Apology, Becoming One, And Angry Mob

Woah there partner! This chapter gets a little spicy, so if that's not your cup of tea, steer clear of the part after the songs. You've been warned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kazuma wasn't expecting anybody to knock on his door. So as he got up to open it, he couldn't help but feel annoyed. He was prepared to scare away another cultist.

Kazuma: "If you shove one more conversion form in my face-"

Thrown off guard by the sight in front of him, he let his sentence trail off. There in the doorway stood (Y/N) with depressed look on his face, almost in tears.

Kazuma: "You look like hell."

Kazuma started to worry when he didn't respond. (Y/N) just kept his gaze at his feet, building up the courage to ask for help.

Kazuma: "Hey man, what's up with you? I'm starting get concerned here."

(Y/N): "...Look, I could use some help. Someone to listen to me ramble at least. You're the best option."

Kazuma: "But why not Megumin? You're closer to her than me?"

(Y/N): "It's about her...About us."

Kazuma instantly dropped everything, not that he was doing much other than hiding from cultists anyway. He exited his room and closed the door behind him.

Kazuma: "We're going to the hotsprings, talk to me on the way."

(Small Timeskip)

Megumin sat next to Darkness, trying to let the hot water that enveloped her body calm her.

Darkness: "He just walked away?"

Megumin: "Y-yeah."

Darkness: "...There's something missing here. He's not the type to just get up and leave someone. Especially not you."

Megumin: "I know, that's why I'm worried. He's keeping something from me."

Darkness: "It must be a big thing. He loves you more than anything, anyone with eyes can see that. Which is why it's concerning that he kept this from you."

Megumin simply fixed her gaze on the water in front of her, lost in thought.

Megumin: "...Do you think we'll work it out?"

Darkness: "I myself have never been in a relationship. Typically, I couldn't know. But after watching you two together for as long as I have, I have confidence that you will. Just...listen to what he has to say, and comfort him. You know him better than anyone. You know that he's feeling...a lot right now. But if you two can't work out something like this, then I don't think anyone can."

Megumin looked to Darkness with admiration, and with gratitude.

Megumin: "Thank you Darkness."

Darkness: "You're welcome. I may not know a lot about relationships, but I can listen to you at the very least."

Megumin: "You're a good friend, Darkness."

On the other side of the wall...

As (Y/N) slowly sunk down, the hot water sapped his strength. Next to him was Kazuma, and across from them sat a man and a woman. He'd noticed her, but surprisingly, Kazuma wasn't staring like he usually would. His mind was preoccupied.