WANDERLUST , five hargreeves

By -SUNLUV

❛ my whole sky only craves your star. ❜ book two. ❪ number five x fem.reader ❫ More

𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓
I. | ONE
II. | TWO
III. | THREE
IV. | FOUR
V. | FIVE
VI. | SIX
VII. | SEVEN
authors note :)
VIII. | EIGHT
IX. | NINE
X. | TEN
XI. | ELEVEN
XII. | TWELVE
XIII. | THIRTEEN
XIV. | FOURTEEN
XVI. | SIXTEEN
authors note
𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

XV. | FIFTEEN

9.5K 281 337
By -SUNLUV

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐘/𝐍 was the first to say she was going to go help Vanya, she was the last to reach the car with no other option left than to sit in the front between Five and Vanya.

When they pulled up to the farm, bright white snow blanketed the ground for miles and a storm hovered over the barn.

"You think whatever's going on inside is causing the cold front?" Diego asked as everyone scrambled out of the car.

"Well, the correlation is high." Five shrugged while eyeing the cracks of energy from above the barn.

A blonde woman ran outside, rifle up and pointed it threateningly between the eight as she yelled at them to get back.

"Hey, hey! What's wrong?" Vanya asked, putting a hand out to stop her.

"Carl." She breathed.

"What did he do to do?"

Her breath was uneven and shaky, "He's..." She shook her head. "He's dead. Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, same way you sent those policemen flying. What the hell did you do to my son?"

Diego scoffed, shaking his head and walked forward. "We don't have time for this."

The woman Vanya had been referring to as Sissy aimed the gun at him.

"I'm trying to help your son."

"Look, Sissy, I found my family." Vanya told her, "These are my brothers and sisters."

She lowered the gun, a confused expression etched onto her face. "Were you lying to me the whole time?"

"Of course not. Look, I didn't know who I was. But I do now and we are not the monsters that they say we are. We did not kill the president. We are not terrorists. We're not here to hurt anyone."

"Then.. who are you?"

"The only one who can help Harlan."

Then the eight rushed up to the barn, nearly slipping on the snow in the process. Vanya shoved the barn door open and energy thrummed in a giant circle around Harlan.

Vanya screamed over the sound of humming energy, "Look, Harlan, I know you're really scared, but I can help you. I need you to listen to me, okay? Can you do that?"

After receiving the okay from Sissy, Vanya walked into the circle.

Y/n noticed Klaus wandering towards the other set of barn doors and trailed after him.

"Shit." She groaned under her breath.

"Guys?" Klaus called out. Five, Diego, and Luther came over.

"Ah, shit." Diego complained. "That's exactly what I said." Y/n kicked at the floor underneath her.

"What? Who are they?" Luther asked, squinting at the two people in the distance.

"One's the Handler, the other is Diego's girlfriend." Five informed as Allison approached the group.

"Lila. That's my ex-girlfriend." Diego corrected.

"You know what? Doesn't matter. They both look angry."

"Our brother has that affect on people." Allison shook her head.

"Yeah, good luck trying to figure out which is the girlfriend." Y/n laughed and hopped down into the snow to go talk to them, Five and Diego trailing after her.

"I love the smell of that fresh country air, don't you, darling?" The handler asked as the trio approached them.

"Makes me want to vomit." Lila answered, her accent as prominent as ever.

"What do you want?" Five asked.

"To watch you suffer." Lila deadpanned, wind ruffling her hair.

"What about me?" Diego asked, looking her up and down.

"You're not even worth my wrath."

"Harsh." Y/n laughed under her breath.

"You too, you prepubescent little shit."

"You know, I didn't do anything to you."

The handler sighed, rolling her eyes. "We're here on official business."

"And what business is that?"

"As the head of Commission, I've decided to eliminate the criminals responsible for the assassination of the former board of directors."

Diego laughed, "Yeah, right. We didn't kill the board."

"Uh, actually, Diego, that's not entirely accurate." Five pursed his lips.

"You two didn't tell them?"

"I didn't kill anyone." Y/n interjected.

"Five, what the hell did you do?" Diego whispered.

"What I had to, to get my family home. Until somebody reneged on our deal."

"Somebody wouldn't have reneged if somebody could've met a simple deadline."

"You set him up to fail." Y/n scoffed, air fogging up in front of her from the cold.

"He set himself up to fail, friend. Him and his family. Kinda the running theme of your little life, isn't it?"

"Dude, I can't believe you killed the board of directors. You have no idea how messed up the commission is right now."

"Messed up? Who's saying that?" The handler questioned.

"Everybody. Christ, even the janitors think it's going to shit."

"That's not all he killed." Lila spoke up.

"What are you talking about?"

Lila glared at him, "Don't play dumb."

"Enough. The point is, all of you are going to die today. Hm?" The handler set her briefcase down.

"I don't like your chances. Eight of us, two of you." Y/n pointed out.

"You know, you're right. Let's change that."

The second she snapped her fingers, her nails coated in a blue nail polish, thousands of agents warped into the field behind Lila and the Handler. Each with a gun and briefcase.

"So what do we do now?"

"Two choices; fight and die now or run and die later. Either way, we're food for worms."

"Preference? Either of you?" Y/n asked.

"Wouldn't mind a few more minutes breathing air through the old windbags." Five shrugged.

"All right. Let's get this over with, shall we?" The handler pulled out a red cloth, the three broke into a sprint towards the barn.

Not long after, the crowd of agents surged forward after them. Bullets flying through the air, somehow none of them hitting the targets.

"We're not gonna make it." Diego yelled and pointed to the barn.

Five took a hold on Y/n and Diego, blinking them closer.

"I think I'm gonna puke."

"No time!" Y/n pulled them behind a red tractor wheel.

Five tried blinking them into the house but it was no use.

"Shit, I'm out of fuel. I'm too tired."

"Go! I'll cover for you."

"Are you fucking crazy?" Y/n tried stopping him but he shrugged her hand off and stood up.

"Let's just go!" Five pulled her away towards the barn as Diego stopped the plethora of flying bullets and tossing them to the side.

Five pulled Y/n under the dining table, glass windows shattering around them.

"If we die, I love you!"

"I love you too!" He yelled back to Y/n over the shattering glass and gunshots.

After a few more bullets rang through the air, shards of glass fell to the floor around them, and the house rumbled around before settling, it was over.

"I think- I think Vanya killed them all." Y/n stood from underneath the table, still in some shock.

"I think so too." Five peeked out of the broken window and Y/n joined him.

In the field, Lila and the Handler stood safely covered in a blue circle of thrumming energy before it faded away. Lila rose up in the air, sucking in the wind around her and turning it to mass amounts of energy.

"Under the table, come on." Y/n tugged at Fives arm and they hid under the dining table as Lila released the energy wave back.

They scrambled from underneath it once Luther crashed through the ceiling.

"Luther, are you all right?" Five asked.

He groaned, "I think I swallowed my tongue."

"You can't talk if you swallowed your tongue." Y/n sighed, looking out of the window to see if anyone outside survived the impact of the energy wave. "I'm gonna go outside. See where everyone is."

After finding Allison and wandering around for more people, the two saw Luther get tossed from the house and landed in the snow. Allison ran over to check on him while Y/n entered the house through the door to see who was in there.

She searched around but found no one before going back outside and seeing Lila smiling like a maniac as Allison grasped at her throat for air and Luther helped her.

"Son of a bitch." Y/n muttered behind Lila and kicked her in the back.

"I nearly forgot about you." Lila gasped while standing back up and throwing a punch at Y/n.

She caught the fist with her right hand, even though she had planned to dodge it. The heat surged through her veins and released through her palm, burning Lila's skin before letting go.

"I thought your thing was ice."

"Similar to you, I can use more than one power." Y/n smiled, slightly proud of herself.

"Little shit. To think I actually had faith in you." Lila grimaced, holding onto her wrist.

Y/n shrugged before Lila kicked her in the head, her vision now slipping in and out as Lila bent down and took a hold of her face. She did the same as Y/n had done to her and left a burn mark on her cheeks that were flushed from the cold.

"Looking for me?" Five asked, his voice distorted to Y/n as if she were underwater.

She sent out a flame that set Lilas shoelace on fire before Five warped away and Lila went as well.

Just for a moment, Y/n decided to let herself go unconscious.

"Get up."

Y/n barely understood the sentence, Allison helped her up and they all ran over to Diego who was yelling for someone to help him.

"What took you so long?" He asked as they all came running over to the red tractor that trapped him in the release of Lilas shock wave.

"Well, we're here now. Do you wanna stop complaining?" Luther asked as he went to lift the tractor. "Or we could just leave you here." Klaus offered.

"What he said." "Does everything in this family have to be a discussion?" Vanya asked and Y/n leaned into her slightly.

"It's not as fun if it's not."

"Are you out?" Luther asked Diego before lifting the tractor back down.

"Team zero, unstoppable." Diego high-fived Luthers fist bump.

"Okay, has anyone seen Five?" Allison asked.

"Not before I found you." Y/n pointed to Allison. "He should be around here somewhere."

"By the way, your ex-girlfriend can blink like Five." Luther told Diego. "Yeah, that bitch just rumored me so I couldn't breathe."

"And destroyed, like, half the farm with a shock wave. So unoriginal." Klaus waved his hand around to all the destruction.

"She burned my face." Y/n deadpanned, feeling the sting of the mark on her face as she talked.

"If she can do everything we can, she might as well be one of us." Vanya joked.

Luther laughed, "Yeah."

"No, there's no way." The realization dawned on all of them. "It can't be."

"It's a reasonable conclusion."

"Eh, but there were only eight of us." Klaus denied. "Maybe we need to consider that there's more of us out there." Vanya shrugged, staring into the snow.

"Are we surprised here? Dad lied to us about nearly everything." Y/n asked. "But she's not our biological sister.., right?" Diego asked.

"Okay, so, if she can mirror out powers, that means anything we throw at her, she can match, right?"

"Yeah, but she can only mirror one of our powers at a time." Klaus held up a finger.

"You sure about that?" Allison asked, quirking a brow at him.

"No..."

"Wait," Vanya held a hand out. "How did she burn your face?"

"With a source of heat, obviously." Y/n laughed awkwardly.

"No, we were all listing off ways she used our powers against us." Luther recalled.

".. Why don't we focus on Diego's ex-girlfriend trying to murder Five right now and not me."

- authors note !
this chapter is nearly 2000
words and it's still not the end.

i promise, the next chapter will
be the last lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 131 52
{Five Hargreeves x Reader} You obviously are looking through the eyes of yourself, Y/n (and sometimes Five). I would go through all the tiny details...
19.2K 218 11
"𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭. 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢'𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥�...
803K 18.4K 20
❛ it was always you. ❜ book one. ❪ number five x fem.reader ❫
21.5K 474 45
𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝:) 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧 �...