly, none of us talking. The man peeked at lustful glance at me, I just glared back. He froze on his seat. I looked down at my food, and smirked a tiny bit. I loved the powers that being Cupid gave.

After dinner, my mother successfully threw the man out the door before locking it. She turned to me, a fake smile on her face. I knew she actually hated me, but she just kept me because of how much she wanted to have a man by her side. And, I also knew that she knew, that is she even tried to place a finger on me with the wrong intentions in mind, I could easily over power her.

"Please sit down Angel, I would like to have a little word with you... If that's okay." I nodded and sat down on the old, beige colored couch. She sat down in front of me, and took a sip of her tea. After placing it in the coffee table, she turned her gaze to me. They flashed with pure hatred before changing to show not even the slightest shadow of emotion. Even though I could feel the anger pouring in waves out of her body.

"Why can't you find the right man for me?" She asked once she was sat in front of me. I shrugged. "Listen mom, we both know dad was the one for you. I could help you find someone else, but you need to stop bringing men that just want to fuck us both." I said calmly, growing tired of her trying to replace my dad. She needed to understand that my father was the only man that could fulfill her in every way possible.

She clenched her teeth, glaring. "You don't talk to me like that young lady! There can obviously be someone else by my side, but you just don't want to help your mother, even after all of the years I've been taking care of you!"

I rolled back my shoulders, letting power radiate off me. She actually flinched back a little, her eyes flashing with fear. "Are you serious? I have been locked in all of my life because of you. After dad died, you turned bat shit crazy, snooping around in every corner for another body to keep you warm at night. 

It's insane how dependent you are from others. Look at you, you need the help of a 20 year old girl, because you can't look for love yourself!" I took a deep breath, telling myself to calm down. 

"I've been trying to help you from the day you closed the front door on my face. You and I both know that sooner or later I will need to get out of this fucking prison if you don't want me to die."

Mom's eyes flashed with anger. "Angel Artemis Hawlls, you don't talk to me like that! I am completely dependent, I just can't handle a demon like yourself alone. You won't be getting out of this house until you find me a fucking husband! I don't care if I have to lock you in the basement!" She threatened.

Big mistake.

My anger was controlling me, something inside me hated other people trying to boss me around. I knew that my eyes flashed violet, because my mother took a stance of pure fear once she realized in how much shit she was in.

It was like digging your own grave when you talked to me like that.

"Listen here Momma dearest," I ran my tongue over my teeth. "I couldn't care less if you end alone for the rest of your life. I could walk out that door, and leave you here alone. Try to threaten me one more time, and I promise you won't find me anywhere." I stood up turned to the stairs before looking back at her. 

"Just a heads up. If you want to find a decent man, stop looking in cheap clubs and alley ways, where apparently you spend your time. Find a man that respects you, in any way, and that is kind. And please, let them be single" I said in a low, threatening voice.

She gasped, I could feel the anger washing out of her. "That's enough! You're going to your room right now, and you will stay there, I don't care if you die. Your father was the only one that understood you because the both of you were freaks. I didn't really love you anyways." She growled, a crazy glint in her eye as she roughly grabbed my arm and pushed me to my room.

I sighed and watched at she closed the door with a hard 'clack'. Looking around, I spotted a bag in the corner of my closet. I took a deep, calming breath. I need to get out of here. 

When my father died, he actually divided all his money between my mother and I. My mother never knew of it, but I did. And my father was the owner of one of the biggest constructors in America. So I actually had enough money to support myself, far away from this shit hole. 

I nodded to myself and walked to the bag. Placing it in the top of my bed, I walked back to the closet. I started packing after that. Once I was ready, I placed the bag under my bed. Tomorrow morning, I was leaving.

I spent most of the night making arrows. It wasn't that hard, but each and every one of them needed to be polished and build to perfection. When I went to sleep, I had fifty new arrows in the quiver.

Next morning, I woke up to find the house alone. Mom always went to work early in the morning, and because I didn't need education, and probably because my mother thought I would find my mate, I didn't go to school. I stood up and took a shower.

Dressed in black denim shorts and a grey loose shirt, I packed my hygiene stuff. Once everything was ready, I hitched the strap on my purse around my shoulder, along with my bag. I double checked everything I needed was packed, after nodding in a pleasant way, I made my way downstairs and walked to my car.

I drove away looking for a place to live, to hopefully never look back to the prison my house had turned into. 

***

Video to the side if my favorite song, and favorite music video ever. Thank you to the ones reading this book, I'm pretty excited. Thank you for that comment or that vote, or that fan, or any combinations.

Love you all!

-Mia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610K 5.2K 20
"Bakışlarındaki isteğe daha fazla dayanamadım, ama bakışlarından çok altındaki asıl harikanın ıslak ve muhtaç isteğine dayanamadım." "Konuşmak yerin...
141K 9K 23
Ömer abi: Melis nerde? BxB kurgusudur
59.6K 6K 22
Evren ahraz bir şefti. Barlas ise kalbi insanlara karşı buz tutmuş veterinerdi. →İç ısıtan, soft ve kısa hikâye. → Bu iki erkeğin aşkını anlatan bir...
Haz By 🍀

Romance

245K 3.1K 18
Çocukluktan beri Karan Avcıoğlu'na karşı hisleri olan Efsun Alakurt'un hikayesidir. Sevdiği adamla birlikte olduklarından sonra her şeyin farklı ola...