HIS SALVATION

By Nifemi_11

(Edited) Clair Matthews, an independent young woman not having a second thought about marriage or wanting any... More

PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
EPILOGUE

5

1.7K 56 0
By Nifemi_11

~CLAIR~

The comforting warmth was something I wanted to cherish while I was still sleeping. I moaned in satisfaction at the comforting heat but then my mind drifted to Sam's audition.

I then open my eyes to be met with a chest. A well sculpted, hard and sexy chest with some tattoos. I bit my lip as my eyes moved upwards to see a beautiful and handsome face.

My husband was sleeping beside me!

I couldn't help but admire how cute he looks when he's sleeping. There wasn't his signature frown on his face instead he looked peaceful. I wish his face could be as calm as this when he's awake not always frowning especially when I'm around.

"You know staring is rude right?", his husky Italian voice said as he opened his eyes. His beautiful gray eyes made me blush in embarrassment.

'What if he heard me moan?'

I'm totally screwed.

"Sorry," I mumble embarrassed. "Morning," he sais as he sat up. I sat up also and then realized our position. Our legs were tangled together and my dress was rolled up that my bare thighs were on display.

My face was burning with embarrassment as I pulled my dress down. I heard him chuckle and I wanted nothing more than the bed to swallow me.

"How did we...you know?," I asked him as I gestured to the bed. My face was hot with pure embarrassment. "After the gala, you were pretty tired so I carried you to your room. Then you told me to stay with you and I was already too tired to protest, so I complied", he explained and an 'o' left my mouth.

"What time is it?", I asked. "Six on the dot", he answered as he looked at the wall clock at the top of my door frame and I nodded. This is the first time I was having a civilized conversation with him. And it's in my bed!

I was meant to meet Sam in her house by seven thirty. Yawning softly, I stand up from my bed and attempt to reach the zip of my dress but I couldn't.

I turn around embarrassed. Matteo was still sitting down on the bed with his phone in hand. "Matteo, please can you help me with m-my z-zip?", I asked him with my face burning in embarrassment. Oh God! Why did I stutter at the end of my sentence?

He nodded and stood up. I bit my lower lip when his muscles flexed as he walked towards me. 'Why is he taking this situation so lightly?'

His fingers lightly brushed my back causing shivers down my body as he zipped my dress down.

"I'm done", he cleared his throat. "Thank you", I said and turned around. I quickly made my way to the bathroom and sighed in relief as I closed the door. I didn't know how he had this effect on me.

After my bath, I walked into my room. Thankfully, he wasn't there so I changed into a pair of dark high waist jeans and a red long sleeved shoulder drop crop top. I applied lip gloss and mascara and slipped into my red addidas converse.

I walked down the stairs to see Martha preparing to leave. "Good morning Martha", I greeted her. "Good morning my dear, how was your night?", she greeted teasingly. I blushed and she smirked. "You'll give me all the details when I get back from shopping", she said and I nodded.

"Bye", I hugged her and she hugged me back. I made my way to the kitchen and saw Matteo at the island eating and typing away on his laptop.

I quietly walked over to the counter and poured in some hot water from the kettle into a mug before pouring in a packet of lemon tea and two sugar cubes.

"Are you on a diet?", he asked as I walked over to the island and sat down with my mug. "No", I replied taking a sip of my tea. "Then why not breakfast?", he asked. "I'm not hungry", I answered shortly and he shrugged slightly.

I didn't finish my tea when my phone beeped and it displayed a message from Sam.

*Baby girl, I'm at our spot*.

I smiled and text her back

*I'll be right there*.

Then she texted again,

*Ask your hubby if I could come over*.

I bit my lip while texting her back.

*I'll try....*

"I advise you to not bite your lip when you're in front of me", I heard him say lowly. I thought his normal baritone was hot. But his Italian accent being an octave lower is sexy.

I mentally face palmed myself when I bit my lip again. It's not my fault. I do it when I'm thinking or anxious.

"Sorry", I mumbled as I fiddled with my fingers. I was a nervous wreck right now! "I assume you want to ask a question", he said. My eyes widened, "How would you know?". He smirked and said, "You're like an open book, Clair. So fire away".

My cheeks turned red as I drop my gaze to my fingers and took in a deep breath.

"Can I be allowed to bring my friend over?", I asked him. "You're not a ten year old Clair, you're allowed to do anything you want", he said and I raised my head.

I was about to say something but he beat me to it. "I know what I told you earlier last week. I'm sorry for that. You don't need my permission to do anything", he said.

My eyes lock with his beautiful gray ones and something stirred in my chest. I averted my gaze and stood up. I walked to the dishwasher and rinsed my cup. A maid had already cleared his table when I turned around.

I grabbed my bag and walk over to him. "Matteo?", I said quietly making him up from his phone. His face was a few inches from me. He was already standing up and his cologne was invading my senses.

Suck it up Clair!

I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him on his cheek. "Thank you", I muttered and quickly walked out of the house before he could react.

I didn't look back until I walked out of the gates. My heart was beating rapidly and my face was hot red. I quickly called a taxi.

~~

"Clair!", Sam squealed as she rana towards me. She wasn't joking when she said she'd wear that outfit. She wore the ripped jeans but it had some designs on it. The black crop top had a crown on the 'I HATE BITCHES'. "What did you do?", I asked her with a raised brow.

"I added some designs. Look at my DIY converse!", she squealed. My eyes landed on her black Nike that had a red rose at the back of each shoe with the words 'I HATE BITCHES' written under.

"Tell me you spent all night doing this", I said with a sigh. "Yup", she said popping the 'p'. I rolled my eyes and follow her towards her car. Typical Samantha.

"Have you had breakfast?", she asked. "Does lemon tea count?", I asked her and she shook her head while rolling her eyes. "I'll order pizza when we get there", she said and I nodded as she started the car and began to drive.

We got to the large building and my mouth parted in awe. It became more beautiful than I remembered last year. "Let's go in!", she grabbed my hand and dragged me into the building.

"Samantha!", we turned our heads to see Tiffany. "Hey Tiff!", both of us smiled as we walked towards her. Tiffany was Sam's modeling partner before she resigned.

"I hope you're coming back. I need you! I don't want to be paired with that bitch. She's rude", Tiff pointed at Alexia who was shamelessly flirting with a worker. I almost burst out laughing. "That's Alexia", I said and she immediately cursed her name.

"Hey Clair, I heard you're married", she said and I nodded showing her my wedding ring. "Wow, this must be expensive. Well, you're a Rossi", she said and we all laughed.

She led us to where the other ladies were. I sat beside Sam who sat beside Alexia, unfortunately. She didn't notice until Sam huffed at something Mark said.

Mark shot her an amused look while she winked at him. Mark was her older brother's best friend who happened to be a manager here.

He began walking towards us. Alexia, thinking he was coming for her began to adjust her hair and began twirling it seductively.

I then saw the look on Sam's face. It was like saying 'he isn't coming for you bitch'. I giggled and then Mark was in front of us.

"Hey ladies", he smiled. I let out a little laugh when Alexia's face fell. "Hey, momma's boy", I said teasingly and he pouted making me grin.  "I'm gonna tell Aiden you're bulling me", he whined and I stood up to lunch his cheeks. "You're so adorable", I cooed and he laughed as he pushed me away gently.

"Sammy, long time, no see", he said and Sam waved him off before pulling him in hug. "Because I left doesn't mean you had to abandon me", she huffed and Mark ruffled her hair.

"You're ruining my hair do", she shrieked and he laughed.

"I have a job to do, I'll see you guys later", he said before giving us a hug and walking off.

"First, it was that guy in the parking lot and now a guy for Chanel. What's more slut?", Alexia sneered at me 

"Yo Barbie face!", Sam snarled at her. "You don't talk to her like that especially when I'm here. The name's Samantha Millers and I can't wait to see your face after this audition", she said angrily and Alexia's face fell as she realized who Sam was.

As if on cue, the organizers walked in.

"Let's begin, shall we?", they clapped.

~~

"I did it! I made it!", Sam ran in screaming and squealing like a love struck teenager who just got asked on a date. "Wow Sam, that's great!", I opened my arms as she jumped on me. She hugged me like she was squeezing an orange.

"Okay I think you should leave her now. She's turning blue", Mark said as he peeled her off me. "I got it Mark, I actually got it!", she squealed and hugged him.

I smiled and then it dropped just as Alexia walked through the doors. She stormed towards me and pointed a finger towards me. "It's because of you!", she snarled.

"What did I do?", I asked her confused.

She laughs and glares at me. "You took everything from me. You took Matteo, you tarnished my reputation and now you're taking my job!", she accused angrily.

"I-I don't understand", I said in confusion. What was she even talking about? "They want you to model, you bitch!", she screamed at me and my eyes widen.

"I didn't mean to-", I didn't even complete my sentence when I heard a loud sound and a painful and stinging sensation on my cheeks.

Nobody had slapped me since that incident that happened eight years ago.

That slap brought back so many memories that I thought I buried down deep.

"Did you just slap her!?", I heard Sam scream but I felt like as if I was pulled underwater. "You fucking slapped her!", she screamed and pushed her to the ground. "You do not mess with Clair!", Sam screamed and was about to land a punch on her when Mark pulled her back.

"Let me go!", Sam yelled as she struggles against him. She pushed out of his grip and punched Alexia square in the face and I heard something crack. All I could do was stare, I couldn't even move.

"You broke my fucking nose!", Alexia screamed in pain. "You deserve much slut!", Sam spat with hatred.

Tears were already streaming down my cheeks as I looked at the ground, I'm very sure my cheeks were red. "I'll take care of her. Bye," she told Mark and he nodded.

Sam grabbed my hand and led me out of the building. We immediately got in the car and I let out a cough.

She turned to me and ran a hand through her white hair. "Clair, I'm sorry she did that to you. Please calm down", she said and sighed. "Where do you want to go?".

"Home", I mumbled as a sob escaped my mouth. Memories flooded my mind. Painful memories.

"Please don't cry", she begged me but I managed to keep my mouth closed as she drove me home.

By the time we reached my house, my breathing became rapid and it was somehow hard to breathe. "Clair! Breathe!", she said panicking but it was distant to my hearing. I was scared right now.

I felt like I was slipping in and out of consciousness.

"Shit!", she cursed and hopped out of the car, running to my side. "Clair, please talk to me!", she begged. "House", was all I can say. Now I can't breathe.

Tears began to fall down my cheeks as I gasped for air. "Asthma?!", she cried out in fear. "Martha!", I cried as I tried to breathe.

"I'll get help", she said and ran into the house.

Sobs escaped my mouth as I failed every attempt to breathe. "Ah!", I cried as I tried to breathe. "Clair?", I heard someone all my name.

Then I felt a warm hand on my cheek wiping away my tears. "It's okay baby", the voice cooed. A sob escaped my lips as I choke on air.

"Should we take her to the hospital?", Sam asked with panic clear in her voice. "No", he mumbled and crouched down to my leg.

"Clair, wrap your legs around my waist so I can carry you", he said softly and I nodded. He lifted me by my arms and I wrapped my legs around his waist, burying my face in his chest. "It h-hurts", I sobbed into chest. "Shh, baby it's okay", he whispered and carried me inside with Sam tailing along.

He dropped me on a cold counter top and I realized we were in the kitchen. He turned to Sam, "There's a cloth in that cupboard, please bring it and also an inhaler".

She nodded and did as he said. He dipped the cloth under the tap making it wet.

"Clair, I need to remove your top", he said. A painful gasp escaped my mouth as my airway tightened. "It's okay", he whispered and helped me remove my top.

"Okay, Clair try to breathe", he told me. I try to inhale but I couldn't get any air into my lungs. "You're making progress, try again baby", he encouraged. I do as he said and he dabbed my chest with the wet cloth.

"Do it again", he said and I obeyed. He dropped the cloth in the sink and held my waist drawing small circles at my back. "Breathe, Clair please just breathe", he begged me and I tried to inhale again.

"It h-hurts s-so m-much", I whimpered and he stroked my cheeks. "Just do it for me baby", he whispered and I nodded. I try again and I felt myself inhale little air. "Will use the inhaler?", He asked me gently. "N-no", I coughed. I took in a gulp of air and he rubbed my arms encouragingly.

"Good girl, keep breathing", he said and I continued inhaling and exhaling until I could breathe normally. "You did it", he said with a sigh of content and I nodded tiredly. My energy was lost and I fell forward. He wrapped me securely in his arms.

"Are you okay!?", Sam asked panicking as she looked at him. "She's alright. I can hear her breathing", he said and she nodded. My eyes were heavy and I was so tired. Tears stained Sam's cheeks and my chest tightened at the amount of fear that gripped her because of me.

"Go to sleep Clair", he whispered in my ear and I nodded weakly. "Thank you, Matteo", I mumbled before I was out like light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 392 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
475K 17.7K 39
-When her husband marries another girl- --- There is a price to be paid for giving up your heart. There is a price to be paid for wasting eight y...
50.5K 571 14
Daniel Xavier Hudson. typical bad boy in senior year of collage arrogant rude and foulmouthed he don't do relationships he was never the one to liste...