Kaleidoscope. (Tony Stark Fan...

By Marvel_Fan1512

⚠️D.I.S.C.L.A.I.M.E.R⚠️ I don't own any of the marvel characters or the majority of the story line. However... More

Leah Charlotte Harper
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
A/n
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A/N
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Leah's dress she picked.
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 59

722 23 14
By Marvel_Fan1512

*you are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice*

*Leah's Pov*

"The secretary of State," Vision answered. Oh shit. That's all I could think of. I haven't even spoke to Tony about the situation, I haven't even asked how his production went at M.I.T. I feel so bad.

"It will be fine," Steve said, noticing my blank face staring out the door. He gestured for me to follow him, which I did and we headed inside the briefing room.

It was just me and Steve at first; and then Tony, Rhodey, Natasha, Sam, Wanda, Pietro and Vision walked in all together. Tony looked at me with an apologetic look, and then as he walked past he rubbed my shoulder and sent me a sympathetic smile. He knew. The whole world knew, what was I expecting.

After a few muffled conversations, the Secretary of State walked in: Thaddeus Ross. I hate him, he is just one of those people, right?

I wasn't really listening to him at first, because he was stood at the front of the table. the first row of seats were Rhodey, Vision, Natasha then Steve. The row opposite them was, Wanda, Pietro, Me, then Sam; he spoke about him having a heart attack or something to do with golf.

"The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives...... but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some.....who would prefer the world, vigilantes."

"And what word would you use, Mr Secretary?" Nat asked.

"How about dangerous?" I scoffed at Ross's response. "What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" I scoffed again as he finished speaking for a moment and he glared at me.

Ross activates a screen behind him and news footage of: Chitauri Levathians, terrified citizens and the Hulk smashing into a building who causes a camera to break.

"New York."

I see Natasha and Rhodey share some regretful glances.

Then Ross swipes the screen to now show: Three insight Helicarriers firing on eachother, a destroyed Triskelion and a massive wave engulfing pedestrians.

"Washington DC."

I notice Sam look down in shame. I remember that mission with Steve and Sam like it was yesterday. We saved millions, so out of the people who may of got injured, shouldn't they think about the millions of people we actually saved?

He swipes the screen again to show: Terrified people running, a city flying and a building crashing down.

"Sokovia."

I see Pietro place a comforted hand on Wanda's and I notice Tony look up and then when he sees the building fall, he shakes his head and looks back down at his hands.

Ross swipes the screen another time to now show: .....a burning building, paramedics moving a body....and a dead girl right infront of the camera.....

"Lagos."

The word he spoke out particularly affected me aswell as the video footage affecting me the same. I think Steve notices my face drop and turn away from the screen.

"Okay that's enough," he intervened seriously. I sent him a grateful smile to show my appreciation.

Secretary Ross nods and the image disappears.

"For the past four years, you've operated the unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the government's of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution."

He places a thick book on the table and he slides it over to Wanda who then passes it to Rhodey. It then goes to Natasha, then Natasha passes it over to me. I take a quick look at it before moving it onto Pietro next to me.

"The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries....it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organisation. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary," Ross explains.

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that," Steve interrupts.

"Tell me, Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?"

Steve looks down and before Ross could say anything, I decide to be a smart ass. My time to shine!

"I have an answer Mr Secretary."

Everyone looked at me, and that definitely brought Ross's attention.

"Go ahead."

"Well, Thor doesn't live on Earth, nor does he live near us, whatsoever. He has his own kingdom, Asguard, to look after and protect, as well as 9 other realms. Secondly, Bruce Banner didn't become the hulk for 2 years until S.H.I.E.L.D introduced him to a stressful atmosphere. Thirdly, he is an adult. Dr Banner is more than capable of looking after himself. He doesn't need a babysitter. Does that answer your question, Mr Secretary?"

Everyone looked at me in shock, but small smirks spread on their faces, and Tony just sat back with his arms crossed trying to hide his smile as much as possible.

"Talk it out," was all Ross could say....I won.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha asks.
"Then you retire," Ross replied. Natasha looked down and stifles a smile.

Ross then walks out.

* * *

"Secretary Ross has a congressional medal of honor, which is one more than you have," Rhodey scoffs at Sam.

"Yeah, well has Mr Secretary saved the world multiple times?" I but it, as I stand next to Sam, arguing with Rhodey and Pietro.

"That doesn't change the fact he is the Secretary, Leah," Pietro defended Rhodey.

"So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam spoke up.

"A 117 countries want to sighn this. 117, and you two are just like, no that's cool. We got it," Rhodey laughs in disbelief.
"Dont forget the 95 that doesn't," I rolled my eyes, obviously joking.

"I have an equation," Vision stated.
"Oh, this will clear it up," Sam sneered. People ignored Sam's comment, and I walked over to sit next to Natasha.

"In the eight years since Mr Stark announced himself as iron man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world ending events has risen at a commensurate rate," Vision explained.

"Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve said, looking up from the Accords then looking back down to turn a page.

"I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge indicates conflict. And conflict....breeds catastrophe. Oversight, oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand."

"Boom," Rhodey exclaimed.
Tony is slouched on a couch with his hand over his face.
"Tony, you are being uncharacteristically non-hyper-verbal," Natasha spoke up which made Tony look up.
"Its because he has already made up his mind," Steve said with no emotion at all.

"Boy you know me so well," Tony said, wincing as he gets up and rubbing the back of his head.
"Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache." He walks to the kitchen and grabs a mug. "Thats what's going on, Cap. It's just pain. It's discomfort."

"Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" Tony snarled.
"Tony..." I muttered so he would calm down a bit. He looked at me and just sighed.

He then puts his phone in a fruit basket and taps it. The phone project's and image of a smiling young man. Tony looks away then looks back at the picture, and pretends to notice it for the first time.

"Oh, that's Charles Spencer by the way. He's a great kid. He wanted to put a few miles on his soul, see the world before he parked behind a desk. Charlie didn't go to any nice countries like I would of done. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where, Sokovia."

I looked down, knowing something must of happened back at M.I.T and I should've spoken to him, but I was stuck sulking in my room.

"He wanted to make a difference. I mean we won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass," he says sarcastically and takes a pull before drinking his coffee.
"There is no decision making process here. We need to be put in check! Whatever form that takes, I'm game. If we can't accept limitations, if we're boundary-less, we are no better than the bad guys," Tony finishes.

"Tony, if someone dies on your watch, you don't give up," Steve said.
"Who said we were giving up," Tony asked.

"We are if we're not taking responsibility for our actions. This document just shifts the blame," Steve answered.

"I'm sorry. Steve. That is dangerously arrogant," Rhodey said rolling his eyes.

"This is the United Nations we are talking about. Its not the World Security Council, its not S.H.I.E.L.D, its not H.Y.D.R.A," Pietro defended Rhodey and Tony.

"No, but it's run by people with agendas, and agendas change," I spoke up, sitting forward in my seat. A lot of heads turned to me when I said that....

"Thats good. Thats why I'm here. When I realised what my weapons were capable of in the wrong hands, I shut it down and stop manufacturing," Tony said, sitting on the arm of the sofa next to me.

"Tony, you chose to do that. If we sign this we surrender our right to choose. What if this panel sends us somewhere we dont think we should go?" I said looking back at him, and he looked away not making eye contact with me. He is mad that I'm not on his side for once.

"What if there is somewhere we need to go, and they don't let us? We may not be perfect, but our safest hands are still our own," Steve said, shutting the Accords and placing it on his knee.

"If we don't do this now, it's gonna be done to us later. That's the fact. That won't be pretty," Tony said standing up and walking next to Rhodey infront of me, Steve and Natasha.

"Your saying they would come for me, Leah and Pietro," Wanda mumbled. That's when it hit me....I'm not an American citizen. I was born and mainly raised in Sokovia. Thats my birth place. Maybe signing the Accords won't be so bad after all, if it keeps me safe. Gosh I don't know what to do.

"We would protect you all," Vision said determinedly.

"Maybe, maybe Tony is right," Natasha said. I turned in my seat looking at her surprisingly.
"If we have one hand on the wheel, we can steer. If we take it off.....I'm just, I'm reading the terrain. We have made very public mistakes. We need to win their trust back," Natasha said, slightly nervous from the reaction she recieved from me.

"Focus up, im sorry. Did I just mishear you or did you just agree with me?" Tony asked sarcastically.
"Oh, I want to take it back now."
"No, no, no. You can't retract it. Thankyou. Case closed, I win," Tony cheered.

Suddenly Steve stands up saying he has to go and leaves.

* * *

"Leah-" Natasha said quietly, walking behind me as I looked out the big glass panels in the lounge area.

Sam was reading behind us, while Pietro and Wanda were quietly arguing in the kitchen. Tony and Rhodey were talking on the sofa as well, with Vision just staring out the window.

I ignore Natasha, carrying on looking out the window.

"L', I just-" she began.
"Listen Nat, I don't wanna talk about it," I said, not looking at her.
"I'm just trying to do the right thing, Leah they could-"
"Come for me? Oh trust me I know. I haven't decided yet. I don't think I want to. But you know, I'm just trying to do the right thing," i repeat what she says, and Natasha just sighs, placing a hand on my shoulder before walking away.

Soon after, Sam walks next to me. We stayed silent for a few seconds before I spoke up.
"Peggy passed."
"How do you think he is coping?" Sam said, looking over at me.
"Not sure, it's Steve....but then again it's Peggy who has passed away. Probobly hit him hard..." I trail off.
"He will be okay," Sam gave me a smile.

"We will protect you, you know that right? I say, just keep it low if you don't wanna sign the Accords," Sam said.
I turned to look at him, and i lean against the window panel.
"Thats the thing, I don't want to lay low. You know me," I looked down laughing a bit.
"That true. Spoken to Tony?" He laughed with me.
"Not really no..." I say, my smile fading a bit.
"Maybe you should...this whole thing could break us all apart..." he rubbed my arm and walked off to see Wanda.

I looked over to Tony who was already looking at me, and as soon as we lock eyes, I gestured my way towards the door, making a sign that I wanted to talk to him.

* * *

After a few mins, we are in Tony's office and I don't sit, I just stand.

"Tony I-" he cut me off.

"You know, I'm doing this for you. Trying to protect you and all.. but you just can't help but want to do the opposite of what the government wants..all...the...time...." he said, leaning against his desk.

I look down in shame. I knew it hurt him to speak to me like this, we haven't argued since the last incident a few years back when S.H.I.E.L.D fell apart.

"I mean, your a Sokovian Citizen. Your not American. You know what could happen if you do one thing wrong? Or even do the slightest thing wrong, all because you don't want to sign," he sighs, rubbing his hands across his face.

"Tony, we shouldn't have to sign. This thing shouldn't even be a thing. I want to sign...."
"Then why don't you? What's stopping you, huh?"

"I'm not signing for the law, I'm signing because I'm trusting my morals. I don't trust the government. If we sign this, our powers, enhanced or not, are stripped away from us, Tony. I don't think Police officers would be able to tie ropes around a flying city to pull it down. But because we are us, the Avengers, we are capable of fixing that problem. I think I can handle myself more than the government can, because they don't know what these powers are."

"Leah, the Avengers are seen as a security threat," Tony looked at me sympathetically.

"Yes, that may be true, but we are a threat when there is already a more dangerous threat out there. How can I trust and fight for an eternity that is so vulnerable? My point is what about the cases when one or more of us see a threat, but the government either doesn't see it essential, or they straight up don't believe us? We can't just let a threat get loose. You gotta see where I'm coming from, Tones."

"Leah, your thinking emotionally, where as I'm trying to think logically. This isn't a debate settled by emotion," Tony said, walking up to me and placing his hands on my shoulders.

"I am thinking logically because I'm trying to apply the limitations of the Sokovia Accords on my own experiences. And so is Steve. The government has made the wrong calls before, and I'm trying to fairly anticipate that they will again..."

"Okay, I think we should just settle our differences. We cant let work get in the way of this stable relationship. It will be hard, but, I'm Tony Stark and your Leah Charlotte Harper-"

"Dont add the extra name: Charlotte," I laugh which eases the tension between us.

We settle it with a hug and he kisses me....which ends up turning into a tiny...um...make out session but you don't need to know that so MOVING ON.

"Love you."
"Love you too."

Word Count:2722
Well that was intresting. Please tell me if you are team Cap or iron man. Me, I'm team Cap. Also tell me your reason why you are either team, I'm really interested in other people's opinions!
Kiwi ~🥝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.9K 42
↳𝐘/𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊 is just as presumptuous as her father, and nothing will ever stop her from proving to him that she is worthy of being an avenger; u...
797 62 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
51.4K 1.5K 28
✅this story is complete✅ 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐰𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬. 𝐒𝐨 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞. 𝐈 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡...
1.8K 41 12
You're Tony Starks daughter that he didn't know about. You get into a fight and are sent to live with him, you know very little about him, and he kno...