Trust (A SPM Story)

By JimmySMASH4daWIN

Luigi finds the worst has happened. He's lost the most important thing in his life, and will do anything to g... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 "Familiar"
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 "Trust"
END OF PART 1
Part 2, Chapter 1
Part 2, Chapter 2
Part 2, Chapter 3
Part 2, Chapter 4
Part 2, Chapter 5 "Dreams"
Part 2, Chapter 6 "Dreams Pt. 2"
Part 2, Chapter 7
Part 2, Chapter 8
Part 2, Chapter 9 "Auld Lang Syne"
Part 2, Chapter 10
Part 2, Chapter 11
Part 2, Chapter 12
Part 2, Chapter 13
Part 2, Chapter 14
Part 2, Chapter 15
Part 2, Chapter 16
Part 2, Chapter 17 "Broken"
Part 2, Chapter 18 "Fixed"
Part 2, Chapter 19 "Epilogue Pt. 1"
Part 2, Chapter 19 "Epilogue Final"
End Credits

Chapter 5

91 7 6
By JimmySMASH4daWIN

Third Person POV

Word traveled fast through all the Kingdoms of the land. Peach made an announcement that there were two people loose. An unstable plumber likely dressed in green, and a psychotic clown. The word spread to be on the lookout, and if they were spotted, to have them turned into her.

She was really concerned for Luigi. She knew that he must be in a lot of pain because he lost his brother, but to do that?? It was unbelievable. He was her friend! "Find them! Bring them to me, but make sure not to cause the Man in Green any harm. Please."

Luigi POV

Dimentio teleported us to who knows where. Looked like a desert. I fell down onto my face while he floated in the air. "Ah, sweet freedom." He chimed. I picked myself up, then looked down at my hands. "I-I can't believe I did that." Dimentio smiled over at me. "Look! I can use my magic again! Ah ha ha ha! This is going to be fun! Now, what's it you need from me?" I looked over at him. "Wait, you mean you're actually sticking with me and helping me?" He smiled and playfully turned himself upside down, tossing a magic projectile around. "Why, of course. You did break me out after all." I smiled. A part of me really did expect him to leave. "Oh, thank you!" I beamed. I ran in for a hug, but he teleported about three feet away. "Whoa, don't push it."

I explained my situation to him, telling him exactly what happened to Mario. 

"So you're telling me that Mario, your brother, was killed by a child. Mario, the man who goes on all these adventures, was killed by a LITERAL CHILD?" I looked down. "Well, the kid was 16. So not really a child." "AH HA HA HA! WOW, I WANNA MEET THIS KID."

I shuddered. I knew Varian felt guilty, but I don't care. That kid took my brother away. He deserves to rot in prison. "Well, can you fix it?" Dimentio shook his head. "It sounds like his soul shattered with that gun. There is nothing in the Dark Prognosticus, or the light Prognosticus for that matter, which could bring him back."

My heart shattered. "W-what?"

So I just did all that for nothing??

Dimentio nodded. "Sorry, but unless you are able to get his soul back, you're....wait." I looked up, hope in my eyes. "What? What is it??" Dimentio began to pace in the air. "I'm not sure yet. The Dark and Light Prognosticus never talk about doing small things like this. All their contents are about global destruction and huge prophecies and stuff. But...." His eyes met mine. "I've heard stories. Stories of a third book, which is neither good or evil. It was made simply for the selfish. People who don't care about good or bad."

I looked over at him. "Do you think that will have the answer??" Dimentio looked down. "Possibly...however, I have no idea where it could be. I've only heard stories of it, and stories I've heard aren't good. They say that it is secured somewhere where it won't fall into the wrong hands. If we are to find it, we would have to only take what we need, as I heard it takes a strong hold of the one who wields it, granting them a large amount of selfish power, more so than the Dark Prognosticus." I nodded. He then gave me a serious look. "You're going to have to make sure I don't touch it. I want nothing to do with it. Based on what I've heard, the last thing we want is for it to fall into the hands of someone like me. I can try to help you find it, if it does exist, and I can try to help you use it, but you can not let me have it." I nodded. "O-okay. So, where do we look?"

Dimentio looked around. "Well, I know that the legend of the Grey Prognosticus originated in the fallen Kingdom of Sarasaland."

I shuddered. I've never been there, but I've heard stories. The economy was struggling greatly, with a young woman on the throne. She reached out to neighboring Kingdoms for help, but when they refused, she had sent her army to attack in a fit of revenge. But, when her army was defeated, her kingdom fell, and she disappeared. Now the place is in ruin. A few people still live there, but they tend to be even edgier than everyone else.

I sighed. "Well, maybe we can go there and see if we can find anything." He nodded. "Alright! Shouldn't be far from here! I'll get us there!" He floated behind me and grabbed my shoulders again, then snapped his fingers, teleporting us away.

I looked around, as we were in a small town. I heard a woman scream as a man ran off with her purse. There were stray animals everywhere and the place was basically falling apart. The air was dusty. Dimentio whispered to me in a low voice. "Okay, try not to draw any attention. People here aren't exactly...the nicest." I nodded, then started walking. "So, what's the plan?" Dimentio shrugged. "Find someone who knows about the legend. See if it's true. Then go from there."

"HEY!" A man's voice called from behind us. We both turned around to see a man staring at us. "You two! You're the unstable plumber and the psycho clown." Dimentio gave a disappointed look.

 "A Psycho Clown? Me? Pffft"

 I stepped back. This wasn't good. The man continued. "The Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom is offering a lot of money for you two." I stepped back some more. "W-we don't want any trouble." Dimentio crossed his arms and smiled. "Wow, that was fast. It's been what, an hour, and they've already got a bounty on our heads?"

The man stepped even closer, and pulled out a lead pipe. "Whoa, whoa, n-no need to get violent," I stuttered, raising my hands and stepping back even faster. Dimentio kept rambling, "And was that seriously how they described me? Psycho Clown? How dull." I looked over and shushed him. He rolled his eyes at me. "Oh, relax. I can teleport, they're not gonna catch us."

Suddenly another man jumped up behind him and yelled, "GOT YOU!" Dimentio started squirming. "Hey, unhand me!" I jumped back in shock, then ran and tried grabbing Dimentio back. Dimentio huffed, "You know, that was perfect timing. It was like you were literally waiting there for me to say that" "DIMENTIO, FOCUS!" I said. He rolled his eyes. "If you want me to focus, then maybe get this lunatic off me!"

I grabbed his foot and started pulling, the man was holding one of his arms. It was like a weird game of tug-a-war. "Give me, him!" I said, pulling as hard as I could. Dimentio chuckled. "Now, now, boys. There's plenty of me to go around." I rolled my eyes. Then, the other man let go, causing me and Dimentio to tumble backwards. "Yes! I WON!" I said, smiling a little. Dimentio fell on top of me. He looked into my eyes, then smirked. "Great, good job. Now let's go." He was about to snap his fingers, when the first man cleared his throat. Dimentio and I, still lying like that, slowly looked up. He was towering over us, holding a lead pipe in one hand, and a weird taser looking thing in the other.

I slowly sat up. Dimentio scurried off of me and stepped back. I cleared my throat. "Listen. We don't want any trouble." I said, slowly standing up, my hands in the air. The man laughed. "Well, then you came to the wrong town." He then turned and jabbed his taser into Dimentio, causing him to drop to his knees and yell out in pain. I quickly gasped. "DIMENTIO!" Then the man swung his lead pipe for my head. I quickly ducked to dodge the attack. "Dimentio?? Are you okay??" Dimentio, clearly in pain, stood up. "Yeah. Fit as a fiddle." He said through his teeth. I grabbed him. "Just teleport us away! NOW!" He nodded, then raised his hand and snapped.

.....

"What?" He said, snapping again. A worried expression spread across my face. "What, what's wrong?? Why aren't we teleporting??" He continued to snap. "I don't know! It must have been that taser. I think it temporarily drained my magic." I groaned, when the man stepped and swung his lead pipe for us again. 

"Forget this, we're running." I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him behind me.

I could hear footsteps behind me, so I knew we were being chased. I was running though the town, Dimentio right behind me. I saw an alleyway, and quickly dove in. "Shhhh." I told Dimentio, placing my hand over his mouth. I could tell he didn't like this, but I didn't care at that moment in time. We listened as the people ran by. I sighed when I could no longer hear their footsteps.

"I think we lost them." I said. Suddenly, Dimentio licked my hand. "Ewww! What was that for?!" I said, shaking my hand in the air. He glared back. "That's what you get for shushing me and putting your nasty hand over my mouth!" I rolled my eyes. "I don't remember you being this annoying!" He laughed. "Well, you and I didn't spend much time together. If you asked Mr. L, he would tell you how annoying I am." Dimentio beamed. I rolled my eyes. "That wasn't meant as a compliment."

I heard more people walk past the alleyway and quickly ducked down again. I looked down, feeling regretful. "....Am I a criminal?" I asked. Dimentio smiled. "No, no. You're just on the run." I closed my eyes. "On the run...." Dimentio elbowed me. "Hey, chin up. It'll be fun." I looked into his mismatched eyes. "No way the people back home are gonna ever trust me after this. But that doesn't matter." I looked away.

"As long as I get Mario back, I'm happy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 142 11
"The pure hearts are close in our grasp.. Lets keep going to find the- ...Dimentio? Are you ok?" "..." . .. ... Dimentio finds himself needing to fin...
6.3K 309 32
bowser tries his best as a father. He may not be the "hero" in his story, but to his kids, he's the "hero," so when his kids go missing its his job t...
344 10 1
TRIGGER WARNING: VIOLENCE!!! ----- Luigi's been keeping a secret. Dimentio. The man in green couldn't help but feel sorry for him, his supposed fri...
206 8 1
(An UNDERTOAD AU!) --- In the story of UNDERTOAD, Mr.L was a fallen human with a SOUL of his own after separating from Luigi against all odds. He was...