serendipity - r. lupin

By chlorinestoken

༄*: in which genevieve lewis is completely oblivious to one of her best friends feelings towards her. ༉‧₊ ... More

𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐒
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGTHY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR

TWENTY EIGHT

10.4K 385 383
By chlorinestoken

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"I feel like we've been through this before," Lily spoke in amusement as she watched a panting Genevieve attempt to lug her mess of a suitcase behind her.

"Thats because we have," Gen stopped to give herself a break, red in the face and her fingers feeling numb from gripping her belongings so tightly. "Every year. Every single year you've watched me put myself through this torture yet you never help me."

"Maybe I would help if you actually prepared your stuff the night before," Lily countered in a stern voice, hands on hips and raised eyebrows.

Genevieve took in Lily's stance, a small smirk before letting out a sharp whistle. "Oh how I do fear for your future child," she chuckled more to herself.

"Why?" Lily asked.

"Because you," she tapped Lily on the nose. "Are one scary woman."

"No I'm not-"

"Furthermore," Genevieve interrupted as they carried on down the trains isle. "If the father of your child is James, which it probably will be-"

"Don't even think about ending that sentence," Lily warned her, emerald eyes glowering with annoyance.

Genevieve raised her hands in surrender. "I won't. Not thinking it. Consider me... thinkless," she quickly apologized to avoid a smack around the head.

"Thinkless isn't a word."

"It's called creativity, carrot top."

Scanning the doors of the compartments near the back of train, here eyes finally landed on the one that The Marauders had claimed their own during first year.

"If James is the father of your future child I fear even more for it," Gen quickly stammered out, yanking the door open and tossing herself into it before Lily could so much as raise her wand.

As soon as she shut the compartment door behind her, she was automatically met with three sets of confused eyes. James's hazel ones were too busy following Lily's fuming figure from behind the glass of the compartment.

"Is she gone?" Genevieve ask them all.

"Evans?"

Gen nodded fearfully.

"Unfortunately," James sighed, slouching in his torn up compartment seat once any trances of bright red hair were out of view.

"Why did she look so angry?" Peter asked for them all, mouth full already.

"We were talking about her future children with James," she told them all while hauling her trunk onto the racks above.

"Really?!" James nearly fell out of his seat, his face erupting into the largest grin she had seen on him other than when he became Gryffindors chaser during first year.

Genevieve snickered as she replayed the look of fury on Lily's face. "Really."

"I take it she was rather put off by the thought," Remus peered up from over the top of his book, eyebrow raised.

"Considering she didn't chase me down like usual, I would say she's warming up to the idea."

James pumped a victorious hand into the air, a string of whoops being released from him.

"Calm down James!" Genevieve shouted over his excitement, placing her hands on his shoulders in order to stop him from bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"Right," James nodded and sat himself back down. "Calm.".

"Now that lover boy has settled down, whats everyone's plans for summer?" Sirius asked them all, cracking open the trains window and standing up to light a cigarette next to hit.

"Sleep, eat and breath. Maybe meet up with you guys," Peter started as he fished out all of the good flavors from a packet of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. Only Genevieve realized what he was doing, as every time he would pick one out he would observe deeply before either popping it in his mouth or tossing it back into the bag.

"You already know that we'll drag you out with us anyway," Genevieve whacked his arm playfully.

Sirius took a large drag of cigarette before puffing it out the window in the shape of a cloudy circle. "Seeing as I'm living with The Potters now, I can officially say I've not a clue. From now on it's a new day, new mystery," he whimsically answered, inhaling once more.

"How poetic of you," Remus chuckled, gesturing for a cigarette.

Sirius gladly passed one to him along with a lighter. "What about you then, Moons?"

Remus shrugged casually, standing up so he was facing the window and lighting the end of his cigarette until it glowed red. "I'm not too sure. Mums getting a bit ill but she won't admit it."

Genevieve smiled up at him, placing a hand reassuringly on his arm.

"I'm at quidditch camp for a week," James bragged.

"What the hell is quidditch camp?" Peter scrunched up his nose.

"Camp...for quidditch? It's in the name Wormtail," Sirius smirked and shook his head, ashing off the last of his cigarette before tossing it out the window.

"Isn't it a bit boring though?" Remus asked, flicking his own cigarette out the window.

Genevieve, Sirius and James gawked at Remus, his words tingling their ears repeatedly. Remus suddenly felt quite scared when he saw James's features turn into something sinister.

"Boring?" Sirius repeated. "Are you off your rockers?"

"You will die," James spoke calmly.

He lunged straight for Remus, arms out ready to grab him. Remus was able to dodge him without much effort. It seemed that sometimes his werewolf side was useful after all. Genevieve managed to grasp the back of James's collar and drag him back into his seat, leaving him both red in the face and panting.

"What on earth have you eaten this morning to be so full of serotonin?" Genevieve questioned him, although James was too busy glaring at Remus rather than listening to her.

"I think that's just normal James," Remus eyed the said boy wearily.

Peter hummed in agreement before handing his packet of Every Flavor Beans to Sirius, "You can have them, I feel sick because of the train."

Genevieve bit back a smile as she watched Sirius gladly accept the sweets. "I dare you to eat them all at once," she challenged him, glancing at the packet then back up at Sirius.

Peter raised his hand to his face, seemingly resting his hand on his cheek when he was actually attempting to stifle his laughter behind it.

"Why would I do that?" Sirius scoffed, rolling his eyes at her.

"For 3 Galleons you would," Gen bargained, sending a quick wink towards Peter when Sirius wasn't looking.

"7 Galleons."

"4."

"5."

Sirius eyed her up before stretching out his hand, "Deal."

Genevieve gladly accepted his hand, firmly shaking it before sitting back and getting ready to enjoy the show.

Sirius straightened the packet out before bringing the corner of it to his mouth, tipping his head back while bringing the packet gradually forward. He chewed slowly, seeming fine at first before his face twisted into a strained grimace.

"How does it taste?" James asked, his nose scrunching up from just watching.

Sirius looked at James with tears in his eyes, his lip quivering while chewing still. "Death, Prongs. It tastes like death."

Genevieve pulled the cardigan her mother had knitted over her mouth to hide the wide smile that had crawled on her face, while Peter had no shame in wearing his.

"There's not a hint cherry or lemon drop. All I can taste is vomit and pepper," he informed them all in disgust. He swallowed it all down at once, his eyes squeezed tightly shut as he tried his best not to be sick. He coughed behind his hand couple of times, took a deep breath and held it until the churning in his stomach stopped and then breathed out.

James started the applause, his hands clapping together quickly like a proud mother would after they saw their childs first nativity. The rest of them soon followed on, boosting Sirius's ego a little more.

"Pay up, Genny," Sirius grinned as he ducked down for a bow, holding out his hand expectantly.

Genevieve fished through her pockets, keeping up her end of the bargain. She placed five Galleons into his hand, rolling her eyes when he gave her a quick wink.

Sirius sat back down, staring at the money in his hand with adoration before his eyes suddenly went wide, his neck craning forward a little before he slowly turned his head to look at Peter. "You," he pointed at him.

Peter gulped. "Me?"

Genevieve once again brought her cardigan to her face to hide her smile.

"You gave me all the bad ones, didn't you?" Sirius quizzed, inching more towards Peter intimidatingly.

Peter looked like he was preparing himself for death, his cheeks paling as his bottom lip hung open slightly. "Genevieve knew as well!" he blurted out.

Genevieve instinctively hid herself behind Remus's back, mumbling underneath her breath, "traitor."

"I'm not bothered about her, she gave me 5 Galleons.You," he jabbed a finger Peters chest. "Betrayed me."

Genevieve poked her head out from behind Remus, watching as Peter inched even further into the corner of the compartment, his shoulders scrunching up.

"Can't we talk this out?" Was the last thing Peter squeaked out before being pounced on top of.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"I'll miss you both," Bradley spoke into the hug of three, hugging both Gen and Toby a little tighter.

"You'll see me nearly everyday, so there's no point in missing me," Toby corrected his friend.

Genevieve raised a surprised eyebrow, pulling away from the embrace. "Everyday?"

"Yep. We're going on holiday together," Bradley smiled over at Toby.

"Bradley and Toby are officially taking over the planet," Toby announced, tightening an invisible tie as if he was a presenter.

"Sounds like a TV show," Genevieve giggled.

"Only the best TV show ever," Bradley grinned before pulling her into another hug once again, rocking them both slightly. "You better owl me."

"Of course I will," Gen smiled.

"I've only properly known you for less than a year and I'm already so attached."

She could tell Bradley was getting emotional now, sending a scared look from over his shoulder towards Toby. She pulled away from him before he manage to whisk her away with all together.

"Trust me, I could say the same thing. For both of you, that is," Genevieve flicked a finger between both of the boys.

"I'm still mad at you for throwing that book at my eye," Toby nudged her.

"You'll get over it one day," Gen laughed.

"We'll see you around, m'lady!" Bradley saluted at her with one hand, his other already dragging Toby through the crowd to find their families.

"You too, good sir!" Gen shouted back, making her way back towards her original group of friends.

A little over she managed to spot locks of red hair. She squinted her eyes in a way that made her seem crazy to ongoing people, but by doing this she was able to distinguish Lily. She was about to go over until she saw Petunia standing their, looking as freakishly like a horse as possible with her long neck and tightly pinned-up hair.

Lily caught her eye before they walked through the brick wall leading to Kings Cross Station, and even though Gen was certain that she had just been made fun of in some way by her sister she still managed to smile as brightly as ever and give a quick wave goodbye.

"Look whose came to join us again," James huffed once she was standing back next to him.

"I can have other friends, James."

"Yeah, but are they as cool as use?" Sirius insisted.

"Like ice," Gen claimed.

"Just shut up and give me a hug, smartass," Sirius rolled his eyes, forcefully bringing her into an embrace.

"This is a very one sided hug," she mumbled into his chest, her voice muffled from his t-shirt.

"Be grateful you're getting anything," Sirius retorted, pulling away from her and ruffling her hair.

Before Genevieve could do the same thing, she had already been swooped off her feet and tossed over James's shoulder just like he had done every year.

"Put me down," Gen screamed from behind him as they spun in circles, pounding on his back while alerting the families around them.

"But it's not a proper goodbye if I don't do this," James shouted back, his own head becoming dizzy.

"Put me down," she repeated more sternly, making him gladly oblige.

"I hate you," Gen told him once they were face to face, him only being a bit taller than her.

"You love me," James countered, using his shoulder to push up his glasses.

"I do," Genevieve nodded sadly even though a smile was showing.

"James, Sirius!" Euphemia called from a far, her arm linked with her husband Fleamonts.

"Right, we should go," James nodded, bringing Remus and Peter in for one hug.

"See you soon, Gingy."

"What do you mean?" Genevieve asked.

"You'll see," Both James and Sirius said at the same time, both grinning manically at each other as they walked towards their parents with a slight skip in their step.

"Can I have a hug?" Peter asked Gen, his arms already opened expectantly.

"Do you even have to ask?" she obliged, bringing him into her grasp and squeezing him so tightly it nearly took the air out of him.

Peter pulled away, smiling at both her and Remus, "See you guys."

They both watched as he walked away towards Miss Pettigrew, a bag of crisps already being handed to him by her. Much like her son, she always had food on her.

"Saving the best till last?" Remus jested, his head cocking sideways as a smile etched onto his face.

"You could say that," Genevieve laughed as she wrapped her arms around his torso, her head resting in his chest.

She had no idea how people could be good at giving hugs, but Remus just was. One look at him and you would be able to tell that he gives the warmest, most loving, tender hugs.

Remus hoped that she couldn't hear his heartbeat right now, as he could hear it beating in his own ears and he could feel it in his temples. A vibrant pink dusted his cheeks, so he hid it by placing his head on hers, her hair tickling his neck slightly.

"Gen!"

Genevieve detached herself from Remus, looking over her shoulder to see who the caller of her name was.

Weaving her way through the crowd, Anna Lewis was running to her big sister with the biggest smile possible painted on her freckled face, her almost white hair flowing behind her animatedly.

"Catch me!" She shrieked, jumping straight up and throwing herself at her sister.

Genevieve, not quite preparing herself in time, fell to the ground as soon as Anna collided with her. She landed right in front of Remus's feet, both him and Anna peering down at her humorously.

"I did tell you to catch me," Anna cross-examined, her arms folded over as she smirked triumphantly.

It took everything in Gen not to hit her sister in front of all the people around them. Of course she wasn't an abusive sister, but if Anna had said that to her at home then world war three would have broke out in their living room.

"I heard," Gen grumbled, accepting Remus's hand when he reached down to help her up.

"Hi Remus!" Anna waved, completely forgetting her sister was there as she quickly found new interest.

"Hi," Remus smiled, giving a short wave back.

"Have you got any chocolate on you?" Anna jumped straight to the question she had been waiting to ask since she saw him. "Mum wouldn't get me any on the train."

"He's not a chocolate dealer, An. Plus you can't beg-"

But Remus being the generous person he was had already fished out an unopened bar of chocolate from his pocket and passed it to the obediently waiting girl.

"Thanks," Anna took it from his offering hands, her eyes lighting up instantly.

"Now that you've harassed my friends for their chocolate, where's Mum and Dad?" Genevieve asked, sending Remus a pointed look to which he just shrugged sheepishly.

"Over there," Anna pointed into the busy crowd, not really helping Gen determine where they were at all.

Anna grabbed her sisters hand tightly when she saw the confused look on her face, dragging her into the direction she last saw her parents. "Come on, I'll take you to them!"

Genevieve turned to look over her shoulder, sending a last smile towards Remus. "Goodbye, Rem!" She yelled to him.

Remus had shouted something back, but the sound of babies crying, siblings arguing and parents chatting within the crowd of people drowned out whatever he had said just like water did whenever she went underwater while in the sea.

"Look whose here!" Anna called over to who Genevieve quickly made out to be Mary and Thomas Lewis.

"Can we send her back already?" Thomas teased, although a bright smile etched onto his face at the sight of his eldest daughter.

"Come off it, Thomas," Mary scolded her husband, whacking his arm before turning back to Gen. "We've missed you, dear!" She smiled brightly, cupping her daughters face softly and planting a kiss on each cheek.

"Well, your mother has. Not so much me," Thomas inputted, making a giggle erupt from Anna.

"Thomas," Mary turned back to him, eyes glowering at him playfully.

"Am I not allowed to make jokes now?" Thomas asked.

"No. What you are allowed to do though is carry Genevieve's belongings," Mary grinned, passing over the trunk and few bags that Gen had packed the night before.

Thomas looked at both Genevieve and Anna when his wife wasn't looking, muttering to them lowly, "Never get married, kids. You say a couple vows and then they think they can boss you around for the rest of your life."

"I may not be looking, Tom, but I still have ears. Either get a divorce or get moving," Mary declared, hand on his back as she pushed him forward to start walking.

"You heard your mother, kids. Get walking," Thomas told his children, dragging along Genevieve's stuff like he had been told to do.

"I was talking to you, Thomas," Mary sent him a pointed look.

Thomas looked back at his children, rolling his eyes. "Marriage."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

a/n: did i reread this? no. should i reread this? yes, but i'm lazy.

have a nice day <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 45.8K 47
In which Josie Longbottom falls for her best friend. started 13.02.20 finished 19.04.20
21.4K 598 28
Florence has never had so much trouble going unnoticed. ★彡---------------------------- No update schedule, this is just for fun!
1K 11 10
-𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞
66.6K 3.4K 25
❝ SHE DATES PEOPLE TO GIVE THEM EXPERIENCE? ❞ ❝ SHE'S RICH, PRONGS. DON'T QUESTION HER BUSINESS CONCEPT. ❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ༊*·˚ 💰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫...