Ultimate scapegoat (DanganRo...

By Kakirihazuri

Y/n is the average high school kid with a talent unlike most other. He is called the ultimate scapegoat for h... More

Invite to Hopes Peak
The new teacher
Chaos and Class Rep
The Project and The'Ultimate' Little Sister
Ultimate Replacement
The Exams/ Enter Kamukura
Baby Gangsta's Little Sis.
Fall Festivities, Part 1: School festival announcement
Fall Festivities, Part 2: Preparation and Procrastination
Fall Festivities part 3: School festival problems
The ultimate hope meets the warriors of hope
Protecting Hope part 1
Protecting Hope Part 2
Protecting Hope Part 3
Protecting Hope Part 4
A Little Ultimate Chaos
Seasons change festival date
Chiaki's Christmas Party
New years events
The New Students
Helping out the Student Council
The Despair Sisters
Speaking with Mukuro and Missing student
Despair
The end of the beginning
Monokuma
Motive
Second Floor, Second Motive
Trail 2
To Another Motive
An Upset Brother
A Filler Chapter
The end of the killing game
Future Foundation
Towa City
Gathering the Party: Part 1
Gathering the Party: Part 2
Gathering the Party: Part 3
Towa Tower
An Emergency Signal
Picking Up What Remains
Neo World program
Beef or Chicken?
We're Doing A Sequal
Leaders and Bombshells
Spending a bit of free time
Motive Seems Redundant
More Free Time Before We get This Party Started.
A Little Party Never Killed Nobody...
Investigation Thyme
Cooking Up a Trial

Trial and Terror

2.8K 71 47
By Kakirihazuri

While the other students were looking at their eHandbooks, I headed to the infirmary to get the knife in my shoulder out. Once there I set the stuff on the table for me to work with and began treating my wound. Once I finished, I went to leave, only to find the door wouldn't open. I sighed and sat down on one of the beds, thinking about what to do, until an announcement over the intercom started "ahem. Anyone caught trying to interrogate the Victim will be punished by death. You're supposed to investigate, so no cheating!" I sighed and tried opening the door again, but it still wouldn't open. Monokuma appeared in the room and laughed "Why are you trying to leave? Just be a good victim and wait until the class trial kay?" I stared blankly at it "If I'm going to be stuck in here, at lease bring me something to eat. Unless you want me to stay hungry" Monokuma saluted and immediately disappeared, before reappearing again with a table of food. Of course it had a candle and a second chair that monokuma was sitting in "here you go! a table for you and me to have our first date!" I grabbed a plate of food and walked away from the table, sitting on the bed. "I'm not going on a date with you. Ever" The candle on the table went out and Monokuma laid its head down on the table, pretend crying. After I finished eating what was on the plate, I set the plate on the table and went back to the bed "since I can't leave here, clean up that table and get it out of my sight" Monokuma let out a sigh and disappeared with the table. 

I sat there in silence until there was a knock on the door, I walked over to the door and knocked back. I heard a sigh from the other side of the door and unexpectedly, the door opened, right into my face. I sighed and stepped back, looking at the person who had opened it. Standing there was 'Junko', staring at me. I stared blankly at her "hello" She sighed and looked around "Why are you hanging around in the infirmary?" "Monokuma had the door locked so that I couldn't get out" She nodded and sighed "Well, I can't ask anything about what happened last night...but are you okay?" I nodded and thought "yeah, I'm just fine. But I have a lot on my mind right now" She nodded and grabbed my hand "If you need someone to talk to, I'll always be willing to" I nodded and pat her head "Same to you, I don't remember who you are exactly, but I know that I want to help you for some reason" She smiled and was about to speak, but she was interrupted by the intercom going off. "Ahem, Investigation time is now over, Report to the red doors and get ready for the class trial" 'Junko' looked at me and I nodded, then began walking to the red doors that were conveniently close to the infirmary. Once everyone was there, the doors were opened, revealing an elevator shaft. We all got into the elevator and it began lowering us into a new area, a large court room. 

I stared at the room, feeling a headache rising. everyone else in the room was drown out by a static noise in my ears, as I saw images of spears in my vision. I looked down at the spears to see that they were stabbing out of me, but I felt no pain. In front of me, I saw a faceless girl with short blond hair with a strange hair pin, wearing a torn up jacket with a brown school uniform underneath it. A soft voice called out from the girl "Y/n...." The headache got worse and worse as the visions faded, until it all suddenly stopped. I felt someone shaking me, a little roughly but not hostile. I looked over and saw Mukuro. I blinked my eyes as a light headache returned. Standing there shaking me, was 'Junko' with a concerned look "Izuru, are you okay? You seemed to be spacing out a bit." I nodded "I'm fine, just....had a little headache." She nodded and we stepped out of the elevator, into the court room. Monokuma was sat on a throne, much like the one I had seen in the motive video the other day. However there was a second throne next to it with a picture of me on it. In the center of the room was a circle of podiums, each having a students name on them. there was one for everyone except for me. I sighed and walked over to the throne that had my picture on it. Monokuma seemed pleased as I sat down on it. 

Once everyone was in their spot, Monokuma began talking "Welcome to the first ever Class Trial! Normally, this wouldn't take place unless a student was murdered, HOWEVER, One of you bastards hurt my precious prince here. So it is being treated as serious as a murder." I frowned and glared at the 2 tone bear as it continued its explaining "Here, the spotless and the blackened will face off in a heated trail of hope and despair. The Spotless will work together to try and identify the culprit, while the blackened will be working to deceive the spotless. In the end, it will be left to a vote. If the majority of spotless vote for the culprit, than only the culprit will be punished, However, If they vote for the wrong person, everyone but the blackened gets punished." I sighed and shook my head "That was too long of an explanation, why don't you just tell them what you want them to be finding" Monokuma saluted me and spoke again "Yes sir! In this class trial, there are a few mysteries that must be solved before voting time can begin. First, what happened during that night. Second, what went wrong. And finally, Which one of you bastards hurt my Kamukura." 

Mondo scratched the back of his head "You say that, but how are we even supposed to start? It's not like any of us have experience with this kind of thing" Kyoko spoke up "I believe we should start with the scene of the crime." 11037 spoke out "It was at Makoto's room, so it was obviously him that did it!" Makoto waved his hands in front of him "There is no way that I did it! I wasn't even in that dorm room" Byakuya spoke up "Likely story, however you are going to need more than that to get the suspicion off you" Kyoko spoke up again "hold on, there is something I found odd about Makoto's dorm room" 'Junko' spoke up "you mean the nameplate, right?" Kyoko nodded "it was Makoto's dorm, but it had Sayaka's nameplate." Makoto speaks up "That's because me and Sayaka switched dorms for the night! she told me that she was afraid that someone would sneak into her dorm to kill her so I offered to switch room" Sayaka had a dark expression on her face for a moment before speaking "if I was afraid of someone coming to my dorm, why would I move my name plate with me? were you planning to frame me Naegi?" Makoto stared at her in disbelief and Leon clenched his fists, gritting his teeth. I sighed and spoke up "What if, you were planning on someone going to you?" Monokuma stood up in his seat "Hey! You aren't allowed to give them answers!" I looked at Monokuma "When was that a rule? You only said that they couldn't interrogate me for answers, the only reason I haven't said anything until now is because I wanted to see where they would go on their own. But I see that it was more boring than just giving them answers" Monokuma stood still for a moment before letting out a laugh "Fine, you can speak, but you can only give hints, or clarify things that they get correct" I frowned "how boring... but I will tolerate it for now." I looked back at the circle of podiums, Sayaka was now glaring in my direction. 

Mondo spoke up "why would Sayaka want someone to come to her room?" Kyoko took out a piece of paper "according to what I found, it might be that she was planning on killing someone." She shows the piece of paper, that appeared to be a note, asking someone to go to Sayaka's room after the night time announcement, signed by Sayaka. Kyoko continued speaking " Another thing that points to you is the weapon used." Mondo scratched his head "the butcher knife right?" Kyoko nodded "that's correct. I asked Asahina if she had seen someone go to get the knife" Yasuhiro spoke up "how would she have known that?" Aoi spoke up "becuase me and Sakura were having tea and talking in the cafeteria at the time" "Who's Sakura" The large buff girl spoke up "that would be me" "Ah! that's a girl!!!" Celeste speaks up "So we should figure out who was called to her room then?" Aoi nodded "well, its obviously gonna be one of the guys right?" Hifumi nodded "that would be the most likely option, No guy would resist being called into a super popular idol's room. except me of course, I'm only interested in 2D girls" Kyoko nodded "we can rule out Makoto since he had switched rooms with her, and Kiyotaka since he wouldn't be someone to follow that note. That leaves us with Byakuya, Leon, Izuru, and Mondo." Byakuya frowned glaring at Kyoko "the fact that you would insinuate that I would bother with such a low class girl offends me" Chihiro speaks queitly "w-we can rule out Izuru since he wasn't staying in his dorm. People would have noticed her leaving a note to him' Byakuya speaks up "That leave Mondo and Leon" Celeste covers her mouth "and you, excluding yourself from the list makes you more suspect" Yasuhiro speaks out "wait, why am I excluded from the list of guys!" 'Junko' speaks up "No girl would want you in their dorm, even if they were going to kill you" Yasuhiro looked down, dejected. 

Kyoko looked down at her notepad "Well then, our biggest suspect is Leon." Leon looked shocked "What the hell do you mean I'm the biggest suspect!" Kyoko calmly and bluntly spoke "when investigating Makoto's room, I found that there were a few stands of your hair around the room" Leon seemed to start sweating a lot, trying to come up with an excuse. I sighed and shook my head "this is, boring. the answer is obvious already" Monokuma huffs "it would be more difficult if you hadn't interrupted what would have happened!" I sighed again "if i didn't stop it then I could have just pointed out who the killer was since I witnessed the whole thing." "oh, that's true..." I sighed and looked at the group in the circle of podium "Since this is going nowhere, I'll just say it. The person who stabbed my shoulder was Leon. However, he stabbed me during a fit of rage after Sayaka tried to kill him. This case is already over, so..... Makoto, summarize"  Makoto flinched back in surprise "m-me? why" "Cause I looked at you first." Makoto reluctantly agreed "alright... So, Last night, Sayaka had came into my room, scared that someone was going to sneak into her room at night and kill her. So I had offered to trade rooms with her for the night in order to help her feel more safe, however she was planning something. After we had switched rooms, she wrote the letter to the blackened, asking them to go to her room to meet with her after the nighttime announcement played. Then she headed to the kitchen to get her weapon, the butcher knife. however she was seen by Sakura and Asahina. Once she made it back to the dorm room. she switched the nameplates so the blackened wouldn't go to the wrong room. After the nighttime announcement played, the Blackened went to the room as the note said to. Then Sayaka attempted to kill them, but her plan didn't work out as she expected. The blackened managed to prevent the attack from hurting him and took the knife from Sayaka. Enraged, the blackened was going to kill Sayaka, however Izuru got in the way. The blackened wasn't thinking straight, and stabbed him. The only one it could be is you. Leon Kuwata, Ultimate baseball star." 

Leon stood behind his podium silently for a moment before speaking "yeah. It was me, I stabbed him. If that stupid bitch didn't try to murder me none of it would have happened." Leon glared at Sayaka intensely, until Monokuma spoke up. "It seems a verdict has been reached! Everyone pull the lever in front of you to vote for who you think the culprit is! will you choose right, or will you be despairingly wrong!" one by one everyone pulled the levers, soon a screen showed  weird animation of a wheel spinning until it landed on Leon. The word guilty lighting up across the screen "Thaats correct! The culprit who hurt my Kamukura was none other than Leon Kuwata! though it was very obvious. . . I'm honestly very disappointed in you all, try to come up with a better crime next time. And don't bring my Kamukura into it!" I sighed and shook my head "I'm not yours." Monokuma huffed "I would feel sad, but I'm too excited to be! After all, I have a special punishment ready for the Ultimate Baseball star" Leon yelled out "I thought there was only punishment if there was a murder!" Monokuma laughed "hurting Kamukura is as treacherous as murder, now get ready for the bone chilling, Despair inducing punishment!" 

Suddenly, a door opened and a shackle came and gripped around Leon's neck, pulling him down a hall into a caged area with a miniature baseball field in it. Leon was shacked onto a post as Monokuma came out of the floor with a baseball launcher. Leon stared at the object in fear as Monokuma loaded baseballs into it. The gun began to start, however I decided to take action, jumping over the fence and standing in front of the baseball launcher. Monokuma stopped the machine and stared at me angrily "What are you doing! Get out of the way so I can administer proper punishment." I glared down at Monokuma "You call this proper punishment? You are going to kill him just for stabbing in the shoulder? I can heal from this easily, death isn't curable. If you are going to claim to do a proper punishment than at least make it a fair punishment." Monokuma stood there silently for a few minutes before the grin on his face seemed to get more sinister "Okay! I have the perfect, fair punishment in mind then" the floor opened up, lowering the Baseball launched back down into the ground, and bringing up a single baseball bat. I stared down at the bat as images began to fill my head again. A girl with black hair swinging a bat at a blonde girl, me getting in the way, and the blonde girl standing in front of me smiling. The images dissipated as Monokuma picked up the and walked over to Leon. He stared down at the bear, struggling against the chains that kept him bound to the pole. In one quick motion, Monokuma brought the bat down. Blood splattered against the ground and pole and the chains broke. Leon fell down to the ground next to Monokuma, a puddle of blood forming around him. Monokuma picked up something off the ground and let out a laugh. Leon Kuwata, The Ultimate Baseball star, had lost his arm. 

................................................................................................................................................................

A/n:

Sorry for the wait, I had gotten busy and had a hard time trying to figure out how to do the trial without making it boring. That was until I realized that It would have been boring to Izuru anyways and made him end it for me. Crisis averted, chapter created. If I don't get too busy the next chapter shouldn't take a month to come out again. 

Until next chapter. 

A/n 2:

alright, so Lesson learned, coffee before working. I fixed all the errors that I could see, but there might be more. for anyone that hadn't seen my super fuck up. I will paste the unedited thing that I had messed up. 

"alright... So, Last night, Sakura had came into my room, scared that someone was going to sneak into her room at night and kill her. So I had offered to trade rooms with her for the night in order to help her feel more safe, however she was planning something. After we had switched rooms, she wrote the letter to the blackened, asking them to go to her room to meet with her after the nighttime announcement played. Then she headed to the kitchen to get her weapon, the butcher knife. however she was seen by Sakura and Asahina. Once she made it back to the dorm room. she switched the nameplates so the blackened wouldn't go to the wrong room. After the nighttime announcement played, the Blackened went to the room as the note said to. Then Sakura attempted to kill them, but her plan didn't work out as she expected. The blackened managed to prevent the attack from hurting him and took the knife from Sakura. Enraged, the blackened was going to kill Sakura, however Izuru got in the way. The blackened wasn't thinking straight, and stabbed him. The only one it could be is you. Leon Kuwata, Ultimate baseball star."

That's what I get for staying up late to update my story. anyways, thanks for reading and for the 3 people that pointed it out less than an hour after I published. 

until next chapter. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 5.4K 26
A/N: This is an original story and will not be following the plot of the game nor the anime, I apologise if some characters do not act as they are su...
5.1K 258 40
WARNING: This story contains intense themes that may be upsetting for some readers. These include: Death, gore, blood, language, mental and physical...
8.5K 184 14
It's been a few years since the Killing School Life that took place in the sealed Hope's Peak Academy. The survivors of Class 78 has joined forces wi...
2.8K 98 23
Kiku Hansaki is a new transfer student in Hope's Peak Academy. He was scouted as the Ultimate Artist of the 77th class for his award winning artistic...