Lost in Captivity (Book 6)

By varzanic

~Book 6 of the Demon Series Three years, and Ranger has nothing. Not even a trail to follow. He’s wandering b... More

Chapter 1: To Hate the Sun
Chapter 2: Wrong One
Chapter 3 Headquarters
Chapter 4: One of Rogues
Chapter 5: Barely Above a Sub
Chapter 6: Replacement
Chapter 7: Sons of Rogues
Chapter 8 Must be a Sub Thing
Chapter 9: Part of the Pack
Chapter 10: New Bonds
Chapter 10: New Bonds-private
Chapter 11: Whatever You Say
Chapter 12: Midfield's Special Units
Chapter 13: Fur Fetish
Chapter 14: Don't Kill Him
Chapter 15: Interrogation
Chapter 17: A Phone Call
Chapter 18: Safe in His Arms
Chapter 19: All Grown Up
Chapter 19 All Grown Up-private
Chapter 20: Aden
Chapter 21: Learning the Hard Way
Chapter 22: Gorgeous
Chapter 23: Mating Dynamics
Chapter 24: Clever or Childish
Chapter 25: Tormenting the Subs
Chapter 26: Me or Them
Chapter 26: Me or Them-Private Version
Chapter 27: A Lingering Scent
Chapter 28: Call Disconnected
Chapter 29: The Chase
Chapter 30: The Decision
Epilogue

Chapter 16: Breaking Point

9.4K 595 68
By varzanic

Chapter 16

Breaking Point

~Ranger

“Identification tag.” The man handed the band back to me.

“And?” I spun it around in my finger.

The man sighed and looked at his computer screen. “There’s a trigger in it. I go any deeper, and it’ll activate.”

“So?” I put the band on the desk and pushed it to him. “Tell me what it says.”

“Information is encrypted.”

“Un-encrypted,” I snapped.

Man looked up at me. “You need the alpha’s permission, before I go any further.”

“Useless, you’re all useless,” I muttered, snatching the bracelet and marching out the door. I slammed the door, causing the surrounding furniture to shake. Even if Trevor said no, I’d go outside the pack to find out what was embedded in that chip.

***

~Shiloh

The door clicked, and I looked around the darkened room. The lights flipped on, and Becca hurried over.

“How are you today?”

“Good,” I rolled onto my side, my tail flicking back and forth.

She smiled and reached through the bars to scratch my head. “I found a way to get you out.”

“Really?” I jumped up and nearly shifted.

Becca gave me knowing glance. “We talked about that.”

“Sorry.” I laid down and poked my nose through the bars. “How?”

“You see our little friend over there.” She pointed at an owl. “He’s being released tonight, but a paperwork mistake going to make them take you.” Becca grabbed my chin. “ Do not let them know what you are, even if it doesn't work. We’ll find another way, so play along. If you do get out, I’ll be waiting in my car nearby the release point. Think you’ll be able to find me?”

I shrugged. “I’m an omega. I’m not as good at tracking as the others.”

She shook her head. “I’ll bring a treat with me. You’re favorite, think you’ll be able to smell that.”

Fresh meat, my tail went crazy. “Yes,” I yipped.

“Alright, be good until then.” She stood. “I’ll see you tonight.”

I nodded and watched her leave the room. Curling into a ball, I hoped this worked. I was ready to be free from these bars.

***

~West

My chin resting on the table, I stared across at the sub, who was picking at his food.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” he muttered.

My head fell to the side. “You’re usually excited on chicken day, for some odd reason.” I poked at the remaining food on my plate. “I’m a red meat guy myself.”

Lette glared at his food.

“You’re kinda like a fox,” I teased.

He sat up straight as his fur bristled. “I am not a fox. Chicken is good. Not just foxes eat it.”

“Then why aren’t you?” I sat up and finished off my drink.

He shrugged.

“Look Lette, until you finish your food we can’t play chess,” I lectured with a smirk.

The sub clenched his jaw. I could see that little bit of fire was ready to burst if I pushed him anymore.

“Come on, Lette. What is it?”

“I’m not telling,” he snapped. “It’s private.”

“Oh private,” I sat up tall and put my hands on the table. “That makes all the difference.” Slumping over, I narrowed my eyes at him. “What Boss not plow you lately.”

The blush showed through his fur. He quickly turned away. “No,” he hissed.

“That’s it,” I said with a smile. “I’m such a good guesser.”

“Shut up!” He exclaimed with his ear splaying out. “That’s not it. It’s not true.” He hid his face. “We’re fine. Everything’s fine.”

I sighed. I pushed him too far. Moving to the chair next to him, I rubbed his shoulder. “Sorry.”

“I think he has another lover,” he whispered, wiping his face.

“Oh, Lette. I’m sorry. That really sucks. They’re not going to send you away, right?”

The sub shook his head. “No. It’s happened before.” He let out a deep breath. “It still hurt, though. I thought I was enough.”

I hugged him. “Of course you are. You’re just suck being the lover to an ass.”

“He’s not an ass,” Lette whispered. “He’s nice to me.” The sub shifted in his seat. “Boss is strict. He’s strict with everyone, though.” Rubbing his arm, he peered out the window. “When we’re alone he’s really kind. He’ll bring me presents for no reason, and he never hurts me. Everyone thinks he does, but he’s careful. Even when he’s mad, he’s careful not to scratch me.” He slumped over on the table and wrapped his arms around his head.

“Do you love him, Lette?” I rubbed his back

Peeking up at me, he nodded. “Yes.”

***

~Shiloh

I waited patiently all day, staying as quiet as possible. The humans in white coat went about doing their usual routine. As the hours past, one by one they started to disappear until the room was empty.

Something was being wheeled down the hall. I lifted my head as the swinging door was opened.

A man read down a clipboard. “The wolf.”

“You sure?” The red haired man scratched his head. “This morning they said it was an owl.”

The taller human scanned the paper. “Nope, says wolf cage 12.” He looked at the sign blotted to my pen. “Why did you think I brought the big cage, if it was for an owl?”

The red head shrugged. “You’ve never liked birds.”

“Whatever, roll it over and try and get him inside.”

The cage was pushed up to a side panel, and the slab of bars was lifted. I glanced at the cage and then to the men. If I ran right in, would that be weird?

“Put some of the bait in the back,” said the bearded man.

A couple small pieces of meat were dropped in the back. I tiptoed in and tentatively ate them. The panel was shoved down and locked into place. I jumped when the metal clanged together. Laying down, I stared at them. I really hoped they’d bring me to Becca and not that horrible place she mentioned.

They rolled the cage out the door and down the hall. Someone in white was coming. The humans greeted each other and kept on walking.

“Wait,” said the woman.

I froze as the two men stopped and turned back to her.

“The wolf?” She walked over to the cage. “I thought it was the owl.”

The taller human grabbed the clipboard. “Says here the wolf. Mmmmm….” He flipped through a couple pages. “Next week the owl going to be taken to the south facility, see.” He showed her.”

“Hmmm…” She smiled and knelt down. “Well, I guess this is goodbye. You be good and stay out of trouble, alright.”

I whined softly.

“Poor thing,” she stood. “Better take him, before he gets any more traumatized.”

They said their goodbyes, and we started back down the hall. I let out a deep breath when we entered the garage. I was almost there. The cage was loaded into the back of a brown van. The humans climbed into the front. The vehicle started and pulled out onto the road. I listened to the tire against the road. I was so close to getting to go home, to be with Ranger.

Time was slow, and my nerves were growing. Every turn made my chest tightened as I feared they might be turning around. I might be able to break out if they did find out this was a mistake.

The van slowed, and I held my breath. The human got out and walked toward the back. The doors parted, and they rolled me down the ramp.

“Bring him close to the trees.”

They pushed me through the loss gravel and stopped at the forest edge.

“That should do it.” The bearded man wiped his forehead. Something started buzzing in his front pocket. “Go ahead and open it up. I have a family party I needed to get to.”

The red head laughed and started undoing the latches.

I watched the taller human as he took out his cell phone and fumbled with it. The locks were all retracted. Creeping to the front of the pen, I prepared myself to run.

“Hello… Oh.” He scratched his head. “Yeah we still have him. The owl? It said something about next week.”

The redhead sighed. “What is it?”

I shifted to my werewolf form and slowly raised my hand towards the human’s.

“There’s been a mix up. The owl and wolf were switched. We needed to take him back and get the owl,” he laughed.

“Idiot,” breathed the man. “I knew it was the owl.”

He reached for the lock. I jabbed my claw into his hand.

“Shit!” He jumped back. “Damn it,” he hissed.

“What did you do?” The other human went to him.

Waving his hand around, he continued to spew a wave of curse word. “Something stung me. One hell of a hornet stung me.”

“It’s the middle of the winter.”

I reached the bars and slowly lifted the panel. I slipped them back through once there was enough space along the bottom.

“Look at it!” The man held out his hand. “It’s still bleeding. I’m not imagining anything.”

I shoved up the bars with all my strenght. The care wide open, I darted out.

I ran.

They yelled and cursed as they chased after me. I would not go back. I’d fight them back if I had to. I would not go, not when I had my first chance at actually going home.

****

I so procrastinated this week. I had to do this minimalistic poster for a class and that kind of led to me spending all of Sat/Fri doing miminalistic cover for demon series... So I'm a little bit behind on homework. lol

But I got my update done on time at least lol

My background banner has all the covers. I need to fix some stuff with two of them, though. River's is by far my favorite. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.9K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...
1M 31.4K 67
Book 1: The Submissive Series Xander is the Alpha of the Crimson Moon Pack, the most powerful Pack in the supernatural world. He is a strong and po...
474K 21.1K 26
--Demon Series, Book 5-- Hidden Peak is dying, and no one cares. Ranger is the last hope of the battered werewolves that remain. He’s given up o...
446K 19.8K 27
~BOOK 1 Saviour series ~ **UNDER RECONSTRUCTION** Not everything is as it seems. Evan has never been loved, never been cared for. He has always been...