The Royal Stranger

By varshachindam

Vrishali was popularly known as the life of the party. She had a natural ability to make friends with anyone... More

Welcome
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
Epilogue
A page from my journal
The Royal Commoner

14

20.9K 999 47
By varshachindam

Vrishali groaned in pain looking at her reflection in the mirror. Her long hair is taking so much time while she styles it in a fishtail hairstyle.

She woke up early in the morning by four as it takes so much time to get ready. She draped herself in a beautiful green Kanchipuram silk saree.

It took her almost one hour to tie the saree in a proper manner. The only thing which is left is the makeup and putting on the jewellery. Good thing she learned how to tie a saree from Naina and her mother.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in..." She spoke looking at the door in the mirror.

Padmanabh opened the door, stepped in and found Vrishali standing before the mirror. He blinked his eyes looking at her reflection in the mirror as she worked on her long hair.

He scanned her from head to toe. He never saw her wearing a saree as Marwari women mostly preferred poshak and lehengas. He gulped down the lump looking away when she turned around to face him.

"Good morning," he said standing there awkwardly.

"Good morning."

"Hmm, do you mind if I use the restroom to get ready? There is no guest restroom," he spoke looking at her.

Vrishali nodded her head, "sure, I just need the mirror."

Padmanabh went to the living room where he kept the luggage. He exhaled heavily after stepping out of the room.

"What's wrong with me..." He whispered to himself. He never felt like this before. He walked back to the bedroom to see Vrishali applying eyeliner.

Without saying anything he made a beeline toward the restroom. Vrishali looked at the closed bathroom and quickly stood up with her makeup bag.

She went to the living room to do her make-up and to put on her jewellery. She kept her make-up simple, added small floral pins to her hair making it look beautiful.

"Long hair is tiring but it's beautiful." She murmured looking at herself in the medium-sized mirror that she carries with her.

She clicked her pictures and sent them to her mum, dad, cousins and other friends. She smiled as they complimented her.

She laughed out loud when her male friends from college and school started hyping her up. She was quite famous in her high school as she was one of the cheerleaders in the school. Rolling her eyes she texted back saying about her whereabouts.

Padmanabh pushed the wet locks of his hair back buttoning his silk jacket which he wore on the white kurta. He doesn't have the time to use the hair drier nor he prefers that. He left his wet hair to air dry naturally while putting on his watch.

He looked at the door hearing Vrishali's laugh. His phone started ringing. He answered it looking at the caller ID.

"Hello." He listened to the other side.

"Hmm, we will be starting in twenty minutes. Everyone is ready and the mandap is near the main temple. The vrath will be starting soon, then we will be going to darshan."

He ended the call after a minute, finishing up with his hair and putting on the scent. He went to the living room to see Vrishali talking on a phone call. He looked at her as she sat there smiling talking on the phone.

Something unknown sparked inside him that he doesn't understand. He simply stood there eyeing her from a distance, enjoying the smile on her face as she made faces while speaking. Their eyes met, she mouthed him if they are leaving. He nodded his head.

"Listen, I will call you later in the evening," Vrishali said.

"You better and I love you," Hailey replied loudly making Vrishali laugh.

"Haha, I love you too." Padmanabh frowned his brows before putting on a blank face when Vrishali stood up with her tote bag.

Padmanabh took his wallet which was on the dining table before walking out followed by Vrishali.

"Where is nanaji and naniji?(grandparents)" Vrishali asked Padmanabh who is locking the suit.

"They are waiting in the lobby." Vrishali looked at Padmanabh's back as he walked before her. She expected a little compliment from him but he didn't seem surprised seeing her all dressed up traditionally.

She frowned as they waited for the elevator. Everyone told her that she is looking like an Indian princess while her husband is busy texting on his phone.

The elevator doors opened, they stepped in and Padmanabh pressed the button L. Padmanabh stopped himself from turning his head to see Vrishali. There is this urge to see her face with bindi but it would make him awkward if she caught him looking at her.

He can smell the sweet smell of fresh jasmine flowers which she used to decorate her hair. The sound of her bangles is making it hard for him to concentrate. He looked at his leather sandals instead, the elevator doors opened as they heard the computerized voice.

He walked towards where his grandparents and parents are waiting. Vrishali looked around as everyone wearing traditional clothes is standing or moving or talking with their family members.

They greeted the elders, Diya Kumari is kind of shocked looking at Vrishali. She thought Vrishali doesn't know how to wear a saree.

"Oh my, you look so pretty dear," rajmatha Falguni Singh said patting Vrishali's hand.

Vrishali smiled, "thank you naniji."

"I don't know that you can wear a saree," rajmatha Falguni Singh said.

"Haha, I'm a fashion designer. I made clothes for my cousins, I know how to wear a saree."

"That's good." They spoke to each other as they waited for their drivers.

Diya Kumari and Narendra Singh stepped into a car. Padmanabh took the driving seat of the second car followed by Vrishali, Sawai Bhawani Singh and rajmatha Falguni Singh.

Vrishali looked at the morning sky and the roads in awe. The roads are very clean and empty with greenery everywhere.

She couldn't stop herself from taking pictures and videos on her phone. They reached the place where the Satyanarayana vrath is going to happen. Vrishali looked at the royal guards standing in chronological order. She didn't know that bodyguards are going to be there.

"Stand together, I will take a picture of you two," rajmatha Falguni Singh spoke looking at Vrishali and Padmanabh.

Vrishali looked at Padmanabh awkwardly and he looked at rajmatha Falguni Singh not knowing what to say.

"Why?" Diya Kumari asked but shut her mouth when Sawai Bhawani Singh looked at her.

"Take a picture." Padmanabh stood beside Vrishali with his hands back and shoulders straight. Vrishali slightly stood before him smiling at the camera. Padmanabh with his usual facial expressions looked at the camera.

"You two look good together," rajmatha Falguni Singh complimented looking at the pictures on her phone. They hired a professional photographer for photographers of Padmanabh and Vrishali. Padmanabh isn't aware of this.

"Thank you," Vrishali replied taking the phone from her hands. She looked at the picture, she can't help but think how hot Padmanabh is looking in that kurtha standing tall beside her.

His body physic is making Vrishali seem like a Lilliput. Padmanabh glances at the photo from behind, his gaze went to the smile on Vrishali's face in the photo.

Her smile looked so natural and genuine making him look like a serious person standing beside her.

"Are we going to stand here all day? The priest is calling us," Diya Kumari spoke before walking. Vrishali almost rolled her eyes before everyone.

"At least his friends aren't here," Vrishali thought with a smile on her face but it soon vanished away when she saw the two figures waiting near the priest.

"Harika and Vijay are here," Padmanabh spoke.

"You invited them?" Sawai Bhawani Singh asked.

"Yes."

"Good." Vrishali scanned Harika from head to toe to see her wearing a maroon saree and smiling widely at Padmanabh. Vrishali doesn't want to cruse standing in a holy place so she bites her tongue looking at Harika and the guy beside her.

"Woah, is she the one?" Vijay whisper asked Harika as he watched Padmanabh and others enter the hall.

"Hmm." Harika's gaze shifted to Vrishali who is beside Padmanabh.

"She is beautiful though, Padmanabh lucked out with her," Vijay said looking at Vrishali.

"Shut up."

"Okay?" Vijay said with frowned eyebrows.

The greetings were exchanged before Padmanabh and Vrishali sat on the wooden seat side by side. They are going to perform their first-ever Satyanarayana vrath.

Satyanarayanã means "The highest being who is an embodiment of Truth."

Vratã or Puja means a religious vow. Hindus perform Sri Satyanarayanã Vratã for the divine blessings of health, wealth, prosperity, opulence, education; relief from troubles and sickness.

It is also performed because of success in business or career growth; during social functions like marriages, house-warming ceremonies, the naming of the children, and so on.

The vrath started with Ganesh puja. Diya Kumari sat in between her husband and Harika.

"Are you joining us for darshan dear?" Diya Kumari asked Harika.

"Yes aunty, Padmanabh invited me and Vijay. We will be there," Harika replied looking at Diya Kumari.

"Good, let's sit down for a cup of tea later."

"Sounds good ma'am."

"Oh, call me Diya aunty."

"Okay, Diya aunty."

*

Vrishali smiled and took blessings from the priest after the end of their puja. She bumped into Padmanabh while standing up. Padmanabh held on to Vrishali's arm supporting her.

"Thank you," Vrishali replied holding her saree. Padmanabh nodded his head before turning to Vijay to reply something while Vrishali walked over to where Rajmatha Falguni Singh and Sawai Bhawani Singh were.

"Ohoh, where is your sindoor? Why didn't I observe that before?" Rajmatha Falguni Singh said looking at Vrishali.

"I didn't bring my sindoor box," Vrishali replied. Rajmatha Falguni Singh shook her head and took the red sindoor plate which they kept for the puja.

"Pacho..." Rajmatha Falguni Singh called out. Padmanabh stopped speaking with Vijay and looked at where his grandma stood.

"Yes?" He walked over.

"Here, Vrishali forgot to apply the sindoor. Apply it for her," rajmatha Falguni Singh said.

"Me?"

"It's fine, I will apply it," Vrishali and Padmanabh spoke at a time. Rajmatha Falguni Singh laughed.

"Pacho, you are her husband. Apply it..."

Padmanabh reluctantly agreed and took the sindoor box. He started putting it on Vrishali's forehead and like at the time of their marriage the sindoor fell on her nose.

Vrishali made a face immediately when the sindoor powder fell on her face. Rajmatha Falguni Singh laughed patting Padmanabh's arm.

"Don't worry Vrishali, it is said that if the sindoor falls on your nose it means your husband will love you so much and protect you from the evil."

"Love? I can see that..." Vrishali thought sarcastically in her mind. She shook her head thinking about it.

"Did you say something?" Padmanabh asked Vrishali handing her the hankie.

"Nope." he looked at her as she didn't make eye contact with him.

"Padmanabh, it's time for darshan," Harika butted in.

Padmanabh observed Vrishali as she rolled her eyes this time before turning around to leave the hall with everyone. Harika walked to where Padmanabh stood, her leg twisted and she made a noise alerting Padmanabh.

"Careful..." Padmanabh said holding Harika. She smiled at him holding onto his arm. Vrishali and others turned around when they heard Harika's voice.

Vrishali grunted her teeth in annoyance and in anger watching the scene. Vijay made a sound, his eyes met Vrishali's who is looking at him with angry eyes. He gave an awkward smile before turning away.

"Careful, beti," Rajmatha Falguni Singh said.

"Nothing happened, Pacho was there to hold me before I fell," Harika said. Padmanabh stepped away not liking the touch and also he needs to tell Harika not to call him Pacho.

"Let's go Harika, Padmanabh needs to drive their car," Vijay spoke to make everyone move from their places.

"We are going in the same car, Vijay," Harika replied.

"Huh?" Padmanabh asked confused.

"I asked nanaji and naniji. They will be going in another car while I and Vijay join you," Harika said. Vrishali closed her eyes to control her anger.

*

Hey everyone, I hope everyone is safe and happy. Recently_07-04-2021 to 14-04-2021) I went on a solo trip to Jaipur and Udaipur... Jaipur was too good and beautiful, I went to all the places and even visited the real city palace. It was damn and for a fact, they do have a real king at present who is 23 years old and his name is Sawai Padmanabh Singh. Didn't ask much about him as I was busy basking in the sight of all the palaces and forts. The trip was cut short because of COVID but I truly enjoyed my solo trip. Hope to visit Rajasthan soon to cover the rest of the districts.

That is me inside the city palace where the present king stays. A few rooms are open for the public for sightseeing. It was too beautiful...

Didn't see the king lol...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 14.2K 67
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
145K 10K 56
Some people enter our life so unexpectedly at a time we never expect. They make a serious impact in our life but then they leave. But very few time...
265K 9.1K 56
*𝐀𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐒𝐚𝐧 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞π₯* The whole world had stopped for them and all they could hear was their racing heartbeats after all they were in each o...