Say You'll Stay | Tom Holland

By booksforme171

It all started with a cookie (Y/n) is taking a trip with her best friend around the United States to celebrat... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Announcements

27

8.4K 186 244
By booksforme171

Your POV

The beach wasn't crowded like it normally was, especially for a Saturday morning. People were scare, giving you, Harry, and Harrison an entire area to yourselves. Your mother got called into work, so it's just the three of you.

It was the perfect weather. You got to lay out on a towel with a book in your hands. Sunglasses were perched up on your nose. The sun was kissing your skin, warming you up. A slight breeze passed by every now and then to cool you off when the warmth started to become too much.

Haz was worried about getting burnt. He put up a beach umbrella and loaded down on the sunscreen. Harry on the other hand was right beside you taking in the sun.

You were reading when Haz coughed a few times. You turned your head to look at him to make sure he was okay. He just gave you a thumbs up with a smile. You turned your attention back to your book, but you could see Harry had left his place from beside you. You started to sit up on your arms when Harry came running up to you drenched in water. He leaned down his head and started to shake his wet hair like a dog.

"Harry!" You sat up fully and used your arms to push him backwards.

He started to laugh at you and ran away. Haz on the other hand came up behind you and lifted you up with ease bridal style. You were kicking and flailing your arms to try and get him to drop you, but he was persistent.

"Let me down. Haz! Let me down now." Haz only smirked at you.

You could see the ocean only being a few feet away from you now. Harry was already in the water laughing at your attempts to get Haz to drop you.

Haz's feet were in the water. Legs. Waist. He was still holding you even though you were now partially wet. You tried to get out of his arms, but he gripped on tighter. Finally his hands let go of your body, but moved to your shoulders to push you under.

You came back up to the surface. Your high bun was now laying on your back falling out of its ponytail. You wiped away at your eyes to get rid of all the excess water.

Haz was stepping back to join Harry where he was standing. You gave them both evil glares and sank back down under the water. The water was foggy, not giving it the best clarity so you were easily hidden from sight. You took off in the direction you remembered where the boys were standing and had your arms reached out. When you felt a leg, you grabbed on. You wrapped both arms around the ankle and swept it up to make the person fall. When you felt the water move around you, you came back up to see who you got.

Haz was swimming as fast as he could in the opposite direction. Harry came back up for air and splashed you.

"That was creepy." He splashed water at your face making you retaliate with splashing water at him.

"Act like a human instead of a dog next time. Your little shake got my book wet."

Harry stopped slashing you and instead shielded his face. He reached out a hand into the air. "Truce. I call truce."

You paused your splashing. "Only if you help me get Haz."

"Deal."

You moved to your left to shake the hand that was still in the air. You looked over at Haz who put a good distance between him and you. He flipped you off, but you just smiled and went under water. Harry followed suit and you both took off to grab Haz.

It took a bit to find him since opening your eyes in salty water wasn't a good idea. It made your eyes turn red and watery. This didn't stop the pursuit though. Haz kept moving so you had to quietly come up for air to see where he moved to. You and Harry were like Whac-a-moles popping up in random locations only to drop again.

Finally Haz was right in front of you. All you had to do was grab his ankle and drag him under. Then you would be even. You lunged forward ready for revenge when someone had pushed you off course. You came up to see Harry making an innocent face at you.

"What was that? I was about to get him."

"Sorry but I can't let you do my mate like that."

"We had a truce man."

Harry defensively put his hands in the air.

The rest of the beach day was spent playing around. Harry and Haz wouldn't let you sit and read or tan anymore. They wanted to swim, attempt to play volleyball, see who could build a better sandcastle. Of course you won which made the boys pretend like they were annoyed. At one point, you even got Harry to let you and Haz cover him with sand so only his head was poking out. You gave him a mermaid body. You drew out the scales and decorated it with seashells. Haz wanted to contribute so he gave Harry some boobs.

Sunday morning you had to drive straight to the airport back where you lived. You didn't have time to go home first or stop to eat breakfast. If you did then they would miss their flight, which you contemplated. It was nice having them here.

You accompanied them inside the airport for as long as you could before you were stopped for not having a ticket.

Haz was the first to wrap you in a hug. When he stepped back, Harry instantly squeezed you tight. He started to whisper in your ear. "Come to London soon okay? I'll buy your ticket if I have to."

You nodded your head that was still pressed against his chest. If you spoke there was a chance you might cry. Everyone was leaving, you were going to be alone.

You stepped back and smiled even though you knew it wasn't meeting your eyes. Your eyes showed they were sad and you could tell from the tears building up.

Haz took one look at you and spun you around. "Don't be sad. We're still going to pester you everyday until you're sick of us."

You chuckled at the thought of Haz and Harry blowing up your phone. Call after call, text after text to get your attention. You knew they would actually do it. "I don't think I could get sick of you two. I like having you guys around."

Harry had astonished eyes and looked at Haz. "I think we've failed our mission this week Harrison. We might've been too soft on the girl. She still thinks we're enough to handle."

"How should we punish such a thought?"

Harry smiled an evil grin at Haz. He ran up to a chair and stood on it. Loudly he proclaimed, "Everybody, if I could have your attention please." Random strangers who were around all stopped what they were doing and turned their focus onto the curly headed boy standing over them. "Today is probably the most special day ever. It is this lovely ladies birthday." Harry pointed at you.

Haz ran up and joined Harry to stand on a chair. "So if you could all sing with us, that would be brilliant."

The two boys loudly and awfully pitchy, started singing happy birthday to you. It was not your birthday.

The random people who were standing around joined in on the song. All the attention was on you. You started to pop your fingers and looked at the ground. You could feel the heat of embarrassment rise up to your cheeks. What made it worse was Harry got out his phone and started to record the whole thing. You tried to block the camera with your hands, but Harry would dodge all your moves. You were left standing there awkwardly waiting for the song to be over.

"Happy birthday mate." Haz kissed the side of your head and squeezed you in a side hug.

"It's not even my birthday." You shoved him off of you.

"Oh we know. It's just easy making your face turn all rosey within a couple of seconds."

Harry ran behind you and put his head on your shoulder. He reached out an arm to put you fully into camera view. "Everyone say happy birthday (y/n)."

"This is live? Oh god." You ducked and got out of view. You turned around to face Harry and flipped him off. He was still recording you the whole time. "Goodbye pests."

You started to walk back to the entrance when two pairs of arms wrapped around you. You were in the middle of a group hug with two of your favorite people. The feeling of being loved and happy overflowed you. You wish there didn't have to be so many goodbyes just because of distance.

Harry was the first to let go. "This has been too much affection for me today."

Now it was Haz's turn to let go. "Goodbye (y/n). Don't be a stranger."

"Wouldn't dream of it." You waved goodbye and watched the two walk away.

When they were no longer seeable, you turned on your feet and walked to your car. You drove back to your apartment, but hesitated to open the door. It was going to look so much different now. You haven't had the time to fully take in the change since the boys were here and you left the same day Andi did.

You opened the door and took the first few steps inside. You walked around and took in the feel of everything. Andi's collection of blankets were gone, there were no more decorations that she loved up on the wall, her pink shoes were not by the door. You walked into her room to see it was completely empty beside the monkey lamp that sat right in the middle. A post-it note was on the lamp shade.

I know we decided that I was going to keep this but I think you deserve it. After all you were the one who found it first at the market. Our first piece of furniture we bought together. - Ads

You took the silly lamp and placed it on the end table beside the couch. That way it could be seen by everyone who came inside.

A loud ding played from your phone breaking you out of your reminiscent thoughts. It was an email from a travel magazine you've sent a piece to. You took Andi's advice and started sending in your work to places outside of South Carolina, and this was the first place to respond back to you. You ran to your laptop and opened up their response.

Dear (y/n),

Thank you so much for taking an interest in writing for our magazine. We regretfully will not be taking your piece, but would love to receive more work from you. You have a talent, but there needs more spark. Our email is always open.

Thank you,
Travel Enthusiasts Magazine.

You have talent, but it needs more spark. What kind of spark? What are you missing?

You shut the laptop closed and grabbed your phone.

You
Can I have a trial run?

Fred
Of course. What made you change your mind?

You
Just thought maybe trying something different might be best for me

Tom's POV

The plane ride home from Olivia's was brutal. I've spent the past week with her and Daniel, but I was also looking for housing. All this traveling back and forth is going to kill me. Moving seems like the easiest fix, even if I have to leave London.

I got to my car and went straight home. I'll see Tessa and the family tomorrow. I promised my mum I would stay at the house for a couple of days even though I only live like five minutes away.

When I pulled up to the house the next day, Haz's car was in the driveway. I walked in expecting to see him, but no one was here. I knew Paddy was gone at a friends, but where was everyone else? Even Tessa was no where to be seen.

I slid open the back door to see my dad was outside. The first person finally shows themselves.

"Hey dad. Where is everyone?"

He turned around. "Hey. I didn't know you would be here so early. Your mum went to go pick up Harry and Harrison. Sam is still upstairs."

"Why did she have to go pick them up?"

"Their plane landed this morning."

Plane? Where did they go?

Instead of this becoming a long interrogation, I went back inside and waited on the couch. I didn't even realize I fell asleep until the front door opened and chatter woke me up.

Mum was the first to walk in with Tessa on a leash. Haz followed behind with Harry. Sam, who must've came down when I was out, got up to go greet them all.

"Hey Tom. Didn't know you would be here." Harry dropped his suitcase by the couch and sat down.

"Yeah. I just got here last night. Where were you?"

Harry scratched his head and avoided looking at me. "Oh um, Haz and I went to go see (y/n)."

(Y/n). Haven't seen her in a while nor has anyone willingly talked about her around me. Always been a weird subject around the house."Oh. How did that go?"

"Good. It was fun. Got to meet Andi for the first time. She's just as she's been described."

Haz plopped down on the other side of me. "Still beautiful and lively. She's acting now. Just moved to L.A. to further her career."

"That's good for her. Bet she'll do great."

Awkward silence filled the air. No one knew if they should continue with this subject or not.

"(Y/n) has a friend who wants her to model." Harry broke the silence. Even if the subject was still on (y/n), it was better than not talking.

But modeling? That doesn't sound like (y/n) at all. She could definitely do it if she wanted to, but it didn't seem like her. Who would she consider a friend that didn't know her well? The only friend I remember (y/n) ever talking about was just Andi. "What friend?"

"His name was uh Finn? Frank? Ford?"

"Fred." Haz answered for Harry who was still trying to figure out the friends name.

Fred? I don't ever remember the name Fred coming up before.

"Said they met on a flight a few years ago." Harry said.

It suddenly clicked. A vague remembrance of a guy when (y/n) came to New York for the first time said it was nice to meet her. She talks to him still? I thought that was a meeting someone you'll never see again type deal.

"Is she going to do it?"

"No clue. She didn't seem like she was going to." Harry got up and grabbed his bag. "I'm going to go unpack."

"And I better head home. Have a few things I need to do." Haz grabbed his things and said bye to everyone before leaving.

I didn't move from my position. Thoughts of (y/n) having new friends and the possibility of modeling felt weird. She was more than able to do whether she wanted, just felt weird I didn't know about it. I remember the time when anything would happen she would text or call me. Even if it was just a cute animal she saw while driving, I would know about it.

Sounds of singing pulled me from my thoughts. Sam was on his phone watching something. He was laughing and looked up at me to see my confused face.

"Have you seen Harry's old live?" He asked me.

"No. Why? What is it?"

"Here." Sam gave me his phone and I restarted the live that was posted hours ago.

(Y/n) was beet red. She was trying to hide from the camera but it wasn't working. People were singing happy birthday, which confused me. Her birthday isn't until January. When the song finished, I could see Haz kiss the side of (y/n)'s head. I could feel myslef starting to get annoyed at his affection, but I had to remind myself she wasn't mine anymore. The view moved to see her and Harry both looking at the camera. She moved out, but it was soon back on her flipping Harry off. That's where the live ended.

I handed Sam his phone back. Memories flooded my brain of when it was just me and her. Doing stupid things to make her laugh or annoyed. It was funny to annoy her because she gives the best reactions, but making her laugh was something else. Her laugh could make me fall in love with her over and over again.

I need to stop thinking these things. I'm still blocked and have had zero communication with her. It's over. I broke up with her. It's time for me to move on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 629 159
This is a story about you (y/n) and Tom Holland. You and your best friend (Kristen) went to Comic-Con in LA for the first time and you were so excite...
55.4K 928 37
Previously called: am I meant to know you? **Strong language Completed !!
3.4K 137 43
You are in university, and a handsome young English teacher arrives. What happens when they start feeling things for each other?