Strangling My Voice: Zena's S...

By greenmarisa

I recommend reading Book 1 (Gun To My Head, Stake To My Heart) and Book 2 (Bullet Between My Eyes) first, so... More

Before you read
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
Questions
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
Confessions
Zena's Sequel
KIKI's book

11

498 37 8
By greenmarisa

Mum = Amelia or Mila

Maman = Lara

Duomo wasted no time in running through the school to find me. He threw open the door with a loud bang. Both Naomi and I jolted from the sound. He sprinted to my side and placed a hand on my forehead.

"Are you alright, principessa?" His voice was filled with concern.

"Feeling better, Duomo." I gave him a small smile.

"You scared me, little one." He let out a breath of relief. "Your parents are even more concerned. Mind if I take you home?" He wasted no time in picking me up bridal style.

"I don't think I have an option." I chuckled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Oh, she helped bring me here." I pointed at Naomi, who was trying to sneak out the room.

"Hmm..."

He whizzed around with a smile, probably to thank her. Naomi stopped since she was caught trying to slip away. When Duomo looked at her, his smile dropped. She stiffened and stood straighter than a pole. It felt tense in the air between them. Did they know each other? I heard a low, guttural growl in the back of Duomo's throat. I hit his chest to reprimand him.

"Thanks." He spat and brushed past her.

I looked over his shoulder to see Naomi staring at him with hatred. When her eyes met mine, they softened. She sent me a small smile before Duomo rounded the corner. He swiftly exited the school and took me to the car. I was grateful that class was in session because I didn't want anyone seeing Duomo carrying me like a baby.

He placed me in the passenger seat and strapped me in. He was in such a rush that he blurred to the other side. He started the car and sped out the car park. I yelled at the speed he drifted onto the main road. He began racing down the narrow streets. I looked at him with wide eyes. He was driving like a madman.

"Duomo!" He spared me a glance. "You need to slow down!" He sighed and decreased the speed. "What was that Duomo?! What happened back there?!"

"Lost my cool back there, principessa. Sorry." He glanced at me.

"Why? How do you know Naomi?" His grip tightened on the steering wheel.

"She's not human." He simply stated. "I wish Ellio mentioned that little fact. Then, I'd have been suspicious from day numero uno." He held up a finger.

"Okay, but that'd be hypocritical of me to hold her species against her. I'm a mongrel of species." Duomo chuckled at my comment. "What is she anyways? Must be bad if she's gotten you shaken up." I crossed my arms.

"She's a lustful demon." He glanced at me. "Or succubi if you wish." He focused his attention back on the road. "Do you know what a succubi is?" He turned his head to me.

"Based on your lustful descriptor, I have an idea. Makes sense why she's always over different guys... do you hate her because of a past or-"

"She works a lot with our enemies and aided in the vampires occupying Napoli under your grandfather's direction. She's bad. Do not spend time with her." He shot me a warning look. "She's manipulating, calculating-"

"Got it. She's bad bad." I chuckled. "Don't worry. I don't really like her that much anyways." I kinda lied.

"Unfortunately, she seems to be quite smitten with you." Duomo pulled into the driveway. He turned the car off and stayed still for a while. He then turned to look at me. "She's known to have no morals or loyalty. She does whatever benefits her. Be careful."

"But you told me not to spend time with her and-"

"You and I both know you won't listen to my warning." He shot me a cheeky grin and I chuckled because it's true. "I'm just telling you to be careful." He gave me a last look before opening the door.

Duomo didn't give me the option to walk since he began carrying me inside. I groaned while he laughed. My moms stood from the table and rushed to me. They were holding onto me while Duomo placed me on my bed. He then saluted me before leaving me with my terrified moms.

"Maybe we pushed her too much and she should stay home." My maman said.

"Normally, I'd push back, but this is becoming a recurring theme and-"

"I want to still go to school." They looked at me. "I just have to try and control when I have flashbacks. It's just that they're so overpowering and I'm thrust back into those situations and I feel the pain all over again." I sighed. "But I want to still go to school. It makes me feel somewhat normal." I whispered.

"Ma petite chou, please don't talk about your differences in a negative manner." My maman placed an arm around me. "It hurts me to know that you're internally in pain." She laid her head on my shoulder.

"Would it be better to talk about your experiences with us?" My mum held my hands.

"I try to avoid reliving the trauma, but I promise to tell you about my flashbacks." I negotiated with them. They sighed, but nodded.

I laid down on my mum's lap. She played with my hair until I fell asleep. I woke up to my head on a pillow and myself under the covers. I pushed the covers off and got out my bed. I still had homework to do, so I quickly finished that work.

I went onto the balcony and looked at the night sky. The view was beyond beautiful with the city lighted up. I sighed and leaned against the railing. I was about to go back inside, but I smelt something with basil and tomatoes. I then recognized the scent of the human and the delicious object being carried.

I jumped off my balcony and easily landed on my feet. I jogged and effortlessly scaled the gate. I jumped over the gate and leaned against the wall. I smiled when I spotted Luca. He jumped at seeing me casually waiting outside the villa.

"Stalking me, pizza boy?" I tiled my head with a smile.

"Ahh, no." He chuckled. "Ellio was stressed after hearing about your seizure. I was also concerned and asked if I could come by and see you. He was a bit reluctant but ended up giving your address since he wanted me to shut up." He laughed and observed the outside. "And damn your place is beautiful." He met my eyes. "Oh, made this for you. Kinda like a get well gift?" He nervously handed me the pizza box.

I smiled and opened it. My heart melted at the margarita pizza. He sprinkled basil to say: Get well :) I smiled at the message. He beamed at my happiness. I subtly took a sniff of the air and didn't sense anyone nearby. I took his hand and walked to a wall overlooking the cliff. He sat down with me.

"Now, you have to eat it with me." I handed him a slice.

"Sure." He smiled and took the slice.

"Thanks by the way. This made my day." I tasted the delicious pizza. "This is really good."

"Thanks." He smiled. "So what happened?"

"I got overwhelmed with the lights and I maybe prone to seizures. We'd have to get that checked out." I partly lied. "How was your day?"

"Uh.. fine!" I could detect his heartbeat speed up. He's lying.

"Why do I get the impression that's not the truth?" I lifted a brow.

"Because it's a lie." He sighed. "Same old, same old." He shrugged. "Though it was weird because Naomi was in such a bad mood that she shoved Rocco." That did seem a bit out of character for her. "But she pushed him so hard that he ended up fracturing his arm." I choked on my slice, so he gently patted my back. "Yeah, my reaction too. Looks like you aren't the only strong girl at school." He heartily laughed while I nervously laughed.

"Wonder what got her riled up?" I averted my eyes and thought about her encounter with Duomo.

"No idea, but I overheard her cursing out the girl who was flickering the lights or something. She was blaming the girl for your seizure." He stated.

"She what?"

"Yea. It was a whole thing. She even slammed the girl against the wall and got dangerously close to her. Rocco had to separate them. That's why she shoved him and fractured his arm. She seemed to snap out of her trance when she saw him groaning in pain. Naomi immediately tried helping him and felt terrible I guess for messing with his arm." He shrugged.

"Interesting." I ate the rest of my slice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.1K 9K 24
(Book II in the NSCM series) Rowena Flores has troubles... and we're not just talking about her lackluster love life. Just when her life is finally g...
110K 23.3K 70
Arc(9)-Arc(14)+Real World+Extra အာဏာရှင်ကုန်းvsနတ်ဘုရားရှို့
358K 15.8K 20
Holly Mackenzie was taking a walk on the beach with her two adorable nieces when one of them discovered what looked like a mermaid on shore. With her...
5.4K 655 13
[FINISHED] There are people who spend their entire lives looking for true love. Some have the pure luck of finding and being able to spend their enti...