Home (3/5)

TW: one (1) mention of r*pe, g*n, violence

(Im sorry)

1 hour before the fire

After Sakura cut of the power, Oikawa turned on his phone torch, "everyone up." He whispered, "hold hands at all times." He turned off the torch with a tap, "don't stop running no matter what happens. If you lose someone, run. As should the other person."

They tiptoed around the house in the dark, feeling for furniture as they walked closer and closer to the exit.

Just as Iwaizumi was about turn the corner,

A blood curling scream shook them to their cores.

It belonged to his mother.

His eyes widened, tears already forming.

He tried to grab for Oikawa behind him in the dark but Hana's hold on his right hand tightened, so tight he felt like he couldn't breath. He realised that she was probably scared; scared for him, scared for herself.

When the first gunshot sounded, Iwaizumi let out a painful cry, Oikawa lurched forward from behind to hold his left hand. Iwaizumi shivered, gripping his boyfriend's hand tightly.

When another one fired, Makki accidentally screamed.

"Shh!" Oikawa hissed, "we can't let her know where we are! Nobody say a word or she will kill us."

They ran through the halls, having abandoned their shoes to be as quiet as possible.

When gunshots fired rapidly, continuously, blazing through the air, all hell broke lose.

They lost each other.

Everyone ran in different directions in the darkness.

Hana accidentally let go of her brother's hand, but they knew they couldn't stop. They had to run. They couldn't stop. Everyone had to run, just as Oikawa had instructed, as if he knew it would come to this.

Only Oikawa's hold on Iwaizumi's hand remained constant as they ran and ran and ran.

7 months after the fire

"I was scared. That night," Iwaizumi mumbles, "I was scared for him. For us. For everyone."

"An adequate amount of time has passed," Dr. Gou observed, writing something down, "does it still scare you?"

"I— . . .I don't know but . . .Tooru and I wake up screaming most nights."

21 minutes before the fire

They ran.

Iwaizumi had tears running down his face, clouding his vision. He couldn't make out anything, even with moonlight filtering in.

But that didn't matter. Even if he didn't want to, he knew this house like the back of his hand. He hated it and he hated himself for recognising every corner.

His panted. It felt like they had been running
for hours.

Oikawa squeezed his hand and whispered, "just hold on a little bit more." His breathing came out harsh but confident.

Though Iwaizumi could feel Oikawa's hand shaking.

He assured Iwaizumi nonetheless. Hajime knew Oikawa himself was on the verge of a panic attack.