Anxiety | iwaoi

By iwaoiself

Tooru Oikawa. An introvert, shy, suffering from major anxiety, cute nerd who's got a crush on a boy. →i do no... More

Prologue
» 1.
» 2.
» 3.
» 4
» 5.
» 6.
» 7.
» 8.
» 9.
» 10.
»11
» 12.
»13
» 14
» 15
» 16
» 17
» 18
» 19
:)
2o
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
36. 1,, OIKAWA-SAN
37
38
39
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
Home (1/5)
Home (2/5)
Home (3/5)
Home (4/5)
Home (5/5)
Epilogue
Author's note.
.
Sequel is up!

40

5K 210 447
By iwaoiself

Helllo !!! besties I missed u all
40th chapter omg only sum chapters left and then an epilogue.

[TW: MENTIONS OF S3X]

They lay cuddled up in Iwaizumi's bed. Cool breeze filtered in through the window. Their shirts were strewn somewhere on the floor, forgotten.
Iwaizumi ran his fingertips along Oikawa's bare torso in a soft motion.

"How's our son doing?" Iwaizumi whispered between them.

Oikawa was gazing at Iwaizumi's moonlight illuminated face with tired eyes and a smile. He shook his head and scoffed lightly as soon as he registered Hajime's question, "Shrimpy-chan and him are still not exclusive but other than that he's okay— and he's NOT our son."

"Mhm." Iwaizumi smiled endearingly at him as he leaned up slightly to peck his boyfriend's lips. He ran his hand through Oikawa's hair. The latter caressed his cheekbone and pulled him tightly into the kiss.

"Do you think they're all settled in their rooms?" Iwaizumi asked.

"Yeah, I think so," The brunette paused, "Um. . ."

"Yeah?"

Oikawa shook his head. Iwaizumi flicked the other's shoulder and stared up at him, "tell me, dumbass."

". . . Okay so. You know, when you were in the shower?"

Iwaizumi bit the inside of his cheek trying not to smile, "Yes, I would know. I was in the shower."

Oikawa nodded back at him dumbly, "right. I heard the bed creaking loudly from the room to our left."

Iwaizumi snorted. Oikawa frowned and bonked his head, "don't laugh! I was horrified!"

"That's," he laughed. "That's Mattsun and Makki's room. They always take that exact one so they can make sure I hear them loud and clear. I had to sit outside every time till they were done. God— I hate them."

"No you don't."

"No, I don't."

Oikawa smirked his signature smirk, which made Iwaizumi blush instantly (reluctantly), and hooked his finger into the elastic band of Iwaizumi's sweatpants, "what do you say, Iwa-chan? Wanna make them jealous?~"

Iwaizumi's mouth parted, his face heating up embarrassingly— Oikawa laughed loud and bright, "Kidding! kidding! Iwa-chan's so cute when he's blushing." He teased.

Iwaizumi couldn't even insult him he could only stare at the sight of him laughing.

Who gave you the right to be this breathtaking?
What even is sex when I get to hear this. You dumbass. This will always be more addicting than getting off

God— fucking hell.

You're so in love it's pathetic.

He ran his hands along Oikawa's naked chest and kissed him until they ran out of breath.

Iwaizumi fell asleep soon after. The exhaustion of travelling and having to deal with half of his family finally caught up to him. Plus, dealing with Atsumu and Bokuto's humour was torture enough.

His arm embraced Oikawa in a loose hug who, by the way, was staring up at the ceiling at 3:00am.

Oikawa hated being alone with his thoughts:

What if his parents kick Oikawa out?— OR — hold that thought— WORSE, what if his parents kick their own son out??? can you even do that? Legally? But then again my mom did kick out my dad... but that's probably not the same.

What even is the point of this big ass house? It feels suffocating anyways. It has an empty feeling within— it makes me  feel even more anxious.

Or do I just need to pee?

I'm thirsty

For Iwa-chan?

No

Water

But then I'll need to pee after

I should just ask someone to get me water

Oikawa slipped his phone out from underneath his pillow, careful not to wake Iwaizumi up who was snoring faintly. Oikawa kissed his nose softly.

To: Makki-chan :)
Can u get me a glass of water pleaseee
3 : 11 am. ✔︎

He fiddled with his hands. Stared at Iwaizumi sleeping (not in a creepy way). He drew a couple stars on Iwaizumi's back with his finger.  (okay maybe this was a bit creepy )

ding!

From: Makki-chan :)
R you okay??
3:15 am ✔︎✔︎

To: Makki-chan :)
Yes everything's okay i was just thirsty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3:15 am✔︎✔︎

From: Makki-chan :)
then im busy babe go get it urself
3: 16am. ✔︎✔︎

To: Makki-chan :)
doing what? more important than me?
3: 16✔︎✔︎

typing...

From: Makki-chan :)
riding this fat ass schlon—

Oikawa clicked his phone off and took a deep breath. Were they really going at it all night? Was it weird that him and Iwaizumi weren't?

Guess he'll have to get that water himself.

He slipped out soundlessly. The halls were empty and freezing. He walked at a slow pace, soft slippers barely making any noise—

"Why do you always have to make such a big deal out of it?" Someone whisper-yelled. Oikawa covered his ears. He had done enough eavesdropping for at least a year. He forced himself to walk away but halted when he heard whimpering.

"Me? I-I make a big deal out of it? It's not fair! You never listen to what I want! They know, don't they? Everyone knows! So why can't you just accept it?"

Sakura.

"You know why, Sakura." The person sighed.

"It doesn't matter Hanami!"

"It does matter! You know it does. You're still nineteen— fucks sake you're barely older than Hajime— and don't- don't call me that it just hurts at this point—

"So that's all?," Sakura hissed bitterly, "it's only alright when we fuck? That's all I'm good for—

"That's not true! You know I care about you more than I care about anyone" Hana pleaded.

"That's all you—

"Yes! For God's sake, let it go! Why do we have to have this discussion every single time?," Hana snapped, "you're nineteen, I'm twenty fucking four. Even if-if we give it a chance— it will never last— look at my parents—

"Oh my fucking god! We're not your parents! We're nothing like them! They gave you trauma for life!"

"You're naive, Sakura—

"I'm a consenting adult! I've loved you all my life! I waited didn't I? I waited till I was eighteen—and you-you didn't even touch me till I was nineteen—

"Please just—

"I'll be twenty in three weeks! We can move out—

"Four weeks," Hana interrupted in a whisper. She shook her head, "We can never be in a serious relationship and you know it so just stop."

"Tell me you don't love me and I'll stop!"

Oikawa hid as well as he could into a small corner. He was afraid that someone would walk out any second. He held his breath and covered his mouth with both his hands. Did Iwa-chan know?

A minute passed.

"Go. Please." Hana said at last.

"I-I don't want to" Sakura breathed out shakily.

"Then I'll leave."

He watched Hana go. He saw her wiping her face  without a single glance back, completely unaware of Oikawa's presence.

He waited a minute. Then he went in.

Sakura's head snapped up as soon as she heard the door, "Hana!—. . . oh."

Her entire demeanour changed. She wiped the tears off her face sneakily then smirked. Her eyes were puffy and tired nonetheless, "here to gloat? Pretty."

"Stop pretending. Please," he sat on his knees on the floor with her. Her back to the wall, Him facing her, "it's okay. Please just— stop pretending."

She bit her lip and looked down out of humiliation, "how much did you hear?" She asked in a whisper.

"Not much. . . But I know what it's like to— to want someone in your life who doesn't want you in theirs."

"What? Hajime didn't like you before?"

"No. My father wants nothing to do with me. Never did."

She stared at him. Her eyelashes were still wet, "Oh. Sorry."

Oikawa kissed her cheek like she had done before.

She looked at him puzzled for a while and afterwards composed herself as if nothing had happened, "Did you know I broke you and Hajime up for my own entertainment? So you don't have to feel sorry for me okay? I don't need your pity. Go away."

Oikawa shook his head and wiped a stray tear off her face with his shaky hand.

She swatted his hand, "I'm horrible to you! What is wrong with you?"

Oikawa held her left hand, she let him. He sighed, "When. . . When everything gets too much, people like me and you who fake everything. Personalities, expressions, emotions, who hide behind our 'perfect' smiles and our 'perfect' laughs. We . . . get lonely. We need to sit back and breath. People like us need Someone they can depend on when it all gets too much— someone who can knock some sense back into you," Sakura snorted lightly, Oikawa smiled, "I'm lucky. I have my mom— and Iwa-chan."

"Well too bad, pretty, I don't have anyone like that."

"You have me."

Sakura stared at him with raised eyebrows.

"You um. You have me."

"I almost ruined your life—

"When you came to my dorm claiming to be Iwa-chan's girlfriend. I got scared a-and insecure. You were standing there, all gorgeous—

"No way! You're way more gorgeous!"

Oikawa grinned, "No, you—

"No! You—

"Okay us!" he cheered.

"Okay us." Sakura smiled. She leaned forward and hugged Oikawa, who wrapped his arms around her in return, "I'm sorry, for hurting you. It wasn't for my own entertainment I swear. I care a lot for Hajime. He's my little brother as well. There have been times when people would get closer to him just for the money. They would break his heart. I hated them," a pause, "He trusts me. He's way closer to me  than he is to Hanami. . ." She looked down, not wanting to remember the reason they were here in the first place.

"I forgive you. I'm glad Iwa-chan has someone who looks after him."

"I'm sorry."

"I know."

They smiled at each other.

"Hana will come around." Oikawa said gently. Sakura sighed, "it's fine—

"She didn't say no when you asked her if she loves you."

"She . . . She didn't."

Oikawa snorted, "you're so in love with her."

"I'm not!," she grinned at him teasingly, "you're poking fun at me but you better hope you're ready for tomorrow, bitch."

Oikawa's eyes widened, "I completely forgot about that—

"No-no no I was just messing!— look It's gonna be okay. Iwaizumi loves you more than he loves that weird dinosaur—

"Godzilla?"

"Yes that— what the fuck is up with that by the way? Do you have a Dino fetish?"

"What! No!"

"I'm joking. What even is a dinosaur fetish? Anyways stop sidetracking me! What was I saying— oh yeah! Iwaizumi loves you more than that thing so you'll be alright."

"Promise?"

"You bet your little ass I'm never going to let them harm you, pretty." I won't let them lay on finger on the people I care about. Not again, Sakura thought.

Damn long ass chapter

SAKURA ISNT EVIL SHES JUST MISUNDERSTOOD I AINT FORGET WHEN PEOPLE TRIED TO CANCEL OIKAWA FOR  
??ALMOST?? HITTING KAGEYAMA. SHUT THE FUCK UP!! AS IF U HAVE NEVER FELT A HUMAN EMOTION BEFORE

⚠️ SK8 THE INFINITY SPOILERS AHEAD⚠️

I'm so glad renga is okay lmfao I was losing sleep over it them. Do u guys think they'll be canon by episode 12??
Also joe picking up cherry bridal style 🗣
Can Ad*m go to jail already??? I low-key want Reki to beat Adam in the finale not Langa

- mino/author-chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.5K 28
[𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃] ❝𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚? ❞ ❝𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙘𝙪𝙩...
3K 110 31
This story does contain smut. Your younger brother's best friend. His best friend's older sister. Everyone else's hate and jealously. What could poss...
124K 4.9K 21
Oikawa Tooru has been best friends with Iwaizumi Hajime for as long as he can remember. One day, hanging out with his best friend.. Seems different...
145K 7.5K 27
SUPERMARKET FLOWERS. for those flowers filled with neverending sorrow, happiness is yet to bloom. ↠ tooru oikawa x oc ↠ a haikyuu!! fanfiction ↠ stan...