His Last Chance

By truestarlight147

Dating your bandmate shouldn't be that hard, right? Something in Anthony's personal life causes him and Eric... More

prologue
one • you and i
two • damaged
three • end of the road
four • leave (get out)
six • shape of my heart
seven • the way i loved you
eight • used to love you
nine (part 1) • i wanna know
nine (part 2): nothing lasts forever
ten (part 1) • get u back
ten (part 2): (s)he used to be mine
eleven • paper hearts
eleven (part 2): marry you
twelve • one in a million
thirteen • we are never ever getting back together
fourteen • breathe
fifteen • forever & always
sixteen • still the one
seventeen • count on you
eighteen • make you mine

five • how do i breathe

13 0 0
By truestarlight147

"You know I've been thinking..." Eric started.

"About what, babe?"

"Maybe should we tell the guys, about us." Eric suggested.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, why? You don't think it's a good idea?" Eric asked him.

"It's not that." Anthony said.

"What do you mean?"

"They're not gonna be mad, are they?" Anthony asked.

"No, why would they be mad? If anything, I'd think they be happy."

Eric notices Anthony shift in his body language. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

"No, no... baby, just tell me." Anthony sighs.

"I mean... what if they judge us for being gay?"

"Why should that matter?"

"It doesn't. I-" Anthony sighed, "I feel bad that we haven't told them yet. I know we're not doing this on purpose, but they're our friends and-"

"I know," Eric puts his hand over Anthony's and scoots over closer to him, "but trust me. They're not gonna be upset, I promise."

"How would you know?"

"If they were our friends, they'd understand that there wouldn't be any rush. I wouldn't pressure you to tell them about us, if you weren't ready. I wouldn't do that to you."Eric reassured him as he kisses his boyfriend on the cheek.

"You and I make a good team, don't we?" he said seriously.

Eric smiled, "Yeah, we do." Anthony smiled back as he snuggled up next to him on the couch. They spent the last few hours watching tv, until Anthony fell asleep in Eric's arms peacefully.

***
Eric (3) missed calls

Anthony feels his phone vibrate in his pocket, seeing not two, but three missed calls from Eric. He puts it back in his pocket almost immediately, trying to get the thoughts of his (ex) boyfriend out of his mind. This was starting to get more and more frustrating by the minute.

-
Those calls that Eric made to Anthony were still waiting to be answered. Since the big fight they had a few days ago, there were so many things that he wished he could have said. There was a huge lack of communication and way too many misunderstandings that led them to this. Eric fought for their relationship, wanting him and Anthony to stay together, but it seemed like he was the only one who was fighting for this to work. He let Anthony win that night, knowing that he wasn't able to do anything else, that he couldn't take any more damage.

He couldn't understand why Anthony didn't want anything to do with him. Eric gave him as much space as Anthony needed, but somehow it wasn't enough. The time that they were spending apart was brutal; it left him angry, guilty, vulnerable, emotional, and most of all, very confused.

Two weeks later, it seemed like things couldn't get any worse.

When Eric walked into the studio, it seemed like Anthony pretended like he didn't exist. It was like they were total strangers. He tried not to look at Anthony, but how could he not? He hasn't seen him in days. The two make eye contact. The way Anthony looked at him; it was filled with anger, regret, pain, and everything in between. Eric looks away from him and walks out as Anthony watches him.

As Anthony watched Eric leave the room, his face goes completely blank. Little did he know, his bandmates were watching this all unfold right in front of their eyes. They shouldn't be getting involved, but it was their bandmates. Of course, they're going to worry about him.

"Hey...Anthony. Anthony?" a voice was calling out to Anthony, but all he can hear was ringing in his ear.

"Babe, I'm worried about you. I just don't understand why you won't talk to me. You've been acting like this for a couple of days." Eric says to Anthony, as he's trying to figure why he's acting so weird. Anthony's been avoiding him, and Eric's trying to understand why. "Just talk to me...please."

"Do you mind if we don't do this right now?" Anthony said bluntly.

"Anthony, -"

"Eric," Anthony cut him off and snapped, "I don't want to talk about this right now, okay? I'll see you downstairs." He looks at him before walking out of their hotel room. Eric didn't know how to react. At soundcheck, things were tense as it is. The guys noticed that Eric was zoning out.

"Hey, you alright? It looks like you saw a ghost or something." Colton said to him.

"Anthony isn't talking to me." he said.

"Wait, why? Did something happen?" Thomas asked.

Eric shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know."

"Are you sure? I mean, you guys have been arguing a lot." Joey said.

"I know." Eric said, "I don't know what's going on anymore."

"Anthony....Anthony!" Colton's voice caught his younger bandmate's attention.

"Hmm? What?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Anthony reassured him, barely looking at his bandmate. Joey and Colton let out an long, exaggerated sigh; they were both getting a little frustrated that Anthony was acting very stubborn, petty almost.

Anthony rolled his eyes and glared at them, "What? What is it?"

Colton said firmly, "I don't think you need to tell us what's going on."

"And you care, why?"

Joey rolled his eyes, "I don't know what you want us to tell you. Cut the bullshit, Anthony."

"Joey-" Thomas said.

"What Joey is trying to say is," Colton tells Anthony as he gives his bandmate a fierce glare, "we just want to help you, okay?"

"I don't know why you guys are acting concerned, I'm fine."

"Really? Is that why you broke up with Eric then?" Joey shot back.

Colton glared at Joey, "Not cool, dude." Anthony doesn't even answer him, not because he's too stubborn. He almost wanted to bust out in tears right there.

"I know it's been a few days, and I know this hasn't been easy for you, but, we don't want you to do something you're gonna regret-"

"I'm sorry, we?" Joey questioned his older bandmate.

"Stop." Colton said sternly.

"Why should it matter to you guys anyway?"

"This is the person who's been there for you for the past three years! The only guy I know who's literally put his whole life on the line-"

"Joey-" Colton tries to stop his bandmate from the situation from escalating further.

"You've been like this weeks for now, and I honestly don't know what's up with you. If you're not gonna tell us what's going on... then maybe you shouldn't be here." Joey said.

"What's gotten into you?" Eric questioned. "First, you accuse me of flirting with this girl, and now you get mad at me for hanging out with my friends?"

"I don't like the fact that you're spending so much time with them!" Anthony yelled back.

"Is it really a problem? Why are you freaking out so much?"

"If it's affecting our relationship, then yeah it is."

"I'm sorry, okay?" Eric apologized. "I'm sorry that we haven't spent any time together. It's not my fault we're getting swamped with performing! You know this isn't easy for me, either."

Eric and Anthony were started to going back and forth. As things started to get more heated, the insults were getting a little too personal.

"But that doesn't mean you get to forget about me!"

"What happened to "not let anything get in the way of our relationship"? What happened to that?"

"It's always about you Eric... always about you! What about me?"

"You're the one who's been acting distant from me!"

"Don't try to turn this on me- this is not my fault!"

"Then why won't you talk to me, huh?" Eric rebutted back.

"I don't have to talk to you, if I don't want to!"

"I feel like I don't even know you anymore!"

"If you feel that way, then maybe you shouldn't be my boyfriend!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 381 42
After Gabriella's mum died and her dad got put in jail, she will go and live with her god parents and their son, what if feelings suddenly evolve.....
413K 8.6K 86
Being snapes daughter is hard but being snapes daughter and secretly dating Harry Potter is even more hard
61 3 6
Just as you thought you're enough... Just as you thought you're complete... And just as you thought you've found the one... But suddenly that though...
1.6K 89 11
You fall in love and when heartbreak strikes, it can send you into the dark. But do you ever really fall out of love with the person you fell hardest...