More Than Just That

By MhayaRy

Camilla Parker never stutters when she hits strangers.But not when he's a 6'2 hot new devil who just happened... More

Proluge
Dedication
Chapter 1 :Sparks
Chapter 2 : Why Me?
Chapter 3: Waves
Chapter 4: He Noticed
Chapter 5 : Life Saver
Chapter 6 :Jock
Chapter 8: Kiss
Chapter 9 : Playful Kiss
Chapter 10 : Soul Sisters
Chapter 11 : The Truth Gets Out
Chapter 12 : Main Lady
Chapter 13 : Period Troubles
SPECIAL THANKS
Chapter 14 : In Deep Shit
Chapter 15 : The Untangled Web
Chapter 16 : Bring It On
Chapter 17 : Party Crasher
Chapter 18 : Triggered
Chapter 19 : The Breakup Fiasco
Chapter 20 : A Confession?
Chapter 21 : A Proposal
Chapter 22 : Picture Perfect
Chapter 23 : Holiday Affairs
Chapter 24 : Lost Soul
Chapter 25 : Three Bottles Of Poison
Chapter 26 : Secrets
Chapter 27 : Heart burns
Chapter 28 : Limits
Chapter 29 : Blushes and laughter
Chapter 30 : Turn it up
Chapter 31 : Jabel
Chapter 32 : Pity Case
Chapter 33 : Risky
Chapter 34 : Accidents
Chapter 35 : Anonymous Texts
Chapter 36 : Strangers and Stalkers
Chapter 37 : Birthday Blues
Chapter 38 : Touches and Boners
Chapter 39 : Dad Rules
Chapter 40 : Levelled up
Chapter 41 : Druggies And Secrets
Chapter 42 : Wine and Broken Bottles
Chapter 43 : Amendments
Chapter 44 : Acts Out
Chapter 45 : Coupled Up, Finally!
Chapter 46 : Kiss me already!
Chapter 47 : Date Night
Chapter 48 : Mutual Understanding
Chapter 49 : Sweet and Sour
Chapter 50 : Exes and Secrets
Chapter 51 : Reasons To

Chapter 7 :Dating

141 19 4
By MhayaRy

I stared blankly at the board and occasionally at my note book.I should have been paying more attention during the lesson but I spent most of my time dwelling on my worries.
I  busied myself twiddling my pencil and staring at the almost blank pages of my note book.I made a mental note to ask Harry for her notes after.

Harry told me Jessica was planning on asking Jay to be her boyfriend this Friday after school.She'd even planned a double date for the two of them inviting Fahd and Harry.
This couldn't be happening especially since I'd just sunk in I had feelings for a boy and he was been whisked away by another girl the next instant.
Na uh,this wasn't good at all.
If only I could get a date by Friday I could tag along like Harry suggested.You never know,maybe her declaration of love could be sabotaged with me there.

I slammed shut the empty note book and stashed my books in my bag as soon as the bell rang for recess.

I started making a mental list of boys I could possibly ask out during lunch.After considering the pros and cons of asking each one of the out,I settled on Chad.After all,He was one of my close guy friends.

I freshened up in the washroom before Chad came to pick me up on Friday.We arrived at McDonalds in about fifteen minutes.Harry waved to me as soon as we got there.We sat with them and we commenced chatting.
Jay was there already.Urgh! with that Jessica.She was looking flawless as usual in her yellow tiered skirt and white long sleeved cardigan .The place was fillede to the brim with students from other schools and our school.
The lunch almost went by uneventful until  when she had the bright idea to bring  her confession up.

"I've got something to say."Jessica announced.This was almost expected.

"I like you Jake.Will you be my boyfriend?"

I tried to main a neutral expression as my gaze interlocked with Jay's.
Why was she so blunt?I nearly choked on my half eaten burger.
Letting out a cough to ease the congestion in my throat, I felt very sick.

"Are you okay?" Jay and Chad said almost at the same time.

"Thanks." I mumbled taking the tissue Chad held out.

"You know Camilla and burgers.She was just rushing the her food that's all."
Harry teased trying to make light of the situation.

The atmosphere went back into it's normal aura as Jessica looked at Jay expectantly.

Jay averted his  gaze and looked down.I could sense he was un easy.He wanted to say no.He kept mute for some seconds.
"Umm..."he breathed ruffling his hair.

Chad looked up from his phone and signaled he was leaving.

"Sorry guys I've got to bounce."
He explained.

I followed him out to his car.

"I've got to pick my cousin from the airport.He just arrived ."He briefed drawing me in for a hug.

"I'll make it up to you when I'am free okay ?I'll take you where ever."

"Even Mars?"I teased.

"My treat. "He whispered into my left ear.

I nodded as he finally let me go.I could feel Harry,Jay and Fahd looking at us through the transparent McDonalds glass windows.

"He said yes!"screamed Jessica when I resumed my seat with them.I thought I'd let loose and cry but instead I smiled a nice lovely smile.

"Good luck." I whispered to Jessica.

"Thanks." She beamed.
I could feel myself trembling especially my hands as I took my milk shake for a sip.

"I guess it's time to go pretty."Jay
announced pulling Jessica up.I felt like a gaint bucket of vomit when he said that.

"Dude soon? "Fahd asked.

"Yeah .I've to pick Mike from judo." He explained.

I guess Jessica was getting to know his family already huh?He'd started with his brother.

"Sure."Fahd nodded pulling him in a bro hug.

"Are you okay?" whispered Harriet.

"I want to get away from here Harry.I'am so tired of pretending."I sobbed on Harriet's shoulder falling into her arms.

"I didn't know it'd be this tough for you.I shouldn't have invited you.I'am sorry Cami.I've got such an unkind soul."
She said to me then herself.

"But you should have seen the look in his eyes when he saw you flirting with Chad.He looked genuinely hurt almost as if it was what prompted him to say yes to Jessica." She voiced out.

"But I wasn't flirting with Chad." I  defended myself.

"Oh so you mean it is perfectely normal to hug a boy like Chad for that a long time whispering unknown stuff into each other's ears?"She chastened.

I just sobbed harder.Harry was of course making some sense.But if he did truly like me he would have given Jessica a NO.

I had those doubts in my mind coupled with the overwhelming pain and fury that they were now dating.

Fahd dropped us both at the mall where we did some shopping.I almost forgot of my worries.

It's not as if I didn't remember the incident during the weekends because I had to tell Chad on phone he'd said yes.

"I'll take you to Pizza House then..." Chad said as I looked at my blinking phone screen.It was a message from Jay.
I sighed as I swiped it off  my phone screen as Chad's voice trailed of in the phone background.
I didn't  have the heart to open Jay's   message or even mark it as read .I felt so betrayed and lost thinking about him solely.
"Pizza hut it is ." Chad said as I gave him a rushed conclusion .

I went downstairs to help Mum with dinner.Not that I wanted too but because I didn't want to feel all alone .I didn't want to appear lost and troubled like I was already.

The next day day wasn't any better.I was not really in a rush to get to school.I tossed and turned almost half of the night. This was because I was still totally stressed out about Jay's relationship status.I was very stressed out.

I dreaded going to school even more because it meant dealing with the constant rumors that they were dating.Popular as Jay was and persistent as Jessica was the whole school ought to know that they were in a relationship by now.
But if I didn't get my reluctant ass to school, I'd miss some tests,notes or even stand a chance of ruinning my attendance.
Trust me.I wasn't ready to make up for that lost credit by any weary means.My situation was basically hopeless.

I managed to avoid Jay who was mostly with Jessica or hanging out with Fahd and the other Jocks.He had become unbearably close with Fahd now considering the fact that they were training for the interschool  games which was drawing near.
Avoiding Jay was particularly easy since we had the week off the newspaper editorial.
The only  thing which proved fairly difficult was avoiding his gaze.Like I mean how can you say no to those piercing blue eyes and charming smile.
Yes,I had avoided them for sometime but I couldn't avoid them for long could I?

"That boy was never even good enough for you in the first place." Rachel said giving my hand a light squeeze as Harry looked on at the unfolding scene almost hopeless.
"He might just be playing mind games.Don't let it get into your head."Harry consoled as I looked at them grief stricken.

" Harry it's in my head.Like I mean I just realised my feelings for him and he's soon after marked hers.How can't that be in my head."I said solemnly looking down at my  feet which was curled neatly down on my laps.
The tears threatened  to fall out as I unsuccessfully blinked and it came running in stream like flowing tap water.

"That boy spelled trouble from the start." Rachel mumbled to ;I heard it though.
Benji was in one way or the other nosing around as usual and found me lying in a fatal position on my bed cuddling my Mr Tiddles bear.He'd probed until he decided to call Rachel and Harry over to cheer me up.
Well,I eventually became sober as we spent some time watching Problem Child ,giggling over the silly bits and stuffing our faces with balls of popcorn.
My phone flickered to full blare as the ringtone made me go pale.
I took it nervously in my trembling hands and was about to hit the answer button when the phone was yanked away by an unidentifiable wave of energy.

"Don't even think of answering that call." Rachel warned after the phone  landed smoothly on my rug after she'd struck it from my hands.
I looked at her in shock as she rescued the phone from the floor and having successfully put my phone on do not disturb she put some music on.The caller was Jay and she had forbidden me to answer any of his calls.

Soon ,it was the for Rachel and Harry to go home.
"Hey Rach can I have your phone for a moment?" I asked retrieving myself from her warm embrace by our place by the doorway.

"Yeah sure." she said hurriedly fishing it out of her back pocket for me.She stretched it out as I looked at her a grin plastered on my face.Before she could catch a hint of what was going on,I hit her phone from her hands and it fell on the doormat with a thud

"What was that for ?" She asked looking at me in shock.

"My phone had to be avenged" I said mischievously twiddling my fingers  as the three of us burst into uncontrollable laughter.

"See you guys tomorrow." I said as we hugged our final goodbyes.

"Love you both till the end of earth" I whispered as they beamed up at me.Girlfriends are for life .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 116 41
When Jake lifted his chin up, his dark gaze locking on mine, my stomach ignited like someone had set a match to an ember. His eyes burned with equal...
2.7M 72.6K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
3.9K 216 40
When the metaphorical traffic light of Elena's life finally turns green, she's given a thumbs up to go to high school. A year locked away from everyo...
1.5K 79 30
Bella carter is the new girl. It's her senior year. She's not anti social but she's also not outspoken. Bellas unaware of the rules at her new high s...