Nuestra Estrella

By Bubble_Heart215

"The name on the card was non other than Vivian." The journey of Vivian's normal happy life changing, due to... More

🍁
Non other than Vivian
Teach you to pick locks
Perfect round abs
Cancel my meeting
Heaven on earth
Are you a banana?
Not play spy for you!
Don't leave me bankrupt
37 seconds
Hey, I found your sister
Get in trouble or not?
Believe me big guy, you won't
Woah, easy there tiger
Calling our dad yours?
For you, from you
To continue the trend
You ungrateful guys!
Permission granted officer
The strange kid look
Great brothers I have
Well thanks Bear
You blue headed smurf
Can't really talk forever
Um it was a mistake?
You're my piggy!
Tired blabbering
I deserve an answer
Pleasure to finally meet you
Innocent Trouble Makers
What're the stakes?
To not bet this crazy chick
Might as well tell me everything
We need to talk
Cheeseballs!
You smelly ogre
I think my surety is 100%
I just stated a true fact
Good work partner
🍁Characters🍁
Mum taught me
Death threat from Vivian
Poor Edward
Welcome to the framily
Closest helper they can get
It's gonna be chaotic
Sound so crazy
Fireworks!
What ifs
Beautiful to me
A pesky human
She literally ran away?

That wasn't a challenge

5.6K 170 16
By Bubble_Heart215

Vivian's POV :

Good morning world!

You might be wondering how'd this girl who loathes mornings suddenly became so chearie. Well to answer your delightful question, Mike's coming back here today. Oh god, I missed that protective dumbo so much!

On that note, I went to the bathrook, took a nice 15 minute shower, came out, threw open one of my suitcases because I haven't unpacked till now and found an outfit to wear.

I put on my cold shoulder, black sweatshirt with blue, faded jeans along with white sneakers. For my hairstyle, I decide to make a ponytail. I also put on a red lipgloss with a winged eyeliner.

All done!

Looking fab!

(Vivian's outfit and hairstyle)

After getting ready, I head downstairs towards the kitchen to find papá and all the other brothers on the table.

"Good morning." I cheerfully greet them while sitting down.

"Good morning estrella. You're up early. And are quite cheerful. " Papá said the last sentence in a questioning manner.

"Um not really. I usually wake up at 6:30 only and right now, it's 9." I replied in a normal tone.

"No you don't. You wake up at 10. If I do go to wake you up at 7:30, which I did when we were at the hotel, then I have to deal with your whining." He stated in an obvious tone.

"Hey!... well yeah that's true." I can't really deny it. I love my sleep. "But that's because I was on a vacation when you tried to wake me up. Normally I wake up early. But if you do try to wake me up, you gotta deal with the morning monster." I shrugged at the end. That's true too.

"Morning monster?" Lucas asked amused.

"Oh that's a name my friends gave me. Trust me, you don't want to wake me up." I stated in alp sincerity.

"And why's that?" Rian asked that.

"Try and wake me up once in the morning and you'll understand." I answered while having a sweet look.

"Challenge accepted!" He smirked, thinking that he'll get to irritate me. Oh brother, that will so not happen.

"That wasn't a challenge. It was a danger warning." I replied with a sly smirk looking at his now pale face.

With that, Lucas and River started laughing while Callan, Roman and papá had amused looks on. Then we all had breakfast.

"Estrella, after food, meet me in my office." Papá said.

"Okay papá." I replied and then continued eating.

20 minutes later

Well here I am now. Sitting in papa's office while he attends a call.

"Ok. Nos encargaremos de los envíos. (Okay. We'll take care of the shipments - Spanish)" Papá said to the other person on call in a business tone.

"No olvides tu parte del trato.(Don't forget your part of the deal - Spanish)" Saying that he cut the call. I don't really think he knows that I speak Spanish since it looks like he tried to hide his conversation from me. Ah I'll let it go. It was something mafia related anyways and him not knowing that I speak Spanish will help me prank him. Hehe.

"So papá, you wanted to talk?" I asked once he had ended the call.

"Yeah so first, how's it here?" He asked in a caring manner.

"It's actually pretty good. I did feel that it'll be awkward at first but it wasn't and I feel at home here." I replied with a genuine smile. Ofcourse I miss my Smith family but I also like it here. Doesn't mean that I'm replacing anyone.

On hearing my answer, papá adored a smile on his face as well.

"It's good to hear that estrellita. So you doing anything today?" He asked.

"Oh well yeah. I actually was gonna come talk to you about that only. So Mike is coming back today. Can I go pick him up from the airport?" I asked him back.

"Yeah you can but... there is something I wanted to talk to you about your bodyguard. Don't interrupt me. You see, I know that you and Mike have a great relation and he loves you like a sister and I have no doubt that he can protect you. But the mafia life is difficult and even though Mike might be great, I can't help but be a little scared for your safety."

"Papá, first of all, I know Mike is great and he can protect me. Secondly, stop rambling and tell me what you want to say." I told him.

"I want to assign you another bodyguard." He blurted out.

"And what about Mike?" I asked in a bit of suspicion. He can't make me leave him. It's not just that we're good friends but the thing is that being the owner of a big event planning firm and handling events of celebrities and big people, I tend to get into situations with the media and that's when Mike helps me. He isn't like that full time bodyguard, rather he's like the one who helps me in these situations when I have to deal with crowds and overbearing fans.

"Nothing. I'm not asking you to leave him but please let another one be with you. That'll reassure me that you're alright." He explained. Oh.

"Okay." I replied.

"Okay? You're fine with it? No fights?" He was clearly stunned at my lack of stubbornness.

"No fights. I knew you'd do this. And it's kinda genuine also. I don't want me or Mike in any situation with mafia trouble and if it can be prevented with another bodyguard, then I'm fine with it." I smiled at him.

"Oh thank God." He breathed a sigh of relief. He really thought I'd throw a tantrum at this, didn't he?

One and a half hour later

Now I'm in the car, going towards the airport to pick up Mike. After my chat with papá, he introduced me to Liam, my new bodyguard, who's right now driving the car. I'm gonna interrogate him later. First I have to meet Mike.

On reaching at the arrival, I got out and went in search of my bodyguard with another one following me around.

That's when I saw him. Mike walking towards me with a shorter and thinner figure trailing behind him.

"Leo!" I shouted, ran towards him with Liam closely behind and tackled him in a hug. Those of you who forgot, Leo's my assistant and a great friend. He also knows about the mafia as I didn't want him working with me if he didn't know about the mafia. It's a dangerous job now and he's mostly with me while we're working.

"Hey ma'am." He chuckled out. Did I forget to mention formal? He one of my great, formal friends.

"Wow. Totally feeling the love here." Mike said sarcastically.

"Aww Mikey poo, I missed you too." I said in a baby voice. Hey! That rhymed. Then I went to hug him while he hugged me back awkwardly. He's not much of a hugger people.

"Nope. That nickname is not coming back." He replied.

After releasing him from the hug, I said, "It already did sweetheart. I already did." While patting his cheeks.

"Well I didn't know you'd be coming today Leo. What happened?" I asked him while walking towards the car.

"I sorted everything out already so came here. The interior designing stuff has already been sent to a warehouse near the Orchid mansion and I sorted out a meeting for the office as well. My private stuff is also sorted. Me and Elsa (Leo's wife) have always wanted to move out of New York so we're shifting here." He ended with a smile.

"No way! Omg! That such a good news." I excitedly hugged him again.

"Hey Vivian, I know you're excited and all but who's this?" Mike asked in a cold way while pointing towards Liam. Both are currently in their bodyguard mode.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry I forgot to introduce you guys. Liam, meet Leo and Mike. Mike and Leo, he's Liam, my new bodyguard." I introduced.

"What? You're firing me?" Mike asked trying hard to contain his shock and not seem effected.

"Ofcourse not Mike! He's my other bodyguard. Papá assigned him to me." I explained.

"Oh okay." Mike calmed down after hearing my explanation.

"Well let's go now. I'm starving and I have to talk with Mike and interrogate Liam as well." I said to which Mike chuckled. Guess he's remembering the time I interrogated him.

At a restaurant

"Liam, sit down." I ordered. Right now, we are at a restaurant, about to have lunch and Liam isn't sitting down.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry but I can't. I have orders to stay alert." He stated in a monotonous tone.

"Liam, you have orders to stay alert, not to not sit down. And while sitting down, you'll conserve your energy so that when needed, you'll be able to use it efficiently. Moreover, I know this restaurant is owned by my family, so security is already pretty tight here." I stated. My family, the Martinez family, actually owns a chain of restaurants, hotels, and clubs.

When I saw that he was going to protest again, I said, "Young man, you say no one more time and I'll complain to papá that you don't listen to me." Now a look of horror came on his face and then he quickly settled down on a chair.

"Good boy." I smiled at him and he gave me a single nod in return with a really tiny smile.

"Now taking on a serious turn, Mike, I wanted to talk about something important." I turned to Mike. When he gave me a nod to continue, I started saying.

"See Mike, I know that everyone present here knows about the mafia and everything related to my family." I was saying but got interrupted by Liam.

"You know about the mafia?!" He was shocked.

"Um yeah. When papá came to meet me, he told me then. Didn't you and my brothers know about this?" I questioned totally being confused.

"No. Sir never stated anything about this." He replied.

"Really? Well I do know. And I'm fine with it." I told him and he gave me a nod as reply. Then I turned back to Mike.

"So well as I was saying, Mike, this whole thing is dangerous and I'm pretty sure you know that. That's why you came here with me. But that's now what I wanted to talk about. The thing is that you've had your whole life in New York since a long time and if you continue being my bodyguard, you would have to leave that old life and I can't ask you to do that. I really do love you. You're a big brother to me and this all doesn't mean that I'm firing you or anything. I want the decision to be yours because coming here would mean changing your whole life and I don't want you to do that because of me. So you tell me, do you want to stay here or go back? I'll be happy with any decision of yours." I said with a kind smile but internally, I'm crying because if he goes away, I'll miss him alot.

"Vivian, listen, you are an amazing person and an equally amazing employer. You giving me this option states that I made the right decision. I went to New York to sell my old apartment. I'm officially moving here." He told me with a smile. This guy, who doesn't ever show more than a small smile, is actually smiling.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"I'm staying here only. I don't really have any life there anyways. No family or girlfriend. And I do own you my life. You did save me when you found me 4 years back, in the streets of New York. You're the reason I got the job at the security firm and became your bodyguard 2 years back. I'm not backing out on you now." He said and his words broke the dam. I felt moisture in my eyes.

"Thanks Mikey. I'm glad to have you here." I said and then hugged the guy. This time, he did hug be back properly as well. Seriously, if he did go away, it would have been like a loss of a brother.

I'm officially in love with Mike. He's such a great, weird, dumbo.

If you guys want to hear Mike and Vivian's story of how they met, do leave a comment and I'll add it after the end of the story, in extra chapters.

Please like, comment and share.

Till then, Time to scoot, little Newt!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 5.5K 35
"You're staring at him again," Valentina sighs. "Hm?" I responded, not catching on to what Valentina was inferring. She tugs on my arm and shakes her...
211K 13.1K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
444 119 21
He dragged me into the room as he pinned me against the wall. "I told you to fucking stay away from him Amaya, damnit", He yelled at me. He was so cl...
971K 31.1K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...