Angel Blessed

By Annita_Swan

A 'Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments' FanFic Just like the name Aiden, the world can be deceiving. Aiden... More

2. Pandemonium
3. Mortal Cup
4. Bold and Blue
5. Going to Hell
6. Just Orphans
7. Forgetten Memories
8. People Person
9. Fuck and Fly
10. Liquid Lunch
My Chaotic Thanks To You
11. Broken Hostages
12. Madame Yin and Yang
13. Pot o' Gold
Smoll Notice :)
14. Man of the Hour
15. Blasted Memories
16. Raising Hell
17. Give Me Answers
18. Brunette Baker
Whoopsie Daisy :)
19. Little Lin
20. Virgin Energy
21. Uploading Magic
22. To us
Just a Question
23. Spicy Shadowhunter
24. Over it
25. Familial Ties
26. Two Choices

1. Champagne Enema

1.7K 24 0
By Annita_Swan

Prologue

Aiden:

I'm as normal as normal gets. I was never a straight A student, and I was never a complete goody-two-shoes either. I'm the type of person that would be standing right in front of you but you wouldn't realize, because I blend in with the crowd. I'm not rich, but I'm not deadbeat-poor either. I'm not beautiful, but I'm not ugly.

I'm just normal.... and I love my job. Of course waitressing in the big apple doesn't reign in a lot of money but I keep myself entertained with the families that overshare and the girls that gossip too much. I find peace in my eight hour job... most of the time.

I was just putting away the cleaning trolley when the bells on the front door rung. "Hi, welcome to Java Jones. What can I get for ya?"

I ushered a sweet-looking, elderly couple towards a booth in my section and handed them menus. The old bat snickered at my statement and slapped my hand.

"Aiden! You know what I want stop giving us them damn menus!" Willa chastised me in her western drawl.

"Dammit Willa! It's a habit okay. If you don't wanna read them, then don't read it!" I was whisper-shouting at her while she was clearly trying to keep in her laughter.

She snickered, "You know I'm just playing with you, now gimme them damn bagels and coffee!"

I looked at her husband, Bert, and hummed. He was definitely whipped. Every time I see him he looks at his wife with a foreign glint in his eye, like he's falling in love with Willa all over again.

I pointed my pen at him and rose my eyebrows, "the regular for you too Bertty?" He nodded his head once with a smile and turned back to his wife.

I stepped off toward and the kitchen and scribbled down their order. I was two seconds away from bumping chests with a tall guy that I've never seen here before.

He had buzzed, blonde hair, pale skin and tattoos all over. A crooked nose and piercing brown eyes. I feel like I should know these markings... but the circular one on his neck made me want to vomit though.

"I uh- sorry." I stepped around him and speed walked through the kitchen doors. The whole while I could feel his gaze burning holes in my back and cringed away to make myself smaller. Something just didn't feel right about this guy.

"Rigg, your parents are here!" I slapped the order sheet on the counter and headed back to the dining area.

He's still there, still staring at me. I didn't look at him though, I had no business with him. He wasn't seated in my area.. thank the angel.

I cautiously looked around the cafe and spotted another set of regulars. A smile spread across my face as I walked over to them.

"Give me the professors' names and I... I will end them" I overheard as I stopped by their table.

I giggled and nudged him on the shoulder. "How in the hell do you plan to end them Simon?" He looked up at me with a goofy smile then back at Clary, who had a forlorn look on her face.

"You know, with... with a scathing email to the dean" Clary looked at him with disbelief while I straight up just laughed.

She sat down and threw a paper across the table towards us. "Don't bother" I gave her a skeptical glance before looking down at the letter in Simon's hands.

"Whaaatt?"
"Well damn, look at you!"

We said at the same time. I covered my mouth before shuffling over and giving her a hug that could've crushed her ribs.

"Sad face? Really?" Simon finally asked after coming out of his trance. A big smile plastered on his face as Clary laughed. "Well played, well played!"

They did their fist bumping thing as I pulled a chair up to their table and sat down.

"Thank you. It's weird because they kinda liked my assigned work but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel."

Ahh.. the famous novel that I keep hearing them talk about. I tuned out the rest of their conversations as I stared at the cover of Clary's portfolio, more specifically, the symbol she drew on the cover. Something about that symbol just called, sang and screamed for me... all at once... it feels too familiar, like I really should know it.

Jenny, my coworker, brought over their orders and winked at me. Angel bless her soul.

".... which is why we're celebrating tonight. Yes, with Maureen, after our show." I glanced up at Simon and raised my brows. He picked up his coffee and smiled at Clary.

This clueless boy.

"Absolutely! So... what's the deal with you and Maureen?" Clary picked up her biscotti and waited for his response.

This clueless girl

Simon's coffee stopped halfway to his mouth. I chuckled. Clary and and I looked at each other, then back at Simon. He looked like a dear in headlights.

"What deal? No deal. We sing together." I rolled my eyes and watched Clary put down her biscotti.

This clueless boy

I watched as the biscotti Clary had in her hand, no more than ten seconds ago, disappear into the table and reappear as a drawing etched into the tabletop.

"H-holy Bible!" Both heads turned my way. I quickly got up from the table and replaced the chair. "Oh I uh-I'm so sorry guys but I just remembered that Riggs said he'd cut my paycheck if I sat down with y'all while on the job"

I started walking to the counter but turned back, "Happy birthday Clary! I gotta go now!" I wasn't kidding about my Riggs and my paycheck.

They started laughing behind me and I began walking away... again... when I felt an arm grab onto my wrist. "Wait, Aiden. You are staying for our show tonight, right?" I looked at Simon and giggled.

"Hells yeah! I wouldn't miss Champagne Enema for anything!" I pumped my fist in the air and watched as Simon laughed at my childish outburst. "But seriously Simon... I'll meet you guys there. Alright?"

He nodded his head and let my wrist go. Finally. I was able to make it to the counter without anymore disruptions.

It was a fairly busy day so I was distracted from the fact that the stranger I almost bumped into earlier, was still alone... at the booth... where I last saw him... a whole six hours ago.

What in the sweet baby angel is going on here?!

It's a damn good thing I'm not on lock up duty  today. I went through the staff only doors, changed and packed up my stuff.

"You do have your taser right?" I slammed my locker shut and felt my soul leave my body.

"Crapcakes! Jenny! Are you trying to give me a heart attack? Make a little more noise next time, huh!" I leaned against the lockers, held my hands to my chest and took slow, even breaths.

She braced against the wall with a goofy smile on her face, giving me time to calm down a bit. I let out a deep sigh and looked down at her.

"Now... what were you saying about tasers?" Jenny kicked off from the wall and chuckled.

"I was asking if you have your taser." Her face got serious, "there's a guy out there looking at you like some damn predator and that is never a good sign,"

The room went silent and eight pairs of eyes landed on me with concerned looks written all over their faces. "Everyone noticed him huh?"

Some nodded their heads and some murmured their affirmation. The atmosphere in here was heavy. We all cared for each other... and it's not everyday we see a stranger stalking one of our own like we're a piece of fried chicken.

I bent down for my bag and felt around for the subject of discussion. My fingers wrapped around the similar shape and pulled it out.

Nope. Just my deodorant. I set that aside and shoved my hand in the bag's depths again. This time I felt the rubbery silicone and snatched it. I took out my hand and huffed at the matte black taser resting in my palm.

"Yeah, I've got it." I looked up at my colleagues, staring deep into their souls before I turned back to Jenny, "let's hope that I don't have to use it."

She nodded her head and walked out. I shoved my deodorant back in my bag and the taser in my hoodie pocket.

Time to go save our favorite couch. I stepped out with my bag pack on my shoulder and looked around.

Good, our seats were empty. I headed straight for them and sat down. We did an amazing job setting up this corner for tonight's show.

A few minutes later, I see Maureen, Simon and Clary walk in all happy-like. I wave them over and shuffle over in the seats.

Simon makes it over first and lifts me off the couch in a big bear hug. I squeal and laugh at the sudden affection I can only expect from him. Clary lifts up my bag and sits.. and Maureen is standing behind Simon... staring daggers at me.

"Wish me luck!" He spins me one last time before setting me back in my seat.

"Wishes of luck to the dearest Simon" I spread my arms wide and 'accidentally' hit Clary in the face.

We all started laughing at that. My stomach hurt and I was wheezing before we could calm down completely. "Go-go set u-up for your show!"

Maureen and Simon got off the floor and headed back out for the instruments. Apparently, their knees gave out while we were laughing our guts out. Hehe.

They sung 'Forever young' by Alphaville and they sung it wonderfully.

Throughout the whole song, Simon was looking at Clary with immense love in his eyes, and Maureen was looking at him with the exact same expression.

By the ANGEL I hate love triangles.

As always though, Clary was clueless.

The performance ended and the crowd erupted in applause and cheers, Clary and I included. "That was amazing!"

"Right?! This is such a great birthday. Nothing could ruin this high for me right now!" Clary flashed her white teeth at me and clapped.

"Shut up you carrot-head, before you jinx it!" We both smiled and grabbed our stuff before going to help disassemble the instruments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

547K 19.7K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.2M 51.6K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
85.1K 2.5K 70
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
357K 21.2K 76
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...