The Adventurous (HTTYD Hiccup...

By Corruptlight

"๐•ด ๐–‘๐–”๐–”๐–๐–Š๐–‰ ๐–†๐–™ ๐–๐–Ž๐–’... ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐•ด ๐–˜๐–†๐–œ ๐–’๐–ž๐–˜๐–Š๐–‘๐–‹." Y/n is a strange girl that came to Berk with... More

.โ€ขยฐ๐—”๐˜‚๐˜๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ฟ'๐˜€ ๐—ก๐—ผ๐˜๐—ฒยฐโ€ข.
ยป๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—–๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜ยซ
Berk
That Night
Oh no...
Dragon Training!
Nadders and Furys?
Bonding...
Dragons!
Grief...
A Funeral
Flight and a Nest.
The Arena
The Red Death
Hello?
Scuttleclaw?
ยป๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐—ง๐—ผ ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—˜๐—ฑ๐—ด๐—ฒ ๐—–๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜ยซ
๐•พ๐–Š๐–†๐–˜๐–”๐–“ ๐•บ๐–“๐–Š
Start of a new adventure.
The Dragon Eye?
What is that?
A strange island
Thor what now?
Mischief by a kid
A Fiery Rule
We're Family
Protector's of sort's
Mystery Person.
Mystery Person pt.2
Our own little pack.
๐•พ๐–Š๐–†๐–˜๐–”๐–“ ๐•ฟ๐–œ๐–”
But What If?
A New Threat
A New Threat Pt.2
A Dying Tree
Imaginary or not?
The Axe, The Dragon and The Ceremony.
Snowy Secrets
Fight them, not each other!
Fight them, not each other! Pt. 2
Mischief with a Shock
Lightning rivals
A game for our lives
A game for our live Pt.2
๐•พ๐–Š๐–†๐–˜๐–”๐–“ ๐•ฟ๐–๐–—๐–Š๐–Š
Enemy of my Enemy... is not what I expected.
Defending the Queen
Following the Leader
Fading away
Becoming the Hunted
Migrating into a pack
Trapped Together...
Sweet Sweet Melodies...
Quaking Island
Relationships Are Fragile
Auction of Talons
Friends or Enemies?
๐•พ๐–Š๐–†๐–˜๐–”๐–“ ๐•ฑ๐–”๐–š๐–—
Friends or Enemies? Pt.2
Strange Nut
Needing Each Other
Parents Pressure
Royal Scatter
Can't Breath
Delirious Adventure
Golden Problems

Fight of the Nightmares

2.9K 57 20
By Corruptlight

Your POV

Today we were doing this new drill, well it sorta became a game but that doesn't matter really as it works either way. Hiccup and Toothless were going again as they have made the dome before as everyone else besides Dracul and Ryu has not made it.
But Dracul didn't really do the course as he's been busy trying to make Speedy, not nocturnal and thankfully he did today as the Speed Stinger is up and about a day, not night.

"What's the bet they make it?" Astrid asks me as we were waiting for them to make the clearing so we could start closing the dome.

"Pretty high." I told her and as I said that they come into view.

"There they are!" Astrid called out to Fishlegs who was in charge of telling the twins when to close the dome when Hiccup and Toothless are seen.

"Close the dome!" He called out to the twins, I could hear them saying something to each other but I couldn't hear quite what the words being said were. However, I do hear the dome start closing behind me.

"No way he's making that." Snotlout said to all of us as we watched the duo fly into the cave that led to the dome, just as the dome is about to shut they blast through the dome and beat the dome.

"Yeah!" I shouted celebrating as they land on top of the dome and Hiccup looks at all of us.

"Alright, we're up." Snotlout said to Hookfang and the dragon stood at attention but Fishlegs tried to stop him.

"Come on, nobody's able to beat the dome except Hiccup." Fishlegs insisted but Snotlout seemed to brush it off.

"Nobody 'til now." Snotlout shot back as I shake my head at him.

"Guys, this was supposed to be a drill, do we have to turn it into a game?" Hiccup asked us and we all turn to him.

"Don't we always?" Astrid asked him with an eyebrow raised.

"Good point."

"'Twas once a drill, then it became a game, now it is theatre," Tuffnut said very dramatically like near the lever.

"Let the drama unfold!" Ruffnut added on in her own dramatic voice.

"Whatever it is, it's my turn." Snotlout said to all of us walking off with Hookfang following behind to go to the forest part of the course.

"They're not gonna make it," Astrid said to me as Hiccup and Toothless glided onto the ground and Hiccup got off Toothless walking up to Astrid and I.

"Oh, I thought that was well known." I replied to her and I see Hiccup walk over to the twins out of the corner of my eye.

I heard footsteps on my left, where Astrid was standing and I look to see Dracul with Ryu and Speedy.

"Where have you been?" I asked him to which he smiled at me.

"The twin's boars escaped and woke me up this morning so I redid the fence around them and rounded the boars back into their pen." He explained yawning a little in the middle of the sentence.

"Makes sense." I told him and as I said that I heard the roar of a Nightmare and look to the sky to see that Hookfang and Snotlout have emerged from the forest.

"He emerged from the forest!" Ruff yelled out to everyone.

"And what of his gallbladder?" Tuff asked in his theatre voice.

"Impossible to say..." Ruff responded to her brother.

"The tension continues to build..." Tuff said as the dome started closing.

"Hey..." Dracul called to Astrid and I "Does he look like he's flying straight?" He asked and we both paid close attention to see Hookfang wasn't really focusing on flying.

"No, it doesn't." Astrid answered 

We all watched as he entered the cave as the dome was close to being fully closed. I hear Hookfang roar and see him fly through the crack in the dome, Snotlout shouted something pointing at the gap in the closing dome and Hookfang flew towards it only for it to shut on him.

We hear the Nightmare crash as we all look at each other for a second before running to the entrance of the dome as the twins open it and we see only Snotlout on the ground with Hookfang nowhere in sight.

"Snotlout, are you ok?" Hiccup asked him only for him to groan and sit up.

"Ow. Define ok." Snotlout answered as Hiccup looked around the area to see no trace of Hookfang.

"Where's Hookfang?" Hiccup asked the rider only for Snotlout to look behind himself.

"That's what I'd like to know. I've got some words for that dragon!" He said frustrated.

I looked over at Hiccup only for him to look over at me and shrug his shoulders.

><><><

It was later in the day and Snotlout had found Hookfang by the time it was feeding time for the dragons. There were two fish piles, one for Toothless, Stormfly, Meatlug and Barf and Belch and the other for Nyra, Speedy and Ryu with Mischief stealing a few as he doesn't eat that many fish compared to the bigger dragons with Hookfang being fed on his own.

After we put our pile down I walk over next to Hiccup and had a quiet conversation with him about random things that have been happening around the edge. The conversation was cut short as I hear Snotlout get hit and land behind us, we turn to see him there on the ground.

"Ow, hey, everybody saw that right?" Snotlout asked standing up.

"Yes we did, my friend and it was delightful." Tuff said to him.

"My good sir, can you reenact it for us?" Ruff asked and both of the twins still using their theatre voices.

"No I mean Hookfang, he's acting weird." Snotlout explained to us, but to me, it seemed like it was a normal thing for these two but I could be wrong.

"How's that?" Fishlegs asked him.

"Well, he didn't listen to me during the race, he ran away, he just spits fish in my face, and threw me against the wall!" He explained it all to us.

"And this is weird how?" Astrid asked him.

"You have to admit, Snotlout that does kind of sum up your relationship with Hookfang." Hiccup told him but Snotlout only walked up to Hookfang, who roared and flew up hitting a supporting beam with his horns.

Hiccup walked over to Snotlout after seeing this.

"If you're coming over here to tell me I'm crazy, save it ." Snotlout said to him.

"You know what, Snotlout, you're right." Hiccup told him only for Snotlout to turn to him in surprise.

"I am?"

"No one knows your dragon like you do. If you really think something's wrong with him, then lock him in a pen for tonight so he just doesn't hurt himself. Then we can see how he's doing in the morning." Hiccup explained as they both look back up at Hookfang.

"Yeah. Yeah. Maybe I'll do that." Snotlout told him as I left to go get some sleep as Speedy was staying in Dracul's hut so I didn't need to worry about it.

><><><

It was late in the morning when everyone was out of bed and had some food, I think the plan is to continue with the dome and it was my turn to be with Speedy with week.

Speaking of which Speedy roared at me happily as he's being trained to be more docile around Vikings as part of the first bits of his training.

"Hey, buddy!" I said to him as everyone else was seeing to their dragons but anyway, Speedy tends to stay near me over Dracul which is funny cause Dracul fakes being jealous. 

I kneel down and start scratching under his chin where he likes it.

"Hookfang is gone!" Snotlout yelled out from behind startling me a little and Speedy gets a bit antsy at Snotlout.

"Stay put," I whispered to Speedy who roared quietly in return and I walked over to Hiccup and Snotlout.

"He broke out of his pen last night!" Snotlout told both of us.

"Then this might be more serious than we thought." Hiccup said and he immediately pulled his thinking face.

"Great. I accept your offer to help in the search." Snotlout said as he pushes past Hiccup and he climbed onto Toothless. 

"Come on, Toothless. Up, bud. Fly, bud. Do something, bud!" Snotlout said in a Hiccup like voice before yelling at him in his normal voice.

Toothless however did not like that and started growling at him.

"Okay! Okay, calm down, Snotlout. We'll help you look for Hookfang." Hiccup said to him causing Snotlout to break his glare way from Toothless and look at Hiccup.

"Oh yeah, you will, it was your idea to leave him alone in his pen in the first place." Snotlout accused and I grabbed his arm before he could walk over to get on the saddle.

"I'll come with you, the more eye's the better," I told him causing him to smile thankfully as I whistle to Nyra causing her and Mischief to come over.

I get on Nyra's back and we all take to the air.

><><><

"Hookfang! Hookfang!" Snotlout called out again pushing Hiccup down and I hear Toothless growl but he stopped a few seconds after and Hiccup pushes himself back up so he sits straight.

Snotlout hit Hiccup's arm "Give me your eye thingy." He said to him and Hiccup grabbed it.

"You mean my spyglass?" He asked as Snotlout grabbed it but didn't answer.

However, right after a roar is heard and it sounded like a Monstrous Nightmare to me.

"That sound, we heard that before Hookfang weirded out. Go that way!" Snotlout said pointing to the left causing Hiccup to move his body to the right as to not get hit.

"Would you... Okay. Okay, let me fly the dragon." Hiccup asked.

"That sounded like a Monstrous Nightmare." I pointed out as we flew the way the call came from. After a few minutes, I see a cave with Hookfang outside of it seems to be looking for something.

We land away from him a little bit, to make sure that none of us get hurt.

"This place again? This is where I found him last time." Snotlout told us as we all get off our dragons, I hear Nyra roar slightly in worry as I walk in front of her and I turn around smiling slightly as some sort of reassurance for her.

I look back to see Hookfang growling at us and trying to scare us off. However, after a few seconds, another Monstrous Nightmare that has purple and orange scales come out of the cave as I walk up next to Hiccup.

"Look! There is another Monstrous Nightmare!" I point out to the two boys.

"That's not just another Monstrous Nightmare. That's a female Monstrous Nightmare." Hiccup told Snotlout and I and they turn to each other and start doing what I can only guess is a mating dance.

"A female Monstrous Nightmare? Now it all makes sense. My dragon has a way with the ladies! Must have picked up a few pointers from his master." Snotlout gloated and I raised an eyebrow.

"I doubt it. She's not even dry heaving." I told him and I heard Hiccup laugh really quietly at my comment.

"Okay, shush." He told me putting a hand up quickly before putting down "Hookfang, time's up. Let's go." Snotlout said to Hookfang but it didn't look like he was interested in going.

"Snotlout, you might want to tread lightly. He's looking a wee bit territorial." Hiccup advised.

"Bit territorial. Thanks for the advice." Snotlout taunted before looking at the both of us "Like you said, "no one knows my dragon better than me". So when it comes to Hookfang, I handle my own business. Hookfang, Girl Hookfang? What's..." Snotlout started but Hookfang fired at Snotlout pushing his rider away.

Both Hiccup and I flinched away to not see the fire and I looked back to see him wobbling back towards us with burn marks on him.

"Yeah, he's really busy right now." He told us before collapsing.

Hiccup and I looked at each other before I walked over to the body and picked it up to bridal style.

"We'll take him back to the edge, Hookfang probably a little uh... busy." I say to him and he nods as we get back on the dragons and fly towards the edge.

><><><

"Snotlout, it's not that bad. It could have been a lot worse." Astrid tried to assure as Snotlout woke up and we all told everyone what happened, making Snotlout feel upset about the events that have taken place today.

"I fear not, fear maiden. Hookfang clearly made a decisive choice at that moment, and, thus, acted upon it." Tuff argued with his theatre voice again.

"Mm. Showing, not telling. The number one rule in theatre. And what better way to achieve that than by setting one aflame!" Ruff yelled out and Dracul put a hand on his forehead rubbing it slightly.

"Ruff, a dragon can't speak human speak." Dracul told her but Ruff didn't pay attention to him.

"Kid all you want, but I know that dragon. I know what's in his heart and in his head. He'll come back to me like he always does." Snotlout defended to us all and I look at Fishlegs to see him fidgeting nervously. 

"Uh..."

"Uh what? You're gonna tell me he's never coming back?" He asked Fishlegs shouting a bit.

"Uh..."

"Fishlegs?" Hiccup asked, wanting to give an answer.

"Hookfang wouldn't follow his training, he wouldn't eat, he ran away twice, he picked another dragon over you." Fishlegs told Snotlout with Tuff counting all the things that happened on his fingers behind him.

"Don't forget the fire thing." Tuff reminded him.

"Right. He pushed you away. All the symptoms are here." Fishlegs told him sadly, I think I know where this is going.

"Symptoms of what?" Snotlout asked.

"I think Hookfang is going feral." He told us all and we all jumped back a tiny bit surprised at his speculation.

"No, not going feral!" Tuff said with his dramatic theatre voice this time.

"The cruellest turn of events..." Ruff also said with her theatre voice. 

"Wait, what's "going feral" mean?" She quietly asked her brother.

"I have no idea."

"It means that meeting this female has reawakened his primal instincts. And he's returning to the wild." Fishlegs explained to them and we all looked at Snotlout, who had looked like he wasn't going to believe him.

"Shut up, Fishface! What do you know?! Hookfang needs me." Snotlout said walking off.

"It's nature, Snotlout. You can't fight it." Fishlegs yelled out to him.

"Watch me." He shot back.

"Bravo! Bravissimo! Encore! Ah, what theater!" Tuff celebrated.

"Yes, and what a cliffhanger!" Ruff added on causing me to sigh.

><><><

After that whole ordeal we all decided to continue with today's activities, I for one was grooming the dragons as they both love it dearly and I was also talking to Hiccup while I was at it.

"It's a scary idea, huh? That one of our dragons might just one day go back to the wild? You'd never do that to me, would you bud? I didn't think so." Hiccup said to me as I started cleaning Nyra's crown as Mischief was already done as he's a lot smaller, so he was resting.

"Yeah, I mean it's bound to happen to one of the dragons one day, all it is nature but something tells me it's more than primal instincts but I only hope that Snotlout and Hookfang do... well I hope they stay together, even with that girl in the way."

"Sounds like some relationships I've heard off back on Berk." Hiccup told me as I finished cleaning Nyra's crown and I moved to finish every other small detail I haven't yet gotten.

"You mean the ones where once someone gets in relationships they abandon hanging with their friends?" I asked as I finished cleaning Nyra to which she purred and nudged me as thanks.

"Yeah." He answered as I put the brush in the bucket but I as went to turn to Hiccup I smelled something that smelt really nice.

"What smells so good?" I questioned aloud as Hiccup and myself follow the scent, we walk over to see Fishlegs giving Meatlug a rubdown.

"You're giving Meatlug a rubdown?" Hiccup asked Fishlegs who looked up happily humming.

"Yeah. With her favourite lingonberry oil." Fishlegs told us holding up a vile "Just letting her know she's appreciated."

Hiccup and I look at each other as I shrug and walk back over to where he and I were to see Speedy there who seemed to be looking for something.

"Speedy! What are you doing?" I asked the small dragon and he turned sharply running over to me.

"Were you looking for me?" I asked him with a teasing sounded voice only for him to roar at me happily before I realize there was a note near my bucket.

I walked over to it as I hear Hiccup walk behind me, picking it up I started reading it aloud.

"Dear Y/n,

   Speedy's not staying still for me so I give him to you so I can go fly around for a little, I'll be back before sunset doesn't worry.   ~Dracul"

"Love you too little brother." I mumbled as I heard Hiccup laugh a little at me before going back over to finish grooming Toothless as I start cleaning Speedy.

We started talking about random things again until I get to Speedy's stinger and Hiccup had finished Toothless so he was just standing around.

"Be careful Y/n." Hiccup told with worry evidence in my voice as I start cleaning his tail, careful not to get stung so I don't get frozen.

"When am I not careful?" I asked jokingly as I finish cleaning the tail as it doesn't take very long.

"Well..." He started but I shut him down.

"Don't answer that."

Now that caused him to laugh lightly.

><><><

It's sunset and Snotlout had come back to us looking very defeated with more burn marks on him, meaning something bad happened.

"Any luck with Hookfang?" Hiccup asked his cousin though I'm fairly sure he knew the answer to the question.

"You give a dragon the best years of your life and then... pfft ...it's over!" Snotlout answered leaning on a cage pole.

Hearing this everyone went to make sure their best friend was still there, I put a hand on Nyra just to make sure.

"You want more bauxite, girl?" I hear Fishlegs whisper giving Meatlug some rocks to eat.

"Classic romantic comedy paradigm. Boy gets dragon, boy loses dragon, the dragon falls asleep, boy eats, boy falls asleep, dragon eats." Tuff cries out, still using his theatre voice.

"Oh! Gets me every time." Ruff tells her brother.

"I give up. If being with her makes Hookfang happy, I guess I should be happy for him, too. Ugh. If you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to go lay down for a few... weeks." Snotlout told us walking out of the stable.

"Wow. It's really not like Snotlout to give up this easily." Hiccup said to us all and he had a point, Snotlout, while is arrogant, full of ego and stuck up is still one of the most stubborn people I know and he wouldn't just give up like this.

"What can he do? Hookfang hath forsaken him. I, too, would be depressed, if Barf and Belch forsook-ed me." Tuff explained in his own theatre themed way.

"And if I forsook thee?" Ruff asked Tuff.

"Eh. That wouldn't bother me."

"We've gotta get him back in the saddle right away. That means we've got some work to do." Hiccup said to us and we got to work, wrangling some Nightmares into the night.

><><><

"What's this?" Snotlout asked us as we had three potential suitors for him to ride while Hookfang is gone but I don't think that is the way to go about it.

"We stayed up all night wrangling some new dragons. We figured, maybe with Hookfang going through... well, whatever he's going through, this might help." Hiccup told him semi cheerfully.

"Guys, I don't know what to say." Snotlout told us.

"Thank Thor," Astrid said.

"Except that you wasted your time." Snotlout finished and some people groaned.

"Oh, come on, Snotlout, at least try them out." Hiccup insisted gesturing up to the Nightmares.

"As awesome as Hookfire, Fangmaster and Hookblazefang are... and I named them all already. I can't look at them and not think of Hookfang." Snotlout told us, naming all the dragon's a variant of Hookfang.

But I can see where he's coming from, I mean if I couldn't ride Nyra, I wouldn't want to ride any other dragon.

"Another cruel twist. Snotlout rejects the new suitors. Begone, pretenders, and never return! I hast forsookenst thou." Tuff said to the Nightmare he was holding and I turn to see he let them fly away.

"Snotlout, I know you're hurting, but we need you up there with us." Hiccup told him, trying to get his energy back so he could fly.

"Dagur's out there looking for us," Astrid told him.

"Not to mention any other possible threats that could be out there," Dracul added on.

"We can't be down a rider." Astrid finished.

"What if you tried riding a different kind of dragon?" Fishlegs suggested to Snotlout and he looked up a little to answer.

"I don't know. Maybe."

"Yeah! There you go! How about a Nadder? Uh, Astrid?" Hiccup asked after suggesting the Nadder.

"He doesn't want to ride Stormfly again. He's already..." Astrid started but Snotlout cut her off, walking down the line of dragons.

"Too small, too slow, two heads, too many wings."

"What the--" I started but stopped myself and just watched on.

"Okay. You don't like any of these dragons. So maybe we try some new ones. A Thunderdrum or a Timberjack? Or how about..." Hiccup started to list off dragon species but got cut off like Astrid.

"Listen, guys, I don't want to come off as thankful or anything, but you taught me a lesson today by offering me your inferior dragons." Snotlout told him and I know somethings wrong, he normally isn't like this.

"What are you saying?" Hiccup asked.

"I'm saying that if I can't fly Hookfang, I don't want to fly any dragon." Snotlout answered and I felt myself go a little rigid.

'Oh no...'

"How can you be a dragon rider and not ride a dragon?" Astrid asked, not realizing what Snotlout was saying.

"You were always the smart one, Astrid." Snotlout told her sadly.

Hiccup's face seemed to drop ever so slightly "Wait a minute, you're..."

"Quitting, that's right. I shall be a dragon rider no more." Snotlout said sadly.

"What?"

"Time to call in the understudy," Tuff whispered to Ruff.

"Hey Fishlegs, how's your Snotlout?" Ruff asked Fishlegs, only to get a gentle hit in return from my brother.

"Not now you two," Dracul whispered to them.

"Oh, come on Snotlout, you're just hurting now, that's all. Give it some time." Hiccup argued, trying to get him not to leave.

"No, Hiccup, my mind is made up. I'm going to say goodbye to Hookfang, and then sail back to Berk for good. It's over." Snotlout told him walking off to most likely collect his valuables.

"We need to convince him not to quit," Hiccup said to all of us and I took a step forward.

"I mean can you blame him?" I asked everyone and I felt their eye's on me.

"What do you mean?" Fishlegs asked me.

"Well, let's be in Snotlouts boots, what if you couldn't ride Meatlug? Fishlegs, would you really want to ride any other dragon?" I asked him only for him to look at Meatlug and put a hand on her.

"If any of you couldn't ride your dragon we all know that you wouldn't want to ride another dragon," I told them and they all seemed to understand.

"Now while Snotlout wouldn't be useful in the air he sure as hell would be helpful here on the Edge, it would keep him near Hookfang so he knows that Hookfang is happy and safe," I said to everyone and Hiccup walked up next to me, putting an arm around shoulders.

"Y/n's right, alright. We all know we would be acting like Snotlout if something like this happened, so we need to find Snotlout and at least keep him here on the island so he doesn't quit." Hiccup told everyone and I looked at Dracul.

"Alright, but we need to find out where he is," Dracul told us and we looked at each other, trying to think of a place he might be.

"The cave!" I exclaimed after a couple of seconds of silence.

Hiccup nodded and turned to everyone else "Alright gang saddle up, we're going to a Monstrous Nightmare nest."

We all get to the air and fly to the cave.

Once we get near the cave I hear the roar of a very familiar sounding roar as it didn't quite sound like a normal Nightmare, but like the ones from Titan Island as it has been named. We fly closer and I see Snotlout and the purple and orange female Nightmare from earlier. However I do a massive back and red Titan Nightmare,

However I see Hookfang knocked down and Snotlout holding a mere sword, he won't be able to hold his own again the Titan.

"Plasma blast bud!" Hiccup told Toothless and Toothless shot the Titan just as it started charging at the Viking and dragon, the twins glided down after and fired at the titan as well which made him fly off so we could land.

We all land in the clearing and I got off Nyra's back and gave her a few pats before walking over to Snotlout with Astrid and Hiccup.

"What are you guys doing here? Not that I'm complaining." Snotlout asked, in a lot better of a mood than a little bit ago.

"We came to convince you not to quit." Hiccup told him.

"You wanna tell us what's going on here?" Astrid asked but it seemed like Snotlout didn't quite know how to answer the question.

"It looks like two male dragons fighting over a female," Fishlegs told us and I look over at him.

"Yeah, I've heard male Vikings do it too, but I've personally never seen it." Ruff told Fishlegs but Fishlegs paid little attention to it.

"But the Titan Wing heard the female's mating call, too and was drawn to it." Fishlegs finished looking over at the rest of us.

"Ah-ha! A love triangle!" Tuff exclaimed.

"Wrong." Snotlout exclaimed and I turn to face him "Girl Hookfang has three eggs in that cave. Hookfang has been helping her protect them from giant jerk dragon." Snotlout answered getting a little frustrated at the titan by the end.

"That wasn't a mating call Hookfang was answering, it was a distress call!" Hiccup realizes.

"Well, we taught him a lesson then. He won't be back." Astrid said happily but I shake my head.

"I'm not so sure because Hookfang has been here for days, yet it still comes back." I told her putting a hand on my hip.

"Y/n's right. They're probably the eggs of a rival. Titan Wings won't give up until they're destroyed." Fishlegs explained walking up to my right.

"So Hookfang didn't go feral after all?" Snotlout asked with curiosity.

"Apparently not. He's trying to establish dominance over the Titan Wing so he'll leave the eggs alone." Fishlegs exclaimed and Snotlout's face lit up instantly.

"I knew it!"

"A true underdog story." Tuff exclaimed going back to his theatre voice.

"Yes! The apex of dramaturgy!"  Ruff agreed in her theatre voice as well causing me to sigh slightly at them but it's with a slight smile.

I turn back to the Nightmare and everyone else to see Snotlout talking to the two Nightmares.

"Ha! I'm proud of you, buddy. Girl Hookfang just became an honorary Jorgenson." Snotlout told everyone and I saw Astrid roll her eyes.

"Oh boy!" She groaned and I shoved her lightly while shaking my head lightly and smiling.

Though I started to hear Fishlegs whimpering at something.

"Uh, Hiccup?" Fishlegs called out and I looked at him to see him looking at the sky.

"Yeah?"

"Remember what I said about the Titan Wing Monstrous Nightmare coming back?" Fishlegs asked.

"Yeah?"

"Well..." Fishlegs looked away and I looked up to the sky to see the Titan wing circling us and I get into a little bit of a battle-ready position.

I look back at everyone and we were all looking at Hiccup.

"Hookfang can't take on that Titan Wing alone." Hiccup told us all.

"He won't be alone." Snotlout assured getting on his saddle.

"Neither will you." Astrid told him.

"We've gotta do this ourselves." Snotlout told her with a firm look.

"No way! That thing will tear you apart." She argued, "Saddle up, everybody."

"You heard Fishlegs. That Titan Wing will only stop if it's dominated by Hookfang." Snotlout argued back looking to the sky.

"Snotlout's right Astrid." I told her putting a hand on her shoulder.

"But Y/n, look at that thing. It's..." She trailed off looking back at the titan Nightmare.

"I know. Huge, scary, angry..." I started taking my hand off her shoulder.

"Bloodthirsty!" Tuff added on.

"Thanks, Tuff." I said to him and he looked at me with a small smile after that.

"Sorry. Writer's embellishment." I nodded at that looking back at Snotlout.

"Get him, Snotlout! You guys can do this." Hiccup said to him.

"Hey, be careful. He's pretty nasty." Astrid told him and he nodded slightly.

"Whatever happens to us, promise me you'll protect those eggs," Snotlout asked and I nodded a yes to him.

"We will." Hiccup promised and he took off after the Titan Wing.

"He's crazy." Astrid stated.

"He's Snotlout." Hiccup told her.

"True."

We all watched as the Titan Wing goes and fires at Hookfang put he uses his small size and dodges out of the way, firing at the belly of the beast.
This causes everyone to celebrate a little.

"Nice move!" Astrid yells out.

The titan spins around and Fires but by the time it fires Hookfang's gone around the back of it and fired on the other side of the Titan Wing.

"Hookfang's smaller but he's more maneuverable." Fishlegs pointed out to us.

"The climax approaches," Tuff says to himself.

Hookfang gets another small shot at the Titan Wing and flies in a circle around but the Titian Wing knocked him down with his tail. Hookfang recovered quickly but the Titan Wing was charging towards them with fire in its mouth, though it got knocked off track by Girl Hookfang.

"Girl Hookfang! I always did like you." Snotlout yelled out as the Titan Wing recovered and faced Girl Hookfang but Hookfang fired at the Titan Wing then quickly flew left and fired again, this time for the Titan Wing to fire back but Hookfang dodged it.

"Okay, Hookfang, time to play Beat the Dome!" Snotlout yelled out to Hookfang but us too.

"Beat the Dome? That's his great idea?" Astrid asked us as Snotlout flew off towards the waterfall.

"Whoa, whoa. Snotlout's never beaten the dome." Fishlegs pointed out to us.

"You're right, he hasn't. Okay, Y/n, Astrid, Tuff, Ruff, you're with me. Fishlegs and Dracul, stay with Girl Hookfang and defend the eggs." Hiccup instructed and I run over to Nyra and she bowed her head so I could get on her back quickly.

"Let's go Nyra!" I told her and we flew off to the edge.

Once we got to the edge of Nyra land and I looked up to see Hookfang and the Titan Wing racing across the sky.

"Start the dome, now!" Hiccup yelled to the twins who were sprinting to the dome and the dome started to close right after he said to meaning they got there in time.

I went to the front of the dome and watched it close with Hookfang and Snotlout flying through. Astrid put a hand on it right after it closed.

"They didn't make it!" Astrid said in general and right after we all heard a loud defiant roar come from inside the dome, meaning the Titan Wing was in there. We kept hearing a noise of pain that was definitely coming from the Titan Wing.

"Hookfang's using the Titan Wing's size against him!" Hiccup told us.

"He's trying to wear it down." Astrid also pointed out but after a few seconds, we heard something hit the ground and a small roar afterwards.

"Quick, open the dome!" Hiccup yelled to the twins and the dome started opening.

After a few seconds the Titan Wings head popped out roaring at us and we all jumped back a bit but its head dropped right after causing me to look up, seeing Hookfang with one of his claws on the Titan Wings back.

"Now, that's what I call domination. Boom!" Snotlout yelled at us happily and Hookfang roared at the Titan wing. 

"You tell him, Gangster." He said putting Hookfangs head.

Hookfang let the Titan Wing up, it looked over at Hookfang and took off into the horizon.

We all took off back to Girl Hookfang's nest.

><><><

Once we got there Fishlegs came running up to us with Dracul close behind in excitement.

"You have to see this!" Dracul exclaimed to us all.

"The eggs hatched!" Fishlegs told us and we all ran over to the nest to see the baby Nightmares.

"Snotlout, Hookfang! Oi! Oi! Oi!" I hear Snotlout yell out from behind us.

While we were looking at the baby Nightmares the twins were crying and I looked over at them.

"Uh, what's wrong with you two?" Hiccup asked them.

"Nothing," Ruff told us, but it was obviously something.

"You just don't see enough happy endings these days. Snotlout! Oi! Oi! Oi! Oi! Oi! Oi! Oi!" Tuff told and I looked back at the baby Nightmares with a small smile on my face.

><><><

Dragon Fact:

The Monstrous Nightmare can do a Self-immolation, which basically is the noun for immolating which means; kill or offer as a sacrifice, especially by burning.

Thank you so much for all the reads and votes! I appreciate them so much and I have done season one of Race to the Edge so hears to the next 5 seasons!

Love ya

~CorruptLight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 215 21
Y/N haddock is a misunderstood kid on berk alongside their brother Hiccup haddock, one night they were being attacked by dragons and the two fifteen...
224 14 10
Another month, another fanfic :) Y/n held the responsibility of becoming chief in her village even though it was the last thing she wanted to do. Her...
1.8K 33 16
(Various x reader) Y/n is Astrid's little sister. She develops a crush on Hiccup while he fell for Astrid. What happens when Toothless bonds more wit...
19 3 4
|~Unexpected Love~| -Being apart of the Haddock family wasn't easy especially with a brother like Hiccup and a father like Stoic. Yn was the older si...