It Only Gets Stranger *ST X R...

By kiahcl2007

Y/n L/n was experiment number 10. You escaped the lab when you were eleven. After walking a few miles, you pa... More

The Vanishing of Will Byers Part One
The Vanishing of Will Byers Part Two
The Weirdo on Maple Street Part One
The Weirdo on Maple Street Part Two
Holly Jolly Part One
Holly Jolly Part Two
The Body Part One
The Body Part Two
The Body Part Three
The Flea and The Acrobat Part One
The Flea and The Acrobat Part Two
The Flea and the Acrobat Part Three
The Flea and The Acrobat Part Four
The Monster Part Two
The Monster Part Three
The Bathtub Part One
The Bathtub Part Two
The Bathtub Part Three
The Bathtub Part Four
The Bathtub Part Five
The Upside Down Part One
The Upside Down Part Two
The Upside Down Part Three
The Upside Down Part Four
A/n
A/n

The Monster Part One

468 14 6
By kiahcl2007

Third Person POV, Nancy and Jonathan in the woods

"Nancy! Nancy, where are you!?" Jonathan shouts walking around uneasily in the woods.

"Jonathan!" Nancy screams, running from that.....creature. "Jonathan, I'm here!" Her voice echoes back to her as she continues to search for a way out.

"Jonathan, I'm right here!"

"Nancy, in right here!"

Nancy walks past another tree, and looks to her left. There is the monster from earlier, the one that was eating the deer.

Jonathan hears Nancy's scream, and rushes in the direction he thinks it came from. He comes to a stop in front of a tree with a hole in it at the base of the trunk, covered in grayish bluish orangish kinda gunk.

Nancy spins around behind a tree, and closes her eyes, hoping that the monster won't find her. She has a life to live, she has a boyfriend, she has a family to care for.

Jonathan drops his and Nancy's bags, and crouches down to look at the gunk.

Nancy's lip trembles as the monster walks past the tree she is hiding behind.

Jonathan leans towards the gunk, shining his flashlight inside.

"Nancy?" Jonathan says into the tree.

Nancy's head swivels towards the tree where Jonathan's voice is coming from. The monster screeches behind her.

Jonathan leans closer towards the hole, when all of a sudden a hand shoots out.

"Jonathan!" Nancy cries, trying to fight her way out of the goo.

Jonathan grabs her hand and pulls her through and then holds her as she starts crying.

Still Third Person POV, The Wheeler household

Steve climbs up onto the roof, looking through Nancy's window to see her and Jonathan, sitting on her bed. Jonathan outs a sweater around her shoulders as Steve looks on, confused, angry, and hurt.

Nancy walked into the shower, and as she allows the warm water to soak into her body, all the memories of what happened tonight in the woods come flooding back.

Nancy walks back into her room, quietly shutting the door.

Jonathan is on the floor, spreading one of Nancy's floral comforters out. "Better?" He asks her.

"Yeah." Nancy answers quietly.

"Is this okay? I can go home...?" Jonathan says, getting up.

"Yeah, no, I....I don't wanna be alone." Nancy replies. "Do you?"

"No. No."

Nancy nods, and walks over to her bed. She pulls the blanket down and climbs in, as Jonathan does the same on the floor.

Nancy lays there for a second, and then she turns her head.

"Can you just come up here?" She finally says.

"Yeah." Jonathan says, almost inaudibly.

He gets out of his makeshift pallet and slides into the bed.

"You want the lights off or on?" Jonathan whispers.

Nancy just sits there.

"It can't get us in here."

"We don't know that."

Jonathan turns to his side, so he's facing Nancy.

The next morning, still Third Person POV, Wheeler house still, the basement.

Mike is sitting on the couch, fidgeting with something. He looks to his left to see El's empty blanket fort, just sitting there.

He looks at the door behind it, hoping that he'll see El's silhouette appearing against blinds, but he was disappointed to see no such thing appear.

He gets up and pushes one of the chairs over, and starts kicking everything in that general area.

Jonathan wakes up in Nancy's room, with the girl herself sitting on the bed, doing something.

Jonathan sits up. "Oh, hey." He says groggily.

"Hey." Nancy barely looks up from what she is doing.

"Get any sleep?"

Nancy shakes her head. "Every time I close my eyes, I just keep seeing that.....thing. Wherever I was, that place, I think that...it lives there. It was feeding there. Feeding on that deer. It means that if Will, and Barbara...." Nancy trails off.

"Hey," Jonathan leans forward. "My mom said she talked to Will. If he's alive, then there's a chance Barbara is too."

"That means that she's trapped!" (Goodness woman, make up your mind! Do you want her to be trapped, or dead? Also, who gunna tell them?) "In that....place." Jonathan pauses, taking in Nancy's words. "We have to find it again."

"You want to go back out there?"

"Maybe we don't have to. When I saw it, it was feeding on that deer, meaning that it's a predator, right?" Jonathan shrugs his shoulders, not following what Nancy was saying.

"Right." He says anyways.

"And it seems to hunt at night, like a..a lion or a coyote. But it doesn't hunt in packs like them. It's...always alone, like....like a bear. And, remember at Steve's, when Barb cut herself? And then, last night, with the deer?"

"It was bleeding too."

"Sharks can detect blood, just one drop of blood, and they can smell it from a quarter mile away."

"You're saying it can detect blood."

"It's just a theory." Nancy looks up at Jonathan.

"We could...test it."

Nancy nods.

"And, if it works...." Jonathan trails off.

"At least we'll know it's coming." Nancy finishes.

The door knob rattles, scaring both the teenagers.

"Honey, are you up?" Karen's voice comes from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, I'm, I'm getting dressed."

"Well, I made pancakes."

"I'll be down in a second."

Nancy and Jonathan look down to see their own hands intertwined. They quickly release each other.

"Your mom doesn't knock?" Jonathan asks with a half smile.

Nancy snickers softly.

Y/n POV, finally.

Me and Dustin bike down the road together, and then we turn into Mike's driveway.

We're sitting in his basement now, listening to him rant.

"I just can't believe she didn't come back."

"Well she's gotta be close." Dustin suggests.

"She said it wasn't safe. She just messed with the compasses because she wanted to protect us. She didn't betray us!"

"Mike, calm down."

"I shouldn't have yelled at her. I never should've done that."

"You really shouldn't have." I jump in. Dustin glares at me while Mike looks up.

"I know, and now I feel awful about it."

"Mike, it wasn't your fault." Dustin keeps trying to make Mike feel better about the whole situation.

"Yeah, it's Lucas's."

I'm sorry, what?

"It's not his fault, either." I add in yet again.

"It wasn't his fault?"

"No." Dustin takes my side in this.

"So you're saying he wasn't way out of line?"

"Totally, but so were you!"

I thought we were supposed to be calming him down, not riling him up. I say in Dustin's head.

Shut up, I'm trying to fix this.

He waves me off.

"What?!"

"And so was Eleven." Dustin glances at me as if he knows he was treading on thin ice.

"Oh give me a break."

"No, Mike, you give me a break." Dustin walks towards Mike. "All three of you were being a bunch of little a**holes. Me and Y/n were the ONLY reasonable ones. But the bottom line is, you pushed first."

"And you know the rules." I get up from my comfortable perch on the couch to stand by Dustin. "You draw first blood..."

"No! No way, I'm not shaking his hand!"

"You're shaking his hand!" (Aw, look at little Dustybun, taking after Mama Steve, sorry, back to the story)

"No I'm not!"

"This isn't a discussion, this is rule of law, obey, or be banished from the party. Do you want to be banished?" Dustin asks Mike.

"No." Mike says in an "obviously not, you should've been able to tell that" Kinda tone.

"Good." Dustin turns and picks up his jacket, as I walk over to grab my f/c one.

"Where are we going?" Mike states at us as we put our coats on.

"Where do you think?" Dustin says, pulling his arm through the sleeve.

"We're going to get Lucas." I throw his jacket at his head.

"And then..." Dustin tosses Mike his bag and waits for me to finish his sentence.

"We're going to find El."

So, imma leave it here for now. Not me watching the episode as I write this chapter. Anyways, I hope y'all have a great Easter, and I'll see y'all next week. If you got any feedback or anything on this chapter or just the book in particular, that would be great.
Later ya Flayed Demodogs,
K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

522K 16K 62
β‡’ Temporary!Will Byers x Fem!Reader* β‡’eventual El Hopper x Reader [Book 2/5] β‡  As always, you the reader are apart of Stranger Things. It h...
3.3K 61 24
When their friend goes missing one day, Mike, Melly, Dustin, and Lucas get worried. They go searching for him even after explicitly being told not to...
178K 5.7K 41
qο½₯: β–π“π„π€πŒ Will Byers and Mike Wheeler were practically inseparable. They had been best friends for nearly a decade and planned to remain that way...
27.2K 474 39
Hawkins, Indiana. A quiet town where nothing happens. But with the disappearance of a boy named Will Byers also gives us the appearance of someone ne...