Raven (Fred x oc)

By belle_kafer

My name is Valerie Black and Sirius Black is my father, but I don't remember him. You see, he was taken away... More

1. Brains, Charm, Fire, and Mischeif
2. Escaped
3. The Black Name
4. Again
5. Family Relations
6. Newspapers and Boggarts
7. Ramifications and Voices
8. Cat and Mouse
9. Hogsmeade
10. Torn and Mended
11. Pre-Game Traditions
12. Badgers and Lions
13. Accusations
14. Christmas
15. Arguments
16. Eagles and Lions
17. Tall Tales
18. Nerves
19. Lions and Snakes
20. End of Term and All that it Entails
21. Rats!
22. Schoolboy Grudge
23. Truth and Justice
24. Explosion
25. Turning Time
26. The Conclusion
27. Explinations
28. Loose Ends
29. Resettling
30. Ton-Tongue Toffee
31. The Mystery of the Lack of a Quidditch Captain
32. Reconnecting
33. The Sensitive Nature of Money
34. The Quidditch World Cup
35. Death Eaters
36. He's Coming
37. Back Again
38. N.E.W.T. Classes
39. Something Not Right
40. Raven
41. Une Surprise
42. Happy Birthday
43. The First Task
44. The Yule Ball
45. The Ring
46. Changes for the Purpler
47. Psychometry
48. Spiritual Mediumship
49. The Third and Final Task Preparations
50. Force Field Generation
51. A Little Dose of Fear
52. Spirits
53. Trauma
54. Summer Pains
55. Grimmaud Place
Sequel
56. Potter Temper
57. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
58. She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Remembered
59. Bewitched
60. Disillusion
61. Fears
62. Back Again
63. The Story of that Night
64. Umbi- Oop, I Can't Say That
65. Emotions and Quidditch
66. Toxic Masculinity
67. Rough on the Pitch
68. Loss of Quidditch, Loss of Safety
69. Gain
70. Lions and Serpents
71. Animosity
72. Guilt
73. Chocolate Oatmeal Biscuits
74. Escaped
75. Chiaroscuro
76. Soon to be Parted
77. Until We Meet Again, Luv
78. Lions and Eagles
79. Foreboding
80. Loss
81. Connections and What's to Come
82. Summer Break
83. Mid-Summer
84. A Moment You'll Never Forget
85. Back Again, Grown-Up Addition
86. The Dragon Falls Further and Further Away
87. The Dragon Steps to the Path of Fire
88. The Dragon Takes His Firsts Steps on the Fire
89. Lions and Snakes
90. The Sickly Dragon
91. Navidad
92. Badgers and Lions
93. The Dragon's River of Blood
95. Moonlight, Dark Curly Hair, Fangs, Blood, and the Figure
96. The End of a Book That Took a Hundred-Fifteen Years to Write
A/N
97. Too Much Potter
98. Forgetting
New Story!
99. Black-Wealsey
100. Second Wedding
101. Calm Before the Storm
The Siren's Call (A Draco Malfoy Fanfiction)
102. Bondage
103. Frozen
104. Stories, Snatchers, and Mushrooms
105. Crucio
106. Plot-Twist
107. The Dragon Living in Fear
108. Andromeda Tonks
109. Home
110. The Dragon Calls to the Dragoness
111. An Escape
112. Pain
113. Shock and Delight
114. Orphaned
115. Hope
Epilogue
Uncontrolled (Remus Lupin x oc)
Disgraced of the House of Black

94. The Raven's Dreams

1.6K 45 2
By belle_kafer

Over the week following the attack, I avoided Harry at all costs. I took my two days off and returned on Monday. When I wasn't teaching or supervising, I stayed in my office which I only opened for teachers or specific students who had scheduled an appointment. The closest I got to Harry was when I was supervising the Gryffindor practices. Like usual, I dashed off the moment they were off their brooms.

That night, I lay in bed, attempting to sleep. When I was finally able to drift off, my mind was haunted by visions, flashes of moonlight, dark curly hair, fangs, blood, and a figure falling from a tower. I woke with a scream, covered in sweat. I trembled, looking up in the mirror. My face was deadly pale and my new scar along my cheek stuck out starkly against my pale skin. Getting up, I rushed over to my bathroom and collapsed by the toilet, throwing up my insides.

I got back in bed, feeling sickly. I ended up having to call for someone else to stand in as referee for the final match as I stayed in bed, terrified of falling back asleep. Around noon, I did so and saw the same visions and again woke covered in sweat with a scream. I barricaded myself in the castle as much as possible until there was a knock on my office door. I stopped moving and got very quiet, hoping whoever it was would just go away.

"Valerie, I know you're in there!" Katie shouted. I sighed, opening the door. Katie had not come alone. Ginny, Hermione, Ron, and Harry had come along with her.

"What are you lot doing here?" I asked, moving away from the door and sitting back down in my chair.

"Why'd you miss the match?" Ginny asked.

"Wasn't feeling well," I said simply, hoping I wasn't looking as sickly as I felt.

"Past tense?" Hermione said.

"Yeah, you look terrible," Ron said.

Hitting his arm, Hermione scolded, "Ron."

"What, we're all thinking it," Ron defended.

"Thank you for your tactless honestly, Ron," I sighed. "So, you all see that I'm alive, is that all?"

"No," Harry said. "You've been avoiding everyone, particularly me." My eyes flashed dangerously above the dark circles under my eyes.

Fixing him with a blazing glare, I said, "Yes, I wonder why I'd be avoiding you." The scar on my cheek prickled.

"Valerie, I'm sorry," Harry said. "I didn't know-"

"We can have this discussion later," I countered. "For now, I have work to do."

"Valerie," Ginny interrupted. "Fred said you haven't gone back home in three weeks. You haven't even told him what's going on."

"Go," I ordered, standing by the door and gesturing for them to leave. After glancing at each other, they left. I sighed, shutting the door. As I tiredly rubbed my eyes, I knew Ginny was right about one thing. I did need to go talk to Fred.

Night had fallen by the time I stepped into their store. "Shop's closed!" George called, rushing to the front. "Valerie, what hap-"

"Hi," I said. "Is Fred around?"

"Yeah, he's upstairs," George replied, looking at me with concern. "Fred!"

"What is it?" Fred called back, coming down the stairs.

"Fred, can I talk to you?" I asked. He nodded and we moved out of earshot of everyone else.

"Valerie, what happened to you?" he demanded in hushed tones.

"Harry used a curse he didn't know on Draco," I explained. "I was collateral damage."

"Val, have you been sleeping? Or eating?" Fred asked.

"I can't," I said. "For the last three weeks, I've been having these...these nightmares. A figure falling off of a tower, moonlight, fangs, curly dark hair, and blood. I'm scared, Fred."

"Valerie, they're just dreams," he said. Wrapping his arms around me, he repeated, "Just dreams."

Pulling away from him, I whispered, "But what if they're not?"

"What do you mean?" Fred asked.

"Someone is trying to kill someone in Hogwarts," I said quietly. "They keep messing up, but soon...I don't think they will. Whoever it is falling off that tower...I think they are the target. Whoever it is, they're going to die soon. I don't know when, but I can feel it."

"And you couldn't see who it was?" Fred clarified. I shook my head.

"Fred, I'm scared," I whispered.

"Look, everyone is rather scared right now," Fred said. "It's probably just starting to get to you."

"No, Fred," I insisted. "Something is wrong here and I need to do something about it."

"Valerie, you haven't slept in weeks," Fred said, cupping my cheeks. "Just go back to Hogwarts, take a sleeping draft, and get some sleep, alright?" I sighed and nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 697 33
I don't know how I really got here. One moment I'm just Rachael Malfoy, a complete nobody even to my father... and now suddenly I am someone entirely...
4.2K 208 41
Maeve Black has always had a knack for finding herself in trouble. Now that she is at Hogwarts and feeling the real implications of the Black name, s...
5K 145 9
Have you ever wondered what Sirius Black was thinking upon meeting Harry Potter for the first time after escaping Azkaban, how Remus Lupin reacted to...
31.5K 477 26
Irina "Iris" Black was raised by her godfather, Remus Lupin. She had never met her father. Now, Iris is off to her first year of Hogwarts. She become...