The Memories That Follow

By chespinfan

After Leaving everything back in Kalos, Ash worries about the decisions he had made that day. " I regret Ever... More

Chapter 1: Our Last Time Together
Chapter 2: Regret
Chapter 3: A Long Needed Vacation.
Chapter 4 :Long Awaited Reunion
Chapter 5: I've Missed you
Chapter 6: Three Words
Chapter 7: I'm Sorry
Chapter 9: Suspicious Conversation
Chapter 10: A New Friend
Chapter 11: Why Now
Chapter 12: A New Goal
Chapter 13: Tired
Chapter 14: Maybe Too Rude
Chapter 15: Another Flight
Chapter 16: Even More Flights
Chapter 17 : Calem's Confession
Chapter 18: Our Last Time Without Each Other
Whats Next , Explanations , and Reasons Not to Hate Me

Chapter 8: Results

762 20 5
By chespinfan

Oops sorry for not being able to update. I've been busy with life things so I wasn't able to update it. This chapter isn't anything special. Anyways thanks for reading!(for context purposes, the current time is 3pm)(Also, if my grammar or writing is bad, I was extremely tired while writing this.)

_____________________________

It didn't feel right seeing Serena cry. She seemed so happy and motivated throughout the whole week and all of that motivation and happiness disappeared.

"Serena.... It's okay. I'm totally fine with waiting. No matter what I'll always be supporting you" I say trying to comfort her.

"I was looking forward with spending more time with you. But because of me, we won't be together anymore. I'm sorry" she says.

"Thank you for coming Ash. I'm sorry I disappointed you" she says in a sad tone as she rushes to leave the closet and her Pokémon follow.

It hurt seeing her sad. Her performance was going great until she messed up but even so she tried her hardest but couldn't fix her mistake.

Why did she mess up?

Was it because of me?

When will I be able to see her again?

Could we still go back to Kalos in the future?

I stayed in the closet for about 10 minutes and I didn't even realize.  I was overthinking too much about the whole situation and it was stressing me out.

I walk out of the closet as well so I can go back with Serena to try and comfort her.

After looking around for Serena, I couldn't seem to find her. I asked some of the people backstage if they had seen her but none of them had seen her.

I asked around a bit more and turns out that she had already left. The best thing to do was to  text her and ask her where she was so I could find her.

[Hey Serena. Where are you? I looked everywhere for you but I couldn't find you so I asked someone if they had seen you. They said you left. Where are you? I want to see you again.]

She usually responds after a couple of minutes so I go back with Gou while I waited for her response.

1 Hour later

It had been an hour since I Texted her and I got no response back. Gou and I went back to the hotel room since I had nothing else planned for the day. Obviously, Gou did. He left once again to go looking for Pokémon while I just stayed in the hotel room.

I couldn't stop thinking about Serena and how she hasn't responded. I assume she wants to be alone for a while.

I let time pass by as I lay in bed.

8 hours later

It had been 7 hours since I sent her a message and she hasn't responded. Gou came back at around 7pm with dinner so I didn't really go out for the rest of the day. Since it was getting pretty late, I tried going to sleep.

I kept rolling around in bed but couldn't fall asleep. I was worried that Serena didn't respond to my message so I thought she didn't want to see me at all but at the same time I felt that she just wanted to be alone for a while.

I just couldn't go to sleep with such worries in my mind.

I just wanted to see her again. But I wanted to see her happy. It didn't help that our room was so dark due to the curtains being closed so I was forced to sleep while looking at complete black and darkness.

The only thing I could see in my head was the smile that Serena always had whenever we would be with eachother.

I kept on rolling around my bed in complete stress since I couldn't fall asleep. I was tired but for whatever reason something didn't let me fall asleep . I was slowly going insane until our room suddenly became a bit brighter. My phone was illuminating the room.

I had finally received a response. I immediately grab my phone and read what it said.

[Ash, I'm sorry for not responding. I've been in a bad and sad mood so I haven't checked my phone at all. I went back home as soon as I left and I immediately went to lay on my bed. I want to be happy again. Can you do me a favor and come over soon? I want to see you before it's too late.]

As soon as I read the message I got up from my bed and went to put on my shoes. I woke up Pikachu on accident so I told him that I was going over to see Serena. Since Gou was asleep, I brought Pikachu with me so I could take care of him.

I didn't tell Serena I was coming over at that time since I wanted to surprise her a bit. Not my way there I text Gou telling him about what I was doing so he could know as soon as he woke up.

Once I got to the building she was staying at, I told the receptionist that I was there to visit someone so they let me in.

Once I got to her door, I knocked it and the door immediately opened.

"Ash?Please come in!" Serena says.

She grabs my hand and leads me inside.

We sat down on her couch and talked for a while.

" I'm sorry for sending you a message that late. I just really want you to be here with me." She says.

Serena's voice sounds a bit sad. She must still be disappointed about her performance.

" I'm surprised you were awake. I sent you that text assuming you were going to see it in the morning" she says forcing a smile.

"I haven't been able to sleep well recently so I decided to come see you" I say with a genuine smile.

"Yeah, Me neither. I was so nervous the last couple of nights so I wasn't able to sleep well." She says.

" Our results will be given to us in about 3 days. It's faster than I thought. I don't think I'm prepared to see what I was ranked." She says in a sad tone.

"Don't worry Serena. Either way you did great. I'm proud of you for not giving up as soon as you messed up. That's exactly what I love about you." I say while I turn red.

We talked for a bit longer until we both felt tired. We ended up going to her room to sleep since the couch was too small.

It felt odd sleeping in the same bed as Serena but at the same time it felt comforting. 

Usually, I wouldn't be able to fall asleep so quickly but with Serena by my side, I felt more relaxed. We both fell asleep about 5 minutes after laying down.

3 Days later

I spent 3 days with Serena alone so I could try to make her happy. Thankfully, it worked and she smiled a bit more.

Sadly, today the results came in. Serena told herself that she wouldn't look at it but the results but she couldn't resist. The results came in by envelope and they were delivered by staff that worked on the contest.

Once Serena got hers, she opened it alongside me so she could feel a bit safer.

Serena carefully opened the envelope and took out the results. The results were about 4 pages long and it described everything they liked and hated about the performance. It also had legal things that any other legal document would have.

Serena immediately skipped every piece of text on the paper and looked for the results.

Once she found the results, her face immediately frowned.

She handed me the paper with the results on it so I could see what ranking she got.

She got 8th place.

She was supposed to get top 3 and they would let her go back to kalos. But since she got 8th, they won't allow her to.

I might not be able to be with Serena for a while.

_______________________________

Okay this is my least favorite chapter. Sorry if this was a bad chapter. Anyways if the story seems a bit bad, it is because this story was sort of experimental. Since this story was experimental, it was meant to be short. I promise you my next story will be multiple times better than this one but first I need to finish this one. Anyways, Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 637 6
Ash and Serena have been in a happy relationship for a little under 3 years now. All of that, however, might be about to change. Ash has been leaving...
410K 7.5K 61
"Do u remember the promise we did?" "I do..." Get ready to immerse yourself once again in the world of Pokemon FanFic. This fan fic respects the sto...
958K 16.6K 74
After his loss in Unova Ash returns home to regroup and plan which region he will go to next. However while planning his next region, tragedy strikes...
345K 5.8K 34
What would have happened to Serena and Ash if Serena hadn't watched the News on the day Ash saved Garchomp? After travelling though Kalos without enc...