An Unexpected Favor

By DoctorGiles

Bilbo Baggins didn't expect to have to raise another child other than Frodo, but one night Gandalf came carry... More

An Unexpected Favor
Chapter Two Hobbit Life
Chapter Three Expected Company Unexpected News
Chapter Four Long Expected Party
Chapter Three A Friend
Chapter Four Arrows
Chapter Five Awake
Chapter Six Elrond
Chapter Seven Arwen, Elladan and Elrohir
Chapter Eight Family Dinner
Chapter Nine Training to Begin
Chapter Eleven Frodo POV
Chapter Twelve Lessons and Secrets
Chapter Thirteen Training
Chapter Fourteen Aragorn POV
Chapter Fifteen Aragorn
Chapter Sixteen Aragorn Alone
Chapter Eighteen Legolas POV
Chapter Nineteen Bella POV
Chapter Twenty The Mirkwood King and Prince
Chapter Twenty One Discussion
Chapter Twenty Two Bella POV
Chapter Twenty Three 17 years later
Chapter Twenty Four Hobbits and Black Riders
Chapter Twenty Five Ada
Chapter Twenty Six Apology
Chapter Twenty Seven My Mirkwood Prince
Chapter Twenty Eight The Fellowship of the Ring
Chapter Twenty Nine Leaving Home
Chapter Thirty Elrond POV
Chapter Thirty One Spies
Chapter Thirty Two Snow Avalanche
Chapter Thirty Three Snow and Entrance to the Mines
Chapter Thirty Four The Mines of Moria
Chapter Thirty Five Gandalf's death and Lothlorien
Chapter Thirty Six Elrond
Chapter Thirty Seven The Breaking of the Fellowship

Chapter Ten Elladan POV A Brother's Worry

1.1K 27 0
By DoctorGiles

I finally saw Aragorn leave Farrien's room as I waited. Being a big brother to everyone meant responsibility. I tried to sneak up behind him but he turned his head.
"I know your there Elladan," he said as I sighed and came out.
"Father trained you too well," I sighed as I walked up to him.
"Yes, well, what is it?"
"Farrien is very vulnerable right now, and you've already broken one of my sisters' hearts... please watch yourself," I warned as he raised an eyebrow.
"I've only met her."
"The same could be said about you and Arwen." He frowned.
"I'm not going to start any trouble. Your father asked me to train her. Take it up with him if you're so concerned," he spat as he started to walk away.
"What skill could a human teach an elf better?" He turned to face me.
"Do you forget my birthright Elladan?" I walked closer to him.
"No. Sometimes I think you do," I said. He flared his nostrils and began leaving.
"You forget you're only human amongst elves, little king," I spat. He stopped walking and clenched his fists. Then Farrien walked out of her room, holding her bad shoulder.
"Will you two please stop fighting?" We both looked at her, surprised.
"Did you forget I have elf hearing too? Just because I wasn't raised elf doesn't mean I don't have the skills," she spat.
"Forgive me, my lady. Your brother was just showing concern," Aragorn said, slightly bowing his head and looking at me.
"You're both forgiven but please don't fight over me. It's hard enough figuring out how to be a daughter of Elrond without you two arguing too," she said. I lowered my head.
"Forgive me sister. I am just concerned about you're well being," I said.
"Thank you Elladan. You two better go to bed before father hears about this."
"Goodnight sister," I said as Aragorn bade her goodnight. I waited farther out in the hall this time as I saw him walk by. I stopped in front of him and pointed a finger at him.
"This isn't over." And I left him standing there.
I immediately of course went to father's room. He let me in and was in his nightgown.
"This better be good Elladan," he hissed.
"It is father," I said as I stepped into his room.
"I believe Aragorn and Farrien already have feelings for each other," I announced, as there was genuine shock on his face for a brief moment.
"Hm. Well he did save her life by getting her here in time... maybe you misread it," he said, shrugging it off. I crossed my arms.
"Really? You're not taking this seriously?" I said.
"Elladan, I have bigger problems on my mind than a possible silly crush," he said as he turned to his bed.
"But he already hurt Arwen father, do you want that to happen to Farrien too?" I said. He turned to face me.
"No I don't. I will keep a close eye on them, will that satisfy you?" He sighed. Then I noticed how tired he really looked. Dark shadows were forming under his eyes. I wondered how much healing her really took out on him...
"Yes father. But I have another question," I said. He nodded.
"Did healing her hurt you?" I asked quietly. He closed his eyes and sighed.
"Healing her did take a toll on me, but I needed to save her. Do not worry about it."
"Is that why you asked Aragorn to train her?"
"My reasons are my own Elladan. Please get some rest before dawn comes," he said as I took that moment to leave.
"Goodnight father," I said as he said so as well.
"I hope you know what you're doing," I muttered, not caring if he heard or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 776 35
Y/n travels to the Shire for Bilbo's birthday, but the plan chances when the one ring comes into the story. Y/n. Decides on going with the fellowship...
10.2K 181 42
The Fellowship is now broken as Bella, Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas search for Merry and Pippin while Frodo and Sam continue to Mordor alone. Bella's h...
26.2K 537 25
Y/N Y/L/N is an 19 year old outgoing , funny , smart , pretty girl. She of course loves the lord of the rings and the hobbit movies and books thanks...
3.2K 40 31
Long before Bilbo Baggins left for his adventure, long before the One Ring was found in the depth of the Misty Mountains and before the second war er...