A Wonderful Adventure For Thi...

Door ihavebecomepneuma

What would happen when a metalhead guitarist reincarnates to a fantasy world? Read and find out. Meer

A/N
Reincarnation
Registration, Introductions, And Amphibian Problems
Perverts, Panties, And Cabbage
Morning After, Practice, And A Dullahan
Gators, Tryhards, And Dullahan Again?
Alphonse, Floods, And A Layed Back Duet
Snow Sprites, Shogun, And Eris
Wiz, Restaurant, and Spirit House
Guy's Day, Sunset, And Succubus
1k Reads Special
Destroyer
Prison, Interrogation, And Justice For All
New Friends, Bath, And Duel
Gigs, Dungeon, And Party
Return, Proposal Problem, and Meeting
Inventions, Upgrades, And Lizards
An Unusual Duet, Fishing Buddies, And Roadtrip
Caravan, Cultists, And Split
Apology, Becoming One, And Angry Mob
Chase, Slime, And Final Battle
5k Special: Old Ties
Crimson Legend
Princess Of The Six Flowers: Chapter 1
Princess Of The Six Flowers: Chapter 2
Princess Of The Six Flowers: Chapter 3
Princess Of The Six Flowers: Chapter 4
Princess Of The Six Flowers: Chapter 5
Princess Of The Six Flowers: Chapter 6 and Epilogue
10k Special: Sick Day
The Ten Million Bride: Prologue and Chapter 1
The Ten Million Bride: Chapter 2
The Ten Million Bride: Chapter 3
The Ten Million Bride: Chapter 4

Vanir, Mind Control, And Solution

687 18 32
Door ihavebecomepneuma

Sena: "Satou Kazuma! We've located the source of the monsters as Keele's Dungeon, that you entered the other day!"

Kazuma: "You can't blame everything on us. But just in case, I'll ask. Do you guys know anything about this?"

Megumin: "Unless it has anything to do with explosion magic, then it has nothing to do with me."

Darkness: "I haven't done anything to cause a problem."

(Y/N): "Nah, not me. Literally almost bled out in there, though."

Sena: "What?"

(Y/N): "A Cannibal Gremlin had my shoulder for supper. But I had the last laugh."

Darkness: "How did that feel?!"

(Y/N): "I don't know, Lalatina, What the hell do you think it felt like?"

Sena: "I'm sorry, but there's no way an adventurer of your level took down-"

(Y/N) silenced her by pulling a chain out of his shirt. On the end of the necklace rested one of the monster's teeth.

(Y/N): "I'd show you the scar, but Aqua healed it already."

Sena: "H-how?"

(Y/N): "He bit into my jacket, so I separated his head from his fucking shoulders. Simple as that."

Sena: 'Mental note: Don't take his threats lightly.'

Aqua: "Yeah, I did work too! If anything, there should be less monsters because of me!"

Kazuma: 'Did she say "Because of me"?'

(Y/N): 'Something's wrong here, I can feel it.'

Kazuma pushed Aqua out of earshot, and (Y/N) followed.

(Y/N): "I can't believe I'm saying this, but keep talking."

Aqua: "Well y'see-"

Kazuma: "Uh huh."

Aqua: "That purification circle in the lich's room took so long to draw!"

(Y/N): "Oh no."

Aqua: "So it should still be in tact, so no evil entities should be able to approach it."

Kazuma: "Hold on, what did you say?"

Aqua: "Wh-what? The circle should be keeping monsters-"

Kazuma: "You idiot!"

(Y/N): "Aqua, we need to find you a babysitter."

(Timeskip)

The party, along with several adventurers, we're back outside of Keele's Dungeon. While waiting for orders, Kazuma and (Y/N) made idle conversation.

Kazuma: "You know, your eyebrows are finally starting to grow back."

(Y/N): "So is the rest of my facial hair."

Kazuma: "Yours grows quick."

(Y/N): "That's how I got away with a lot of drinking. On the road, my beard used to come a good three or four inches off of my face."

Kazuma: "Damn, I wish I could grow one like that."

(Y/N): "I'm still trying to decide if I wanna keep it. It's easier than shaving, but it gets in the way."

Kazuma: "More than your hair?"

(Y/N) grabbed at the hair resting just above his shoulders.

(Y/N): "This took me a year to grow out. No way in hell I'm cutting it. If I ever did, I'm going to shave it all."

Kazuma: "Why?"

(Y/N): "The only thing as metal as long hair is no hair. Jens Kidman, Phil Anselmo, Maynard James Keenan."

Kazuma: "Haven't heard of a single one."

(Y/N): "Well they're really fuckin cool. I wish I could play you some of my records and CDs. Maybe that's what I'll wish for when we kill the Devil King."

Kazuma: "Out of anything the gods are able to provide, you'd pick your music collection?"

(Y/N): "Hell yeah. Those things got me through more times than I can count."

Kazuma: "It's your wish I guess. But back on the beard thing, I think you should keep it."

(Y/N): "How come?"

Kazuma: "Picture a long haired bearded guy with a guitar and a lightning sword. That's the kind of guy I'd want in my party."

(Y/N): "You don't want me in as I am now?"

Kazuma: "You know that's not what I meant."

(Y/N) snickered a bit.

(Y/N): "I don't know. I'll ask Megumin what she thinks sometime."

Kazuma looked a little confused.

(Y/N): "I've known girls that like the rugged kind of guy, and ones that like the opposite. Although, I'm pretty sure I know which one she likes more."

Kazuma: "Are you that close, or is she just easy to read."

(Y/N): "She wouldn't be easy to read if we weren't close."

Suddenly, a small bobblehead like creature walked into view.

(Y/N): "The fuck is that?"

Kazuma: "My guess is the monsters they were talking about."

(Y/N): "That? It looks harmless though. Unless it blows up or something, but how likely is that?"

Sena: "Satou."

Kazuma: "Satou here."

Sena: "It appears that someone is summoning these creatures."

She pulled out a small piece of paper.

Sena: "Therefore, I ask you to defeat the summoner, and place this on the summoning circle. This is a sealing talisman."

Aqua: "I don't know why, but looking at these masks disgusts me on an instinctual level."

Aqua picked up a rock off the ground, and got ready to throw it, but the doll marched over and hugged onto her leg.

Aqua: "What? What is this? Does it want attention? The mask still ticks me off, but the more I look, the more it looks cute-"

The doll exploded, leaving Aqua shocked on the ground.

(Y/N): "Well what do you know."

Sena: "These dolls seem to blow up on coming in contact with people."

Kazuma: "I see."

(Y/N): "It's a Baron Bunny."

Aqua: "Why are you so calm about this?!"

Darkness walked forward into one of the dolls. It exploded but Darkness was unfazed.

Darkness: "Let's move."

(Y/N): "Give me a second."

(Y/N) threw his sword into the ground, and took his guitar off his back.

Darkness: "What are you doing?"

(Y/N): "Oh yeah, you haven't seen me do this. It's pretty cool."

(Y/N) did the same thing as before, bonding his lightning to his sword. This time it was more precise, and he was able to get more lightning on the blade. He put the guitar on his back, and pulled his sword from the ground.

(Y/N): "Let's raise some hell."

Darkness: "I'll take the lead-"

(Y/N): "Nope. I don't have your defense, but I can take care of myself. I'm scouting ahead, Darkness, Kazuma, take middle positions. You'll be the first to know if something's up. The others can bring up the rear, backing us up."

(Y/N) didn't even wait for them to agree before he jogged into the dungeon.

Sena: "Didn't he say he almost died down there? Why would he want to go alone? Is he that reckless?"

Kazuma: "It's reckless for sure. But I know the way he thinks. Other than Megumin, he's the strongest in our party."

Darkness: "Hey, I'm strong."

Kazuma: "(Y/N) can hit his targets."

Darkness: "..."

Kazuma: "Anyway, he's going first because he doesn't want us running into something we can't handle. I think that scuffle in the dungeon really scared him."

Sena: "I see."

Megumin: "I'd just be a hindrance, so I'm staying up here."

Kazuma: "Alright. Aqua you're with us."

Aqua: "No! I don't wanna go back there, you'll just leave me again!"

Kazuma: "Fine. Well Darkness, it's me and you."

Darkness: "Just me and you?! I feel like you're a bigger threat than the monsters!"

Darkness was excited, and Kazuma deadpanned.

Kazuma: "I could just leave you in the dungeon to traumatize you like Aqua."

With (Y/N)...

A doll flew down the corridor before hitting a wall, exploding on impact.

(Y/N): "I really hate to do it to you guys, you're too cool. But I've got no choice."

Another doll jumped towards him, but (Y/N) caught it with the tip of his sword. Focusing as hard as he could, he made a bolt of lightning solid, and shot it off the tip of the blade, taking the doll with it. It met the same wall, and the same fate. (Y/N) decided to just let some go, and rushed ahead. He came to a corner and peeked around, seeing a man with the same mask as the dolls creating something he couldn't see. (Y/N) slowly rounded the corner.

(Y/N): "You had fun with these, huh."

???: "Ah, so you've made it this far."

The masked man stood up.

???: "Welcome adventurer, to my dungeon! I am the source of this evil, and your problems!"

Suddenly, (Y/N) could see the creation. It was another doll, but this one copied the man's movements.

???: "A commander in the Devil King army, and a duke of hell who leads an army of demons. An Archdemon who's sight pierces all."

The man lifted his head, as the doll did the same.

Vanir: "I am Vanir."

(Y/N): 'Duke of hell? That sounds pretty fucking cool.'

Vanir: "Indeed it is, boy."

(Y/N): "Ah, I suppose that's the allseeing part of you?"

Vanir: "You are correct."

(Y/N): "If you've seen the future, you know all my moves. So I'll get my ass handed to me, Kazuma will come in with some ludicrous plan and somehow save me. Welp, let's get this over with."

Vanir: "Ho? You'd challenge md, who's rumored to be more powerful than the Devil King himself?"

(Y/N): "For better or worse, I'm not allseeing. Not exactly in the loop here."

Vanir: "Well fear not, boy. I may be a commander, but all I do is keep up the barrier. A commander in name, if you will. I was commissioned by the Devil King to see what became of Verdia."

(Y/N): "So that's what a duke of hell is doing all the way out in the boonies."

Vanir: "I also decided to check in on a knucklehead shopkeeper who has a strange talent of losing more money the harder she works."

(Y/N): "I don't need to be allseeing to know who you're talking about."

Vanir: "I am what is commonly known as Demonkin. And the greatest sustenance for us is the dark emotions that you humans are so ashamed of!"

(Y/N): "I've got a lifetime supply of food for you then."

Vanir: "I appreciate the offer boy, but regret and inadequacy are much too bitter for my tastes."

(Y/N): "Oh well, at least I offered."

The doll seemed to give (Y/N) a sympathetic look.

(Y/N): "You know, those little things are causing a lot a trouble up top."

Vanir: "Ho? I only created them to clear out the dungeon. If they've made their way out, then it should be clear."

Vanir snapped his fingers, and the doll turned into a pile of sand. Right after, Kazuma and Darkness rounded the corner as well.

(Y/N): "What took you so long?"

Kazuma: "We've been behind that corner listening for a while."

(Y/N): "Why'd you come out now?"

Kazuma: "Cause it looks like things are about to get serious."

(Y/N): "But I like him, he's cool."

Kazuma: "Why do you always find the generals cool?"

(Y/N): "I'm a metalhead, we've got a little bit of a fascination with the dark and devilish."

Vanir: "I suppose I should move on to the next plan."

Kazuma: "Just what are you after?!"

Vanir: "How rude, especially coming from the man that became lethargic in wake of the armor girl's late return."

Kazuma: "I-I did not! And quit fidgeting Darkness!"

Vanir: "I have a simple wish. I will create a dungeon, that appears to be filled with treasure. Some brave adventurers will rise to the challenge! After fighting through the dungeon, I will be waiting for them as the final boss. I'll say: 'Come adventurers! Defeat me and obtain incredible riches!' After a climactic battle I will be defeated, and they will open the treasure chest. Instead of treasure, the will see a piece of paper with the words 'You Lose.' That is how I wish to die."

(Y/N): "Keep talking, I like your sense of humor."

Vanir: "I was planning on using a friends shop to save money to build my own dungeon, but this one seemed uninhabited, so I thought it was good enough. Everything was going well until I got to around here. The magic circle in that other room is truly vexing, I can't do so much as enter the chamber."

Kazuma: 'Her again...'

Vanir: "So it was your ally that drew the circle! Let's check in on them...I see...I see her clearly. That priestess is the one who drew the circle! I can see her clearly...as she drinks tea and lazes about!"

Kazuma: 'That little...'

Vanir: "And you girl! You've lost your bet with this man, and you're so curious about what crazy thing he'll demand that you're squirming in anticipation!"

Darkness: "I-I am not squirming!"

Vanir: "And you, who's nervous about what he should demand from the armor girl!"

Kazuma: "I'm not! I-I AM TOTALLY NOT NERVOUS!"

(Y/N): "Y'all need to get it together."

Vanir: "And how can we forget you, boy? Who would never admit it, but thinks he isn't good enough for his Crimson Demon partner-"

(Y/N)'s carefree attitude faded instantly, and he gripped his sword. Vanir tried to move, but (Y/N) still managed to plunge his blade into the palm of Vanir's hand.

Vanir: "A fast one, aren't you boy?"

(Y/N): "When it comes to enemies, it's simple. I seek and destroy."

Vanir's hand crumbled to dust, and another formed in it's place.

Vanir: "Why don't you three sit aside? I have a rule about not killing humans. But that priest who drew the circle is going to pay dearly!"

Kazuma & (Y/N): 'He knows what Aqua is?!'

Darkness: "If you're threatening Aqua, I cannot stand down!"

Vanir: "If you step aside, you can surely receive the crazy punishment you've been hoping for!"

Kazuma: "Don't listen to him, it's the temptation of devils!"

Darkness: "I'm not being tempted at all! It's you who needs to consider the time and place!"

Kazuma: 'A-am I really the only one being tempted?'

(Y/N): "You two need to get a fucking grip! You can do all the crazy things you want once we finish here!"

Kazuma & Darkness: "WE'RE NOT GOING TO DO CRAZY THINGS!"

(Y/N): "Is this what me and Megumin were like before we got together?"

Vanir: "Indeed it was. I can only imagine the dark emotions!"

Darkness: "Enough! I'm tired of hearing you talk!"

Darkness began to swing her sword at Vanir, who effortlessly dodged every swipe.

Vanir: "Haha! Then why don't you two take a break in that room with the circle?"

Darkness: "Kazuma, you need to stop being so tempted! We live in the same mansion, what would we do if our relationship took such a turn?!"

(Y/N): "Oh, so you do have a relationship!"

Kazuma: "We do not! She may have the looks and body type I prefer, but she's still Darkness! I need to get it together!"

Darkness: "Wh-when we get home, you'll pay for that!"

(Y/N) joined in on attacking Vanir, and was getting much closer than Darkness. While Vanir was distracted, Kazuma slipped behind him, waiting the moment to attack.

Vanir: "Where did that sneaky boy go? He seems like a much bigger threat than this muscleheaded girl."

(Y/N): "You forget about me?"

Vanir: "Not a chance, boy. The only reason he snuck away is because you're keeping me quite occupied."

Kazuma peeked from around a pillar behind Vanir.

Kazuma: 'Now's my chance. This is a perfect sneak attack!'

Kazuma unsheathed his sword and ran at Vanir.

Kazuma: 'Gotcha!'

Before he could reach him, he tripped over a stone ball, and fell forward.

Kazuma: 'Goddammit!'

He knocked into Vanir's back, letting (Y/N) and Darkness both land an attack.

Darkness & (Y/N): "HAAAAAAA!"

Vanir's body started to crumble.

Vanir: "To be...defeated here..."

Vanir's entire body, excluding his mask, turned into a pile of sand just like the dolls. (Y/N) knelt down and examined it.

Kazuma: "What idiot left that laying around?"

(Y/N): "Who knows? Let's just get the out of here, I need a drink."

Suddenly the mask attached itself to (Y/N).

Vanir: "Just when you thought you'd won! You thought you defeated me, but the damage I've taken is little to none! And now I've taken control of this boys body and mind!"

Kazuma: "(Y/N) say something!

(Y/N): "Something."

Vanir: "You've resisted my mind control?"

(Y/N): "It's not exactly easy, but I'm managing at the moment."

Vanir: "You truly are impressive."

(Y/N): "So I've been told."

Darkness: "(Y/N)! How does it feel to have both body and mind violated and controlled?! I must know!"

(Y/N) slashed forward with his sword, nearly cutting Kazuma.

(Y/N): "What you must do is slap that talisman on me while I still have a little control left!"

(Y/N) slashed again, this time hitting Darkness. Because of her insanely high defense, she didn't catch fire, but instead received an electric shock. She moaned.

(Y/N): "...At least she isn't burning to death."

Vanir: "She's feeling...aroused?"

(Y/N): "And now you've truly met Darkness."

Kazuma cleaned the magic circle as Vanir tried to figure out a way to deal with Darkness without giving her an orgasm.

Kazuma: "I've got you now!"

Kazuma slapped a piece of paper onto the mask.

Vanir: "What is this?"

Kazuma: "A sealing talisman. Now you won't be able to control (Y/N)."

Vanir: "You foolish boy, this only delays me!"

(Y/N): "He's right. I'm losing control by the second, so you need to run while I can still hold him back. Get Aqua informed and ready to react, and hurry. I'll start making my way up after you, so don't fuck around down here any longer."

Kazuma grabbed Darkness by the wrist, and they started out of the dungeon. After a minute, (Y/N) started up too.

Vanir: "My my, aren't we calm under pressure?"

(Y/N): "Well, you're in my head. Gotta keep it level for you."

Vanir: "Haha! I like you, boy. We're going to have fun."

(Y/N): "Oh boy, I can't fucking wait."

(Small Timeskip)

As soon as (Y/N) came up the steps out of the dungeon, Aqua blasted him with magic.

Aqua: "Sacred Exorcism!"

Vanir: "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

Kazuma: "Don't just blast people for no reason!"

Aqua: "I had a good reason! I felt an evil presence approaching, and I was making sure it didn't come further."

Kazuma: "For once, you have a valid reason. (Y/N)'s been possessed by a Devil King General."

Sena: "A general?!"

Aqua: "Now that you mention it, he does stink! It's that stench that comes from devils alright."

(Y/N): "Fuck you...I...don't stink."

Kazuma: 'It's taking more out of him than I thought it was. We need to act quick.'

Vanir: "Ah, the priestess that shares a name with a certain dimwit water goddess. Allow me to introduce myself...I am Vanir. To blast someone with magic without warning...This is why no one likes the Axis Cult! Have you ever heard of etiquette?!"

Aqua: "What do we have here, a devil talking about etiquette? But aren't you just a pathetic bug who can't get by without human emotions? Pffft!"

Aqua laughed for a moment.

Aqua: "...Sacred Highness Exorcism!"

(Y/N) dodged out of the way.

Vanir: "And you were so close too."

Sena: "This does match the description of a wanted masked devil. Everyone, apprehend him!"

Adventurers charged at (Y/N) left and right. Vanir seemed to upgrade his strength, as he punched, kicked his way through the adventurers. Not a single attack hit (Y/N), and all the adventurers who tried lay beaten on the ground. (Y/N) gripped the hilt of his sword, brimming with lightning.

Vanir: "Now that priestess shall pay!"

Vanir was obviously trying to move, but (Y/N) wouldn't let him.

Vanir: "What is-"

(Y/N): "Now now, Vanir. I've been plenty nice to you. So you're gonna grant a wish for me."

Vanir: "What are your terms?"

(Y/N): "I want a duel to the death...with Satou Kazuma!"

Kazuma: "What the hell?!"

Vanir: "This is certainly interesting."

(Y/N): "If I can kill Kazuma, then you can kill Aqua. Simple as that."

Vanir: "Mmm, I can already taste the feelings of betrayal! Alright boy, you have a deal."

(Y/N): "Well I can cross 'deal with a devil' off of my bucket list. Come at me Kazuma!"

Kazuma hesitantly walked out in front of (Y/N), gripping his sword with shaky hands. After (Y/N) threw his jacket to the side, Vanir was in control. Kazuma clumsily slashed towards (Y/N), who parried it effortlessly.

Kazuma: "Why?!"

(Y/N): "Oh, you'll find out in due time. Hahahahaha!"

Kazuma gained a little courage and attacked with more confidence. (Y/N) continued to deflect each strike. (Y/N) shot a bolt near Kazuma's feet, startling him. He capitalized on this by advancing, and with one swift motion, Kazuma's sword was flying through the air. Left defenseless, (Y/N) hooked his foot behind Kazuma's leg, bringing him to his knees.

(Y/N): "Give me my body, Vanir. I've been wanting to do this bastard in myself for a long time."

Kazuma, Aqua, Megumin, Darkness, & Sena: "What?!"

Vanir: "Such betrayal, such disappointment! You've given me a marvelous meal. I will grant your request."

(Y/N) grabbed his sword with a reverse grip, and held it over his head.

Kazuma: "We were family. We were brothers. Was that just a lie?"

(Y/N): "I lie about lots of things."

Kazuma closed his eyes and braced himself.

(Y/N): "Oh, don't be scared. If Aqua lives, she'll revive you. She can't revive after a natural death, but I suppose murder, or suicide, isn't natural."

Kazuma's eyes shot wide.

Kazuma: 'Is he...No. No way.'

(Y/N): "Goodbye Kazuma."

(Y/N) brought the sword down swiftly, piercing his target with ease.

Megumin: "NO!"

Vanir: "What?"

Kazuma looked up at his friend, a sword through his stomach and starting to catch fire.

(Y/N): "I'm counting on you."

The self impaled (Y/N) fell backwards, burning. Kazuma quickly got to his feet.

Kazuma: "CREATE WATER! CREATE WATER!"

(Y/N) was no longer on fire, but he wasn't responsive. Aqua quickly rushed over. The first thing she did was purify Vanir. The second thing she did was start to heal (Y/N). She was able to heal the burns, but it was too late. He was already gone. He'd be talking to Eris in just a moment.

(Timeskip)

Sena: "Satou Kazuma! In addition to this award and letter of appreciation, I offer you the sincerest apologies for the suspicions brought against you!"

Kazuma: 'After all that, they simply couldn't believe that subordinates of the Devil King would go to these lengths to defeat one of his generals. And so, the accusations of me being a spy were dropped. Not having to worry about being executed takes a weight off my back.'

Sena: "And (Y/N) (L/N)! For your composure and great sacrifice you have been awarded a medal of honor! The royal family has heard of you and your party's feats, and wish to meet with you in the future!"

(Y/N): "I'd put the medal on, but Megumin's in the way."

Clinging to him was Megumin, who had not left his side since Aqua revived him.

(Y/N): "You gonna stay there forever?"

Megumin: "How would you feel if I killed myself right in front of you?"

(Y/N): "...Fair point."

Sena: "For the adventurer Satou Kazuma and his party...Along with the Mobile Fortress Destroyer, the defeat of the Devil King General Vanir would have been impossible without your contributions! Your debt, including reimbursement for the Lord's mansion, will be subtracted from your reward! After factoring these in, your reward comes out at 40 million eris!"

Aqua: "Nature's Beauty!"

The guild erupted in cheers. Kazuma and (Y/N) both wiped tears from their eyes.

Kazuma: 'Those heavy chains that clung to me for so long...they're finally gone.'

Kazuma: "We've obtained the wings of freedom!"

(Y/N): "We're finally free! Fuck it! We're doing a show, right here, right now!"

The guild cheered once again.

(Y/N): "Megumin, you're gonna have to let go."

Megumin: "...Fine. But I'm sleeping with you tonight."

(Y/N): "I promise."

Megumin: "Good. Now get up there and blow them away again."

(Y/N) departed from Megumin and jumped on top of a table. Whiskey was already en route to him. Turning on the looper for the intro for the first song, he turned to the crowd.

(Y/N): "Alright everyone! You ready?!"

The crowd cheered.

(Y/N): "That wasn't good enough! I said ARE YOU FUCKING READY?!"

The guild cheered louder. This was definitely the biggest crowd yet.

(Y/N): "Sounds like you fuckin are! Alright, this first song you haven't heard. But I want you all to sing along. You'll figure it out. All you need is two words. Repeat after me: In waves."

Guild: "In waves."

(Y/N): "In waves!"

Guild: "In waves!"

Just then, the intro ended. (Y/N) went straight into the song.

(Y/N): "IN WAAAVES!"

Soon enough, the entire guild caught on. The guild was screaming along with each 'In waves' that came. As the song progressed, the guild moved more and more, setting the tone for the night to come. Ending the song, (Y/N) was met with over 200 cheering fans.

(Y/N): "If you couldn't tell, that song was In Waves. Now we've taken down not one, but two Devil King Generals. I'd say that's something to be proud of! And we're constantly moving up, one level at a time. We're not gonna get pushed around or shit on forever! Right?! Lemme hear a FUCK NO!"

Guild: "FUCK NO!"

(Y/N): "That's right! This song's about getting ahead, about finding new confidence and rising above! It's A NEW FUCKING LEVEL! OPEN UP THIS FUCKIN PIT!"

And so, the first circle pit of the night began. If there was any doubt whether (Y/N) had fully recovered, it was crushed.

(Y/N): "NEW LIIIIIIIFE! IN PLACE OF, OLD LIIIIIIIFE! UNSCARRED BY TRIALS!"

Sena: "This is the same man who kept cool while possessed, and even sacrificed himself?"

Megumin: "Yep. Isn't he dreamy?"

(Y/N): "A NEW LEVEEEEEEELLLL!"

Kazuma: "Now you've met the real (Y/N). You get used to it."

Sena: "A-are we sure that he's the same?"

Darkness: "He's been this way as long as we've known him."

Aqua: "He hasn't changed a bit over all these years."

Kazuma: "It hasn't been that long, you dumbass."

Suddenly, the guild cheered again, signaling the end of the song.

(Y/N): "Alright! I don't know if you've heard, but I fuckin died the other day. So I'm gonna start to slow things down for tonight. Plus I've got a nice surprise for you as our last song. This is The End of Heartache."

A slower song surprised the crowd. They quickly got stuck in the groove though, and were banging their heads. Soon enough, the clean vocals in the chorus surprised them again. The guild erupted with applause and cheers at the end of the song.

(Y/N): "Ok, this is our second to last song. It's a little different than the others, but I think you'll love it all the same. It's a song called Love You To Death."

(Y/N) mustered the lowest, bassiest voice he could possibly do, trying to honor the great Green Man.

(Y/N): "In her place, one hundred candles burning. A salty sweat, drips from her breast. Her hips move, and I can feel what they're saying. Swaying. They say the beast inside of me is gonna getcha, getcha, yeah."

Just like that, adventurer girls were squealing.

(Y/N): "I beg to serve, your wish is my law. So close those eyes, and let me love you to death."

(Y/N)'s voice poured out like smooth whiskey, and the crowd was lapping it up. The women wanted him, the men wanted to be him, and a certain Crimson Demon was getting more flushed by the second.

Megumin: 'He's so sexy...Wait, what am I thinking about?!'

Aqua: "Wow...I didn't know he could...wow. Megumin, you picked a good one."

Although no one could tell, (Y/N) was singing with Megumin in mind. The 'am I good enough?' was genuine. As the song ended, the crowd sounded less like a mixed crowd, and more like a crowd of Beatles fangirls.

(Y/N): "That was Love You To Death. Now, I've got a special surprise for you. The last song, you don't have to hear me sing. It's an instrumental called Cliffs Of Dover. Now, it's not easy by any means, and that's why I've stayed relatively sober tonight. So if I hit a few bum notes, forgive me."

From the first run, the guild was captivated. The swell of the chorus brought more cheers than expected, nearly drowning out the guitar. The intricate, somewhat melancholic nature of the song spoke to their hearts, without ever having to say a word. With the ending lick, a sea of hands in the air, and cheers louder than (Y/N) had heard at some festivals.

(Y/N): "Thank you! Now that that's over, I'll be at the bar getting drunk as fuck!"

And that's exactly what he did. Putting the guitar in his back, he worked through the sea of adventurers to the bar. Upon sitting down, there was already a whiskey waiting for him.

(Y/N): "They know me too well."

(Y/N) felt a tap on his shoulder as he tipped his cup back. He expected Megumin, or even Kazuma or Darkness, not Aqua, cause she was drunk already for sure. Instead, he turned to see no less than thirty adventurer girls crowded around the bar.

(Y/N): "How can I help you ladies?"

Adventurer Girl 1: "Um...We were wondering..."

Adventurer Girl 2: "Can you sing that song again?!"

(Y/N): "Wh-what song might that be?"

Adventurer Girl 3: "The low voice one."

Adventurer Girl 4: "It's Love You To Death. Do you girls pay any attention?"

(Y/N): "Whoa now, it's alright. I only said the name once or twice. Why do y'all wanna hear that one again?"

Adventurer Girl 4: "Isn't it obvious?"

Adventurer Girl 2: "Your voice is super fricking sexy!"

(Y/N) blushed a little, but laughed anyways.

(Y/N): "Hahaha! Y'all think my voice? Haha! I can't hold a candle to Pete."

Adventurer Girl 5: "Maybe, but we've never met him, so we wanna hear you again."

(Y/N): "Look, I'm flattered, but-"

Megumin: "Excuse me! Coming through!"

Just then, Megumin cut through the crowd, and strutted right up to (Y/N). She jumped up and sat in the barstool next to him, clinging onto his arm.

Adventurer Girl 4: "What do you think you're doing?"

Megumin: "Simple. I'm spending time with my boyfriend."

She produced a smug grin, and stretched out the word 'boyfriend.'

Adventurer Girl 2: "Boyfriend-"

(Y/N): "Hey Darlin. How'd I do tonight?"

Adventurer Girl 1: "D-Darlin?!"

Megumin: "You did amazing. But I'm glad it's over, I've been wanting to kiss you all night."

The girls looked surprised, then quickly decided to back off. Megumin pushed (Y/N)'s arms aside for a moment, and crawled into his lap. He hugged her waist, keeping her from falling off. She pushed his head to her chest, and held him.

Megumin: "...mine."

(Y/N): "Hmm?"

Megumin: "I said you're mine. They were right though. Your voice is really hot when you do that."

(Y/N) cleared his throat and looked up at Megumin.

(Y/N): "Well then, am I good enough for you?"

Megumin: "Of course you are. If there's someone better, you'd have to show me. And even then, I wouldn't believe it."

(Y/N) eyes widened. He wasn't expecting a genuine answer, so it caught him off guard. With just those words, his insecurities disappeared. He hugged Megumin close, and kept her close until they left the guild. Holding hands all the way home, they made it to the mansion. After changing into comfy clothes, Megumin walked through the door to (Y/N)'s room, and promptly plopped herself down on the bed. (Y/N) blew out the candle, and his room was completely lit by moonlight.

(Y/N): "You're gorgeous in the moonlight."

Megumin: "Thank you. Now let's go to bed, I'm exhausted."

They crawled into bed and cuddled into each other. Soon enough, Megumin was fast asleep. (Y/N) said one last thing before sleeping himself.

(Y/N): "Someday, I'm gonna marry you."

Or at least, he thought she was asleep. For as he drifted off, Megumin's eyes lit up the entire room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter down. I'm happy with the way this one turned out, especially compared to the last. I really enjoy Vanir's character, so he was fun. Now I have an important question for y'all. You see, I had an idea, and I've written ahead a little bit in some parts of the hot springs arc. And by a little bit, I mean 1300 words of toothrotting fluff. But here's where the question is. Do y'all want a lemon? Cause I've got a really good and natural build up to it, and it just feels right to put it in that spot. I should say that it will happen anyway, I'm just asking if you guys want it described in the chapter, or just implied. If I get more no's than yes's, I won't write it. If I get more yes's than no's, then I will. And if I get neither, I'm just gonna put it in anyways. Other than that, I wanna thank you all for 3k reads, and over 50 votes. Genuinely never thought I'd see the day, and I am incredibly grateful. With all that aside, I hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you in the next chapter.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

105K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
816K 23.9K 56
Sora, a guy who was reading up on "That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime", had not been paying attention when he got struck by a moving truck. H...
12.6K 435 22
Growing up, you wanted to practice magic with your big brother, but fate seemed to have different plans as you were sucked to another dimension. Year...
35K 1.1K 26
Y/N L/N was a pretty average guy. He went to school, had friends (barely), had parents, and so on. One day, he died. And got reincarnated. In this ne...