Gut Feelings (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey! This is my first story so I know it's not that great! I don't own any of the tangled series character! ... More

Eyes Watching
Sapphire
Adventurine
Spirit Guide
Old Memories
Witch Hunt
Raccoon Trouble
Meadow Dance
Loving Eyes
Comfortable Silence
Wand Search
Unexpected Visitors
Conflicting Feelings
Fake Shop
First Customer
Phony Scientist
Pushed
Constant Interruptions
Not That Handsome
Nose Bleeds
Familiar Locket
Red Mist
Legends
Powers
Familiar Faces
Zodiacs
Comfy
Bruising
Dirty Cheater
Can it, Dwayne
New Friend
Great Moms
Constellation Quiz
Protect Her
Ride home
Protection
Letters
Blizzard
Hot Chocolate
Pillows
Shivers
Art Class
Portals
Strange Liquid
Secrets
Graphtyc
Masked Men
Daddy Daughter Talk
Finally Back
Tunnels
The Flower
Stirring Patterns
Distraction
Walking a Tightrope
Automaton Attack
All My Fault
Ready as I'll Ever Be
Flickering
Invitation
You Can Count on Me
Cupcakes
Go Big or Go Home
Quiet Night
I Do Adore
Money Solution
Spiders
Missing
Secret Plans
Wedding Crashers
The Weasel Returns
Bees
The Collector
Goodwill Event
The Gopher Grab
Late Night Talks
The Package
Meeting Fate
Surprise
Entering the Forest
Story Time
Taking a Chance
Manipulation
Waiting
The View From Up Here
Egg Thief
Vigor the Visionary
Wheel of Fortune
Blood of the Coven
The Spire and the Box
Friends on the Other Side
To the Spire
Offerings and Scroll Pieces
Bubblegum
Shipwrecked
It's Tough to be a God
Fire Trouble
The Beginning of a Love Story
Hookfoot's Magical Date
Little Pumpkin
According to Plan
Sadness Brings Happiness
Sea Shanties
Avast Ye
Screams
Lazy Morning
Cleansing and Counter Curses
Moose Teeth
The Eye of Pincosta
The Big Match
Wand Beats Karate
Mixing Incantations
The Great Tree Attack
Livin' the Dream
Wild Dance Off
Uncomfortable Atmosphere
Day One
Everything Stays
A Place to Stay
Mirror Image
Spinning Top
Shadow
Puppies
Where Are They?
Obvious
With You By My Side
Would He?
Unfinished Business
Sequel???
Just A Hunch

Cursed Teapot

848 22 20
By boxxieofbox

(Y/n)'s POV:

I sat in a meditation circle with Rapunzel, Shorty, Eugene, Lance, and Hookfoot. "Do you hear that?" Rapunzel asked and I let my body relax completely. "That is the sound of peace and tranquility-" "Rapunzel! This was supposed to be a quick bathroom break not a meditation." Cassandra said interrupting. "I was multitasking." Shorty said making me stand up immediately get away from him. I  saw Varian standing next to Cassandra. "She got you to talk didn't she?" I asked him and sighed before nodding.

"Sorry, Cass, but look at this view! I mean, doesn't I that just inspire you?" Rapunzel asked while gesturing to the view. "You know what I find inspiring? Progress. Getting from point A to B without stopping to marvel at every meadow, valley, pond and knoll along the way." Cassandra said and we all went back to the caravan.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "None of the meadows were very impressive." I said softly. "You're also incredibly biased to your meadow." Varian said and I rolled my eyes. "Look, Cass, I know we have to get to wherever these rocks are leading us, but...aren't you afraid that if you focus too much on the road ahead, you might miss the fun at your feet?" Rapunzel asked causing Cassandra to laugh. "Don't worry about me, Raps. If I want fun, I know where to find it."

"Oh yeah? And where would that be? A funeral home?" Lance said laughing and Cassandra handed him something. "Uh what is this for?" Lance asked before whistling causing Owl to come down and start attacking Lance. I laughed as I watched Lance freak out still holding whatever Cass gave him. "See? Fun!" She said and we all got in the caravan.

I was explaining to Varian why cleansing everywhere in the caravan was essential when the caravan curved and I fell right on top of Varian. "Ow." Varian said under me and I quickly got up. "I-I'm so sorry Sapphs!" I said and helped him off the caravan floor. "You both okay?! I heard a kid scream!" Rapunzel shouted to us. "Were good, but neither of us yelled." I said and watched as her and Cassandra looked outside the windows to Eugene and Lance.

"Is everybody okay? I thought I heard a child scream, but it wasn't (Y/n) or Varian." Rapunzel asked. "It was just Lance." Eugene said and Varian helped me out of the caravan. "I didn't know Lance could scream like a little girl." I said with a smirk as Varian carefully helped me out. "Varian, I'm fine." I said and he shook his head no. "Nope! None of the bruises have gone away and neither have the wounds." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Varian I'm fine trust me."

"The wheel's broken. Don't worry, I can fix it." Eugene said and we watched as he rolled a spare wheel and tried to lift the caravan. Lance laughed and pushed him aside. "Here, here. Let me. After all...I am the strong one." "Wait a minute. Now done let this sleek, sinewy, insanely attractive frame fool you. I am the strong one." Eugene said before Hookfoot burst through the caravan door. "I'm stronger than both of you clowns!" Hookfoot said making Eugene and Lance laugh.

"Sounds like we got ourselves a good old fashioned muscle challenge!" Lance said and I turned to Varian seeing him face palm. "Are you going to join them?" I asked and Varian rolled his eyes. "Why bother? I have the greatest muscle of all of them. My brain." He said pointing to his head and I laughed turning to see the others flexing and kissing their biceps.

Cassandra sighed and face palmed. "This could be awhile." "That's great! It means we have time for a little adventure! And, seeing as this is the most beautiful forest I have ever seen, I say we take a hike!" Rapunzel said and I heard Varian sigh as he knew he'd be dragged along as well. "Take a hike? Fine! I know when I'm not wanted!" Shorty said before backing into a bush. "Pascal, keep an eye on him." Rapunzel said and pascal followed Shorty into the bush.

"Come one Cass! Who knows what we might find with a little exploring!" Rapunzel said practically glowing at her idea. "I don't know." Cass said and I got an idea. "Or we could all just stay here and watch whatever that is." I said pointing to the guy flexing, kissing their muscles, and trash talking each other.

"Come on! Explore it is." Cassandra said and Rapunzel grabbed a hold of my hand and Cassandra's. I quickly grabbed Varian's hand and we were pulled along with Rapunzel. Rapunzel ran through the water and Cassandra pushed down a dead tree to walk across. Varian carefully pulled me across the log and I stared down at the shallow water as he led me across. Rapunzel swung through the trees in her hair and Cassandra walked behind her. I crotched down to the flowers around us and Varian stood behind me waiting for me.

We caught up to Rapunzel and Cassandra on the inside of a large tree. Inside were glowing mushroom. Varian pulled out a notebook and started taking notes on them and took a few to probably do experiments on. I touched a blue one and I noticed that the glow stayed on my fingers. I turned to Varian and I drew blue circles around his eyes and laughed. "You look like a blue raccoon." I said and he smirked before touching an orange mushroom with one hand and holding my jaw gently as I tried to get away laughing. His fingers wiped the orange on my face and I tried to push him away still laughing. He let me go and smirked at me. "Now you're an orange cat." He said and I touched a green mushroom and smirked at Varian. "No no no. Don't do it." He said starting to back away before I smeared my hand on his face causing him to laugh and throw me over his shoulder and we walked out of the tree with Cassandra and Rapunzel.

"Well I've seen a lot of trees in my life. But these...are...some of them." Cassandra said before Rapunzel placed a pink flower crown on her head and dragging us towards a water fall. "Guys look! The cliffs of koto! Oh! I have always wanted to go there!" Rapunzel said and Varian put me down carefully and Cassandra threw the flower crown off her head. "Nope. No can do. We don't have that kind of time." Cassandra said before being pulled away by Rapunzel.

We were walking for quite awhile through the forest. Rapunzel was cheering and running around through the creepy forest. "Ugh, do you even know where we're going?" Cass asked and we all stood next to Rapunzel. "No, but that's what makes exploring- woah, oooh!" "Ahh!" We all yelled as we fell down a large hole. Was all fell onto the ground and I groaned in pain. "Fun!" "Yeah real fun." Rapunzel and Cass said and they both stood up and Varian carefully helped me up.

"What a positively..." We heard a voice say. "Rapunzel, kids! Get down!" Cass told us and she pushed us both to the floor causing me to groan again. "Sorry (Y/n)." She said and I nodded. "Brilliant afternoon it is! Wouldn't you say, Father?" "Your assertion, Mother, is undeniable." Two crazily dressed people said.

"Oooh-Kay. We should probably..." Cassandra trailed off as we all watched Rapunzel make her way towards the people. "Visit with the weird people drinking tea on toadstools in the middle of nowhere." Cassandra said and Varian helped me up again. "I don't have a good feeling about them." I whispered to Varian and we followed the two girls.

"Hi there! My name is Rapunzel, and these are my friends Cassandra, (y/n), and Varian." Rapunzel said and I watched Varian tense up a bit. "And what has brought Ladies Rapunzel, Cassandra, (Y/n) and Sir Varian to our humblest of abodes?" The woman asked. "She dragged me." Cassandra said pointing to Rapunzel. "We were following them." I said pointing over to Rapunzel and Cass. "Uh, we took a little detour out in this beautiful countryside to see what kind of adventure we might find." Rapunzel said enthusiastically.

"Oh! Well...how positively serendipitous!" The woman said.  "Please sit!" The man said and we all sat down. "What do you mean, serendipitous?" Rapunzel asked and I stared at the strange teapot. "Well, you seek adventure, and you might say Mother and I are somewhat aficionados of fanciful merriment." The man said filling a teacup for all of us. "I love fanciful merriment!" Rapunzel said. "May I ask where you acquired that teapot?" I asked as I stared at it. "It's a beautiful teapot!" Rapunzel added.

"Yes, it is quite beautiful. And yet, it's beauty is a minor benefit next to its magical properties." The woman said. "Magical?" Cass asked and I sighed pushing my cup of tea away. "Indeed, all of what you see here- the cottage, the toadstools, and even the birds all exist because of this teapot." The man said gesturing and my heart hurt as I looked at the birds.

"Uh, I-I don't understand." Rapunzel said and I sighed. "It's cursed." I said and Varian looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "You sure?" I asked and I nodded. "Why this teapot isn't cursed! It's hardly cursed at all! How would you like to enjoy our very modest forest as...a bird?" The woman said and they both flapped their arms like wings causing Rapunzel to laugh before she looked at the two. "O-oh wait...oh you're serious." Rapunzel said. "Please, it's scientifically impossible. Sorry, milady, but a simple teapot can't transform someone into a bird." Varian said taking a drink of his tea. "Okay, now we're outta here." Cassandra said pulling Rapunzel up before a bird whirled around them. "Ooh!" Rapunzel said watching the bird. "Please, don't be alarmed!" The man as a bird now said and Varian stared up at the bird.

"I-I, he, t-tea, how?!" Varian stuttered out as he tried to figure out a logical explanation. "Told you it was cursed." I said as I shrugged my shoulders. "I-it can't be." Rapunzel stuttered out. "Uh, (Y/n), want to give us an explanation as to how this is possible?" Cassandra asked and I sighed. "That teapot has a curse on it to change people into birds. It might seem completely harmless at first, but there will be a catch to it. It's like genies. Can't trust them no matter how charming they are. Probably has a rule like 'after three days you'll become a bird forever!' Or once it's taken affect it can only be transferred to someone else." I said as I watched the woman in front of me glare at me, but the others didn't notice.

"This is no curse! It is most wondrously sublime!" The parrot said as he flew up into the air. "For, lest you forget, birds are the very embodiment of the term freedom. You owe it to yourselves to enjoy this. Isn't that right, mother?" He said flying all around.

"Unequivocally. Seize this opportunity." Mother said. "Uh, look, um, I-I'm usually up for anything, but this is um..." Rapunzel started to be cut off by Cassandra. "Insane?!" "Idiotic, dangerous, did I say idiotic?" I said as I looked back at Rapunzel. "I mean, even if we wanted to, h-how would we even do that?" Rapunzel asked as she already started shrinking. "Well that's the beauty, dear, you already have. You've drunk the tea." Mother said and I facepalmed. 'They all drank the tea given to them by a stranger.'

I looked down to see Rapunzel, Varian, and Cass all as small birds. "Oh! U-uh I d-don't believe this!" Rapunzel said. "Are you kidding me?!" Cassandra yelled looking down at herself. I looked to my side to see Varian looking at his wings. "It's official. I've died and this is my punishment. Being surrounded by nothing but things that make no sense and don't have a scientific explanation. I'm in my own personal hell." He said as he stared in front of him with his wings on his head as he freaked out. "(Y/n)? You didn't drink the tea?" Rapunzel asked and I shook my head no. "Why would I drink something out of a cursed teapot? That's just stupid." I said and the three small birds glared at me.

"We're birds! What do we do?!" Rapunzel asked and I watched as Cassandra fell backwards and running up and catching herself on the edge of the table. "What did you do to us?!" "Oh no, please my crumpets. There's no need for distress. I assure you." The parrot said causing mother to laugh. "Forgive our chicanerous ruse, dears, it's often the only way to demonstrate that this gift is harmless and most temporary." She said as she cracked a blue egg over the parrots head causing him to turn back human.

"Our only caveat...you must return within one hour, so as to avoid the affliction we call 'avarian totalis.'" The man said and I glared at both of them. "What does that mean?" Rapunzel asked. "It means you'd become well...a bird brain. You'd not only look like a bird, you'd think like a bird. Your desire to be the person you once were would dissolve, and you'd remain a bird...forever." The man said and my eyes widened. "I told you there would be something like this!" I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Since you put it that way...give us those eggs now!" Cassandra yelled and I nodded. "Yeah I happen to love my brain and being a bird really isn't on my bucket list so please turn us back." Varian said begging them.

"Woah woah woah woah woah!" I heard Rapunzel say as she started flying. "Guys, guys! Did you see that?! I-I just flew!" She said before taking off and flying all around. "I'm flying!" She said and I facepalmed. 'Great! They got Rapunzel.'

"Indeed, we only meant to share our wonderful elixir with you." Father said and mother held up an egg. "Come now. Let us return you to your original beautiful state." She said and I noticed that both were distracted. I pointed one of my fingers at the eggs and let a soft pink mist flow out of it. It carefully and quietly wrapped around an egg and slowly brought it to me. Once it was close enough I grabbed it and put it in my pocket. I looked down and saw Varian staring at me and I gave him a smile and a wink.

"Just a second!" Rapunzel said before pulling Varian and Cassandra aside. "I know this is weird." She started. "No no no no. Having 70 feet of magical hair is weird. This?! This is full-blown wacko!" Cassandra said. "Uh guys I don't think Varian is taking the change too well." I said as I stared down at Varian who was pacing back and forth. "Okay, yes! It's wacko and a bit nerve wracking. But when are we gonna get this chance again?! They can turn us back whenever we want. And guys...we can fly!" She said before doing a short circle around them. "I am so going to regret this." Cassandra said as she sighed.

"Yes! Thank you!!! (Y/n), please join us!" She said with pleading eyes and I sighed before picking up the teacup. "If I get eaten by a bigger bird I'm leaving everything to Varian and Sunny. I'm gonna haunt the shit out of all of you if I die like this." I said before downing the tea. I waited for the curse to take affect and I shrunk down.

I looked at my now wings and saw they had blue, pink, red, and purple. "Okay! We will be back in one hour." Rapunzel said already taking off and the rest of us had a little bit of trouble getting the hang of flying. I stayed by Varian's side as we both soon got the hang of flying. 'This is going to be one hell of a story to tell the others.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4.7K 44
Complete! I Hear A Symphony ✔- A Varian X Reader Story As the younger sister of Rapunzel, your parents were strict. Your sister had been taken as a...
171K 4.9K 111
We all know what happened to Varian in the first season of "Tangled: The Series." He became the villain, was defeated by Rapunzel, and thrown into pr...
652 36 6
It was always just [Name] and Varian against the world. Best friends until the end of the lines. Despite the many disasters that come through their w...
548 0 45
(UNDER REVISION) Dear Journal, Flower gleam and glow, End this destiny, When I started this journey Shine into the dark, And let the darkness grow, I...