The Dove's Vow || Kamitani Ha...

By AeKa20

Where a Dove and a Hawk find each other... "Hey you." "Yes...?" "The baseball club needs a manager, want to j... More

Summary
Prologue
Character Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
A Note of Thanks!

Chapter 7

4.2K 174 0
By AeKa20

"You useless child! You are just like your bastard of a father! You will leave the people who matters most in life and hurt everyone around you!" a shrilled female voice screamed as she felt another slap across her face. The older female had no mercy and venom laced each word she exclaimed.

The girl fell down to the floor as the older woman kicked her stomach, "I can't believe that teacher called you a blessing! Pah- you're just a curse to me!" she shouted as she held up a beer bottle and started to trudge away to the door.

She turned to the girl one last time, a pair of cold blue eyes glaring at her, "Just like falling in love with him, I regret giving birth to you and having you both in my life." She icily said before leaving the room.

The little girl felt tears finally fall from her own blue eyes, nothing hurts more than those words uttered to her, as if she were the most vile and disgusting thing in the world.

At that moment, she felt the world grow colder and darker...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The next moment she opened her eyes, she saw the ceiling and the sun rays brightening the room.

It was a day-off from school and at this moment, Hatogai Yuna just binge-watching a whole drama last night 'til early morning and overslept in her apartment bedroom. "That dream again..." she mumbled as she forced herself to sit up. That dream was a part of her childhood, a past that was imprinted on her no matter how many times she wanted to forget.

Lost in her thoughts, she heard a ring from the nightstand and she drowsily took her phone and answered the call. "Good morning, who is this?" she asked as the person on the other side sighed at her.

"Hatogai, it's already noon, and it's Nezu." Chuukichi stated as Yuna lets out a nervous laugh. "Sorry, I overslept. Moreover, why did you call? Did you need something?" she asked her friend.

"Yeah, I have work to do but Suekichi and Kichi wants to play football. I was supposed to ask Tomoya but they said no. Do you want to look after them instead?" Nezu asked for the favor.

Yuna smiled, "I'd be happy to spend time with them! I'll be there soon, give me 20 minutes to prepare." She said as they bid their farewells. Yuna stood up and hurriedly prepared for the football hang out with the Nezu twins.

Yuna adored Nezu's younger siblings, she rarely met the older one, but she always saw the twins and the youngest daughter Kyouko. Since she used to play football, she immediately got the favor of the twins, who always asked to play with her while Kyouko was always happy to have a girl play with her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuna wore an oversized sweater over her plain gray shirt and slightly loose black pants and pulled her hair into a ponytail. She double-checked her look, then checked her small bag for bottles, towels, her wallet, and emergency kit. Seeing that everything was ready in 10 minutes, she exited her apartment and sped off to Nezu's place.

"Yuna-nee!" the Nezu twins exclaimed as Yuna entered the Nezu family's humble abode. "Why are you here?" Kichi asked as Suekichi nodded his head.

Yuna smiled, "You're brother called me here to look after you two since you guys wanted to go out to play." She smiled as the boys grinned excitedly. "Please play with us Yuna-nee!" Suekichi asked as Kichi furiously nodded, both of them radiating energy.

"Don't forget to behave and don't give Hatogai any trouble." Chuukichi said as he was dressed to go to work. He neared his friend and offered a small smile, "Sorry for calling you on a short notice." He apologized but Yuna waved off the apology, "It's okay, I don't mind spending time with Suekichi and Kichi. It was either that or they end up with Yagi." She snickered as the twins held onto her legs.

"Please don't leave us with that guy!" they begged, not wanting to stay with their brother's nose-bleeding friend who liked to visit their place. They favored Yuna for the one reason that she wasn't that weird.

"Don't worry you two, we're going to play on the field nearby here. But we should go eat lunch first." Yuna chuckled as she patted their heads. She turned to Nezu, "I'll take care of them, so be rest assured Nezu. We'll back right before dinner." She smiled as the boy nodded.

"Thanks Hatogai, though don't spoil them." He said, knowing how she liked buying whatever the boys wanted as long as it's within reason. "No promises." She drawled out as she waved bye-bye to the sighing Nezu.

She turned to the twins, who both took their bags and grinned up to her. She grinned back, "Well then boys, let's go!" she chirped as they left the household and went to find the nearest café.

After the meal, they rested for a bit before heading to the soccer field of the neighborhood. There weren't many people in the field right now, thus the three had a lot of space to play in. Kichi brought out their soccer ball as the twins already went to the field to play. Yuna set down their bags by the bench and sighed at their excitement. Kids really are full of energy.

"Yuna-nee! Come on and play!" they called as Yuna lets out a laugh and took off her sweater, "Coming!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

They played until 4pm, the twins eager to learn tricks and skills from Yuna. Yuna may have had quit playing football, but she would still watch matches and try any cool skill she sees. She really couldn't give up on the sport, though her life is currently baseball-filled, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

She lets the boys drink their water bottles empty and wipe their sweat while she fixed their messy bags, preparing to leave. "Are you guys ready?" she then asked, tying her sweater around her waist before taking her bag.

The two boys nodded, getting their bags, and holding her hands, "Yes Yuna-nee!" they answer with smiles. She smiled back, "Let's head back then!" she chirped.

As they walked back, they passed by a bakery and Yuna paused in her step, seeing the boys look at the sweets on display. She saw how they wanted to at least try the delicacies from the rather pricey bakeshop.

"Don't spoil them." She heard Nezu's voice at the back of her head.

And she happily ignored the voice, internally apologizing to her friend.

"Want to buy something?" she asked gently and triumphantly smiled at the two nodding boys. "Let's enter the shop then." She chirped as they went in the bakery, being welcomed by the delicious smell of different pastries and assorted cakes. The boys' eyes sparkled under their bangs and with wide grins, they looked around.

Yuna chuckled seeing their childishness, "Choose one pastry we can buy as a batch for the family, okay?" she chided as the two boys nodded, determined to choose the one they want most.

She doesn't want a repeat of the last time she bought sweets for the Nezu family. She was also with Suekichi and Kichi that time, and couldn't resist anything they asked for, and bought so many sweets that Nezu scolded the three of them and forbade Yuna to visit for a month.

"Yuna-nee, we want that one, is that okay?" Suekichi asked as Kichi pointed at the Creampuffs display by the counter. Yuna lets out a smile, "Of course it's okay. Let's go order." She said as they went to the counter's cashier.

"How much and many pieces are there for a box of creampuffs?" she asked as the cashier lady answered that there were 10 pieces in a box for a slightly pricier cost, but considering the brand and bigger size, Yuna smiled and ordered two boxes for the Nezu Family to have.

As the two boxes were given to them, Yuna let Suekichi hold one of the boxes and the other box was in her hand. "Okay then, let's go." She cheered as the twins grinned widely in pure joy, "Thank you Yuna-nee!" they exclaim once they exited the bakery. Their smiles were more than enough to repay her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

They arrive in the Nezu residence, and was met by a sighing Chuukichi, looking at the two boxes of sweets. "Chuukichi-nii-chan, we're back!" the twins chorused as the 3rd brother Shoukichi took the Suekichi's box of sweets happily to spread out on the table with the twins following him, the three full of cheers.

Yuna laughed as she followed suit with Chuukichi to set down the second box. As the twins opened both boxes, with Shoukichi and Kyouko grinning widely at the creampuffs, Chuukichi sees the sweets and turned to his too kind friend.

"How much do I have to pay?"
"Pay me with love and affection, Nezumin."

"Damn Yuna-nee, that was smooth!" Shoukichi hollered as Yuna laughed out loud and Chuukichi sighed, shaking his head.

"Jokes aside, you have nothing to pay. I do need hugs though." She stated as the twins immediately stood up and hugged the girl. "Thank you for today, Yuna-nee!" they said as Yuna crouched down and hugged back. "Anything for you guys!" she said.

Kyouko also approached the teen, "Th-Thank you, Yuna-nee." She meekly thanked as Yuna made space in the group hug to embrace the little girl. "I'm treating you out next time, Kyouko!" she squealed as the kids hugged the girl tight.

Yuna departed from the hug and told the children to eat the creampuffs, the kids immediately following. She stood up and turned to Shoukichi, opening her arms for a hug, "If you don't hug me, you don't get to eat the creampuffs." She drawled out, teasing the boy.

He was in middle school, the time where guys interacting with girls is harder compared to elementary. Shoukichi weighed the options and surrendered to the older girl and hugged her. "I can't believe I was bribed into hugging someone." He said grimacing.

Yuna laughed at that and looked around, "Where are your older brothers?" she asked as Shoukichi departed from the hug and sat down by the table, taking a creampuff. "Daikichi-nii-chan is working, Chuukichi-nii-chan must have changed clothes." He said as Yuna nodded and sat down as well.

"Hey Nee-chan, why do you like buying stuff for our family?" he asked, really curious. He appreciated all of it and the fact that Yuna treated them well without any ulterior motive in sight, but it got him more curious, since Yuna has been hanging out in the Nezu Residence since middle school.

Yuna smiled, "I honestly can't say no to the kids. I felt lonely in my childhood, and my younger brother lives with my Dad and Stepmother in England. Seeing Nezumin with his younger siblings made me want to spoil them, so here I am. I'm honestly weak for children." She explain sheepishly, scratching her cheek.

She also like how homey the household was, something so priceless that she wanted to keep it precious and make the home happy. Shoukichi hummed at her, nodding as he watched the kids energetically chat as they marveled at the creampuff's delicious taste.

Yuna had no money problems, her Dad sends her money from England, and he gives a large amount of it since her scholarship pretty much helps with her expenses. She always allocated her money for rent and food, and the rest of the large sum ends up in her savings. Thus, she would spend some of it to either eat out, invite Hayato to any hang out she had in mind, or spoil the Nezu Family with gifts.

"Yuna-nee, can you be our real Nee-chan?" Kyouko asked innocently, biting in her creampuff as that made Yuna tilt her head their way. "'Real Nee-chan?' Why?" she asked curiously. "Because you treat us so well even if we're poor. You're really nice and kind! I would want you as a sister." Kyouko explained.

Suekichi nodded, "Yuna-nee, can you be our Nee-chan? We'll adopt you!" he exclaimed the idea. Kichi sighed, "Yuna-nee has her own family though, we can't adopt her like that. How will she be our real Nee-chan?" he said as the three little ones thought hard.

"There's only one solution." Shoukichi said after swallowing his creampuff. He grinned mischievously at the kids' innocent and hopeful eyes, "Have Chuukichi-nii-chan marry Yuna-nee into the family." He proposed as the kids' eyes immediately brightened at the idea.

"Shoukichi, don't fool the kids." Yuna scolded lightly, though is very amused. She didn't like Nezu that way, and Nezu told her he was too focused on his family to think about romance for now.

Plus, they were too Bro to be in a relationship.

Shoukichi turned to the older girl to try convincing her, "Think about it Yuna-nee. Chuukichi-nii-chan never brought a girl home except for you, you're also the only girl to even meet our family and get close to us, and you've been close since middle school." He pointed out as the kids all nodded.

"Plus look at you Nee-chan. You're pretty and kind, you're grades are the 3rd best, you're easy to get along with, Mom loves you, you can cook but you also like buying food for the family every time you visit. If we didn't know better, we'd be thinking that you're courting our big brother rather than spoiling the kids. In all honesty, Chuukichi-nii-chan should just marry you right now." He then said as Yuna was wheezing to hard, she had to cover her mouth. This kid was too amusing, she had to laugh.

"Shoukichi, please don't assume our feelings." A blunt voice said as the everyone turned to Chuukichi in casual clothes, sighing exasperatedly at them, obvious that he heard everything. "Why Chuukichi-nii-chan? I think Yuna-nee is the best girl out there for you, she treats our family well, treats you well, and is an overall top-tier girl. Don't be picky and marry her already!" Shoukichi exclaimed as Chuukichi shook his head at his brother.

He sat down next to Yuna (who was so busy laughing at even the thought of getting married to Nezu and the fact that his brother is trying to convince them) and turned to Shoukichi, "Hatogai isn't even taking you seriously. And I don't want a girlfriend or a wife for now." He said as Shoukichi pouted. "You're no fun Chuukichi-nii-chan." He sulked. "So you won't marry Yuna-nee, Chuukichi-nii-chan?" Kyouko asked with a pout.

Chuukichi shrugged, "Yeah, we're not getting married and Hatogai already has someone she likes. Right... Kamitani?" he stated in a small teasing tone as Yuna stopped laughing and turned to him, face turning red. "Nezu- wait- wha-??" she asked, flustered as everyone on the table watched her lose composure. "It wasn't that obvious to everyone, but obvious enough to the people close by." He replied as Yuna covered her red face.

Nezu figured it out, dammit-!!

"Eh~ so Yuna-nee already likes someone~!" Shoukichi teased, eyeing the red-faced girl. "Yuna-nee, who's Kamitani?" Suekichi asked as Kichi nodded at the question, "We need to see if he's good for Nee-chan!" he exclaimed. "I-Is he like a Prince Charming?" Kyouko asked meekly.

"Prince Charming huh..." Both Chuukichi and Yuna thought out loud about it and both lets out amused snorts at the same time. Impossible, Hayato was not the Prince Charming type, it just doesn't fit at all.

"I don't think he's a Prince Charming. Should I compare him to a Knight in Shining Armor...? Hmm no, not really, he's not that chivalrous. He's like a Stoic Military General probably, fierce and blunt but deep down he really cares... he's no Prince but I like him just the way he is." Yuna said sheepishly, blushing as she smiled.

Kyouko smiled widely, happy to hear something romantic like something out of a fairytale. Shoukichi on the other hand snorted out an amused laugh, "No wonder Chuukichi-nii-chan can't marry you, you're so smitten for this Kamitani." He stated bluntly, embarrassing Yuna.

"She can still be your sister you know. She will always be here for you guys, she's been there for years now, no boyfriend will be stopping her." Chuukichi then stated as Yuna stared at him before smiling, "Right! I'll always be your Yuna-nee, so no worries." She chirped.

This made Kyouko, Suekichi, and Kichi all grin widely and cheer happily while Shoukichi huffed despite the smile tugging on his lips, "Tell us if this Kamitani hurts you in any way though, we'll beat him up, all 5 brothers." He said as Yuna snickered. She wouldn't really know considering Hayato's athletic figure, but it was still reassuring that they care.

"Since we have a new official addition to the family, let's ask our sister to stay for dinner." Mrs. Nezu said, entering the scene with a small smile. "Wow, you accepted that too quickly Mom." Shoukichi said with a small amused snort.

Mrs. Nezu laughed and puts a hand on Yuna's shoulder, "She's been my daughter ever since she helped me cook in the kitchen." She teased. Yuna laughed, "Then I'll only stay if I get to help in the kitchen." She said as she accompanied the happy mother to the kitchen.

"So this means that Yuna-nee has been sister-zoned since the beginning huh?"
"Well yeah."
"So Chuukichi-nii-chan got a sister, not a girlfriend."
"Yey we have Yuna-nee as our Nee-chan!"
"She's our real Nee-chan!"
"So Yuna-chan, who's this Kamitani?"
"Mrs. Nezu, not you too!"

As the happy banter continued on, Yuna warmly smiled. She fell in love with the Nezu home the moment she watched the big family talk to each other, getting along and radiating brightness. The warmth they emit touched her heart, and as time passed, they extended the warmth to her like a small extension of their family.

She was forever grateful to the Nezu Family, and this warmth in her chest will always be cherished, always treasured, and she will do everything she can to make them happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 1.2K 8
!!Maturity Warning!! Rough days call for good times. Y/N meets Hawks, a bartender, at a local club after a hard day at work.
142K 1.6K 8
βπ‡πž'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π›π¨π²πŸπ«π’πžπ§πβž ━𝑰𝑡 𝑾𝑯𝑰π‘ͺ𝑯 Kamitani Hayato has a girlfriend, and they both are a complete opposite. 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃: 22/04...
44.2K 799 35
Started: 19/10/2020 - Now Complete Enjoy the beautiful journey of getting to see Hawks get his ass together for you and your beautiful kids.
24K 537 17
It was another summer for her, she finally thought of moving back to her formal birthplace along side of her perfectly cute siblings. Thus meeting ne...