Ophelia

By irl_remuslupin

****DISCONTINUED**** A girl who you think you know by her beautiful but intimidating appearance but you reall... More

The meeting
Fury little problem
She knows
Needs fixing
Mystery
Lies Part 1
Notice- not a chapter!
Normal Part 1
Normal Part 2
This story is discontinued

Lies Part 2

2 0 0
By irl_remuslupin

Hello! The story begins to get interesting at this part :) Hope you had something to eat and drank some water as well! It's gonna be a long chapter btw

SIRIUS POV
We haven't seen much of her over the past month. But with the full moon coming up she was sure to make an appearance. Unfortunately, Remus was already depressed, to add on a full moon definitely will not make it any better.
"Hey Remus cheer up mate we can go to the library today." I said with a little bit of hope that he would say yes. I don't really like to go but.. whatever it takes to make him a bit happier.
"No I think I should get some sleep, been tried. I am also busy today." Not to my surprise he said no, again. But what does he mean he's busy?
"You're busy? What's Moony doing today that he can't go to his favorite place?" I said with a smirk growing on my face.
"Oh my Quidditch practice." James sits down at the table in full Quidditch gear,
"Oh you poor thing, You have to sit through that." Lily, who was definitely eavesdropping whether she'll admit it or not, said to Remus in a sarcastic tone.
"Would you like to join, Lily?" He said with that gross lovey look he always gave Evans.
"Hey guys look it's the owl post!" Peter exclaimed before she could spit back a comment.
"Oh yeah." Remus looked up from his oats that he's yet to touch.
A barn owl swoops down to drop an envelope on my lap. Immediately I knew who it was from and so did everyone else. Was I planning on opening this one up? It's probably the same screeching of disappointment. But it for sure wasn't going to be in front of all my friends. I try to distract myself from the terrors in this letter. Why can't they  leave me alone already?

Days have past and I still haven't read the letter. The full moon is tomorrow night. Everyone is passed out and I am the only one left awake in the dorm. I leave the room not wanting anyone to hear me open the letter, you never know who is truly sleeping, I grab it out of my desk and leave. I peak my head out to make sure no ones in the common room. I hold the envelope in my hands and I open it has I start to read I find my self start to cry and it doesn't stop it just comes pouring out like I just opened the gates to an ocean of tears. I curl up on the armchair closing my eyes shut when I feel someone's arms around me. I thought it was Remus or James. But it was... Lily? I guess I didn't check the entire room. I wipe the tears from my face, how could I let anyone see me like this. I feel so vulnerable, it's horrible.
"Sirius it's okay, I won't tell anyone about this." She gave me a empathetic look, seems like I am not the only one with a crappy family.
"Thanks." I give a small smile to reassure her that I am okay. Am I though? Of course I am, I'm bloody Sirius Black for Merlins sake.
"You wanna take about it, I won't judge." No. She can't know anymore, I have to stay strong, can't show any tears. 'Not one single drop' as the old hag would say.
"No I am okay really, I am." I gave yet another fake smile. At least she's buying it.
"Okay do you want to talk about anything else?" Now that I really looked at her she looked awful, not in a rude way. But she had bags under eyes looked like she's been crying, a lot.
"Yeah I do, d' you ever see Rae in the dorms?" It looks like that didn't help but she answered it anyway.
"All the time, but she doesn't speak to me as much." I could see the tears she was holding back.
"So... she isn't talking, great. But at least she didn't leave completely like last time." Brought some light to this dark situation.
"No she just needs some time alone that's all." We said are goodbyes and promised never to mention this to anyone, not that we didn't do anything. It's just, we were both crying.( I always loved there friendship)

When I step out of the bathroom from my morning shower I see Remus sacked on his bed, then it hit me today's the full moon. The thing the Remus dreads the most. The whole day me and James planned out the full moon. We planned to go on a run through the forest with Moony, Prongs, Padfoot and Wormtail. We had set to leave the common room at 8:00 which would give us about 23 minutes to get him ready and make sure we have all the potions for after. Time ticked away as we sat in the common room waiting for the clock to chime eight. Everyone was quietly studying, I could feel the tension between us all. James was trying to make us laugh but with everything going on no one wanted to laugh. For it seemed like hours it was finally eight we jumped to are feet and told everyone we best get a good night sleep; like any of use ever do. We run to the dorm grab the invisibility clock and the Marauders map and wait for someone to leave or enter the common room letting us go without any suspicion. We took the Whomping Willow path seeing no one was there. We were walking to the Shrieking Shack when Remus says something.
"You know you don't have to come to every full moon." He says this every time.
"Of course we do we are you best friend." James says giving him a small pat on the back.
"Yeah we wouldn't be if we weren't plus we don't mind it." We really didn't most nights it was fun. Most nights.
"Okay fine just hope the wolf takes it easy on you guys I hate the thought that-" He always says this we keep telling him it will never happen.
"Don't finish that sentence, because it's not gonna happen Moony." James was constantly making sure we all were okay and happy. Never has there gone a a day where he doesn't ask. He's such a great friend.
"James is right it won't happen." I gave Remus a smile to let him know that whatever happens it's going to be okay.

We soon arrive at the Shrieking Shack and set up everything we leave Remus to transform and then we burst in as are animagus forms. Just as I expected the wolf was a little on edge but when we lead him outside to run. We were running for a few minutes when something caught our eyes. It was a silver wolf. Could it be the one Remus and Evans saw on patrol. Anyway it approaches us Moony takes note and walks up to I want to say it is a female wolf. Looking at the ear shape. Gonna have to thank professor McGonagall. We meet I look into her eye I swear for the second I knew her like we had known each other my whole life. I guess that the side effect of looking a sliver wolf in the eyes. I snap out of my trance when I hear a growl from Moony, it happened so quick I couldn't stop it he had hit the silver wolf in the arm badly as she runs off limping I could see Prongs look at me and could tell something was up even Wormtail noticed it. Moony was a werewolf yes, but would never do that to another creature it's not in any werewolves nature. Especially since the wolf never attacked him. After we started to head back to the Shack Moony got a little out of control who ever that was or whatever it did it shock his core. He was throwing us against the wall prongs had to pull the bull move and hit him with his antlers. The sun started to come out. Finally. And we left the room letting him transform back into a human. As we enter he was crying we rush up to him in pain he had given us a lot of hits. It was one of the worst moons yet,
"I am so sorry." He was covered in blood and had tears in his eyes. We gave him a small hug as we all were in pain.
"Hey it's okay Remus, but do you remember anything?" I said hoping we didn't have to explain the incident.
"Yes, I do actually. I remember the wolf feeling angry, really angry, and then there was a flash of sliver and that's all I remember." His eyes were full of regret, they looked blocked off and tried. He looked horrible, it hurts me so much to see my friends like this.
"It was the silver wolf, she came up to you and you hit her arm pretty badly." Peter said.
"W-what, how do you know it's a female?" Remus said, my pain only getting worse.
"Well 'member that transfiguration lesson on identification of gender, I used the information from that to figure it out." I smile proudly knowing that I figured it out. I am worth something.
"Perfect, know we can figure out who it is since we know it's a girl and they'll have a cut on there arm." The happiness leaving his face, remember that it was him who will give her that perfect scar.
"Yeah, is it really that important figuring out who she is?" I said giving him a small smile.
"Of course it i-" Remus whined in pain, we got caught up in the conversation we forget where we were.
"Let's talk about this later here Remus drink this; James, Peter wa-" I don't have to ask them to help they already were getting the next potion and bandages ready.
"We know, we know." James said in a taunting tone.

We leave the Shrieking Shack James and Peter supporting Remus, while I carry the potions and other supplies. As we walk to the school we say nothing to each other. Once we arrive at the infirmary and give Remus off to Madame Pomfery. We agreed that I would take the first shift but since he was already awake we took some of the potions and bandages and went back to the dorm. In the dorm room it was a subtle quiet. Peter's light snoring and the early sun coming in through the window. I woke up it was the next morning and we all head down to see Remus. He was doing better but would be ready to leave by lunch so we said our goodbyes. We met up with Evans in the library. We filled her in on last nights events. Well not the whole truth, she doesn't know Remus is a werewolf. So we told her we were out there for a prank and Remus wasn't feeling well. And she believed it,
"So it was true! Well now we can figure out who it is." She looked so happy, compared to the last time we spoke. She has obviously gotten over what happened or is faking it.
"Yeah but what's weird is Remus said they live in parts of France." We were looking up information,
"So what would a silver wolf be doing at Hogwarts?" James said with a very confused look on his face.
"Well it has to be going to school here, Potter." Evans rolls her eyes at James' comment. We talked about this for all of breakfast as well. It's all we can think about.
At lunch we met up with Remus in the great hall and got right back to talking about this whole issue when I go to another roll when my eye catches something.
"Hold that thought, look who just walked in." We all look the where James was pointing.
"No way." Lily was in shock she hasn't seen Rae in the dorms a lot and when she does they don't talk. It's what she told me that night my mother sent me the letter, but she said she's seen her less and less,
"Are we dreaming?" I ask to make sure we aren't, because this is to good to be true. We suspect she has been going to the kitchens get food. She doesn't see us and goes over to Ravenclaw table. But she has more noticeable cuts on her face.
"W-where did those c-c-cuts come from?" Peter ask with a shaky voice.
"Peter I think we know the answer to that." James was right but how I mean, how do we know if it's even true?
"Guys we shouldn't jump to conclusions we should ask her about it." I said in a very serious voice if I do say so myself.
"It makes sense that it's her, she's always going on walks or long runs." Lily has some defeat in her voice.
"Then why would she want to help us catch it?" Remus says it's the first thing he's said through all of this. He looked calm, but I knew he was hurt badly.
"Well..."James gives him that look, of you-know-to-lead-us-in-the-wrong-direction.
"Exactly." Evans agreed, with James, what a shocker, but I didn't mention it.
"I going over there." Remus looked angry, I've only seen him angry a few times, but this was different. It's weird he doesn't talk much about Rae but it seems like that's the only thing on his mind.
"Oh no you are not, did you forgot how we left things of with her and what happened before that." I mean she isn't wrong, it was pretty bad.
"Yeah so" Remus has this look of longing determination. He wants to speak to her, but why this badly, does he really think she's the wolf?
"She needs to come to us" Lily I am assuming also notice's this and is trying to stop him. Ha stop Remus when he's this determined, never.
"What if she doesn't" He had doubt in his a eyes, a painful doubt.
"Then we go to her." I hope she knows she's not making sense. Maybe it's from hanging out with us too much.
"Um" Bloody hell Rae!?
"RAE!!!??" We all said it in unison, it was truly quite shocking.
"Hi I just wanted-" She looked sad... Why?
"What happened you have cuts all over your face" Remus you bloody idiot let her finish, we already know that answer!
"I was angry and was walking right towards the whomping willow." Wait I thought we knew the answer, why's she lying?
"Show us your arm" Remus I hope you won't regret this...
"Wait Remus-" I was cut off by James. He was looking at Rae sternly, scary.
"Remus this isn't the time" He was right, we shouldn't be doing this now.
"No, show us your arm." Here's the same determination again, god what is it with him.
"Remus calm down" Lily it's not going to work this time, this time he's going to get what he wants.
"Fine, I don't know why you want to see it there's nothing there. I don't have a stupid dark mark." Merlin she thought we were asking about that! Talk about a miscommunication.
"So are you not on their side" Remus stopped in his tracks, he was probably regretting acting so mean.
"Heavens no! I was going to the library to apologize to you when they stopped me, they were going to say something but then you guys came along." I guess that sounds okay, like the truth. I hope she isn't lying.
"So then why did you run away, without giving a proper explanation?" Lily said
"Well I got overwhelmed and didn't know what to do, so I ran, like always." She really seemed...broken.
"Yeah it kinda your thing now." Remus let out a small chuckle with that.
"So you're all okay with what's happened?" She had a glimpse of hope in her eyes.
"Yes of course, but you ever do that again I swear Rae I don't know what I am gonna do!" Lily was laughing and so was Rae.
"Okay, okay I won't I promise!" She promises...

Word Count: 2781
Edited

Hey everyone! Sorry for the long chapter. Hope you are liking the story so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 229 54
(CHAPTERS WITH ONLY A '~' AT THE START WITH NO NUMBER ARE BEING REWRITTEN.) Elladora Walburga Black was the twin sister of Sirius Black, elder sister...
105K 3.6K 51
What if James was in love with Regulus as well as Lily? After Sirius left for Hogwart he left his younger brother, Regulus Black behind to deal with...
446K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
39.1K 946 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...