Even The Playing Field | BOOK...

By thinkingofthoughts

**completed** HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 IN FICTION #1 IN SLOWBURN #1 IN COLLEGE Penn State University. Home to th... More

INFORMATION!
welcome & characters & tunes
one
Two
Three
four
five
six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
Epilogue
bonus chapter
bonus chapter number 2
bonus chapter number 3
Announcement

fifty

166K 2.4K 3.1K
By thinkingofthoughts

Naomi Black

I still remember the first time I had a proper Thanksgiving dinner. It was the second holiday I had to spend without mom. It was tough though because I knew mom and I never had to celebrate because we couldn't afford anything other than the mashed potatoes. I was jealous though. Everyone at my new school had to go around in a circle to tell everyone what they were thankful for.

"I'm thankful that I get to spend this holiday with my grandparents." I remember saying.

"You're dad is a millionaire, you should be thankful for the yachts he owns." I remember hearing as the kids laughed.

But I couldn't defend myself.

I remember after I arrived at my grandparents house I walked into the house and the door shut right behind me. Ben's tires screeched as if he couldn't drop me off at his parent's house fast enough after his daughter just lost her mother.

I remember crying and not being able to sleep in the proper bed that I was given because it wasn't a bed that was infested with bedbugs and that it didn't smell like cigarette smoke.

More importantly it wasn't my barbie bed.

I remember my grandparents always coming in throughout the nights to check on me to make sure I wasn't crying in my sleep like I had been the night before. I couldn't help it though, I was exhausted.

I would stay up all night—underneath the moonlight and be with mommy.

I couldn't do that during the day because mommy wasn't available to talk then. I remember sobbing as they made me take handfuls of melatonin to knock me out after 10:30.

Being without my mom in the first few months to the first few years was rough to say the least.

I didn't have a partner for the father daughter dance and now I didn't have one for the mother's day dance either. And then there was the day that I found out who my dad was and what he did.

I remember being in sixth grade and the mean kids in school pulled up old video footage of my daddy taking me out of my mom's funeral—the paparazzi eating that shit up. Or whenever my dad was going off the deep-end back in the late 90's.

"Ben Black and Crystal Jones, his mistress, welcomed a baby girl." I remember reading the headline. I remember reading up on why my dad was released from the NFL.

The kids at school were so cruel. They thought I had it all while making fun of me for having nothing.

I remember my grandparents setting a place at the table for Bun Bun, my bunny from the NICU. Mimi of course got a large turkey leg in her bowl. I remember taking small portions of all of the different foods because I didn't know if this was the food for the entire week.

"NJ. Why are you crying?" I feel Matti tighten his arm around me as we lay next to each other in the morning light. I don't respond because responding would mean that I would have to give an explanation.

I lay on my side, facing Matti's wall of windows. I had made sure to wake up early before the sun started to rise so that way I could see mom, but it was like my body made sure my alarm clock didn't want me to wake up.

So for the first time since I turned 11, I didn't get to wish my mom a Happy Thanksgiving.

And I feel like deep down, it was mom's doing.

She sent me Matti, why would I still need to talk to her?

Well mom, maybe because I would still love to talk to you, even if we aren't in the same galaxy.

I felt Matti sit up on his side so he was leaning over me, still resting on his side though. His hand came up to my face and removed the strands of hair that were sticking to my face due to my tears.

"I love you. I hate it when you cry, what's wrong?" He whispered in my ear as I sighed. Closing my eyes before slowly reopening them.

"My first holiday without my family." I choke out as I continue to stare at the window, not wanting to see his face—emitting pity.

I heard him sigh as he reached his arm over me and tucked me deeper into his side. He laid his head on top of mine and wiped the tears that slowly fell from my eyes. And so he let me cry it out.

I did, but it wasn't an ugly cry.

I just stared off into oblivion as the tears slowly dripped and one by one, he wiped them away.

"You, me, and Mimi. We're our own family." He spoke as I chuckled. I turned around to be tucked underneath him, I stared up at him as he looked down at me. "We're the most toxic and dysfunctional family ever—but we're our own tiny family." He added as I slowly nodded.

He leaned down and pecked my lips.

"Toxic huh?" I ask as he chuckles. "Yeah. You remember how bad we were?" He asks as I sigh and place my hand on his chest.

"Are we going back to campus with everyone tomorrow?" I ask as he pauses, rubbing his eyes. He slowly nods, "Yeah. I think that is what everyone said. It's the last rush of parties before finals." He states as I stretch.

He smirks, "Why? Are you planning out a good time to tell the girls I fucked you?" He teases as I let out a laugh. "You're so cocky." I remind him as he shrugs.

"I know how to use it." He winks as I climb out of his bed and walk towards his couch to go see my kitty. His phone starts to ring. "My dogs aren't here right now if you havent noticed. They are at training school." He states as he reaches for his ringing phone.

"Hey." I hear him speak. I look over at him with Mimi in my arms as he chuckles and mouths the name, "Reese". I just nod—that boy is nuts.

He looks down at his phone and hits the speaker button. "Yo dude. I knew you would be the only one up this early. Listen to this shit—" Reese chokes out a laugh while telling his own story.

"So my high school friends decided to get together last night right? And there's this girl—Zoey. She's all over me dude—like a fucking animal. So I ask her if she wants to fuck and she was like hell yeah." Matti lets out a chuckle.

"So we're at a bonfire in the middle of the woods, there's no where to fuck except our cars which are about a mile down the road. So I carry her into the damn forest, and fuck her over a log." My mouth dropped open in shock as Matti smirked. "Nice job my man." He congratulates Reese as I laugh.

"Bro best part, I wiped off my cum with a fucking leaf." Reese says proudly and I'm shoving my face into a pillow to contain my laughter.

"Reese—what the fuck." Matti says red in the face looking at his phone in amazement. Reese chuckles. "I know man, I know. I almost got you and Blake beat for the time on the yacht while you guys were snorting crack off of those girls—" Matti hung up the phone call as I raised my eyebrows at him.

We hadn't talked about his abuse of drugs yet, but I wasn't going to let it go—I wanted to have confidence that he wouldn't be addicted by next year.

Matti chucked his phone on the night stand and looked at me as I gave him a shrug. He sighed and patted the bed next to him. I walked towards him and sat with Mimi in my arms.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ears and released a breath. It was the past but as long as it didn't affect my future it shouldn't matter.

Matti cleared his throat.

"I wasn't a drug addict." I relaxed and nodded at him. "However, I'm a rich white boy with daddy's money and a big fat yacht in the summer." He tried to reason as I raised an eyebrow.

"I told you that I would've turned out like your dad if you hadn't come into my life, and it's the truth," I nod for him to continue. He reached forward and gripped my left palm, tracing the lines.

"Blake and I went to the most prestigious high school academy in America. We had everything handed to us when we needed it. When you have everything, nothing is ever good enough. So senior year, we started cocaine." He admitted as I frowned.

He didn't make eye contact with me though—he continued to trace my palm.

"I've never done heroin. It's only ever been coke and weed. I just—I did it because I was available to get it. Blake's reasons were different. Reese is referencing a time that Blake and I snorted off a stripper's ass." He looked me in the eyes as my mouth dropped open in shock.

I let out a giggle, "You snorted coke off a stripper's ass?" I asked as he nodded. I pulled at my hair from my scalp and then laid next to him in the bed.

"You're not mad?" He asked in shock as I shook my head. "It's the past. Just don't go all daddy drug addict on me and we'll be good." I reassured him. He let out a laugh and leaned down to kiss me, but I stopped him with a hand on his chest.

"No—no more kisses for you. You probably got a fungal infection or pink eye." I teased as he snorted and removed my hand from his chest. I struggled for a minute but he finally was able to plant a kiss on my lips.

And then his favorite thing to do to me, he started to tickle me.

"Matti! Stop that!" I hollered as he laughed, his finger tips moving faster up my sides.

"Nope—no can do! You told me I had a fungal infection!" He laughed as I squealed and squirmed around him. "Stop!" I yelled as he laughed harder at my struggles.

And then there was a knock on the door.

"Mattison." I heard his mother call his name. Matti quickly rolled off of me and cleared his throat. "Come in." He spoke as the door opened.

His mom entered his room, hair freshly curled, in a navy blue silk robe. She smiled at us. "Good morning. Happy Thanksgiving." She said as we smiled at her.

"Naomi, has Matti filled you in on our Thanksgiving traditions?" She asks as I purse my lips and shake my head. She raises her eyebrows in shock, "Matti. That's rude." She says as I chuckle.

I grip Matti's hand underneath the blanket.

"We go to the Christmas tree farm and pick out our Christmas tree." She states with a smile on her face as I smile—how fun. "But I unfortunately can't go this year. I have to meet with an investor for my bar and boutique, so I was wondering—Naomi, if you would step in for me that way Matti wouldn't have to go alone?" His mother asked with hope in her voice.

Matti's hand tightened around mine and he turned to smile at me.

I slowly nodded. "Yeah of course. I don't know how good I'll be at this though—I've only ever had a fake tree." I admit as they both laugh.

It's true—my grandparents were allergic to Oak, Pine, and Hickory trees. I never got to have a real one, although there was this one time mommy illegally chopped a shrub from the park that way I would have something.

"Great. Now get up, the appointment is in thirty minutes." She winks at us and walks out of the room as Matti leans down and kisses me on the forehead. "I hope you're not afraid to get dirty." He teases as he hops out of his bed.

I chuckle.

"Keep talking shit. I know where all of your helmets are." I warn as he lets out a cackle. I get out of his bed and walk over to my bags. I grab a pair of leggings, a crewneck, a hat, a scarf, and a pair of rain boots.

I walk into Matti's bathroom and quickly do my morning routine while he is in his room, literally doing nothing. Only five minutes before we had to leave he walked into the bathroom to get ready.

"It took me five minutes to do what you did in thirty." He announces to me as I step into the hallway. I look forward towards the staircase and don't even look back at him.

"Okay. Do you want a fucking cookie?" I tease as he snorts.

"I would baby, but those are against a professional athlete's diet." He responds as I hear the smirk in his tone.

He catches up to me right before the staircase and wraps an arm around my shoulders, nearly pulling me down.

We walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. Matti nods to the chairs for me to sit as I give him a look and sit down. He walks over to the cupboards and pulls off a box of Coco Puffs. He nods towards me as I smile at him.

I look to my left and see Matti's mom and dad looking at this scene like Matti has two fucking heads.

"You guys want some?" He asks while shaking the box. I let out a giggle as they shook their heads. Matti shrugs and walks to grab me a bowl, a spoon, and almond milk from the fridge.

He places it all in front of me as I thank him. He smiles at me, and turns back to the fridge.

I pour my cereal ingredients together as his mom chuckles and takes a seat next to me.

"You see that Colton? Never have you ever made me breakfast." She states as he shrugs, taking a sip of his coffee. "Oh well. You act like you've gone without." He says sarcastically.

Matti turns back around with a spoon in his hand and yogurt in his mouth.

"NJ, are you allergic to anything?" She asks as I shake my head. "Good. Well, kids, finish your food and then be back here in a couple hours." She smiles at us and Colton rolls his eyes.

"Dad. Do you have a problem?" Matti asks while pulling the spoon he was sucking clean out of his mouth. I was captivated by that damn spoon.

Colton stood up straight. "Nope. Blake left about an hour ago if you may ask. Charlie took him home." He spoke before walking out of the kitchen.

God, I fucking hated that man.

I eat my cereal fast. I stand up, bowl in hand to put in the dishwasher. Matti's mom's hand touches my wrist. "The maids will get it. Now you two need to go." She ushers us towards the garage as I chuckle.

Matti grips my hand as we walk towards the doors.

The door opens and we step into the flooded garage.

He grabs my hand and leads me to a rack of keys. "Okay so we have to bring back a tree, which means no sports cars. I don't feel like taking Camille either." He admits as I look at him in shock.

"That's a first." I speak as he shrugs.

"I think I actually want a new car." I let out a laugh at him as he smiled at me. I look around the garage and sigh. "You, just pick a truck." I state in frustration as he chuckles looking down at me.

He reaches for a set before leading me to a huge Black one.

"This is Diego." He states as I raise an eyebrow. He unlocks the doors and opens the passenger side for me. "You name them all?" I ask in shock as he shrugs. I go to get in but he holds up his hand.

"Hold on." He clicks a button as a footstep appears underneath the car door. I look up at him as he see's my 'what the fuck' expression and he chuckles.

"Go on. Get up there shortstack." He urges for me to get into the truck as I step up into the truck. He smirks at me as I glare at him, he closes the door as I sigh.

The amount of money he had freaked me out. I was okay with a Mcdonald's lunch, but I had a feeling I was going to be eating Charcuterie boards and caviar for a pre-thanksgiving meal today. Would I be able to live up to all of this?

I had a car with rust covering it back at home. His cars get a speck of dirt and he wants to buy a new one—his lifestyle is unrealistic.

I could barely afford a college meal plan and he was swimming in pools of hundred dollar bills.

The slamming of his door brought me out of my mind.

He pressed a button and opened the garage door, he turned on the booming engine and I buckled my seatbelt. He slowly backed out of the parking spot and into the driveway. Once we were facing the gate and out on the street, his right hand came over and placed itself on top of my left thigh.

He looked over at me and winked.

"What's up with you?" He asks as I shake my head. He chuckles, "Nah, what's wrong, Black?" He asks as he turns on the heat. He places his phone on top of the dash and shakes my head.

"You have loads of money, just available to you." I state as he nods. He clears his throat, "You don't like it?" He asks as I pause.

He turns out of his road and onto the main roadway.

"It's.... Intimidating." I try to make sense of my own words. His eyes narrow on the road as he shrugs.

"It's just money NJ." He states as I chuckle. "Yeah. Almost billions of dollars, Mattison." I point out as he sucks in a breath. "I'm just not used to this. I don't like change." I admit as he grips my leg under his palm.

"Everytime I have to change, someone has died." I speak as he clears his throat.

"I just hope you love me even when I go poor." He teases as I groan. "I wish you were poor." I admit as he raises his eyebrows and takes his eyes off the road to look at me.

"You wish I was poor?" He asks as I nod. "Yeah. That way you would learn to appreciate a damn cheeseburger from McDonalds." He lets out a laugh as he changes lanes.

"I'd go poor for you Naomi Black." He looks me in the eyes as I turn to smile at him.

It was comforting to know that Matti had become a new person. He cared, he changed, he actually loved now. He was someone that kids should look up to. I didn't want to take all of the credit though—he was always a nice guy.

He just needed someone to show him that it was okay for him to actually be the nice guy.

Mattison Williams was the best thing to ever happen to me and I honestly think I was the best thing that had ever happened to him. Without him in my life, I wouldn't know how to see the light in men just because of my father.

Sure, I gave Coen Miller a chance, but he ruined that. My dad ruined the idea of a man for me, Coen couldn't fix that—but Matti could.

If Matti wasn't it for me, there would only be an after. I wouldn't be able to find another guy after him. There was just simply no way.

This semester was full of learning experiences. I learned to never trust a guy with my drink. I learned that stressing out over a grade—will not be the end of the world. I learned that watching your best friends fall in love is a beautiful thing.

I learned that Blake Day actually had a heart—he just had to find it too.

I learned that Reese Joseph was a lot smarter than what he puts out to the world.

I learned that Griffin Johnson loved my best friend more than he loved himself.

I learned that Caden Wright was willing to break sibling code to fuck his sisters best friend.

I learned that Sloane Beck was a mysterious ass girl—she was hiding a lot more than I knew.

I learned that Natalie Reagan would put her fiancé above her best friends, but it was okay.

I learned that Finnegan Wright would stay silent because nobody acknowledged her because she was Caden's sister.

We pulled down a long entrance that dark forest green was seen on either side. "You live next to a Christmas Tree Farm?" I ask as he chuckles. "I live near one." He corrects me as I beam with a smile.

"You've really never picked out a tree?" He asks in shock as he pulls into a parking space. I shake my head. "You have loads of first's with me." He smiles at me as I nod.

He puts the truck in park and turns off the engine. He stares at me for a moment and when he looks at me it's like the world stops. His eyes twinkle as I blush under his gaze.

I unfasten my seatbelt and open my door, before he could yell at me.

I hear his door open as I take a huge jump to the ground. I shut the door behind me as he comes around the bed of the truck. "I couldn't wait—I was too excited." I spoke as he smiled and nodded at me. He reached his hand out as I latched onto his and we walked.

We walked into the farm hand in hand. I looked around in glee as I saw many families together, happy. I was jealous until Matti squeezed my knuckles. I looked up to see him looking down at me.

"Hey. We have our own family—remember?" He tries to cheer me up as I nod, I agree. We had the most dysfunctional family ever.

"Let's go look." I dragged him along towards a row that was empty. "What size can we get?" I ask as he hums. "Whatever you want." He states as I raise an eyebrow. "Are you sure about that? If I show up with a bad one I think your dad might set fire to it babe." I admit as he snorts.

He leads me down an aisle of tall and skinny ones.

But I was paying more attention to the little girl at the end of the aisle that we thought was empty. I tugged Matti's arm towards the young girl who stood in his jersey. He looked at me in confusion before making contact with the girl I was staring at.

"Oh—she's a cutie." He states as I giggle and lean against him.

"She hasn't noticed you yet." I state as he chuckles. He led us over to a tree near her as we tried to act like we were interested in the tree, but we weren't. I actually hated the way this tree looked.

I hear Matti clear his throat as I watch him squat down next to her.

"Hey. Nice jersey." He states as the little girl turns her attention from the tree to us. A small gasp leaves her lips as a smile appears on my face.

"Matti!" She states as he nods. She launches herself at him, "I missed you so much! You didn't come to camp this year." He hugs her back as I raise an eyebrow—what?

"I know. I'm sorry, I had loads of things to do." He says apologetically as I stare, still confused.

"Yeah! Like declare for the draft! How cool." She exclaims as I chuckle. She looks over to me and smiles. "Hi. I'm Annabelle, I'm going to be the first kicker that's a girl at Penn State." She holds her hand up in the air for me to shake, but I crouch down so she wouldn't have to reach so far.

I shake her tiny hand.

"Hi Annabelle, I'm Naomi Black." I state as she smiles up at Matti.

"I run camps with Blake in the summer for the kids around here to play football with us." He says as I nod in shock. "Anyways. Mommy should be around here somewhere. Matti. I better be expecting you at camp this year. Happy Thanksgiving." She smiles at the both of us before hugging Matti's legs.

"Bye Matti. Bye Matti's Girlfriend!" She called out while running down a different aisle.

I turned to look at him as he smiled at me, continuing to walk and browse the trees. I follow in his footsteps and I stop in front of him. He looks down at me and smirks. "That was hot." I comment as he chuckles.

"You do charity work?" I ask as he shrugs—not wanting to brag.

"I mean— other than me," I make fun of myself as his mouth drops open and he flicks my shoulder. I chuckle.

"Blake and I make sure kids have good practices because I didn't have them growing up. I want a good healthy practice that makes kids want to love the sport. I met Annabelle whenever one of the boys decided to tackle her before she was able to punt the ball. She didn't cry, she just laughed as I leaned over top of her. Her helmet knocked off and everything—I wouldn't have known she was a little girl until all of her hair fell out from under the helmet.

And then when Blake saw one of the boys tackled a girl he broke his clipboard over his damn knee—" I let out a laugh cutting off his story about his football camp.

He smiled at me before continuing. "And Annabelle and I have been inseparable every summer ever since. She was told she couldn't play by her dad and it's like she and I have something in common, something for us to bond over." He states as he smiles at me. I grip his hands and rub his knuckles as he blushes.

I didn't know much about Matti's relationship with his dad and I didn't want to push it—especially not today.

"Well. I'm ten times more in love with you now." I bite my lip as he chuckles, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

And then I see it.

"Matti—that tree." I point towards the stubby looking tree as he chuckles. "Babe—" I cut him off.

"Nope, you said whatever I wanted." I cut off as he raised his eyebrows at me as I gave him an innocent smile.

He sighed and put his fingers in between his lips, whistling. He waved a worker over and to get the tree ready for us.

To be honest—I didn't want the tree, I really didn't.

I wanted to get back to this truck as soon as possible though or else I was going to jump his bones in front of everyone on this damn farm. He pinched my side as I giggled. We walked with the worker to the truck, and Matti and the worker placed it in the bed.

Matti opened the truck door for me as I chuckled, I got inside as I waited for him to get into the other side. He entered the truck and gave me a look. "What's up?" He asks as I smirk at him.

"Nothing." I state as he turns on the truck. He pulls out of the parking space and that's when I unbuckle my seat belt. Setting off the belt alarm, he raised his eyebrows at me.

And then my hands slowly started making my way towards his pants. I heard him suck in a breath. "Not here." He spoke the two words as I looked up at him and batted my eyelashes. He groaned, "NJ. Give me two minutes to get home." He pleaded as I chuckled.

I reached my hand into his pants and my cold hands came into contact with his warm member. I felt the tip as he shuddered under my touch. He took in a big breath as I chuckled. I started pumping my hand up and down his dick as he let out a hiss.

"You're going to make me crash the truck." He moaned out as I chuckled.

"Thought you liked it rough?" I teased as he gave me a look of lust. I spit into my right palm and brought it over to where my left hand was working it's way up and down Matti's dick, creating a warm and wet suction, both of my hands working their way up and down him now.

His eyes tried focusing on the road, but they kept lulling.

"I'm literally not going to last long at all Black. This is so fucking hot—" He let out a moan as I chuckle. "Who knew you had this in you," He whispered under his breath.

And then he turned down his road.

That's when I fully decided to lean over and take him into my mouth. He slammed on the breaks, not expecting that. I chuckled against him, sending vibrations all over him. His foot was still on the break as his hand found the back of my head.

His hand gripping my hat, taking it off—getting a fist full of my hair. He pushes and pulls my head up and down him and then his penis starts to throb in my mouth. My eyes water as he releases into my mouth with a moan. He releases his grip on my hair as I come up and stare at him, wiping the tears that had fallen from my watery eyes.

His foot releases from the break as he winks at me. I go to sit back in my seat but he pulls me back to him, placing a long kiss on my lips.

"Love you." He says as I chuckle.

"I love you more." I respond as he pulls into the garage.

Matti Williams

I was crazy for her. She literally gave me fucking road head—that girl surprises me everyday.

It had been two hours since we had gotten home and we were all sitting at the table in the dining room. We had just started to relax, eating. Dad had kept his comments to a minimum.

Which was great considering that it was three against one.

I know my mom would absolutely never say it herself, but we all knew she was sticking around because of the money—definitely not because she loved my dad.

My mom knew that my dad didn't care about her—if he did he wouldn't be fucking his receptionist. Who was funnily enough, sitting at this damn thanksgiving dinner table.

"So Naomi, you're an honors student right?" Justine, the receptionist asks as I raise an eyebrow to her. Naomi sits up in her seat and nods. "Yeah, honors and deans student." She states.

My dad clears his throat. "So you're smart then?" He asks as I give him a look. She smiles, "I would say so." She responds. I could see the gears turning in her head, why was my dad bothering her?

"Matti is going to be traveling a lot within these next few months." He makes a side comment as I glare at him.

"With all due respect sir, I just confirmed I'm smart to you, so I know that he will be traveling a lot." She smiles sweetly at him as I chuckle.

"Are you guys planning on getting married soon?" Justine asked as Naomi took a sip of her water. Naomi swallows hard, in shock of the question. My mom sits at the bottom of the table smirking while I stare at this receptionist, that shouldn't even be at my damn dinner table.

"No." Naomi shuts her down as my dad smiles.

"That's good." He states as I feel like it's my turn to speak up.

"Why is it good?" I ask as he looks at me in shock that I'm challenging him. My mom watches with cautious eyes. Naomi stabs a piece of turkey into her mouth.

"Because." He shrugs, taking a sip of his wine. I narrowed my eyes on him.

"Because, why?" I ask again, demanding an answer.

"Because it wouldn't look good for you if you were with her. I've reconsidered my opinions." He states as my mothers mouth drops open.

"You know what really doesn't look good? Bringing your receptionist that you're having an affair with to your thanksgiving dinner table, asshole." I fire back at him as he glares at me.

"She's going to ruin you and everything I built." He states as Naomi glared at him. "No dad. She isn't going to ruin anything. And everything you built? I'm not a business deal. I'm a fucking human being. You might've put me on the field, but I was already good before you." I push my chair back and stand up, Naomi following suit.

"We bought a house by the way." I announced to everyone as Naomi stood behind me timidly, I don't blame her though. Imagine coming to a household that is already filled with hate.

"Colton, you couldn't let us have one nice thing!" I hear my mom bitch at him. As I pull NJ down the hallway.

"She's changing him!" I hear him yell at her as I pull Naomi into my side. "You think that's a bad thing?" I hear my mom challenge him.

And then I walk upstairs to my room to pack and leave tonight.

It wasn't worth it to stay here when I know how this would end—hell it was already ended, my dad was a fucking asshole. He couldn't care for anyone other than himself and she loves to hurt my mom's feelings.

I could've ended up like that too if NJ hadn't come into my life. I could've ended up with Chloe, I could've turned out the same exact way—but with Naomi it was different.

I loved this girl like no other.

She was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I was so thankful that she came into my life to open my fucking eyes. I was bad before. I was nervous to tell her about my drug use before because I knew how she had felt about them.

She had become my safety net, she was my best friend.

"Matti, don't cry." I hear Naomi whisper as she pulls me into a hug, standing in the middle of my bedroom.

But how could I not cry?

Everything was falling apart in my mind that I didn't truly care about before because of her. I would be traveling a lot because of football. I didn't care about family until Naomi showed me that I had none. Blake and I almost fell off.

I was a fucking jerk to NJ before.

I did change, no doubt of that, but she had opened my eyes wider than they were before.

My dad was literally fucking a different woman in front of my mom, but my mom was only staying for the money. My dad was fucking a different woman because he could—he had the money and the power.

I was fucking women, partying, and playing football. I had all of the power in the world.

I thought I had the power because I had the money.

But now that I had Naomi it was like everything had changed, it did.

There wasn't a day that went by that I wasn't smiling because I was always smiling with her. I was fucking so in love with this girl—it hurt me to see my dad treating my mom like this.

It just makes me think, maybe my mom and dad were what Naomi's parents were actually supposed to be like if they were together.

Her mom is a dancer; but stopped dancing to take care of her kid. Her dad; a football player that never made it like mine.

"I love you so much." I state as I kiss her forehead.

She pulls away and looks at me rubbing my biceps. "I love you so much that I'm literally going to die when I can't see you when I go to NFL camps. I don't know how I'm going to do it NJ. I love you." I repeat as she pushes me back to sit on the bed.

I don't cry anymore, I just sit with her.

Mimi jumps up on my lap and we laugh as she nudges me with her head in my chest.

"Do you want to get another cat?" I ask as Naomi snorts. "No. I thought you hated cats." She points out as I smile at her.

"You have changed a lot of things for me, Black." I responded as I played with her hair.

"Come on, let's finish packing—we got a Happy Valley to get back to." I continued as she just smiled in content.

I never saw myself loving anyone but then I met Naomi Black and she made me fall harder than I could comprehend. Maybe memories weren't for people like us. They were for moments because the people in the memories aren't the same.

Hey besties,
192,000.

We're so close to 200,000 that I literally cry everyday. I don't know how this is possible. Thank you so much.

P.S. I will double update every time we hit 100,000+

I hope you all enjoyed this sentimental and sexual chapter.

I love you all.

Sending you hugs wherever you are in the world.

CONNECT WITH ME!  I LOVE TALKING TO YOU GUYS!
Instagram: thinkingofthoughtswrites

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

781K 43.8K 34
[2022 Wattys Winner] When love cynic Madison Watson starts university, she vows to follow three simple rules. One: Work out at least twice a wee...
19.1M 538K 55
"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint. "W-what," I breathed. His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The call...
228K 4.2K 55
19 year old Celestia Monroe moved from Spain to go stay at her father's place in Italy. She decided to focus more on her studies, to stay away from t...
6.7M 174K 51
In a town where the high school football team rules the school, Amelia is just another face in the crowd. Sure, her dad is the football coach but Ame...